1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Oh I did put a dab of oil in the joints and no black gunk. Usually if I do this and there is some gunk then I flush them good.

pjsjr, mitch4ging, Ramrodmb and 2 others like this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I don't blame you one bit. :D

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I THINK I almost caught up! Just my PMs and emails, and the rest of The Porch now! :eek:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Herself is away, and so I took myself off to North Yorkshire to check out a few antique shops. After encountering The Most Evil Thing In The Universe in Harrogate, I went for a coffee in my regular Harrogate watering hole. I was hoping for some beans on toast, but when I asked, the new waitress looked at me like I'd asked for the moon, and told me the chef hadn't come in yet o_O Bit of a strange carry-on, but the coffee was good at least :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

I looked around for somewhere else to eat, but Harrogate is one of those swanky North Yorkshire places where people appear not to eat ordinary food :confused:

I headed on to Knaresborough, but it was no better there, and I ended up having to get something to eat in a chain pub :rolleyes: The sausages look better than they tasted! o_O

[​IMG]

I took Charlie Lamb to see the view from the castle before heading back to Leeds :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    To be avoided at all costs Christian! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Prester John and cigarrodog like this.
  5. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    You guys have ruined me. I see lamb feet everywhere! (note the non-parallel edges)

[​IMG]

@5K Qs Here ya go GT. My original post was supposed to be a pun (1 tip + 2 lamb tips). Then I realized I had 3 word tips in the photo. ;)

[​IMG]

6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @mitch4ging Thank you Dennis. Love the patina on the Lambsfoot and the tin it rests in. Have a good weekend.

@Foddering When’s the coffee table book coming out? Great image.

@@Jack Black Thank you Jack. And thank you for sharing your day in images. Very enjoyable.

Good Morning Guardians.

Fodderwing, mitch4ging, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  7. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Not the Porcine Prepper? :eek:

You're scaring me Jack. I have a standing invitation to visit my now British cousin in London, but how can I get from Heathrow to his flat without risking the perils of London's congestion?

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Not easy I'm afraid, timing is essential, and if you need to go into central London I'd recommend the 'tube'. Both @herder and @btb01 have done it in recent years, hopefully without too many problems :thumbsup:

9. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Jack, :thumbsup: At least your breakfast had beans much better than my peanut butter and jam on toast. :p

Prester John, JohnDF and cigarrodog like this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Yes it's true, thank you Dennis...:):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    A very special box Dennis!;):thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dwight! Gorgeous AC my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Gary your Union Jack has some nice grain on its pile side! :) :thumbsup:

That’s a great old knife Jack! :) :thumbsup: I’ve never really thought that I would like an additional blade on my Lambsfoots. To me part of the allure of the pattern is the slim pocket friendly feel they have. :) Of course I’ve been known to be totin more than one knife on occasion! ;) :D

Thanks my friend! :) :thumbsup:

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Oh, it was lunchtime by the time I got that Dave :eek: Fortunately I had some marmalade on sourdough toast before heading out ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) Yes, I agree. I'd rather have a secondary knife than a secondary blade! :D ;) :thumbsup:

15. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    One tremendous photo Taylor. :thumbsup::D

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    +1 :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
  18. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Outstanding Photo Jack.:thumbsup::cool:

19. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Is it just me, it seems I have more success sharpening my Lambsfoot on ceramic stones over diamond? :confused:

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Many thanks Dave :) I prefer ceramic stones over diamond, try to use the latter as little as possible :thumbsup: