Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So, I was cutting up an empty cereal box this morning on the kitchen counter and my Rosewood Lambsfoot slipped and the tip hit the granite counter breaking a wee bit of the tip-off.:( I'm not really sure how to bring it back pointy again? :confused: I looked in our index for a time but most likely didn't look long enough.
Note: I'm only thinking out loud I'm not starting a discussion. ;):p
i have had the same mishap with my Hartshead Lambsfoot. Looking to make a nice snapshot, the knife fell on the floor and the tip has been torn. I have been really upset because I love this knife. I did my best to put it back straight and resharpened the end of the blade but I'm not happy with the result. The knife is still perfectly efficient but in my mind I know that there has been a problem. Bloody mind and bloody me :mad:

Healthy choice, Ron, and my favorite ironwood of yours! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Union Jack came to me from York, with relish:
relish-pile-closed-jpg.1159530
Thanks Gary! :) I wonder if ole Henry Henderson carried a Lambsfoot? :D

i have had the same mishap with my Hartshead Lambsfoot. Looking to make a nice snapshot, the knife fell on the floor and the tip has been torn. I have been really upset because I love this knife. I did my best to put it back straight and resharpened the end of the blade but I'm not happy with the result. The knife is still perfectly efficient but in my mind I know that there has been a problem. Bloody mind and bloody me :mad:
I know what you're saying, once any of my knives have a flaw they are relegated to a user. :p

Some first-rate photos of the tools and your Sambar Jack. :thumbsup::D

Thanks Dave :) :thumbsup:

Now the circle is complete.

I think we'll be heading over to Sheffield again soon for some photo ops :) :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

I've been chicken eye'n and coon fingerin' my new knife all morning. Just a remarkable piece of craftsmanship. Had they wanted to, GEC could have used this knife to truly display their skills. Like most of their designs, the #93 has a half-stop. GEC could have taken it one step further and given it a clean and square joint. The #23 and #73 patterns have this feature, but it isn't as well executed as it would have been on the lamb foot. Oh what could have been... That one detail would have turned an already great knife into an all-timer!

48257855387_171bff235d_b.jpg

Maybe next time :) Though I think it's amazing that GEC have done ANY knives with clean and square joints :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the Ironwood compliment Jack! :) It looks like you’ve got some new goodies from Charlie! I think you’re going to be pleased my friend! :thumbsup: :D

I sure am Ron :) :thumbsup:

I'm just celebrating with beer and pizza (albeit cheap supermarket pizza unfortunately)! :D :thumbsup:

1fvSqYt.jpg

lf2FvJF.jpg

In the right hands now. Congratulations Jack. Love the old tool. No tool like an old tool.:)

@Fodderwing That’s a bedazzling image of your Lamb, Dwight.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1159520

Thank you buddy :) Fantastic pic :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that Christian :( Let's have a look at it :thumbsup:

Thanks Gary! :) I wonder if ole Henry Henderson carried a Lambsfoot? :D

He must have! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry about the mishap, Chris, but these accidents occasionally happen. I dropped my 2017 buffalo horn Guardians lambsfoot from a window sill 5 feet above a stone patio a couple of years ago. The blade was OK, but there were some nasty wounds to the horn (that was my opinion, anyway, immediately after the drop):
LJ.drop.bolster.closeup.jpg
LJ.drop.butt.closeup.jpg

But now I don't even notice them! :rolleyes:

I know what you're saying, once any of my knives have a flaw they are relegated to a user. :p
Since I have difficulty believing ANY knife (especially the ones I usually buy) is flawless, mine ar ALL users, Dave! :thumbsup::D

I'd relish that knife too. ;)
:) I originally wrote, "Union Jack came to me from York, with some sauce:" but as soon as I posted it, I edited it to "with relish" because of the ambiguity. :thumbsup:;) (By the way, John, I recently read a math novel titled A Certain Ambiguity which I thought was a fantastic title, and I really liked the book, too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Union Jack in his earliest days with me:
lambfoot.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Yes I agree. But there's clean and square and then there's CLEAN and SQUARE! GEC still has some catching up to do.

LOL! :D Well found my friend :) I guess it's a lot of extra work for a knife factory. I asked Wright's about it, they can do it, but it'd COST! :eek: :thumbsup:

Sorry about the mishap, Chris, but these accidents occasionally happen. I dropped my 2017 buffalo horn Guardians lambsfoot from a window sill 5 feet above a stone patio a couple of years ago. The blade was OK, but there were some nasty wounds to the horn (that was my opinion, anyway, immediately after the drop):
View attachment 1159545
View attachment 1159546

But now I don't even notice them! :rolleyes:

Since I have difficulty believing ANY knife (especially the ones I usually buy) is flawless, mine ar ALL users, Dave! :thumbsup::D

:) I originally wrote, "Union Jack came to me from York, with some sauce:" but as soon as I posted it, I edited it to "with relish" because of the ambiguity. :thumbsup:;) (By the way, John, I recently read a math novel titled A Certain Ambiguity which I thought was a fantastic title, and I really liked the book, too. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Union Jack in his earliest days with me:
View attachment 1159551

- GT

I hope Christian's mishap wasn't the curse of the BFO (who I saw this morning)! :eek:

MbhyCb6.jpg

You've captured that wonderful grain well Ron :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic view Ben :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) It actually got better too...:eek:

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

It's not often my pocket knife gets to take part in a historic event! :cool:

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Many thanks, and congratulations Charlie, the knives are superb :) Well done to all concerned, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, particularly after all this time :) :thumbsup:
Finally!!!! Glad the package got to be opened by their Hartshead forbearers, Jack!!! Thanks for showing us! Here's hoping you enjoy them as I do!!

GT I can't purchase a new anything without first using up the old whatever first. :p Which is a problem as I have so many safe queens that were supposed to be users.:rolleyes: Hey, I even have a drawer full of new socks waiting for the old ones to wear out. :D

You've captured that wonderful grain well Ron :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic view Ben :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) It actually got better too...:eek:

f1OWRJH.jpg

bIyKarh.jpg

uUOASs7.jpg

It's not often my pocket knife gets to take part in a historic event! :cool:

zoXbxYe.jpg

Qi6qaib.jpg

7mDn41k.jpg

Many thanks, and congratulations Charlie, the knives are superb :) Well done to all concerned, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, particularly after all this time :) :thumbsup:
Congrats JACK!!!

Back