Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A mighty fine looking ebony Jack. :)

Thank you, my friend.

Can you imagine when we were kids having to pick one toy out of the myriad of toys today?:eek: :confused:;)

Thanks pal :) I really can't Dave! :D I remember, one year, when I was about 7, unbeknown to me at the time, my grandfather won a couple of thousand Pounds on the Football Pools. Not long after, on Christmas Day, me and my sister were unwrapping our presents in the early hours, and we got the toys that were advertised on the TV, a Johnny Seven , and my sister got a Tiny Tears doll. We thought Santa had dropped them off at the wrong house! :D :thumbsup:

Nice pic my friend :) A classy choice I'd say! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Here's old Snubby when young, shiny, and useless.
3fv2FuV.jpg

Young, shiny, useless, but good-looking! :D :thumbsup:

That would be a really nice collector for sure, I wouldn't mind owning a full-size one for running around town in. :)

Yep, pretty cool :cool: :thumbsup:

I can't imagine wanting what passes for toys nowadays, dang-nabbit. Give me a Red Ryder bb gun and some plastic soldiers.
This old Sears is fun, too. It still works, but I should oil the joints.
apbRG5a.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

hey Jack Black Jack Black mostly watching and reading these days, I have slowed down on collecting and stepped up appreciating these days! hope you are well!

Hey Jack, great to see you here :) Hope you're good my friend :thumbsup:

Thank you. I had extra "help" with that photo. :rolleyes:
shsVH3c.jpg

I do! I was eating fish & chips, and I somehow managed to get malt vinegar on the bolsters. ;)
I find that Falcon Fact incredible, too. In fact, I don't believe I can cred it at all.

LOL! :D That's a pretty cool way to get the patina Rachel :) :thumbsup:

But a bloke in the street told me....! :D :thumbsup:

7335624912_cc5860f63d_k_large.jpg

https://wingspanoptics.com/blogs/field-journal/why-falcons-are-moving-to-new-york-city

Happy Friday, Jack. :)

Not so much budgeting as it is timing.
I am an hourly employee, which is weird for a teacher. One of the curses of working in alternative education, we are not contracted like other teachers. So, I just don't get paid during the Summer vacation. We easily survive on my wife's salary but I do tighten the spending a bit during this time, mostly out of respect for my wife. I have time off, I'm not getting paid, so it seems "spoiled" to spend a lot of money on hobbies.

Do you ever get a real Summer there?

Oh ya, those were the days. Every kid had a bb gun and a pocket knife.
I made sure that both of my kids also grew up with bb guns and pocket knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, hope you're having a good day :) I understand that my friend, my girlfriend is a college lecturer, salaried, but her hourly rate is less than a check-out girl! :rolleyes:

1976 was pretty good...and last year! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for the lovely comments on my new Waynorth Lambsfoot. Most importantly, thanks for helping me give ED a big thank you for his generosity. Of course I'll be carrying it today (as I did last night) to get to know it better and be able to give my thoughts on it. Lastly, it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

It looks great John, congratulations :) Another big cheer for Ed :) :thumbsup:

My grandfather travelled a great deal for business, and he brought me one from England in the 60s. I was sure it was long gone, but a quick trip to the basement revealed I was mistaken.

View attachment 1164176

That's cool :) I sent one to a member for their kid a few years back, but I can't remember who :thumbsup:

Hmmm...the blade on my WCLF looks more canted than the one on my Wright's. Is my knife broken? :confused:
48323360067_5043493fcc_b.jpg

All my Wright's Lambsfoot knives have a canted blade.
The Barlow is hardly noticeable, but the Ironwood and Rosewood are very noticeable.
It is one feature that I really like and find very useful for detailed cuts with the tip of the blade.
I also assumed, and thought I read somewhere, that it was one of the defining features of the Lambsfoot knife.
I'm not saying it's good or bad, just a quick observation I made when I opened the Waynorth Lamb for the first time.

Here's a how-to article in case you want to give some intrepid cutler a wild and crazy idea. :D

Thanks for the interesting link Greg :) I'm afraid they don't like wild and crazy ideas in Sheffield though! :rolleyes: o_O :D :thumbsup:

Great pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

These two lovelies were howling for some attention...
IMG_1256.JPG

Terrific twosome Preston :) :thumbsup:

It used to be a pen.
MYyi3fE.jpg

P08xiVk.jpg

SPUzQ6t.jpg

D2IM7bS.jpg

Arrgh! My eyes! :p :D :thumbsup:

I’m carrying some Ebony for Friday! :) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D

33442664558_24458e4ec4_b_d.jpg

Great choice Ron ;) :D :thumbsup:

One immediate difference that stood out to me is that the blade on the GEC isn't canted down, like on the Wright's... Thoughts?

They are different aren't they?

And thanks to all of you that "liked" my new knife yesterday. It was such a flood of emotion and a whirlwind of excitement, I just couldn't gather myself enough to thank you all properly. But know I am very thankful. :)

:) :thumbsup:

Did you know that the term "public school" has a different meaning in the US than in the UK? What we call public schools are known as state schools in the UK. In the UK, a different definition of public was meant. There, the schools were public because access to them was not restricted on the basis of religion, parent's occupation, or home location. You could go to the school without worry of discrimination, assuming your parents could afford the fees of course.

Yeah, it's used LOGICALLY in the US! :rolleyes: I once had to point out the difference to a poster who thought that George Orwell was working class because he went to a 'public school'! o_O :D :thumbsup:

Hmmm...the blade on my WCLF looks more canted than the one on my Wright's. Is my knife broken? :confused:

48323360067_5043493fcc_b.jpg

Yikes! Hope not! :eek: :D Great patina on your Wright :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.

