Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Makes sense.

3BkgdCh.jpg

I love the way the steel on that knife has aged. When I finally pluck up the courage to use my WC lamb foot I hope it looks that good.

Good afternoon, folks.

I have had to reevaluate how I approach this thread. With the steaming locomotive that this discussion/community has become, I have had to resign myself to mostly lurking. Those of you who have the time and stamina to quote everyone and offer kind words, you have my respect and gratitude, I honestly do not know how you do it. With that said, if I have missed anything that has been directed towards me, you all have my apologies. I have mostly skimmed over the quote posts, spent more time on the history and picture posts, and used the "like" button somewhat liberally.

Rather than drop in with a picture now and then, I thought I might use my limited time to make my posts here a bit more meaningful. Taking a page out of Chin's book, so to speak.

The past several days has seen me with a Waynorth Lamb Foot in my pocket. If any of you recall, I was having some trouble deciding which variant I wanted to make a regular user out of. Ebony is among my very favorite cover materials, it rates up there with good red bone and excellent Stag. However, I have found that with a fine wood clad knife, I am less inclined to toss it in my pocket without some sort of slip. Bone and Stag are materials that, for whatever reason, seem to instill a bit more confidence when it comes to their surface durability. I know that this is perhaps largely in my head but it is this line of thinking that has led me to choose the Jigged Bone version of Charlie's Lamb Foot as my regular user.

With that decision out of the way, I look forward to how the patina will begin to progress. I am a big fan of steel bolsters and liners and am looking forward to how they darken with use and such.

Today began pretty much in the same manner it always begins - with copious amounts of good black coffee. It is in the middle of July and we are experiencing unseasonably cool and wet weather. I am not complaining... I hate the heat.

UPlD2oq.jpg

I mentioned some time ago that I was tending a garden. It continues to grow - and grow - and grow... With my morning coffee, I tend to go inspect the plants, make sure the bugs aren't taking too much of a toll (I don't use chemical pesticides), and pull a few of the larger weeds that might have encroached since the day prior. I haven't tended a garden since I was a kid so it has been very rewarding to see these plants flourish.

NjGZK5C.jpg

I LOVE fresh tomatoes and I am looking forward to these more than any of the other produce, which includes peppers, zucchini, squash, beans, cucumbers, and cilantro (already harvested). Some people are put off by the smell of tomato plants. I absolutely love it. It is fresh, invigorating, and gives promise of wonderful fruit.

5BDFANY.jpg

jrnxH7I.jpg

bLw0wau.jpg

The beans are the first to be ready, followed closely by the squash and zucchini. All are wonderful in just about anything from stir fries to stews, to grilling, etc.

1ZAgh5r.jpg

Phoenix sneaked in on that first pic...

df2b2HO.jpg

My first bounty!

LUtvfFk.jpg

Followed by more coffee and a snack. The blade length is superbly useful for apples on this Waynorth.

0sf5Iym.jpg

wIIzWBv.jpg

I hope you all are having a terrific Monday so far! Not much to complain about on my end, it has been a particularly pleasant morning.

Good afternoon, folks.

I have had to reevaluate how I approach this thread. With the steaming locomotive that this discussion/community has become, I have had to resign myself to mostly lurking. Those of you who have the time and stamina to quote everyone and offer kind words, you have my respect and gratitude, I honestly do not know how you do it. With that said, if I have missed anything that has been directed towards me, you all have my apologies. I have mostly skimmed over the quote posts, spent more time on the history and picture posts, and used the "like" button somewhat liberally.

Rather than drop in with a picture now and then, I thought I might use my limited time to make my posts here a bit more meaningful. Taking a page out of Chin's book, so to speak.

The past several days has seen me with a Waynorth Lamb Foot in my pocket. If any of you recall, I was having some trouble deciding which variant I wanted to make a regular user out of. Ebony is among my very favorite cover materials, it rates up there with good red bone and excellent Stag. However, I have found that with a fine wood clad knife, I am less inclined to toss it in my pocket without some sort of slip. Bone and Stag are materials that, for whatever reason, seem to instill a bit more confidence when it comes to their surface durability. I know that this is perhaps largely in my head but it is this line of thinking that has led me to choose the Jigged Bone version of Charlie's Lamb Foot as my regular user.

With that decision out of the way, I look forward to how the patina will begin to progress. I am a big fan of steel bolsters and liners and am looking forward to how they darken with use and such.

Today began pretty much in the same manner it always begins - with copious amounts of good black coffee. It is in the middle of July and we are experiencing unseasonably cool and wet weather. I am not complaining... I hate the heat.

UPlD2oq.jpg

I mentioned some time ago that I was tending a garden. It continues to grow - and grow - and grow... With my morning coffee, I tend to go inspect the plants, make sure the bugs aren't taking too much of a toll (I don't use chemical pesticides), and pull a few of the larger weeds that might have encroached since the day prior. I haven't tended a garden since I was a kid so it has been very rewarding to see these plants flourish.

