Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

You should probably still clean out the joint. I've yet to meet the factory produced slipjoint that wasn't improved with a good cleaning. Mine had excellent walk and talk as well, but there was still a fair amount of gunk in the joint.

48257140976_40a89aa239_b.jpg
Oh I did put a dab of oil in the joints and no black gunk. Usually if I do this and there is some gunk then I flush them good.

I THINK I almost caught up! Just my PMs and emails, and the rest of The Porch now! :eek:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Herself is away, and so I took myself off to North Yorkshire to check out a few antique shops. After encountering The Most Evil Thing In The Universe in Harrogate, I went for a coffee in my regular Harrogate watering hole. I was hoping for some beans on toast, but when I asked, the new waitress looked at me like I'd asked for the moon, and told me the chef hadn't come in yet o_O Bit of a strange carry-on, but the coffee was good at least :thumbsup:

C6NA8qq.jpg

I looked around for somewhere else to eat, but Harrogate is one of those swanky North Yorkshire places where people appear not to eat ordinary food :confused:

I headed on to Knaresborough, but it was no better there, and I ended up having to get something to eat in a chain pub :rolleyes: The sausages look better than they tasted! o_O

1rgWRUC.jpg

I took Charlie Lamb to see the view from the castle before heading back to Leeds :thumbsup:

dJl22V3.jpg

After encountering The Most Evil Thing In The Universe in Harrogate...

Not the Porcine Prepper? :eek:

To be avoided at all costs Christian! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

You're scaring me Jack. I have a standing invitation to visit my now British cousin in London, but how can I get from Heathrow to his flat without risking the perils of London's congestion?

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack. And thank you for sharing your day in images. Very enjoyable.

Good Morning Guardians.

Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Not the Porcine Prepper? :eek:

You're scaring me Jack. I have a standing invitation to visit my now British cousin in London, but how can I get from Heathrow to his flat without risking the perils of London's congestion?

LOL! :D Not easy I'm afraid, timing is essential, and if you need to go into central London I'd recommend the 'tube'. Both @herder and @btb01 have done it in recent years, hopefully without too many problems :thumbsup:

Gorgeous pair Ron.

img_9394-jpeg.1160621
Thanks Dwight! Gorgeous AC my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Here's a recent pic of Union Jack:
uj-pile-vopen-garden-post-jpg.1160622
Gary your Union Jack has some nice grain on its pile side! :) :thumbsup:

They can be sweetened up Rachel, but I think the pen is probably a more useful addition to a Big 'Un, like this William Rodgers Charlie gifted me some years back :) :thumbsup:

OF9woxS.jpg
That’s a great old knife Jack! :) :thumbsup: I’ve never really thought that I would like an additional blade on my Lambsfoots. To me part of the allure of the pattern is the slim pocket friendly feel they have. :) Of course I’ve been known to be totin more than one knife on occasion! ;) :D

The best kind of day! :D Stunning pic Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, :thumbsup: At least your breakfast had beans much better than my peanut butter and jam on toast. :p

Oh, it was lunchtime by the time I got that Dave :eek: Fortunately I had some marmalade on sourdough toast before heading out ;) :D :thumbsup:

That’s a great old knife Jack! :) :thumbsup: I’ve never really thought that I would like an additional blade on my Lambsfoots. To me part of the allure of the pattern is the slim pocket friendly feel they have. :) Of course I’ve been known to be totin more than one knife on occasion! ;) :D

Thanks my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) Yes, I agree. I'd rather have a secondary knife than a secondary blade! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back