1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Paul, my friend, I’m so glad you got your beautiful Ebony Lambsfoot back home! :thumbsup: That’s a great story to boot! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) It’s shaping up to be a double Lambsfoot day for me! I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Thanks chaps! It's definately worth been worth the wait.:thumbsup: It's a real meaty piece of metal isn't it and the stag is fantastic especially when I compare it to previous Wright's stag I have.

Thank you I'm sure you will.:D What a fine family you have there. :thumbsup:

And I didn't even have to put up Canadian Customs.:D

What fantastic shots of old compasses. I don't recall ever seeing any in all the antique shops I've been in.

Or even the squirrels! The greys we have round my house would probably grab it to.:D

A great shot of your ironwood there. :thumbsup: They look a bit like partially machined revolver hammers.

What lovely sunny shots of the ironwood there. :thumbsup:

You are the Grillmeister of the Guardians. :D

Oh my word!! They look like the genuine article! :D And they look mighty fine to! The only pork pies I came across in the whole of Australia were in Victoria Market in Melbourne, but that's years ago now!
    Great shot of it.
    That's really interesting about the Greek population in Melbourne.

Now all my knives are users, but I like the blade etch on my Barlow so much I'm thinking of excusing it from aggressive patina forming duties.

Welcome!

pjsjr, Cambertree, TFBraden and 11 others like this.
  3. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  4. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    :thumbsup::eek::D
    [​IMG]

5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you Obb. :thumbsup::D

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  6. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

Mine isn't that bad. Certainly no worse than the large rosewood which although looser than what it was is still something I regard as a bit of a nailbreaker. The thing with the that twin-blade though is that it's a really thick knife for something with just two blades. It's a real tank of a knife but it's the one I carry the least as I just think the pen blade just doesn't add that much to it.

[​IMG]

I've been watching our bird feeder for a couple of years now and I've come to the conclusion birds are cleverer than humans. :D

I always enjoy your libation shots. :)

I'm recovering today as I feel that yesterday at the Wolverhampton 44th Beer Festival I actually drank all the beer...:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which I then washed down with even more beer whilst waiting for the train in the Great Western pub.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone has a great weekend lined up. :cool::thumbsup:

7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Time to break in this one. IMG_0531-1024x846.JPG

8. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Very nice Hartshead.

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  9. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    I think that I'm beginning to see a consensus here....regarding the two-bladed knives that is. As far a the pub scenes are concerned...fabulous!

Cambertree, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  10. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Love the knife and the slip. Can you tell me if A Wright and Son still make that knife with the fluted bolster?

11. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    My two-bladed Wright was a desolating abomination. I modded Old Stubby into a wreck, but it was worse when new.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  12. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    8BA1ABFC-71D1-4943-8CCC-C75CE170DFE8.jpeg Good morning guardians starting the day with a buffalo lambsfoot and a breakfast frittata

13. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning and a good weekend for all the Guardians!:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Good way to start your day!

cigarrodog likes this.
  15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks, Dennis.
    The wood elves are sneaky. ;)

Lol... Clever boy. ;)

Lol... You're on a roll. :D
    Great picture and use of your tin, Dennis. :cool: :thumbsup:

Cambertree, mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thanks for adding to the knowledge and the comparison pictures are helpful. :cool: :thumbsup:

17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Heading to the Bay Area :mad: again.
    Another Band Competition, the last one we get to see this season.
    Their tour is taking them to Southern California for a couple of weeks to wrap up.
    I'll be bringing my Lambsfoot, but it will be spending most of the day locked in the car.

[​IMG]

18. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Road trip!
    [​IMG]

19. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    You're a trooper John. That's a long drive. We took a trip to see Burney Falls a couple of years ago, and I remember thinking half the drive, "Are we there yet?
    "

Cambertree, dc50, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    We are heading to Burney and Mccloud tomorrow .
    Going to spend a few days alone with my wife and my fishing rod. :cool: :thumbsup:

pjsjr, Cambertree, dc50 and 3 others like this.