Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good day to give a Google translator a workout, I think. :p

5K Qs 5K Qs Both Union and Lambar Jack look great.
Vielen Dank, Harvey. :)

More wonderful GT shots!:):thumbsup: A very capable couple, Gary!:cool::thumbsup:

Mine again for the day/week!
p5MAYZY.jpg
Muchas gracias, Dennis. :)
You've got the lambsfoot look locked in! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Why yes, yes I will. :D
Union Jack and LamBarJack are looking berry berry nice.
BTW, LamBarJack....very clever , it makes me laugh every time. :thumbsup:

This pair reminds me of the Blues Brothers, the HHB is Jake and the Waynorth is Elwood. :D
48209655582_f4d856ea94_h.jpg
Merci beaucoup, FBC (although LamBarJack tells me he's ambivalent about being a laughingstock :rolleyes:). :)
I like multi quotes, but I like photos that can be posted in multithreads even better! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I name my lambsfoots, but I've NEVER been reminded of fictional characters by my knives! :thumbsup::D

Good Wednesday Guardians!;):thumbsup:

346n98z.jpg
Evocative ebony, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How are you liking your ebony lambsfoot?

Hoping to catch up a little shortly, but I wanted to thank David @donn for the great company in Sheffield, and also for the very generous Lancashire care package :) :thumbsup:
Naturally, we had a few pints to wash down the excellent conversation (my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow on the right, and David's new one in stag on the left) :)

u1iI4xh.jpg

Thanks again for your kindness David, and for the excellent crack yesterday :thumbsup:
Morning Guardians hope your well.
Yep like Jack says I had the pleasure of meeting up with this fine gentleman yesterday in the city of Sheffield to collect my Hartshead Barlow in person. ...

Anyway many thanks Jack for making the journey to deliver the Hartshead and for a great day out in general. :thumbsup: I've just briefly seen another post and apparently we walked 6 miles! :cool:
Glad you gents had a great time together in Sheffield! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
David, your Hartshead stag Barlow looks stellar; congrats!
Jack, wonderful swag from David, but isn't there a saying something like "Beware Lancastrians bearing gifts"?? ;)

Thanks again my friend, I thought I better go and take a pic straightaway, otherwise I'll forget! :D I also realised I hadn't yet taken a photo of the pile-side yet! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Jack, your stag HHB looks superb from every perspective! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

LOL! :D Thanks for the kind comments GT, nice to see those two my friend :) :thumbsup:
Shukraan jazilaan, Jack. :)

Ebony and Rosewood for Wednesday! ;) Y’all have a great day! :D

48248395137_4b51be7f17_o_d.jpg
Have a great day all.View attachment 1158966
Looks like Ron and Dwight are of one mind regarding which lumber lambsfoots to limber up for Wooden Wednesday! ;) Fantastic pics of your rosewood/ebony pairs, guys! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians! It was a beautiful morning for my daily stroll amongst the trees today...
nss6wRG.jpg

... all 10 of them!
7cPWvWa.jpg

:rolleyes::thumbsdown::mad:
Perspective is everything, Matt! :D:thumbsup:

View attachment 1159014 This little guy followed me to work today. Break time!
That blond horn lambsfoot is a looker, Ben! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Long day yesterday, about 13 hours with the drive. It was a good day and started off with seeing this just as I left, about a mile from my house. Yes, that is yucca:mad:
IMG_1237.JPG

So today I'm not fiddling around
IMG_1240.JPG

Gary, I didn't notice that you had split the posts, I have a low power level of observationo_O:rolleyes:o_O
Cool outdoor vista, Preston! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the ungulates in the pic - elk?
I'll bet your stag senator is always in tune!
When I make two consecutive multi quote posts, it's a challenge to tell where the first one ends and the second one starts. :rolleyes:

Good morning, Guardians!
bXfekLN.jpg
Vince, stag is very subjective, but I sure admire the pile side of your HHB! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

How about: "When are you going to grow up?" :D
:thumbsup::p:D

I'm sure that's the way it is with all of our hobbies, women (excluding Rachel and some others) don't understand, unless it's purses and jewelry. ;)

To be fair, I don't understand my wife's artsy/craftsy hobbies at all. :eek::confused::rolleyes:
Nice art work, John, to illustrate that cautionary tale. :thumbsup::cool::D

Well, it came sooner than expected. Thanks goes out to Jack and Charlie for their help. Very fine Gentlemen.
View attachment 1159161
Congrats on the splendid stag lambsfoot HHB! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

You are very kind with your detailed thoughtful comments GT. I am always appreciative.

Union Jack sittin on the bay... Handsome fellow.
Have a great evening and night allView attachment 1159194
Muito obrigado, Dwight, for your encouraging words. :)
Glistening ironwood pic! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Do you wet your rock for photographic purposes, or just use whatever the current weather provides?

My first Lambsfoot
D05evWU.jpg
Cool to see the lambsfoot that started you on the quest, OG! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

How about a family portrait?
Td8VZV6.jpg

These things are like rabbits!
Fantastic fourfold flock, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very handsome stag lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Union Jack again for me:
UJ.mark.dock.81718.jpg

- GT

Thank you, Mark, outstanding looking ironwood my friend. :thumbsup::cool:
Thank you sir!

When it's time to wear shoes, it's got to be Merrells. Lovely Ironwood Lamb, Mark. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Mark. :cool: :thumbsup:

I was supposed to go fishing this morning... My wife and son wanted to go with me, but they drug their feet getting ready and now it's too late to hit the good fishing window. So, just sitting at home taking pictures of knives. :(

Agreed, John. That is all I have worn for about a dozen years now. High quality, long lasting shoe. I typically wear down the sole completely before anything else gives out.

There's a lot of soul to that picture Mark;):) seriously, neat idea and beautiful Ironwood:thumbsup: I was gifted a very close twin to your Ironwood from Duncan and am in the process of "letting it sit partially open" to possibly (not always successful) soften the opening pull. I feel a bit inadequate (no comment Duncan)! being able to open it but in my defense, I've busted up both thumbs before and recently injured my left again:eek: needless to say, I will make it work so the beauty will be in my rotation soon:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Paul!:thumbsup: I hope your thumbs get back to normal soon for you.

Thanks, Mark, I do love the toasty stag. I've wondered what I could do to produce that same color on the pile side.
te9fqLf.jpg

A rare coffee morning for me today, a small break from my teas.
WTnPDeX.jpg
That side reminds me of Cases Bonestag, Jeff. I have wondered the same thing and pondered adding Iodine or Betadine for color. Possibly even mixed with Pot. Perm.?

Had to rescue some tiny white peaches this morning. #LambsfootToTheRescue ;)

Have a great week everyone!
pfwAHaZ.jpg
Nice photo there.:thumbsup:

Jack, you're not using that lovely stag HHB to help you create crop circles, are you? :eek::rolleyes::thumbsup:

Amazing how much spelling has changed! :eek::cool:

John and Mark, thanks for these interesting shots of your stag HHBs. Both knives appear to have a little more thickness or "swell" in the pile side stag, and I've discovered that I really like the way that makes a stag knife feel in my hand. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Another shot of Union Jack:
View attachment 1158817

The LamBarJack is still within easy reach, too:
View attachment 1158820

- GT
I think you are right Gary in that a little more swell on the pile side aids in a good purchase!
Great shot of Union Jack and LamBarJack.:thumbsup::cool:

Thank you very much, Mark! It's a treat to carry!:thumbsup:

Fantastic shot, Mark! Lovely Ironwood!:):thumbsup:
!;):thumbsup:
Thanks for the nice words Dennis! Much appreciated my friend.:thumbsup:

RALF looks ready to go! Nice setup, BM!:cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo, Harvey!
I also see a doughnut !:D
But a beautiful photo of your lamb!:):thumbsup:

...I know what you mean, Dave! Plus have the time I don't know what day of the week it is!:eek::D

Nice, Mike!:cool::thumbsup:
Could be another "I carry a Lambsfoot to rescue fruit "!:D:thumbsup:

Cool shot, FBC!
BTW, back a few pages, you guys were doing some forging. I think I have that same forge, a NC Blademaker? Great forge.:thumbsup:

I'm with you there, John, but never dove into punk too much, just the mainstream stuff, The Pretenders, The Clash, Sex Pistols etc... :cool::thumbsup:

