1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Great knife. Got mine as a gift from Taylor in Jack's last GAW. One of my favorites, and maybe my most used of four lambsfoots. Real easy to hold and use.

2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    So true. It's very slim next to my Ironwood and downright skinny next to my stag. :D

3. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I didn't visit this thread Monday and most of Tuesday (at least not to read new posts), so of course I fell behind. But worse, I've kind of "lost the thread" of various ongoing conversations/discussions here, so that when I simply tried to pick up where I left off, many posts seemed somewhat meaning less to me because I had no context. Live and learn! :rolleyes:
    So I've gone to my default desperate catch-up strategy of trying to limit myself to responding to or commenting on one post per page as much as possible.

Dennis, as a veteran multi quoter, I'm incredibly impressed by how many posts you can quote in a single message! I always seem to overshoot the 10K characters/post limit with my multi quotes. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    I also liked the catch-up strategy you described, and may have to try that out myself sometime (although I'll probably stubbornly stick to my personal rule to never use the Like button :rolleyes:).

Cool photo, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Always a treat to see your scarred blond horn lambsfoot.

Splendid sunny pic of your superbly-grained ironwood lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Love the light in that 2019 Guardians shot, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OK, I'm going to collect together a bunch of shots of the Waynorth jigged bone lambsfoot here! :eek::rolleyes::D
    End of today's installment.

Thanks for sharing some of your sharpening opinions and experiences, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Dylan, thanks for sharing your plans about how you intend to handle the heavy traffic in this thread, for telling us how you came to make the jigged bone Waynorth Cutlery lambsfoot your regular user, and for answering the question, "Dylan, how does your garden grow?" ;):thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cool photo, FBC, and I'm sure your stag HHB is securely lashed to the car, but you really ought to invest in one of those lambsfoot roof racks! :thumbsup::D:D

That looks like a champ, Ben! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It's working, Vince! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the interesting and detailed report, Greg. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm not an experienced chicken butcher, so I found the report intriguing and informative (although I did NOT buy any whole chickens when I got groceries this morning :rolleyes:). I'm not responding in real time, so you may have answered this already, but which lambsfoot did you use?

Lambsfoot knives bring a lot of vivid color into our lives, don't they? ;):cool::cool:

Looking forward to hearing the results of your PB & Spam experiment, Vince! ;):thumbsup::cool: FWIW, I like onions, mustard, and pepper rings with Spam, and I like honey, jam, and/or bananas with peanut butter. I'd recommend any or all of those as condiments for your experiment!

Yesterday, Valley Jack showed off the pile side for which he's named; today it's mark side's turn (looks better than I remember :eek::D:thumbsup:):
    VJ.mark.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    peanutsxx, donn, Pàdruig and 22 others like this.
  4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @mitch4ging Thank you Dennis. Your Sambar HH Barlow is a future classic vintage Lambsfoot. Fits right in with the other vintage objects.

@Jack Black - Jack, you must get so tired of being surrounded by all that Heaven on Earth beautiful surroundings...Not:)... Then add your sweet Barlow. Perfect.

Good Morning Guardians.
    [​IMG]

donn, Pàdruig, mitch4ging and 20 others like this.
  5. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    That all sounds good to me, Gary, but this first (last?) Spam & PB sandwich will have nothing added, although I will fry the Spam in butter. It will probably be on Sunday. Thinking of making bouillabaise on Saturday.
    Lovely pic of the ironwood.

Here's one of mine:
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 19 others like this.
  6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Jack Black and Prester John like this.
  7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Harvey. I'm very pleased with it.

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  8. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, GT. You're the first to ask: it was my trusty buffalo horn lambsfoot. I'd originally thought of using my rosewood, since it happened to be in my pocket, but the handles are porous and I thought better of it for sanitary reasons. Fortunately the buffalo horn one is always ready, willing, and able to be put work. It was treated to a spa treatment afterwards: a good thorough cleaning, conditioning of the horn with my homemade mineral oil and beeswax wood balm, and oiling of the joint. It's about due for a touch of up the edge, but that'll come at another time.

That's a great picture of Valley Jack!

9. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Before you decide which knife is your favorite @JohnDF, ya maybe oughta be sitting on your front porch waiting for the mail man.:rolleyes:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  10. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    [​IMG]

My other three: The REAL LAMBFOOT standard-bearers.

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 18 others like this.
  11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you! :)

cigarrodog and akaMatt like this.
  12. glennbad

glennbad Knife Moddin' Fool Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 13, 2003
    You folks are quite the enablers, aren't you? These just in...

Lambfeet.jpg

Not sure I'll keep the composite covers forever, but they are a nice addition to my tiny flock. This is quite addicting!

peanutsxx, donn, mitch4ging and 22 others like this.
  13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yep! ;) No doubt you have been bitten! :thumbsup::)

14. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Ha Ha!!!:D I have way more Lambsfoot knives than I ever thought I'd have!!!:)

15. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Me too. :eek:

16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I reckon so buddy, as are you :) :thumbsup:

Nice choice Vince ;) :thumbsup:

You too Dwight, fantastic pic :thumbsup:

A pleasure my friend, that's a great appreciation of your humble rosewood Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you put it straight to use :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

There's a lot to be said for those rosewood knives I think :) :thumbsup:

Always a pleasure to read your posts Gary :) Thanks for the kind words, I'm afraid I have no great knowledge when it comes to sharpening. That's a fine pic of your Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

I don't think I'd get tired of living near your local bakery Harvey! :D That photo has my mouth watering! :D :thumbsup:

You're a purist Vince :D :thumbsup: Smashing pic of your '19 my friend :) :thumbsup:

Another terrific thressome Greg :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice finds Glenn, I'm sure you'll make them look amazing :) :thumbsup:

17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    You must have a lot Charlie :) :thumbsup:

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    We need to change your name to "Randy". ;)

SWEET picture. :D

I'm sitting on the porch. I've ran and extension cord to my computer, my wife is bringing me meals as I refuse to come inside... :D

Nice additions. I'm sure at least one of those covers is on borrowed time. ;)

donn, mitch4ging, TFBraden and 5 others like this.
  19. E40

E40 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Okay, I don't have a "REAL LAMBFOOT" as noted by the plain blade, but awesome none the less. Ebony is nice.
    IMG_1899 1.jpg

Pàdruig, donn, mitch4ging and 19 others like this.
  20. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    It is addicting, isn't it? I'll bet you could come up with some fine looking re-covers for those.
    Is the A.Wrights a current production? I've never seen the "real lamb foot" etch on a composite covered knife.

All of mine:[​IMG]

Pàdruig, peanutsxx, donn and 20 others like this.