1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    That's a good thing, you do. To many times we get caught up in convention and don't have the purpose of self. For an artist it is a life sentence!

Cambertree, mitch4ging, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    :D :thumbsup:

Really? It was really nice, new place in the market, I think I'll be back :) :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to reading it Dwight :) But I think I have about 20 books lined-up to read! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your Ironwood '19 :) :thumbsup:

Wow! That's pretty incredible Dave, Linda has an amazing talent :) :thumbsup:

You're not kidding Rachel, it still seems fresh now! :D Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane - how could I have forgotten about the rear grenade launcher?! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

They should ALL have a 'step down', my friend Mr @JDWARE will hopefully come in at this point to explain the technical advantage of 'underblading' ;) :thumbsup:

It's great to see Betty :) :thumbsup:

Is that Linda speaking through Dave??!!!! :eek: :confused:

I have some quality entertainment lined up for Friday night here at Grumble Towers :) Have a good one folks, and a very happy weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Looks like a great film: Vincent Price AND Diana Rigg! And I love the subtitle: "It's curtains for his critics!" :eek::D:thumbsup:

chuck4570, Cambertree, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  4. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
  5. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    I apologize ahead of time if this comment should be posted elsewhere. I am going to attempt to add some color to the pile side of my stag HHB. Is it my imagination? It seems to me that this may be something everyone has noticed (me included) and that more often than not stag handled knives, including lambsfoot, seem to be mismatched. Why is it so hard for the manufacturer to match stag (or smooth bone)? I mean, you pay some good money for a premium knife, right? Is it too much to expect matching scales? Yeah I see a few examples out there that are nicely matched but that seems like the minority. I understand the these material are natural and as such all are slightly different but I have umpteen number of trophy antlers that could easily have matched scales made from them. Is it really that hard to do or is it just a cost thing?

[​IMG]

chuck4570 and Pt-Luso like this.
  6. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    That is one beautiful knife. Give it to me now! Is the tang stamp etched instead of stamped?

[​IMG]

chuck4570 and tmd_87 like this.
  7. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @dc50 - That’s a that’s an exquisite painting, Dave.

@Jack Black Thanks for the luscious look at your tea time treats, which includes the other images.

8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    It is stamped.

chuck4570 and cigarrodog like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Perhaps this is something you should raise, by PM, with whoever sold you that knife Bill? If you're not happy with it, I imagine they will gladly refund what you paid for it. If not, please contact me, and I'll buy it off you. I'm sure one of the custom makers could make you something with those trophy antlers :thumbsup:

10. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Have you not seen it Vince?! It's a must! :D The trailer is online, but I've no idea why anyone would watch it based on that :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Fantastic Taylor :) :thumbsup:

11. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Yes really, totally new, maybe I need to get out more. :D
    Thanks, Jack I will pass it on.:)
    No, it was actually Linda:p
    Have a good one Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

12. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I know what you mean. I have 4 going right now. :D

IMG_4155.jpeg

13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Great movie! Diana Rigg was brilliant, of course.
    Vincent Price was great, too.

14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Have not seen it, but I like all of Vincent Price's films that I have seen. And Diana Rigg was great on The Avengers. I will look for it.

15. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    I'm probably dating myself, but "Who?"

Edited to add: I think I recognize Vincent Price from The Ten Commandments. I still have no idea who Diana Rigg is though.

Prester John likes this.
  16. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    That's a generous offer Jack. I think some people who are newer to traditionals don't realize that the Mark side of a knife is the presentation side of the knife. As a result, some manufactures will put a very nice piece of stag on the Mark side with a lesser piece of stag on the Pile side. It wasn't long ago that some manufactures polished the Mark side of the blade and left a satin finish on the Pile side.

17. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I believe you have Vincent mixed up with Charlton Heston, Diana Rigg played in a TV show called the Avengers :D WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE say no more.;)
    [​IMG]

chuck4570, Pt-Luso, TFBraden and 3 others like this.
  18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Vincent Price was in The Ten Commandments. I think he was active mostly from the 1940s through the 1960s, and probably most active in the 1950s. The Fly is another famous film of his. And he did a lot of Edgar Allan Poe films. You should check him out.
    I know Diana Rigg from the 1960s' British television series The Avengers. The was John Steed's partner for two seasons--the best two seasons. My wife bought me the complete Emma Peel ("M[an] appeal") episodes (her character's name). The show was sort of a spy/science fiction series, kind of strange, but very entertaining.

19. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Price was in it too, I think. One of the bad guys, along with Edward G. Robinson.

20. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Looks like a great Friday carry, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
    Cell phones are an incredible thing, but they do have limitations! There's an old saying:
    "It's a hard way to go, but a good way to know, the way the old folks done it".
    I guess that certainly applies today, so many young folks can't navigate, start a camp fire or change a spare tire.

I like that shot, José! Nice coloring brought out on the covers.:thumbsup:
    Sounds like a real "Thriller"!:D
    Thankfully, what you can't see is me doing my best imitation of Michael Jackson's dancing wearing only my boxers!:eek::p

Love this knife!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    peanutsxx, chuck4570, WHT and 12 others like this.