Nice Jack, John!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool shot, Dwight! Seems like a cheerful book!:eek::D:thumbsup:

Looks like you have a winning team there ron!:):thumbsup: Nice League photo.:cool::thumbsup:

Nice! Bet you use that one a lot, HB!:cool::thumbsup:

More wonderful GT shots!:):thumbsup: A very capable couple, Gary!:cool::thumbsup:

Mine again for the day/week!
p5MAYZY.jpg
Love that photo, Dennis.:thumbsup:

Good Wednesday Guardians!;):thumbsup:

346n98z.jpg
Very nice, Jose.:thumbsup:

Thanks Preston, that's a great pic :) One day we'll fill the world! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Dave, what lovely colours :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Mark :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again my friend, I thought I better go and take a pic straightaway, otherwise I'll forget! :D I also realised I hadn't yet taken a photo of the pile-side yet! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

a9IwUXS.jpg

yVH5909.jpg

LRx8dkH.jpg

That's a smashing pic Mark :) :thumbsup:

According to my phone pedometer, I walked six miles in mine around Sheffield yesterday :thumbsup:

That's frustrating John (been there) :( Great pic though :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Let me know if you're struggling too much Paul, and I'll swap you one with a softer pull :thumbsup: If you check out the index, there's also a good post by @Cambertree on the subject of softening a pull :thumbsup:

There's no doubt that Wright's could match their stag better :rolleyes: I know some folks have had good results with potassium permagenate :thumbsup:

I'm even more impressed now Glenn! That was in bad shape! :eek: Great rescue, did you jig the bone yourself? :thumbsup:
Thanks for those top shots, Jack! Yours looks nicely symmetrical too. Love the pile side as well. Have yourself a great day, Jack.:thumbsup:

ZuNT59M.jpg

Nice pictures and related subjects, Kamagong, Cambertree and r8shell.
Thanks!
Maybe i can help you. Go to a thrift store[ i think that is what you call them over there ] and buy a cheap LEATHER belt, preferably one with a smooth and rougher side. Loop it through a drawer handle or hang it from somewhere. Get a old knife that you have sharpened and practice on the belt. Just take your time, get the angle fairly close to the bevel edge and light strokes. You will be surprised if you take your time how proficient you will get. And always ask on the forum or you can PM me, only too willing to help. Good Luck.

Regarding stropping, I find it’s useful to make sure the knife is razor sharp and cleanly deburred (as much as possible anyway) before going to the strop.

I’ve had good success using very thin strops made of leather or balsa (about as wide as a Sharpmaker rod), stuck to the thin sides of a piece of timber, to preserve the tip.

Yes, like you I also tend grind right back into the sharpening choil/cutlers notch, so it becomes like a mini scalloped serration. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I've never had success stropping with a hanging belt except for a convex grind where it works great. For other grinds, in the past I've used a piece of a belt glued to a piece of wood. I found the support of the solid backing (and light pressure) to be the key for me in achieving good results.
For stropping a Lambsfoot, I now use a "strop block" which is a pre-loaded 2 1/2 x 8 inch strip of leather attached to a block of wood. The stability/support of the wood (again with the correct pressure) and the grain of the hand selected leather, consistently gives me excellent results. The manufacturer of these is not on the paid dealer list but if anyone shoots me a PM, I'll be happy to give you the info so you can check it out.
OG
Thanks for the stropping info. I know there's at least one thread on it over in the maintenance & tinkering forum. It seems there are different ways of doing it: slack or stiff backed, leather or balsa wood, loaded or not, etc. I'll just have to sit myself down and practice to find what works for me.

Good morning, Guardians!
jDgpInx.jpg

Thanks Dwight, I felt like I was there my friend, down to my heart starting to beat faster as I imagined the hounds nearing...

