Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack! :) After all you’re the one that picked it! ;) :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Colcannon that's a word and dish I didn't know cool.:cool:

Really? It was really nice, new place in the market, I think I'll be back :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Glad to see the book arrived!

Have a great weekend Guardians.View attachment 1164276

I am looking forward to reading it Dwight :) But I think I have about 20 books lined-up to read! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your Ironwood '19 :) :thumbsup:

This is the painting, its a section of the Hiway Scott Lake Hill fifteen minutes from here on our way to Canmore/Banff
View attachment 1164286

Wow! That's pretty incredible Dave, Linda has an amazing talent :) :thumbsup:

Wow! You must have been over the moon that Christmas!

That's interesting. I can see why they'd like NYC. It's an all-the-pigeons-you-can-eat buffet! :D

My HHB has a step down. It's a purely cosmetic thing, in my opinion, since it snaps open and closed like a bear trap. :cool::thumbsup:
p9sdnQW.jpg

You're not kidding Rachel, it still seems fresh now! :D Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane - how could I have forgotten about the rear grenade launcher?! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

They should ALL have a 'step down', my friend Mr @JDWARE will hopefully come in at this point to explain the technical advantage of 'underblading' ;) :thumbsup:

My pic from yesterday. I went with the wisdom of my fellow Guardians and took Betty for a spin.
48319537796_67a97d82af_h.jpg

It's great to see Betty :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, fellows for the compliments. I'm a self-taught artist and as Dave says, I generally just do my own thing.

Is that Linda speaking through Dave??!!!! :eek: :confused:

I have some quality entertainment lined up for Friday night here at Grumble Towers :) Have a good one folks, and a very happy weekend :thumbsup:

QxsvuT0.jpg

I apologize ahead of time if this comment should be posted elsewhere. I am going to attempt to add some color to the pile side of my stag HHB. Is it my imagination? It seems to me that this may be something everyone has noticed (me included) and that more often than not stag handled knives, including lambsfoot, seem to be mismatched. Why is it so hard for the manufacturer to match stag (or smooth bone)? I mean, you pay some good money for a premium knife, right? Is it too much to expect matching scales? Yeah I see a few examples out there that are nicely matched but that seems like the minority. I understand the these material are natural and as such all are slightly different but I have umpteen number of trophy antlers that could easily have matched scales made from them. Is it really that hard to do or is it just a cost thing?

58446FEB-0CBC-43B6-ACD0-1FB8EC220F33_zpsiq33rmv5.jpeg

I apologize ahead of time if this comment should be posted elsewhere. I am going to attempt to add some color to the pile side of my stag HHB. Is it my imagination? It seems to me that this may be something everyone has noticed (me included) and that more often than not stag handled knives, including lambsfoot, seem to be mismatched. Why is it so hard for the manufacturer to match stag (or smooth bone)? I mean, you pay some good money for a premium knife, right? Is it too much to expect matching scales? Yeah I see a few examples out there that are nicely matched but that seems like the minority. I understand the these material are natural and as such all are slightly different but I have umpteen number of trophy antlers that could easily have matched scales made from them. Is it really that hard to do or is it just a cost thing?

58446FEB-0CBC-43B6-ACD0-1FB8EC220F33_zpsiq33rmv5.jpeg

Perhaps this is something you should raise, by PM, with whoever sold you that knife Bill? If you're not happy with it, I imagine they will gladly refund what you paid for it. If not, please contact me, and I'll buy it off you. I'm sure one of the custom makers could make you something with those trophy antlers :thumbsup:

Really? It was really nice, new place in the market, I think I'll be back :) :thumbsup:
Yes really, totally new, maybe I need to get out more. :D
Thanks, Jack I will pass it on.:)
No, it was actually Linda:p
I have some quality entertainment lined up for Friday night here at Grumble Towers :) Have a good one folks, and a very happy weekend :thumbsup:
Have a good one Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

:D :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to reading it Dwight :) But I think I have about 20 books lined-up to read! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pic of your Ironwood '19 :) :thumbsup:

You're not kidding Rachel, it still seems fresh now! :D Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane - how could I have forgotten about the rear grenade launcher?! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

They should ALL have a 'step down', my friend Mr @JDWARE will hopefully come in at this point to explain the technical advantage of 'underblading' ;) :thumbsup:

It's great to see Betty :) :thumbsup:

QxsvuT0.jpg
Great movie! Diana Rigg was brilliant, of course.
Vincent Price was great, too.

Have you not seen it Vince?! It's a must! :D The trailer is online, but I've no idea why anyone would watch it based on that :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Great movie! Diana Rigg was brilliant, of course.
Vincent Price was great, too.
Have not seen it, but I like all of Vincent Price's films that I have seen. And Diana Rigg was great on The Avengers. I will look for it.

Looks like a great film: Vincent Price AND Diana Rigg! And I love the subtitle: "It's curtains for his critics!" :eek::D:thumbsup:

I'm probably dating myself, but "Who?"

Edited to add: I think I recognize Vincent Price from The Ten Commandments. I still have no idea who Diana Rigg is though.

