Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg
Looks great... Nice job.

Thanks to Chin's generous expertise, I have modified my Hartshead Barlow pile side to be more of a match with the mark cover. Potassium permangate dissolved in water and painted onto the cover with a Q-tip: dab, wait 30 seconds, wipe off and wait a couple minutes for the purple to turn tan brown. Repeat until the color you want is achieved. I like it, very much.

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg

Fantastic job, Jeff! It's no wonder you like it. Thanks so much for sharing the before and after shots.

And kudos to Chin for sharing the know-how. Yet another example of the tremendous exchange of information in this thread. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Was under the weather the past couple days if I missed any comments thank you ever so much. :D
Crikey Dave! I never associate tornados with Canada. Stay safe sir. :thumbsup:
Me either David when I was a boy maybe 1or 2 small twisters all summer. The weather is changing we've had 18 so far this summer.
Thanks, Dave, but you must be thinking of someone else. ;)
SPAMbrosia, eh?? :p:cool:
lol :thumbsup::p:D
Jack, you are correct about the single blade my friend. When i spoke to farmers as a kid they said it was just a good all round working knife, that was easy to keep sharp. They only wanted a single blade sturdy knife. They were not interested in looks or collecting, they just wanted a simple working knife, they only needed a single blade work knife. Have a good day mate.:confused:
I believe your right if the lambsfoot was available in the farm stores here years ago I'm pretty sure we would have some real treasures to be found.:thumbsup:

Was under the weather the past couple days if I missed any comments thank you ever so much. :D

Me either David when I was a boy maybe 1or 2 small twisters all summer. The weather is changing we've had 18 so far this summer.

lol :thumbsup::p:D

I believe your right if the lambsfoot was available in the farm stores here years ago I'm pretty sure we would have some real treasures to be found.:thumbsup:
Hope you are feeling better, and look after your self. Take it easy till you come good.

Okay, I don't have a "REAL LAMBFOOT" as noted by the plain blade, but awesome none the less. Ebony is nice.
View attachment 1163120
Welcome to the club! That looks like a fine example of a Lambsfoot to me. :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - I hear you, Jack. One time I had a hankering for wedding cake. Bought one, sliced and placed it in the freezer. Took a whole year to finish. There’s just something about vanilla buttercream frosting from a bakery that speaks to me.:)

JohnDF JohnDF Thank you John.

Another fond perspective.
352832C8-AAD8-4848-85A2-668ADE4E0C49_zpslucs7nn8.jpeg
That cupcake looks a little smaller in this picture for some reason??? :D
That ebony Waynorth looks great, GEC really did a great job!

Thanks to Chin's generous expertise, I have modified my Hartshead Barlow pile side to be more of a match with the mark cover. Potassium permangate dissolved in water and painted onto the cover with a Q-tip: dab, wait 30 seconds, wipe off and wait a couple minutes for the purple to turn tan brown. Repeat until the color you want is achieved. I like it, very much.

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg
Looks great, Jeff. :thumbsup:
You got me wondering where the black down in the groves comes from. Is it natural? Is it burned?

That's what I was thinking!

I had to go make a snack! :D

48310672577_9bf9c6bf6d_h.jpg

Outstanding Stag Dwight! :thumbsup: :D And, a great photo as usual!
Thank you Ron

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are off to a great day! I’m carrying my Ebony Waynorth Lambsfoot today! It’s black as midnight and buttery smooth!
Yes indeed BLACKKKKK! :D

A gift from Jack... Strong pulls... butter-smooth action... replace-ability makes me not afraid to use it (I have backups)... African Rosewood makes it kind of unique... straight blade is easy to sharpen... easy to strop back up... gigantic nail mark is easy to locate... size is perfect for hand and pocket... shape fills the hand... slim enough for the watch pocket... 'snap' is ridiculous... wonderful fidget toy... won't close on you by accident... blade perfectly centered... satin blade wears well and continues to look good... perfect blade shape for opening packages... cutting food... carving sticks... fine tip control... unique blade shape makes people ask about it... fit and finish are not perfect but definitely above average... takes a lot of abuse and shrugs it all off... earning its keep... it's unique in my little world... it looks like a hard use knife, not a safe queen... a gift from Jack...
Great post John.

Classy pic of a couple great knives!
Thank you Matt.

I didn't visit this thread Monday and most of Tuesday (at least not to read new posts), so of course I fell behind.
What on earth were you thinking??????? :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

:D Pass the ice cold goat's milk please... and a fork. :D

Beautiful grain Vince.

You too Dwight, fantastic pic
Thank you Jack.

Very nice shot, Dwight.
Thanks Kevin.

You are right, can you imagine the damage that could occur if the HHB fell off at the speeds that could be obtained by that thing?! :eek: I was actually a little scared that it would slip and fall while I was carrying it to the street....and that I might be run over while taking Lambsfoot pics. :D
The mark side of Valley Jack looks like a river running though the valley floor.....Well, to me anyway.
I love the volkswagen themed knife shots. Huge fan of the old ones. Especially the vans. :cool:

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg
Wow! That is fantastic results! :eek: :cool:

I'll down to the market early tomorrow, and I think Lucy is due a day out and about
I had forgotten how beautiful Lucy is. :) Happy hunting tomorrow Jack!

IMG_3617.jpeg

Mark side:
ExJfZa1.jpg

Pile side before:
te9fqLf.jpg

Pile side after:
enqeLKG.jpg
Jeff that looks great! A big improvement in color match! :thumbsup::)

I'll down to the market early tomorrow, and I think Lucy is due a day out and about ;) :thumbsup:

9tOxVGa.jpg
Jack that's a great photo of Lucy! :thumbsup: I hope you two have a great visit to the market! :D

Very nice Dave! Two beautiful Sambar Sweeties! :thumbsup::cool:

Yes indeed BLACKKKKK! :D

img_3617-jpeg.1163318
Yes indeed BLACKKKKK! :thumbsup::D AGREED! :eek: Beautiful Stag Dwight! :thumbsup:

Back