...with my Lambsfoot in pocket, as always!;):D

Wonderful Lambsfoot photo, Dwight.
Thank you Chin. Greatly enjoyed your post as always! :)

Looks like Ron and Dwight are of one mind regarding which lumber lambsfoots to limber up for Wooden Wednesday! ;) Fantastic pics of your rosewood/ebony pairs, guys!
Thank you GT.
Glistening ironwood pic! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Do you wet your rock for photographic purposes, or just use whatever the current weather provides?
Gracias hombre mio. Tu eres muy amable. Yes, sometimes I do wet the rock. :D

Good day to you folks!IMG_3867.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like Ron and Dwight are of one mind regarding which lumber lambsfoots to limber up for Wooden Wednesday! ;) Fantastic pics of your rosewood/ebony pairs, guys! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the kind words Gary! :D

Thanks for those top shots, Jack! Yours looks nicely symmetrical too. Love the pile side as well. Have yourself a great day, Jack.:thumbsup:

ZuNT59M.jpg
Great wood on those two Mark! :thumbsup: :D

Yes, sometimes I do wet the rock. :D

Good day to you folks!
img_3867-jpeg.1159478
Thanks for answering a question that I’ve been meaning to ask! I thought you might live in a rain forest! ;) Your Stag Damascus candlestick is one of the greats! :thumbsup: :D

DSC_0359.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm heading off down to the market again tomorrow morning. Leeds best fish & chip shop is closing down very soon, so I said I'd treat the fellers to fish and chips :) :thumbsup:

aCss7DM.jpg
Have a great day, enjoy your meal and safe travels. The HHB makes great company!
Great photo Preston! :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Dave
I have only photographed my HHB, but sure they
Nice composition in that pic, Preston! Thats a good looking LF!
Thanks much, Matt. I do enjoy trying to find interesting ways to take pictures of these wonderful knives, they are photogenic, for sure.
True that OG! If I had to go back to work I guess they'd have to shoot me.

A fine family it is Vince.

Thank's Jack. Have a great day tomorrow.

Thank you Harvey.

I knew we could count on you Taylor.

@Onebigbill - Great pic of your bulldog barlow but please don't waste any time in removing it COMPLETELY from your post. Just edit it out. A very sore subject these days believe me. Lambsfoot knives ONLY. :)

Thank you very much Matt.

View attachment 1159356
Nice, capturing the blade and its reflection in the water sure makes for a pleasant and interesting photo.
Good Evening Guardians
The little birds are messy, messy, messy. :D
Great photo, John, what birds do you have coming in to that feeder? I ask because you can tailor the feed for the type of bird. It's possible to limit the mess that way. Also with that, the type/style of feeder makes a difference. The one shown in your photo allows them to dig and scratch around to get to the seed they want, leaveing th
Chuffed.

I don't really keep a pulse on GEC's goings-on, so when these Charlie's newest SFO came out I was left wanting. A very generous spirit, knowing my affection for traditional cutlery, took pity on me and sent a lamb foot my way. Thank you so much, you know who you are. :thumbsup:

It doesn't get more traditional than this. Gorgeous jigged bone covers, fluted bolsters, and all steel fittings! This is a worthy homage to those old Sheffield knives.

48253761427_f1e8c8b6e9_b.jpg

48253688671_f258502830_b.jpg
Congratulations on your acquisition, you did a wonderful job on that photo. Before reading, I thought the glove was a slip for the knife;)
To own one of the new Lambfoot models would be wonderful, but to be fortunate enough to own both is simply fantastic!!!
Hard to relay just how impressed and thrilled I am with both these recent Lambfoot knives, each emanating both beauty and quality.
A great thank you to Jack and Charlie for producing such spectacular knives!!!

View attachment 1159398
Two stellar examples of lambfoot art you have there, congrats!
Catching up again. This post has been sitting as a draft for a few days, so apologies if I’m covering a bit of old ground.

Just regarding the recent ‘recalibration’ of this thread, I also offer my apologies if any of my posts have crossed the mark into unwarranted off-topic chatter. I’m a terrible digressor at the best of times, although I do always try to return to Lambsfoot content, at least by the end of a post - not always successfully, I’m sure.

Thanks for the reminder Jack, and sorry if I’ve added to the grumble quotient at Guardians HQ, my friend.:thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight, I felt like I was there my friend, down to my heart starting to beat faster as I imagined the hounds nearing...

