1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Good day to give a Google translator a workout, I think. :p

Vielen Dank, Harvey. :)

Muchas gracias, Dennis. :)
    You've got the lambsfoot look locked in! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Merci beaucoup, FBC (although LamBarJack tells me he's ambivalent about being a laughingstock :rolleyes:). :)
    I like multi quotes, but I like photos that can be posted in multithreads even better! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I name my lambsfoots, but I've NEVER been reminded of fictional characters by my knives! :thumbsup::D

Evocative ebony, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How are you liking your ebony lambsfoot?

Glad you gents had a great time together in Sheffield! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    David, your Hartshead stag Barlow looks stellar; congrats!
    Jack, wonderful swag from David, but isn't there a saying something like "Beware Lancastrians bearing gifts"?? ;)

Jack, your stag HHB looks superb from every perspective! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Shukraan jazilaan, Jack. :)

Looks like Ron and Dwight are of one mind regarding which lumber lambsfoots to limber up for Wooden Wednesday! ;) Fantastic pics of your rosewood/ebony pairs, guys! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Perspective is everything, Matt! :D:thumbsup:

That blond horn lambsfoot is a looker, Ben! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Cool outdoor vista, Preston! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the ungulates in the pic - elk?
    I'll bet your stag senator is always in tune!
    When I make two consecutive multi quote posts, it's a challenge to tell where the first one ends and the second one starts. :rolleyes:

Vince, stag is very subjective, but I sure admire the pile side of your HHB! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::p:D

To be fair, I don't understand my wife's artsy/craftsy hobbies at all. :eek::confused::rolleyes:
    Nice art work, John, to illustrate that cautionary tale. :thumbsup::cool::D

Congrats on the splendid stag lambsfoot HHB! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Muito obrigado, Dwight, for your encouraging words. :)
    Glistening ironwood pic! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Do you wet your rock for photographic purposes, or just use whatever the current weather provides?

Cool to see the lambsfoot that started you on the quest, OG! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic fourfold flock, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very handsome stag lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Union Jack again for me:
    UJ.mark.dock.81718.jpg

- GT

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.
  2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thank you sir!

Agreed, John. That is all I have worn for about a dozen years now. High quality, long lasting shoe. I typically wear down the sole completely before anything else gives out.

Thanks a lot, Paul!:thumbsup: I hope your thumbs get back to normal soon for you.

That side reminds me of Cases Bonestag, Jeff. I have wondered the same thing and pondered adding Iodine or Betadine for color. Possibly even mixed with Pot. Perm.?

Nice photo there.:thumbsup:

I think you are right Gary in that a little more swell on the pile side aids in a good purchase!
    Great shot of Union Jack and LamBarJack.:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the nice words Dennis! Much appreciated my friend.:thumbsup:

Love that photo, Dennis.:thumbsup:

Very nice, Jose.:thumbsup:

Thanks for those top shots, Jack! Yours looks nicely symmetrical too. Love the pile side as well. Have yourself a great day, Jack.:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Gracias, Señor.
    Nice composition with the wood and the water, Gary. :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, cigarrodog, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the stropping info. I know there's at least one thread on it over in the maintenance & tinkering forum. It seems there are different ways of doing it: slack or stiff backed, leather or balsa wood, loaded or not, etc. I'll just have to sit myself down and practice to find what works for me.

Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Behold the Lambsfoot. :)
    IMG_1133.JPG

6. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    Every great knife need a bespoke suite :)

[​IMG]

Â

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    mitch4ging, cigarrodog, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  8. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]

9. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thank you Chin. Greatly enjoyed your post as always! :)

Thank you GT.
    Gracias hombre mio. Tu eres muy amable. Yes, sometimes I do wet the rock. :D

Good day to you folks! IMG_3867.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    mitch4ging, glennbad, pjsjr and 13 others like this.
  10. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Great picture. What type of sharpening stone is that?

cigarrodog and Cambertree like this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    mitch4ging, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.
  13. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    @kamagong , hi, it's an old japanese stone, very very fine and tender . I bought it years ago for my razors .

Â

14. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Lambs of a feather...
    Sorry for the poor quality, I was zoomed through a window.
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, pjsjr, TFBraden and 10 others like this.
  15. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words Gary! :D

Great wood on those two Mark! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks for answering a question that I’ve been meaning to ask! I thought you might live in a rain forest! ;) Your Stag Damascus candlestick is one of the greats! :thumbsup: :D

16. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    You need more squirrels to clean up after those messy birds. If you like, I would send you some.

Cambertree, cigarrodog, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    The squirrels are afraid of my dog... The birds aren't. :D

18. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day, enjoy your meal and safe travels. The HHB makes great company!
    Thanks, Dave
    I have only photographed my HHB, but sure they
    Thanks much, Matt. I do enjoy trying to find interesting ways to take pictures of these wonderful knives, they are photogenic, for sure.
    Nice, capturing the blade and its reflection in the water sure makes for a pleasant and interesting photo.
    Great photo, John, what birds do you have coming in to that feeder? I ask because you can tailor the feed for the type of bird. It's possible to limit the mess that way. Also with that, the type/style of feeder makes a difference. The one shown in your photo allows them to dig and scratch around to get to the seed they want, leaveing th
    Congratulations on your acquisition, you did a wonderful job on that photo. Before reading, I thought the glove was a slip for the knife;)
    Two stellar examples of lambfoot art you have there, congrats!
    Excellent post, like all of yours Chin, great information and photography.

19. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ha, Kevin, way back I had a '54 VW, with the split rear window. don't think it had enough HP to get out of it's own way. Only heat was in the summer, defrost was something to scrap the ice off the inside of the windshield! Loved that beetle, one I wish I could have kept!
    As per above statement, excellent info and photos>
    That polished lamb is quite easy to look at.
    Thanks, they are Mule deer, Gary. We do have Whitetail deer in these parts. Only the male/buck have antlers, which they lose in the late fall/early winter. These have their antlers in 'velvet' which will harden and be rubbed off in late summer.
    Nice photo of a great pair, Mark

20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you. I'll send you a message so we don't derail the Guardian's thread. :)

mitch4ging, pjsjr, Ramrodmb and 3 others like this.