Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Dwight, it's dark as night, just the way I like it:thumbsup:

BEAUTIFUL Summer night on the deck with Lambfoot, birds (decoy) and cigar;):)
f3tN5V.jpg

yT7fQD.jpg
Paul, my friend, I’m so glad you got your beautiful Ebony Lambsfoot back home! :thumbsup: That’s a great story to boot! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) It’s shaping up to be a double Lambsfoot day for me! I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

48220153551_8d6ebe78c1_b_d.jpg

:D That's a fine looking Hartshead Barlow David!
View attachment 1159611

Congrats on finally getting it in hand. Looks like a wait well worthwhile! :thumbsup:

Hurrah, hurrah the gangs all here! Lovely stag on that side, congrats, David!

Thanks chaps! It's definately worth been worth the wait.:thumbsup: It's a real meaty piece of metal isn't it and the stag is fantastic especially when I compare it to previous Wright's stag I have.

Thank you sir! Glad you were finally united with you HHB.;) I look forward to seeing more of it.
Hope everyone has a stress free day.
eWUAuac.jpg

Thank you I'm sure you will.:D What a fine family you have there. :thumbsup:

Thank you very much David, one of the things I collect, and I said I'd show a few for Dennis @mitch4ging :) Couple more below ;) The crisps were very tasty my friend :) You actually waited longer than Dave dc50 dc50 for your Barlow! :eek: :thumbsup:

And I didn't even have to put up Canadian Customs.:D

What fantastic shots of old compasses. I don't recall ever seeing any in all the antique shops I've been in.

I thought about that, at least something knocking it over.
As I waited patiently inside to snap a picture, I was mumbling, "Don't hurt my knife!" :D

Or even the squirrels! The greys we have round my house would probably grab it to.:D

A great shot of your ironwood there. :thumbsup: They look a bit like partially machined revolver hammers.

So while I catch up on the thread, I'll leave you with these pics of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot in Ironwood! Thank you so much Jack Black Jack Black for this wonderful knife! It's absolutely beautiful. It will be cherished and well used!

mhQoyLL.jpg

9P2emgX.jpg

YWM8LwT.jpg

yeQSm85.jpg

PMwEzi8.jpg

What lovely sunny shots of the ironwood there. :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians
I grill a lot of meat because...

It gives me an excuse to use my Lambsfoot. :D

You are the Grillmeister of the Guardians. :D

David donn donn , I thought you’d like to know I used my Hartshead knyf to kytte up my Ploughman’s brekky, before heading out into the cold and rain this morning:

View attachment 1159782

Yep, those are some real English Pork Pies!

They must have been made with faire buttyes of porke, hewed and ground welle, because I was well impressed - they were very tasty.

View attachment 1159809

Melbourne reputedly has the highest number of Greek speakers of any city in the world outside Greece.

The part of the city I stayed in is apparently a sister city to Sparta.

I found this interesting statue while walking around:

View attachment 1159784
View attachment 1159783

Oh my word!! They look like the genuine article! :D And they look mighty fine to! The only pork pies I came across in the whole of Australia were in Victoria Market in Melbourne, but that's years ago now!
Great shot of it.
That's really interesting about the Greek population in Melbourne.

Thanks, that looks interesting. I'll check it out. Great Lambfoot picture. :thumbsup:

jDgpInx.jpg

I think I see a shadow of patina on the bolster. :)

Now all my knives are users, but I like the blade etch on my Barlow so much I'm thinking of excusing it from aggressive patina forming duties.

Today I received my 1st Lambsfoot (I think) from a forum member. It’s a A Wright & Son and I’m quite happy with it. I look forward to using and carrying it. I have been following this thread and it has peaked my interest in this knife style. I can see why so many are also fans.
View attachment 1160298

Welcome!

