Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you GT.

Thank you my friend for your thoughtful comments. :)

Beautiful pic with the old lock.

Thanks Jack. A very well written and quite comprehensive work on the subject. You would enjoy it.

I always love your pics with the gorgeous colors in them Dave.

Have a great day all.View attachment 1158966
Great black and tan pairing Dwight! :thumbsup: :)

Great black n tan pairing Ron :) The matching isn't bad is it? I'm not entirely sure Wright's understand the notion in the way we might here, I have several of their knives where I prefer the stag on the pile side, but then others may have different taste in stag to me. The stag on that random pick matches better than on the fancy one I was gifted though, lovely as it is :) I don't really have a problem with it of course, as I am perfectly happy to have different types of stag on either side, so long as they both have some character :thumbsup:

2brsjVP.jpg

m6nt9cZ.jpg
Thanks for the Black and Tan compliment Jack! :) The stag does match fairly well on your gifted Hartshead Jack. However, I do believe your EDC Hartshead matches better. :thumbsup: I agree whole heartedly with your comments above Jack. The key statement being, "I am perfectly happy to have different types of stag on either side, so long as they both have some character." One thing that I might add from my personal point of view, when I am lucking enough to get to hand pick stag knives in person, is reasonably equal thickness from Mark to Pile sides. However, I by no means would place that above character! :thumbsup::D I would say as an observation judging from all the photos that have been posted here, and the knives that I have personally received, the vintage Sambar that you have had Wrights to use on our knives is very nice quality. :thumbsup: Sure it is possible that they could have maybe matched some knives more closely, but overall they have done a terrific job! :thumbsup: :)

Long day yesterday, about 13 hours with the drive. It was a good day and started off with seeing this just as I left, about a mile from my house. Yes, that is yucca:mad:
IMG_1237.JPG

So today I'm not fiddling around
IMG_1240.JPG

Lots to do, have a great day Guardians!
Thanks for the compliments on my Stag HHB, Preston!
I agree that Frank and Gary are the right men for the job. I hope none of my comments even hinted otherwise.
Great shot of your Ironwood and jigged bone Waynorth as well as a neat collection of ducky items. I would love to leaf through that Duck stamp print book!
Thanks Mark, the book is older, published 1988. The prints in the book are well done and the history of the program makes it a gem.
I'm going with Ironwood today!
Mark, the background for that wonderful Ironwoood is very creative...well done:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
There's a lot of soul to that picture Mark;):) seriously, neat idea and beautiful Ironwood:thumbsup:
Very good, wish I had thought of that!!!:D
Thanks for the kind words everyone! For reference, here's what my Venture looked like when I got it, LOL.

View attachment 1158453
Glenn, thanks for that photo, makes your effort and work even more impressive!
Dutch would make a good Marine.

Thank you John. Sorry those dead-heads ruined your fishing.:( :rolleyes: :D

Beautiful pic Dave!

Very cool shot Mark. Thinking "outside the shoe". :D

Thanks for the "before" shot Glenn. The touch of the master's hand. :cool:

View attachment 1158485
Great photo...as usual. Thanks for the comment about Dutch. When I was in the Army, I had the pleasure to work with some Marines. All were, task orientated, hard working, dedicated.
pjsjr pjsjr Your Ebony Lamb looks well protected.
You bet, he will lick your face off!!!:p Fine photo of you Senator
It is a good cover, isn't it..:cool::D
I can send you a mix tape. You have a 8 track player? ;)
I don't, Kevin...thanks for the offer, much appreciated. Great picture, but isn't that a little over the carryng load for that VW Type 2:eek:
Preston, you'll probably notice that I'll often post two consecutive multi quote messages. That's the result of getting the 10K character limit error and having to split my original single too-long post into two parts. I wish there was a magic over-ride key though! :p:thumbsup::cool:
Gary, I didn't notice that you had split the posts, I have a low power level of observationo_O:rolleyes:o_O
Back in Black! Great photo, Preston!:cool::thumbsup: Great dog and knife.
My Cocker Spaniel is all black like that, sure can catch you off guard when it's dark!

Thank you very much for the kind words, Preston!:):thumbsup: Working on the health thing.

TOTALLY AGREE!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Mitch, I know that I have that LP somewhere...I'll try and dig it out and post a follow up/sequel
Don't know much about punk, but like the Ramones and Patti Smith. And Elvis Costello. And Blondie. If they count.
Sure, they all count! If you like it, it's good!
Thanks Preston, that's a great pic :) One day we'll fill the world! ;) :D :thumbsup:
We can hope, we can hope!
Wow, I think I actually got caught up! :D Hope I didn't miss too many posts :thumbsup:

Carrying stag today :thumbsup:

R83fo6T.jpg

That background is actually my jacket on top of a drystone wall on Saturday! :D
Epic effort, Jack! Great shot of that HHB
Thank you my friend! :)

Thanks Jack! I do too! :D

Great stag Jack! The pile side seems to match the mark side quite well! :thumbsup: I’m glad you and David @donn were able to have a good visit! :cool: :D

Ebony and Rosewood for Wednesday! ;) Y’all have a great day! :D

48248395137_4b51be7f17_o_d.jpg
Parsley, rosemary and thyme...ebony and rosewood. Goes well together!
Good morning Guardians! It was a beautiful morning for my daily stroll amongst the trees today...
nss6wRG.jpg

... all 10 of them!
7cPWvWa.jpg

:rolleyes::thumbsdown::mad:
A couple of fine shots that is a handsome
View attachment 1159014 This little guy followed me to work today. Break time!
Fine photo and fine horn on that lambfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you. Happy that yours’ and David’s day was a splendid one. A six mile walk..You have a lot of stamina or I’ve gotten older. I suspect the latter.:) A nice bevy of Lambs displayed.

pjsjr pjsjr Thank you Preston. That’s a wonderful “fiddling around” image.

dc50 dc50 Dave, your Lambfoot images really bring the drama with those colorful backgrounds,

@Fodderwing Dwight, the dynamic duo Lambfoot Image is especially nice, because of the detail in the shadow area.

