1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Excellent pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Rachel, that's a very green feather! :) :thumbsup:

Smashing photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Hate it when that happens! o_O Nice carry though Paul, and a very kind gift :) Where is Jack, he used to moan that he couldn't get hold of a good straight-framed Lambsfoot?! :rolleyes:

Sorry buddy! :D Lovely pic there :) :thumbsup:

2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black Thank you Sir. No, Jack. They have a strict don’t ask, don’t tell wedding cake ordering philosophy.:D

Your generous nature is only one of your many fine qualities. Say hi to the fellas from the Guardians.

0D71E40B-9858-4453-A23D-5FE68615A853.jpeg

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Impressive Jeff :) :thumbsup:

I never knew that Chin, though it doesn't entirely surprise me :) I had one yesterday :) I was actually talking to a Cornishmen today, which doesn't happen often, they don't tend to leave. Lovely part of the world, so I don't blame them :) :thumbsup:

I love the smell of those spices Chin, can't wait :) :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to seeing that post my friend, and it's great to see your Lambshank again :) :thumbsup:

Excellent Jeff, I’m glad it worked so well for you. You did an excellent job! It looks great.

Here, here Chin, great pic mate :) :thumbsup:

Hope they went OK Ron, good to see that one again, and it's a reminder I have too many neglected Lambsfoot knives that deserve some pocket time :thumbsup:

Yes indeed :) :thumbsup:

4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I have to look at these pics now to have faith there is life-after-July & August.:eek: Last two mornings the humidity has been 99%. :eek: (of course I'm not telling Rachel anything new). :D

... "neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays"... you my friend from the completion of your photographic duties... :cool: and it is readily apparent :)

Thanks GT.

Yeah but what about quilting workshops?... ...Hmmm...???? :rolleyes:

Thanks Jack.

Love what Kevin has started!!! ... now ... let me see... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    exactly! :thumbsup::p

6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! That's good to know my friend, in case I ever get a hankering! :D I am still amazed at the sheer audacity and ambition of your cake request though! :D Thank you very much my friend, nice to see some happy faces - albeit ones caked with fish and chip grease! :D :thumbsup:

7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you, Jack, you're gracious as always!

mitch4ging, TFBraden and cigarrodog like this.
  8. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I picked up some Humphrey's Radiant Tea Knives and a Swann-Morton Bread Knife in the market, still in their original boxes :) @ADEE 's missus used to work for Swann-Morton, so I'll pass on the Bread Knife :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

9. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Still working

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Feel free to PM me the story... :D

I thank God we don't have the humidity that others do. Please Dwight, keep posting the Fall pictures, they are beautiful. :cool::thumbsup:

I switched over to the Ironwood, he was howling for some attention...
    [​IMG]

11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks. That is a Monk Parakeet feather. They have built nests in my neighborhood. Very pretty and fun to watch, but noisy!
    I really can't complain too much. This summer has been relatively cool so far. Only a couple of days above 100 degrees.

12. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Nice finds. The box alone, would have been a treasure. You’re a great Sheffield Cutlery Archeologist.:thumbsup:

13. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks Harvey! Might make a good addition to my earthquake kits... :thumbsup:

I’m afraid my phrasing was misleading. There was just the one photo of the trio. I meant that I’d considered “The three amigos” before settling on “one for all, all for one” for the caption.

Thanks for asking. It’s been more stable so far this year. I don’t know whether that is from the conditioning with my wood balm, our atypical weather this spring, its age, or just plain luck. I’ll keep you posted.

Many thanks!

I’m looking forward to it, too! I’ll be sure to share thoughts and post pics. I’m hoping to incorporate it into next week’s menu.

The chiles are taking their time, but I’ll let you know when harvest comes around.

Thanks for the update. I’m very much looking forward to the longer form notes. They’ll warrant a sit down and savor with a beer or coffee, depending on when I notice them come in. :)

Hooray for the Humbles!

Thank you so much, Jack. I had a lot of fun crafting that post.

Or something is Wright. A. Wright, that is. ;)

So, you could say you’ve become their chip buddy? Sorry, couldn’t resist. :D

Great to see the working ones at work. :thumbsup:

14. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    John, the light plays nicely, giving the image a glow, while revealing the figuring of your Ironwood.

mitch4ging, TFBraden, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  15. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Oh my yes. Great finds Jack!

Yeah same here. We've had the best Spring and Summer (so far) that we've had in years. If it was extremely hot starting now I still couldn't complain compared to most years.

mitch4ging, TFBraden, r8shell and 4 others like this.
  16. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    You're welcome and thanks, Rosie is a real cut up at supervision:p:D
    Thank you Dwight and that's a wonderful photo...I have to ask, do you have leaves stored some place so you can use them when you want?
    Harvey, you post some excellent photos...this one is tops!
    It sure is frustrating to have all the post finished and all of a suddenly it's gone...many of us have had that happen! That is a wonderful knife, very special horn. I like the pile side best, both are great!
    That is an elegant pot...RALF is looking fine also. I can't tell what the spout is suppose to be/represent, looks to be some on the handle and the lid, please enlighten me. Thanks.
    I like the LSL posts also, Chin, there are many different people,on this forum/thread and their talents and interests are should be told along with the lammies.

I was thinking they are world beaters:thumbsup:
    Thanks you Jack, these dogs(trial dogs) are truly amazing. Dutch is not at that level, but he's a very capable. To be at that level they need to be with a pro trainer,full time. I did have my last dog with a pro trainer full time and did compete with in field trails with him. He was good at it. When I retired him and he came home to live with me full time, I decided then and there that it's more important for me to have a dog with me that I can enjoy, 24-7. Dutch fills that need in spades. I'll see what I can do about getting a video of him running some marks or a blind.
    Yes, you don't want an angry wolf around the house, huffing and puffing:eek::D
    Here's to the humbles...
    [​IMG]

17. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Preston. For every pic I post there are probably 6 or more very similar that aren't posted. I usually just reach back and get one although I'm absolutely sure many of them are repeats.

I'm very glad Dutch is an amateur instead of a pro. :) For both of your sakes. :cool:

18. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    But who gets the lambsfootsezesesesezes? :D

19. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you for saying such a nice things, Preston.

Fine image of your Lambsfoot. One of the fine qualities of your images, is that you’re getting great shadow detail.

One can certainly appreciate the special connection between you and Dutch. Happy for you.

20. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Nice John, it has a Van Gogh Starry Night look to it:cool::thumbsup: