Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Still....how relaxing, John! Good for you. I enjoy fishing for Crappie with ultralight gear, just fun fishing. Of course these days I mostly do catch and release.
Thanks, Dennis.
You definitely understand that little fish can be almost as fun as big fish.
It's all about getting out into nature, the fishing is a bonus, and the catching is an extra bonus.

That sounds like a perfect time John, those are just the sort of breaks I love :)
Thank you, Jack. :)
It's nice to feel relaxed after a vacation.
Sometimes we do so much, we need a vacation after a vacation.

You did a fantastic job John :thumbsup: I love your souvenir compass, great pics :) :thumbsup:
I couldn't allow myself to fall too far behind. :)
The cheap little compass reminded me of the kind of souvenir I would have picked up as a kid.
We were always scouring the gift shops for cheap knives, compasses, flashlights, or anything we could afford.

Last edited:
Mine for the next couple of days...
xsLJr0y.jpg

Night, all!
Great picture, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:
Is that the bell off your bull rope?

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :) :thumbsup:
vabbvbL.jpg

x3O6cmF.jpg
Good Morning, Jack.
Very Stagalicious pictures. :cool::thumbsup:

Love the color of your stag. :cool::thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup:
Good things come in threes!;)

Thanks Dennis. Yes they do. ;)

Those are my three most frequent carries. The buffalo horn one on the left is “my knife”—echoing something Chin once said about his ebony—and gets the lion’s share of carry, and, therefore, work. The rosewood on the right kinda snuck up on me. Sometimes its lighter weight and different feel in hand suits my mood. The Hartshead in front, well, it’s a cool knife that I already can tell will be an important member of the totin’ trio.

Today, I’m being predictable and going with the horn:

8Y0ruLRh.jpg

Happy Wednesday, Guardians. I hope folks are having a good week and that the weekend that’s starting to pop up over the horizon promises good things.

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians, Back in our yard doing a myriad of chores with my trust friend Hartshead. Going to start off early today before it gets too hot here in coastal southern NC.
View attachment 1162769

58446FEB-0CBC-43B6-ACD0-1FB8EC220F33_zpsiq33rmv5.jpeg

Nice to see your trusty Barlow Bill :) :thumbsup:

It's all about getting out into nature, the fishing is a bonus, and the catching is an extra bonus.

Thank you, Jack. :)
It's nice to feel relaxed after a vacation.
Sometimes we do so much, we need a vacation after a vacation.

I couldn't allow myself to fall too far behind. :)
The cheap little compass reminded me of the kind of souvenir I would have picked up as a kid.
We were always scouring the gift shops for cheap knives, compasses, flashlights, or anything we could afford.

I'd definitely agree with that John :)

I've had a few vacations like that John! :D

Yes, I remember buying compasses like that as a kid too :) When I first started going out hiking I was about seven years old, and I had a compass like that and a map which would have been about 10 miles to the inch! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning, Jack.
Very Stagalicious pictures. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
I enjoyed carrying and using the Hartshead, but it's back to the favorite child today...

Looking good John :) :thumbsup:

Outstanding Stag Dwight! :thumbsup: :D And, a great photo as usual! ;) :thumbsup:

Missed a few pages while I was hand-stitching this hat, but I think it was worth it!

pULBfSb.jpg

Okay, I didn't hand-stitch the hat.
That looks great Barry! :thumbsup: :D

Very NICE Barry:thumbsup:
Again today:thumbsup:
PyxH0r.jpg

and this FACE!!!
6qiw2v.jpg
That Lambsfoot is nice to use and behold. That face, we’ll that face will melt your heart. That face will be devoted to and love you through thick and thin! They will both be a lifelong companion. :D

Well it's certainly worth reposting, Ron!:):thumbsup:

Mine for the next couple of days...
xsLJr0y.jpg
Thanks for the compliment Dennis! That’s a great photo of your Stag Hartshead Barlow! :thumbsup: :)

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :) :thumbsup:

vabbvbL.jpg

x3O6cmF.jpg
Jack it looks like you’re traveling in good company today! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are off to a great day! I’m carrying my Ebony Waynorth Lambsfoot today! It’s black as midnight and buttery smooth! :D

48306835311_4bdf9af5ef_b_d.jpg

Yes, I remember buying compasses like that as a kid too :) When I first started going out hiking I was about seven years old, and I had a compass like that and a map which would have been about 10 miles to the inch! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
Such great memories. :cool::thumbsup:

The definition of an elegant work knife. :)

Good morning, Guardians!
e9jhiBk.jpg
Great picture, Vince.

Have a great day too, Dwight. :)

I'm sitting outside, pondering the knife in my hand...
Why is this knife my favorite? I currently own about 30 knives, and HAVE owned a hundred more... Why this one?

A gift from Jack... Strong pulls... butter-smooth action... replace-ability makes me not afraid to use it (I have backups)... African Rosewood makes it kind of unique... straight blade is easy to sharpen... easy to strop back up... gigantic nail mark is easy to locate... size is perfect for hand and pocket... shape fills the hand... slim enough for the watch pocket... 'snap' is ridiculous... wonderful fidget toy... won't close on you by accident... blade perfectly centered... satin blade wears well and continues to look good... perfect blade shape for opening packages... cutting food... carving sticks... fine tip control... unique blade shape makes people ask about it... fit and finish are not perfect but definitely above average... takes a lot of abuse and shrugs it all off... earning its keep... it's unique in my little world... it looks like a hard use knife, not a safe queen... a gift from Jack...

Last edited:
Your knife is showing some real character Greg :) :thumbsup:

This patina gives it a special look Greg!;):thumbsup:

Thank you, Gentlemen. It's character that has been revealed through a lot of pocket time and honest work.

I'm sitting outside, pondering the knife in my hand...
Why is this knife my favorite? I currently own about 30 knives, and HAVE owned a hundred more... Why this one?

A gift from Jack... Strong pulls... butter-smooth action... cheaper price tag makes me not afraid to use it... African Rosewood makes it kind of unique... straight blade is easy to sharpen... easy to strop back up... gigantic nail mark is easy to locate... size is perfect for hand and pocket... shape fills the hand... slim enough for the watch pocket... 'snap' is ridiculous... wonderful fidget toy... won't close on you by accident... blade perfectly centered... satin blade wears well and continues to look good... perfect blade shape for opening packages... cutting food... carving sticks... fine tip control... unique blade shape makes people wonder about it... fit and finish are not perfect but definitely above average... earning its keep... it's unique in my world... a gift from Jack...

Great musings! Thanks for letting us into your thoughts as you ponder the question.

I'd humbly venture that it's not just those things, but also the way they ineffably come together in this particular knife that make it resonate so much with you. Whatever it is, I'm glad you've found one that works so well for you.

Totin my Ironwood Damascus today. :)
47643050672_83ef7a2af8_b.jpg
With recycled pics like that, who needs new ones! :cool:

Great post, Dylan. Thanks for taking us on the breakfast journey, that looks so good! :thumbsup:

You should see the fungi I brought home with me today! :eek: :D

LSySWTn.jpg

It's not getting eaten though, it's as hard as rock! :eek:
:D Great pic, Jack!

Classy pic of a couple great knives! :thumbsup:

LMAO! :D

Great musings! Thanks for letting us into your thoughts as you ponder the question.

I'd humbly venture that it's not just those things, but also the way they ineffably come together in this particular knife that make it resonate so much with you. Whatever it is, I'm glad you've found one that works so well for you.
Thank you, Greg. You are correct, it's all those things creating the perfect storm. :)

Back