NjGZK5C.jpg

I LOVE fresh tomatoes and I am looking forward to these more than any of the other produce, which includes peppers, zucchini, squash, beans, cucumbers, and cilantro (already harvested). Some people are put off by the smell of tomato plants. I absolutely love it. It is fresh, invigorating, and gives promise of wonderful fruit.

5BDFANY.jpg

jrnxH7I.jpg

bLw0wau.jpg

The beans are the first to be ready, followed closely by the squash and zucchini. All are wonderful in just about anything from stir fries to stews, to grilling, etc.

1ZAgh5r.jpg

df2b2HO.jpg

My first bounty!

LUtvfFk.jpg

Followed by more coffee and a snack. The blade length is superbly useful for apples on this Waynorth.

0sf5Iym.jpg

wIIzWBv.jpg

I hope you all are having a terrific Monday so far! Not much to complain about on my end, it has been a particularly pleasant morning.

A most enjoyable post Dylan, looks like you've got green fingers (as we say here) :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. I am liking my Hartshead very much. Such a great knife and it can be used for just about everything. My kind of tool.

That's great to hear Bill :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black Sorry about that. I can clearly see that the moments spent with the TEW, were memorable ones.

Taking this photo was certainly memorable Harvey, I had to sneak through a gate onto a private parking lot, jog across the lot, scramble up a steep bank, and pull myself up on a fence in order to get a shot opposite the TEW works! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

1GT8mXI.jpg

Once again I have fallen behind, I will try to catch up a bit later but if I don't reply to a comment please know that it is not that I don't appreciate your comments, I am just having a hard time keeping up right now.
Hope everyone's week has started off on the good foot.

BEEP BEEP
48286109031_a500ed096c_k.jpg

:D

[QUOTE="Pàdruig, post: 19136056, member: 465991"

UPlD2oq.jpg

NjGZK5C.jpg

5BDFANY.jpg

jrnxH7I.jpg

bLw0wau.jpg

1ZAgh5r.jpg

df2b2HO.jpg

My first bounty!

LUtvfFk.jpg

0sf5Iym.jpg

wIIzWBv.jpg

I hope you all are having a terrific Monday so far! Not much to complain about on my end, it has been a particularly pleasant morning.[/QUOTE]
Gratifying read Dylan I like your (and Chin's) format!! I too can't cover the number of posts fast enough and appreciate the meaningful tales you have posted. I felt like I toured your garden!!
Happy patinas ahead!!

Makes sense.

I love the way the steel on that knife has aged. When I finally pluck up the courage to use my WC lamb foot I hope it looks that good.
Just an FYI; I can't see any of the words in your post. When someone quotes your text, I can see a little bit of faint shadows of the lettering, but can't make out the actual words.
I am using the Dark format as it is MUCH easier on the eyes. Take as you will.:thumbsup:

Edit: add pic ;)
3kWCivG.jpg

Last edited:
Taking this photo was certainly memorable Harvey, I had to sneak through a gate onto a private parking lot, jog across the lot, scramble up a steep bank, and pull myself up on a fence in order to get a shot opposite the TEW works! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

1GT8mXI.jpg
Lol, this gave me a good laugh, Jack! Anything to get "that picture", right? That is such a great picture, so all your trouble was quite worth it to me! :thumbsup::D

Once again I have fallen behind, I will try to catch up a bit later but if I don't reply to a comment please know that it is not that I don't appreciate your comments, I am just having a hard time keeping up right now.

BEEP BEEP

Good to see you here Kevin, you have surpassed yourself with that pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Lol, this gave me a good laugh, Jack! Anything to get "that picture", right? That is such a great picture, so all your trouble was quite worth it to me! :thumbsup::D

Thanks buddy, I'd gone all the way over to Sheffield, so I wasn't going to miss the shot! :D :thumbsup:

Just an FYI; I can't see any of the words in your post. When someone quotes your text, I can see a little bit of faint shadows of the lettering, but can't make out the actual words.
I am using the Dark format as it is MUCH easier on the eyes. Take as you will.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up. You're the first one to mention that though. o_O

Good afternoon, folks.

UPlD2oq.jpg

NjGZK5C.jpg

5BDFANY.jpg

jrnxH7I.jpg

bLw0wau.jpg

1ZAgh5r.jpg

df2b2HO.jpg

My first bounty!

LUtvfFk.jpg

0sf5Iym.jpg

wIIzWBv.jpg

A super high quality post, Dylan. :cool::thumbsup:

That was worth the trouble... Thanks, Jack. :)

BEEP BEEP

I absolutely love that picture, it's awesome!

Back