I so love the old ones.
EF1E599A-528A-4798-8EDE-6419D88D31D9_zpsedzdg4hh.jpeg

They're addictive! :eek: :thumbsup:

My niece, when she finished nursing school a few years back, gave away a bunch of those pens at her graduation party. I grabbed one with red ink. I then made like I was going give my daughter an injection with it. No warning, just "come here." She nearly broke into tears and only calmed down when I showed her it was a pen.

I'm a mean dad. :D

Bad Dad! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) I really can't Dave! :D I remember, one year, when I was about 7, unbeknown to me at the time, my grandfather won a couple of thousand Pounds on the Football Pools. Not long after, on Christmas Day, me and my sister were unwrapping our presents in the early hours, and we got the toys that were advertised on the TV, a Johnny Seven , and my sister got a Tiny Tears doll. We thought Santa had dropped them off at the wrong house! :D :thumbsup:

Nice pic my friend :) A classy choice I'd say! ;) :D :thumbsup:
That would have been one of those extra special Christmas mornings.:thumbsup::D

Thank you, Jack, since receiving my 2018 ebony it is still my favorite all-rounder a worker with class. :cool::D

They are different aren't they?
They are alike in many ways and different in many others.
One thing I am enjoying about the Waynorth is that the handle shape, length, and thinness allows it to ride vertically in the pocket with ease. So, there's no slip required to comfortably carry it in the front pocket. It's been riding upright all day while I did yard work and helped the Wife clean house for company. A very cool feature that I enjoy very much. :cool::thumbsup:

It's been raining here all day, but I had a pretty good day nonetheless :) Lunch of Beer-battered sausages, colcannon, and chimchurri roasted peppers, and coffee and a blueberry croissant mid afternoon :)

OJRakJS.jpg

I even got to have a couple of pints on my way home :) :thumbsup:

aLQrWNi.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day :) :thumbsup:

Great choice Ron ;) :D :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) After all you’re the one that picked it! ;) :thumbsup:

It's been raining here all day, but I had a pretty good day nonetheless :) Lunch of Beer-battered sausages, colcannon, and chimchurri roasted peppers, and coffee and a blueberry croissant mid afternoon :)

OJRakJS.jpg

I even got to have a couple of pints on my way home :) :thumbsup:

aLQrWNi.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day :) :thumbsup:
Looks like the rain didn’t slow you down Jack! ;) Hope you have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

Love the impasto technique your wife uses in that painting...the knife too!
dc50 dc50 - Yeah Dave - What Preston said! I really like that "impasto" technique. Didn't know what you called it but I knew I like it. :D Thanks PJ for the education.

Great pic Dwight
Thanks Jack. Glad to see the book arrived!

Have a great weekend Guardians.IMG_2475.jpeg

Terrific twosome Preston :) :thumbsup:
Thanks to you...
dc50 dc50 - Yeah Dave - What Preston said! I really like that "impasto" technique. Didn't know what you called it but I knew I like it. :D Thanks PJ for the education.
My pleasure, Dwight:thumbsup::)
Me either! :p:p I just thought she was doing her own thing what with using copper and layers of tissue paper. :rolleyes:
Dave she might have been doing her own thing. The creative process takes into account all our past experiences and the outcome can be brand new. Mixed media takes all that into account. It can encompass, impasto, decoupage, paper mache...the mixing sawdust or sand with glue/paint just about anything an artist might use to achieve the effect he/she wants.
This is the painting, its a section of the Hiway Scott Lake Hill fifteen minutes from here on our way to Canmore/Banff
View attachment 1164286
Oh my, she has captured the enormity of the Rockies in that scene so well. Kudos to her!:thumbsup:

Wow! You must have been over the moon that Christmas!
LOL! :D That's a pretty cool way to get the patina Rachel :) :thumbsup:

But a bloke in the street told me....! :D :thumbsup:

7335624912_cc5860f63d_k_large.jpg

https://wingspanoptics.com/blogs/field-journal/why-falcons-are-moving-to-new-york-city
That's interesting. I can see why they'd like NYC. It's an all-the-pigeons-you-can-eat buffet! :D

My HHB has a step down. It's a purely cosmetic thing, in my opinion, since it snaps open and closed like a bear trap. :cool::thumbsup:
p9sdnQW.jpg

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo - Kevin I hope you will forgive me for stealing from your "artistic gift of originality" which you possess in spades. :D

View attachment 1164062
Steal away, my brother! :thumbsup:
"artistic gift of originality" That is very kind, Dwight, others just call me weird. ;):D

I'm going to have to try that too! Still got Hot Wheels and Matchbox. :)
I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Should I use one of my Lamborghinis, my Porsche, or my Humvee? I have an ambulance too (gift from father-in-law), but I'm not that kind of lawyer! :D
That's a good'n , Vince!!
s0225.gif

Btw, my vote is for the Porsche.... I have a thing for those flat motors.

My pic from yesterday. I went with the wisdom of my fellow Guardians and took Betty for a spin.
48319537796_67a97d82af_h.jpg

Dave she might have been doing her own thing. The creative process takes into account all our past experiences and the outcome can be brand new. Mixed media takes all that into account. It can encompass, impasto, decoupage, paper mache...the mixing sawdust or sand with glue/paint just about anything an artist might use to achieve the effect he/she wants.
Thanks, fellows for the compliments. I'm a self-taught artist and as Dave says, I generally just do my own thing.

Linda :)

Last edited:
Back