Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm with Jack though. But then again, I vastly prefer single blade knives for both carry and actual use. Should I need a choice between different blades, I simply take that as an opportunity to carry multiple knives. :thumbsup:

I think there's a reason that the vast majority of Lambsfoot knives have just a single blade - it works best :thumbsup:

I reckon I do too!

Great post, Dylan. Everything looks good (except for the fungi! :eek:).

LOL! :D :thumbsup: You should see the fungi I brought home with me today! :eek: :D

LSySWTn.jpg

It's not getting eaten though, it's as hard as rock! :eek:

Jack, you are correct about the single blade my friend. When i spoke to farmers as a kid they said it was just a good all round working knife, that was easy to keep sharp. They only wanted a single blade sturdy knife. They were not interested in looks or collecting, they just wanted a simple working knife, they only needed a single blade work knife. Have a good day mate.:confused:

I think there's a reason that the vast majority of Lambsfoot knives have just a single blade - it works best :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup: You should see the fungi I brought home with me today! :eek: :D

LSySWTn.jpg

It's not getting eaten though, it's as hard as rock! :eek:
Well, when I make my Spam and peanut butter sandwich, there will be no mushrooms in it! I'll use the rosewood lamb and post pics. May be this weekend. Going out for Greek food tonight. Opa!

Jack, you are correct about the single blade my friend. When i spoke to farmers as a kid they said it was just a good all round working knife, that was easy to keep sharp. They only wanted a single blade sturdy knife. They were not interested in looks or collecting, they just wanted a simple working knife, they only needed a single blade work knife. Have a good day mate.:confused:

That's interesting to hear my friend, I think it's the same here, it's farmers, and other ordinary working men, who have kept this pattern alive :) :thumbsup:

She's a beauty Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Charlie, your Lambsfoot is very photogenic :) :thumbsup:

MPj4QWX.jpg
They are indeed photogenic my friend! :thumbsup:

Quite some time ago, some of you might recall that I decided to undertake the making of a "proper" chip butty. It was an interesting experience and I replicated it on a number of occasions afterwards. I haven't made one for quite some time though, as I've been trying to cut back on my gross carb intake (beer doesn't count :p).

Well, inspired by Greg's chicken processing and the wonderful performance of the Waynorth jigged at simply cutting up an apple, I decided to make a chip butty for breakfast this morning. However, this time, I was going to put my own spin on it. It definitely will not be a traditional chip butty but it will certainly be inspired by one. Of course, a Lambsfoot will be responsible for all of the food prep.

First, like always, we kick things off with some strong coffee.

5Av0xtS.jpg

Since the potatoes take the longest to cook, I prepped them first. A couple of things to note here: Not only does the length of the Waynorth Lambsfoot facilitate easy processing of the potatoes, the thin blade just sails through them. I made short work of these red potatoes (these are a household staple), cutting them up in slices that would lay flat on bread.

7ZBVeJd.jpg

Here is the beginning of my own "spin". I cut up a number of veggies, including the squash and zucchini that I harvested from my garden, setting them aside for now until the potatoes had progressed a bit more. The knife sailed through all of the veggies. The mushrooms posed a bit of a problem in that they had a tendency to stick to the blade.

iIidoOr.jpg

After the potatoes and veggies were finished, I toasted some bread, grated some extra sharp white cheddar (made right here in Oregon), and brought out a number of appropriate condiments.

115e7C7.jpg

Breakfast is served! An open faced chip butty with fresh cooked veggies, spices, extra sharp white cheddar. Topped with a couple of sunny side up eggs and a few liberal dashes of Henderson's. Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. The Lambsfoot performed its tasks admirably, it is a slicing machine!

ETwSj5J.jpg
Now you’ve done it Dylan! :eek: You made me hungry! ;) Great photos! :thumbsup:

Enjoy-opa! And i expect a full report on the sandwich!!! It sounds a bit dubious to me,:poop: but i will bow to your better judgement.:thumbsup:
Well, when I make my Spam and peanut butter sandwich, there will be no mushrooms in it! I'll use the rosewood lamb and post pics. May be this weekend. Going out for Greek food tonight. Opa!

Looking forward to seeing that Vince :) Will you be eating off plastic plates tonight? ;) :D :thumbsup:
I don't know. It's a small restaurant called Eirinis Gyros and More. When I ate there last I had a Greek burger, which was delicious. Only spinach and feta cheese and a large beef patty. I think it may have been served in a basket. On Tuesdays, they have pastitsio and moussaka (not sure of the spelling), which my wife loves. She picked up a bottle of retsina wine--they don't serve beer or wine, but we can bring our own.

Spam and lamb content:
42um1Gv.jpg

h8JpopE.jpg

I don't know. It's a small restaurant called Eirinis Gyros and More. When I ate there last I had a Greek burger, which was delicious. Only spinach and feta cheese and a large beef patty. I think it may have been served in a basket. On Tuesdays, they have pastitsio and moussaka (not sure of the spelling), which my wife loves. She picked up a bottle of retsina wine--they don't serve beer or wine, but we can bring our own.

Spam and lamb content:
42um1Gv.jpg

h8JpopE.jpg

No smashing the baskets then ;) I also like Greek food, though I'm not a fan of Retsina. Hope you have a lovely evening Vince :) :thumbsup:

Don't know why I said I'd eat it; may have had a few beers at the time, but I am a man of my word!

LOL! How bad can it be?! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Another pic from my hike today :thumbsup:

z4c95yP.jpg

No smashing the baskets then ;) I also like Greek food, though I'm not a fan of Retsina. Hope you have a lovely evening Vince :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. Maybe I can smash the retsina wine bottle? Retsina tastes SO much better than IPA! ;)
LOL! How bad can it be?! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
When I first drank buttermilk, I figured I'd like it because I love butter and I love milk. It tasted like neither. This should turn out better. :)
Another pic from my hike today :thumbsup:
Nice pic. You've got a lot of rivers there in England!

Thanks, Jack. Maybe I can smash the retsina wine bottle? Retsina tastes SO much better than IPA! ;)

When I first drank buttermilk, I figured I'd like it because I love butter and I love milk. It tasted like neither. This should turn out better. :)

Nice pic. You've got a lot of rivers there in England!

Yeah, on the way to the restaurant! :D ;) Yes, I now what you mean, are you thinking of frying the spam first? Thanks my friend, yeah we're overrun with them! :D Most of our rivers are pretty small though, smaller than your 'creek', that one is the River Wharfe :thumbsup:

Yeah, on the way to the restaurant! :D ;) Yes, I now what you mean, are you thinking of frying the spam first? Thanks my friend, yeah we're overrun with them! :D Most of our rivers are pretty small though, smaller than your 'creek', that one is the River Wharfe :thumbsup:
I will fry two slices of Spam. Gotta get some good white bread. Then will spread the peanut butter on another slice of bread, and put the slices together and cut the sandwich in half. My mouth is watering! Well, on my way home to pick up my wife and daughter (and retsina!), and then to dinner!

I will fry two slices of Spam. Gotta get some good white bread. Then will spread the peanut butter on another slice of bread, and put the slices together and cut the sandwich in half. My mouth is watering! Well, on my way home to pick up my wife and daughter (and retsina!), and then to dinner!

Have a great meal and a lovely time Vince :) :thumbsup:

Jw8xZyA.jpg

Are you going to add any condiments, eg. some sort of sauce or relish ?

I thought of adding maybe some strawberry jam and Tabasco sauce, but I think I will keep it simple. ;)
I can wear the Tabasco sauce. DON"T know about the strawberry jam though.:eek:. We can get a little thread going here. Tips on how to cook a spam and peanut butter sandwich. o_O. See what you have started. The strong liqueur claims another victim!!!;)

I can wear the Tabasco sauce. DON"T know about the strawberry jam though.:eek:. We can get a little thread going here. Tips on how to cook a spam and peanut butter sandwich. o_O. See what you have started. The strong liqueur claims another victim!!!;)

That'll have to be another thread ;) :thumbsup:

Going to carry some stag tomorrow :thumbsup:

R5rqtfM.jpg

Your knives sure are well traveled. :thumbsup:

So were not so keen on the twin-bladed lambsfoot. But this one with the synthetic covers is definitely useful for when your messing about with cars and brake fluid. :thumbsup:
OvzszAi.jpg
Have to spread the word of the Lamsfoot! :D

Hook 'em, Horn! ;) Great horn on that lambsfoot, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, GT, it's my fancy Saturday knife.
Nice pic of Valley Jack. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love that picture, it's awesome!

Good to see you here Kevin, you have surpassed yourself with that pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack and John. My neighbors might think I am a bit crazzzzy.... That's ok because I am. :D

Hi Guardians, hope everyone is having a good day :) 7.30pm here, and I've not been back home long after what actually turned out to be a pretty good hike :) The weather has been great too :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd post a few pics before I try to catch up :thumbsup:

XRtTBx6.jpg

ZGpRy1g.jpg

GpSvPpf.jpg

yYjKuze.jpg

semPWoe.jpg

lHfkhlW.jpg

foongQF.jpg

oD39UCE.jpg
Thanks for the wonderful pics, it looks like you had a wonderful day. :thumbsup:

I haven't snapped a Lambsfoot pic today so here is one from the archives.
36155788012_b62317cc08_h.jpg

Back