...with my Lambsfoot in pocket, as always!;):D

Wonderful Lambsfoot photo, Dwight.:thumbsup:

Good to see RALF getting some colour, Jeff. I had my ebony 2018 Guardians knife out the other day too, just to let her know I still love her.;) What a great knife. A couple of older pics with rather less patina than she sports these days:
eU78SjP.jpg

3o3PzVs.jpg

Great pic, mi amiga. Hey, how did you sharpen this one up, Rachel?

I started on the Atoma 140 diamond plates to thin it out, then realised taking it too thin behind the edge, would remove some of that great etch.

So I just ended up going with the Sharpmaker diamond rods at 15dps to set the edge, then progressed through the M, F and UF rods, finishing with a few passes of the UF rods at 20dps, and the obligatory strop with 1, 0.5, 0.25 and 0.1 micron diamond and CBN emulsion on balsa and smoothside leather.

It took off a little of the bottom of the Yorkshire White Rose, but that’s an acceptable trade off to have a straight razor keen knife.

Nice work Dave, well done mate.:thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend.:)

Cheers my friend. Asbury also wrote other books on the Gangs of San Francisco, Chicago and New Orleans, IIRC. Although the Chinese tongs and triads were really a closed book to him.

I noticed Dwight picked up a copy of Mayhew’s Victorian Underworld, which I heartily recommend to any British history buffs. I have the Kindle edition, which allows you to search keywords. Those cracksmen really used their pocketknives for all sorts of tasks, including a whole lotta prying. There’s some great references to some of the master thieves having custom toolkits made on the sly by master cutlers in Sheffield, London and Birmingham. Although I think that period probably predates the Real Lambsfoot pattern, unfortunately.

Yes it’s very interesting what you say about the Lambsfoot being pretty much universally appreciated as a using and working knife.

Thanks David. LOL.:) As well as being mostly alcohol, that Mother Baileys Quieting Syrup was comprised of 10% opium!

Cheers Greg. I’ll post that recipe in a following piece, as I’m always wary of falling afoul of the BF character limit. Cutting up a post on your phone can be quite time consuming.

Absolutely. Here’s the first task it had:
View attachment 1159389
Hmmm, what could be in that package? More on that later, my friends....;)

Thanks GT, yes I’m curious about how that old jigging must have been applied, and haven’t found much information on it.

Victorian morality always cracks me up. Here’s a company selling opiates to babies, children and mothers who feel obliged to include some moral homilies with their wares!

Thanks for the reference and kind words, Greg.

I appreciate that, my friend.

Nice one, Kevin.:cool:

Yes, what was called ‘iron’ then and still is in Sheffield, Solingen and Japanese knifemaking is actually more analogous to what we would call ‘mild steel’ - with about 0.03% carbon. The Japanese have a grade called Gokunantetsu, which is used as a cladding laminate, that has about the same carbon content, but much ‘purer’, in that it has about 10 times lower content of impurities like sulphur, silicon, and phosphorus.

I thoroughly enjoy all your posts, David. Why not just continue as you were, and ensure you work in Lambsfoot content?

You’ve got a lot to answer for mate!;):p:D
View attachment 1159388

Ha ha, great to see another Nemesis The Warlock fan, mate!

I’ve been enjoying the B&W pics some of the Guardians have been posting.
CB3AOYr.jpg
Excellent post, like all of yours Chin, great information and photography.

Thank you Dennis, a hammer in would be a blast! I was playing around with some old 14mm bmx bicycle axles. It was my first time forging ( I have always done stock removal for my knife making ) so I didn't want to ruin good steel. After I get some practice in I have some W2 that needs to get beat on.
I have a fixed blade Lambsfoot started. I'll have to post a pic of it later.

Thanks Jack.

No way man, those things had 40hp! o_O:D

h07037.gif
This is how I picture you once it is all over with. :D

h07095.gif

Congrats on getting such a wonderful looking Lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

YES! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Chin.

I didn't actually carry this one today but I did admire it for a good bit. :D
48237619662_a6bfafcfb0_h.jpg
Ha, Kevin, way back I had a '54 VW, with the split rear window. don't think it had enough HP to get out of it's own way. Only heat was in the summer, defrost was something to scrap the ice off the inside of the windshield! Loved that beetle, one I wish I could have kept!
Thanks for the further info Rachel. Yes, I tend to use a benchstone as well, to thin out the edge at a freehand low angle, then it’s a breeze to resharpen with a few passes on the Sharpmaker from that point on.