I don't have a two blade Lambsfoot, but from what we have been told by Jack and others, the pen blade is an absolute BEAR to get out.

gRCU1bk.jpg

Mine isn't that bad. Certainly no worse than the large rosewood which although looser than what it was is still something I regard as a bit of a nailbreaker. The thing with the that twin-blade though is that it's a really thick knife for something with just two blades. It's a real tank of a knife but it's the one I carry the least as I just think the pen blade just doesn't add that much to it.

x5Wykns.jpg

:p I use him a deterrent so the gold finches won't poop on my railing, they don't sit on my railing anymore, they just accomplish the task by perching on the pergola above:eek:
pjujgX.jpg

I've been watching our bird feeder for a couple of years now and I've come to the conclusion birds are cleverer than humans. :D

Happy Friday, folks. The weekend awaits!

VWvyT3D.jpg

I always enjoy your libation shots. :)

Man, that beer looks good! I must drink more beer!

I'm recovering today as I feel that yesterday at the Wolverhampton 44th Beer Festival I actually drank all the beer...:D
Xs0eodM.jpg

sK6pgP8.jpg

Which I then washed down with even more beer whilst waiting for the train in the Great Western pub.
FK7CzKO.jpg

RhYyVSm.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend lined up. :cool::thumbsup:

gRCU1bk.jpg

Mine isn't that bad. Certainly no worse than the large rosewood which although looser than what it was is still something I regard as a bit of a nailbreaker. The thing with the that twin-blade though is that it's a really thick knife for something with just two blades. It's a real tank of a knife but it's the one I carry the least as I just think the pen blade just doesn't add that much to it.

x5Wykns.jpg

I've been watching our bird feeder for a couple of years now and I've come to the conclusion birds are cleverer than humans. :D

I always enjoy your libation shots. :)

I'm recovering today as I feel that yesterday at the Wolverhampton 44th Beer Festival I actually drank all the beer...:D
Xs0eodM.jpg

sK6pgP8.jpg

Which I then washed down with even more beer whilst waiting for the train in the Great Western pub.
FK7CzKO.jpg

RhYyVSm.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend lined up. :cool::thumbsup:
I think that I'm beginning to see a consensus here....regarding the two-bladed knives that is. As far a the pub scenes are concerned...fabulous!

Here's a knife with a history. I rec'd this from Jack shortly after it's release. I believe I ordered two and one went to Duncan? Relying on my memory is a flawed system:eek:
Anyway, trying to condense, this wonderful Lamb was mine for all of two days, then inadvertently left in my brother's car who lives in WI. So it resided two state east of me. Traveled back with brother several months later, attended a family function and it returned to WI once again!!! :(:mad:
Brother's car is stolen in Marchish? and figured gone for good. Brother actually told me he liked it and asked if he could keep it, I agreed as I have many knives and hoped he'd like a quality knife. This was a ruse to cover up being in his Caddy at the time of the theft:eek:
Figured Caddy was gone for good until a few weeks ago as it turned up in remarkably good shape with the Lamb safely stashed in the car (brother didn't say where in the car)
So, long last it's home (to stay) in like new condition:thumbsup::cool:
I am elated as I love this knife. It's like receiving a new knife in the mail:)
My ebony Gaurdian Lambfoot:thumbsup: I've named a knife before, not many but some, so thought either "Caddy" or "Lucky" seemed appropriate;)
6dslri.jpg

PnYaD3.jpg
Love the knife and the slip. Can you tell me if A Wright and Son still make that knife with the fluted bolster?

Mine isn't that bad. The thing with the that twin-blade though is that it's a really thick knife for something with just two blades. It's a real tank of a knife but it's the one I carry the least as I just think the pen blade just doesn't add that much to it.

x5Wykns.jpg
Thanks for adding to the knowledge and the comparison pictures are helpful. :cool: :thumbsup:

Heading to the Bay Area :mad: again.
Another Band Competition, the last one we get to see this season.
Their tour is taking them to Southern California for a couple of weeks to wrap up.
I'll be bringing my Lambsfoot, but it will be spending most of the day locked in the car.

Heading to the Bay Area :mad: again.
Another Band Competition, the last one we get to see this season.
Their tour is taking them to Southern California for a couple of weeks to wrap up.
I'll be bringing my Lambsfoot, but it will be spending most of the day locked in the car.

You're a trooper John. That's a long drive. We took a trip to see Burney Falls a couple of years ago, and I remember thinking half the drive, "Are we there yet?
"

Back