Good Morning Guardians.
6F48F9E3-5A4A-4C3B-B320-BEB58924DA8C.jpeg

Another day is drawing to a close at Grumble Towers, and I'm about to hit the hay. Before I do so though, I just want to leave you with this one thought Guardians...

JSvlUp1.jpg

Goodnight folks ;) :thumbsup:
I like those "3 Commandments", Jack. ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: When I work with middle school kids, I usually tell them we'll be guided by the 3 Cs: Cleanliness, Courtesy, and Common Sense. Almost any behavior of which I don't approve can be seen as a violation of at least one of the 3 Cs.

Pocket full of good stuff
View attachment 1158135
Definitely good stuff, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good Evening Guardians
I look forward to glimpses of Sköll, John (despite the story about the kid who cried "Wolf" too often :rolleyes:). :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great replys, Gary! Grand shot of UJ, GT!
Like Preston, I grew up with the yucca plants everywhere. In our youth, we would find good size poles, get on our horses and joust! :D:thumbsup:
Cactus, on the other hand, getting thrown off a horse, landing in one....still have bad dreams of that!:confused::D
Thanks for your nice remark about the Union Jack, Dennis. :)
I can believe the yucca stalks would draw a boy's attention! ;):thumbsup: The yucca in my back yard is in full bloom right now, and several of the stalks are 6-7 feet tall!

I've fallen behind, and have neglected to thank a couple of gentlemen. I recieved a package from Charlie last week, and reflects even more of the generosity and caliber of folks here! When I opened the package, I was floored, and not sure if I can ever repay them for their generosity and thoughtfulness! The package contained the wonder horn lamb below, and a Case Whittler.
So to Charlie and Jack, thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm still walking around with a goofy grin on my face, and was definitely a major boot to my moral and mental state!

So, here's Big'un!
whIT4BX.jpg
Impressive new lambsfoot, Dennis! Congrats on that Big'un, and plaudits to Charitable Charlie! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

zEeJaPI.jpg

I find this Barlow mesmerizing.
Have a great day, Guardians!
"Mesmerizing" is a good word for it, Vince, especially in that bowl! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I hope these latest pictures give Jack some sweet dreams!!View attachment 1158342
Very impressive, Charlie! :eek::thumbsup::cool: You could equip a baseball team with lambsfoots. :D

I've always been amazed and impressed with the overall civility and camaraderie on the "Traditional Folders" section here on BladeForums.
All of the threads including this "Guardians" site rarely stray off course and seem to self correct if needed without delay or accusations.
I'm proud to be a small part of this vast group.

View attachment 1158354
+ 5K! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!:):thumbsup:

10ql1j7.jpg
Irresistible Ironwood, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Morning all (and afternoon)View attachment 1158414
The bark on that limb and the pattern/color of your Damascus blade are so similar! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I'm going with Ironwood today!

CWqO3to.jpg
Great choice, Mark; that Ironwood has sole! ;):cool::thumbsup:

I was supposed to go fishing this morning... My wife and son wanted to go with me, but they drug their feet getting ready and now it's too late to hit the good fishing window. So, just sitting at home taking pictures of knives. :(

Still having fun taking knife pictures... Beep-Bop-Boop
Thank you, Harvey. :)
I try to have fun at all times. My wife calls it "childish". ;)
John, I had already selected your two photos so I could remark that, since my wife is out of town currently, I didn't have to hear her say, "Boys and their toys!" with that tone in her voice. Then I find that you get some of that at home, too! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I’m carrying this wee Sambar today! Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :thumbsup: :D

43675769400_4a074d1f41_b_d.jpg
Small but splendid, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I almost ignored this pic, Dwight, but upon further reflection, I HAD to express my appreciation for the superb quality of both knife and photo! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A couple new Lambsfoot knives. A big thank you to Jack for making this happen!

View attachment 1158518
Congrats on that championship pair!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

A goooood morning to all the Lambsfoot people out there.
48237394137_e47d3ada13_h.jpg
Ace pic, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand"
Sometimes your cards ain't worth a Lamb, if you don't lay'em down...

I noticed the MLB All Star game was on television tonight. It looks like the Lamb League is already ahead 4-0! :eek::D

48147914437_913ceaf839_b_d.jpg
Definitely the All-Stars of this thread (and others) for the past few weeks!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Love that pic of Union Jack, GT! Well shot!
Thanks, Matt. :) Here's a shot of Union Jack on vacation last summer:
UJ.mark.deckvista.jpg

- GT

No one can say "You don't know Jack!"
They still do... :D

I look forward to glimpses of Sköll, John (despite the story about the kid who cried "Wolf" too often :rolleyes:). :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
With only three Lambs, you're going to hear a lot of echo. :D

John, I had already selected your two photos so I could remark that, since my wife is out of town currently, I didn't have to hear her say, "Boys and their toys!" with that tone in her voice. Then I find that you get some of that at home, too! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm sure that's the way it is with all of our hobbies, women (excluding Rachel and some others) don't understand, unless it's purses and jewelry. ;)

Back