My Desert Ironwood 2019 and stag Lefty Lambsfoot were sharpened that way.

qGTnpI3.jpg

My ebony user was originally sharpened like the Hartshead with Sharpmaker only. Here it is getting a ‘spa’ and cleanup before, going into the pocket to accompany me on a walk:

75eJVz0.jpg

Regarding stropping, I find it’s useful to make sure the knife is razor sharp and cleanly deburred (as much as possible anyway) before going to the strop.

I’ve had good success using very thin strops made of leather or balsa (about as wide as a Sharpmaker rod), stuck to the thin sides of a piece of timber, to preserve the tip.

Yes, like you I also tend grind right back into the sharpening choil/cutlers notch, so it becomes like a mini scalloped serration. :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friend. It’s difficult to keep up with every post in this thread, let alone coment on all the posts I’d like to, but just know that I always like seeing your posts here. :)

6y0Q58f.jpg

That sounds very interesting Kevin, I’ll be looking forward to seeing more of that.:cool::thumbsup:

cn7iJeY.jpg

cE1i3ap.jpg
As per above statement, excellent info and photos>
Thank you very much Preston...:):thumbsup:
You're welcome, Jose
182ntx.jpg
That polished lamb is quite easy to look at.
Good day to give a Google translator a workout, I think. :p

Vielen Dank, Harvey. :)

Muchas gracias, Dennis. :)
You've got the lambsfoot look locked in! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Merci beaucoup, FBC (although LamBarJack tells me he's ambivalent about being a laughingstock :rolleyes:). :)
I like multi quotes, but I like photos that can be posted in multithreads even better! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I name my lambsfoots, but I've NEVER been reminded of fictional characters by my knives! :thumbsup::D

Evocative ebony, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: How are you liking your ebony lambsfoot?

Glad you gents had a great time together in Sheffield! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
David, your Hartshead stag Barlow looks stellar; congrats!
Jack, wonderful swag from David, but isn't there a saying something like "Beware Lancastrians bearing gifts"?? ;)

Jack, your stag HHB looks superb from every perspective! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Shukraan jazilaan, Jack. :)

Perspective is everything, Matt! :D:thumbsup:

That blond horn lambsfoot is a looker, Ben! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Cool outdoor vista, Preston! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What are the ungulates in the pic - elk?
I'll bet your stag senator is always in tune!
When I make two consecutive multi quote posts, it's a challenge to tell where the first one ends and the second one starts. :rolleyes:

Vince, stag is very subjective, but I sure admire the pile side of your HHB! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

:thumbsup::p:D

To be fair, I don't understand my wife's artsy/craftsy hobbies at all. :eek::confused::rolleyes:
Nice art work, John, to illustrate that cautionary tale. :thumbsup::cool::D

Congrats on the splendid stag lambsfoot HHB! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cool to see the lambsfoot that started you on the quest, OG! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fantastic fourfold flock, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very handsome stag lambsfoot Hartshead Barlow, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Union Jack again for me:
View attachment 1159461

- GT
Thanks, they are Mule deer, Gary. We do have Whitetail deer in these parts. Only the male/buck have antlers, which they lose in the late fall/early winter. These have their antlers in 'velvet' which will harden and be rubbed off in late summer.
Thank you sir!

Agreed, John. That is all I have worn for about a dozen years now. High quality, long lasting shoe. I typically wear down the sole completely before anything else gives out.

Thanks a lot, Paul!:thumbsup: I hope your thumbs get back to normal soon for you.

That side reminds me of Cases Bonestag, Jeff. I have wondered the same thing and pondered adding Iodine or Betadine for color. Possibly even mixed with Pot. Perm.?

Nice photo there.:thumbsup:

I think you are right Gary in that a little more swell on the pile side aids in a good purchase!
Great shot of Union Jack and LamBarJack.:thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the nice words Dennis! Much appreciated my friend.:thumbsup:

Love that photo, Dennis.:thumbsup:

Very nice, Jose.:thumbsup:

ZuNT59M.jpg
Nice photo of a great pair, Mark

Back