Perhaps this is something you should raise, by PM, with whoever sold you that knife Bill? If you're not happy with it, I imagine they will gladly refund what you paid for it. If not, please contact me, and I'll buy it off you. I'm sure one of the custom makers could make you something with those trophy antlers :thumbsup:

That's a generous offer Jack. I think some people who are newer to traditionals don't realize that the Mark side of a knife is the presentation side of the knife. As a result, some manufactures will put a very nice piece of stag on the Mark side with a lesser piece of stag on the Pile side. It wasn't long ago that some manufactures polished the Mark side of the blade and left a satin finish on the Pile side.

I'm probably dating myself, but "Who?"

Edited to add: I think I recognize Vincent Price from The Ten Commandments. I still have no idea who Diana Rigg is though.
Vincent Price was in The Ten Commandments. I think he was active mostly from the 1940s through the 1960s, and probably most active in the 1950s. The Fly is another famous film of his. And he did a lot of Edgar Allan Poe films. You should check him out.
I know Diana Rigg from the 1960s' British television series The Avengers. The was John Steed's partner for two seasons--the best two seasons. My wife bought me the complete Emma Peel ("M[an] appeal") episodes (her character's name). The show was sort of a spy/science fiction series, kind of strange, but very entertaining.

Morning folks, raining here today, but I'm not too bothered, been a good week, and now it's Friday :) :thumbsup:

cX2LG1i.jpg
Looks like a great Friday carry, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Heck, I can walk 100 yards up the road and not be able to get a signal, let alone in the Scottish Highlands! o_O :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Cell phones are an incredible thing, but they do have limitations! There's an old saying:
"It's a hard way to go, but a good way to know, the way the old folks done it".
I guess that certainly applies today, so many young folks can't navigate, start a camp fire or change a spare tire.

Good morning, Guardians.:):thumbsup:

5khmih.jpg
I like that shot, José! Nice coloring brought out on the covers.:thumbsup:
I hope everyone's Friday is a great one with a wonderful weekend to follow :)
Hey, Throw Back Friday!:D:thumbsup: Great knife and musical selection, OG!:cool::thumbsup:
Man, that's awsome, Dave! At first I thought that was bacon on the art, then I realized it was copper! Great photo my friend!:cool::thumbsup:
I can't find any toy car pictures. Here's old Snubby when young, shiny, and useless.
3fv2FuV.jpg
My folks moved too much, and so did I, don't have any of my childhood cars or toys. But gots some Lambsfoot knives!:D

Bet that one grew up to be quite useful!:thumbsup:
Thank you. I had extra "help" with that photo. :rolleyes:
shsVH3c.jpg
:D:thumbsup: Just wants to know what's going on with the Feather!:p:thumbsup:
it is amazing to finally have an EBONY Lambsfoot. Jack can go ahead and pick whatever covers he wants next year now. ;) :p :D

Great knife...great photo!:cool::thumbsup: Nice, John!
I was sure it was long gone, but a quick trip to the basement revealed I was mistaken.

27877c27-1a5e-44fc-9190-89bab078253c-jpeg.1164176
Very cool, Frailer!;):thumbsup:
solo dancing
img_4110-jpeg.1164209
:eek::thumbsup: fantastic...as usual!:)
These two lovelies were howling for some attention...
IMG_1256.JPG
Howling good pair, Preston!:cool::thumbsup:
Dennis that’s a dandy Horn Bigun my friend! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks, Ron! It's a super knife to carry, and a looker!:):thumbsup:
I’m carrying some Ebony for Friday! :) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D

33442664558_24458e4ec4_b_d.jpg
Awsome photo, Ron! Great contrast of the woods!:):thumbsup:
One immediate difference that stood out to me is that the blade on the GEC isn't canted down, like on the Wright's... Thoughts?
Great comparison shot, John!
Thoughts?...send them both to me for a more scientific measurements!:D:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians.

I so love the old ones.
EF1E599A-528A-4798-8EDE-6419D88D31D9_zpsedzdg4hh.jpeg
Beautiful, Harvey!:):thumbsup: Such great character!
A very cool feature that I enjoy very much. :cool::thumbsup:

If I didn't know better, I would think you were tickled with that one, John!:D:thumbsup: Nice!
Lunch of Beer-battered sausages, colcannon, and chimchurri roasted peppers, and coffee and a blueberry croissant mid afternoon :)

OJRakJS.jpg

I even got to have a couple of pints on my way home :) :thumbsup:

aLQrWNi.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day :) :thumbsup:
Can't complain about that days end!:cool::thumbsup: great photos, Jack!
Some of the things that make for a great weekend:
View attachment 1164265
Cool photo, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
Now this is stuck in my head!...
And my Mayhew books turned up :) :thumbsup:

8CYs27Q.jpg
I haven't read a good book in some time, I'll have to pick one out. :thumbsup:
Have a great weekend Guardians.
img_2475-jpeg.1164276
Great image and setting, Dwight! Your record for great shots continues!:cool::thumbsup:
My HHB has a step down. It's a purely cosmetic thing, in my opinion, since it snaps open and closed like a bear trap. :cool::thumbsup:
p9sdnQW.jpg
Mine has a slight one as well, Rachel, but it doesn't catch my eye or bother me at all! :)
Thanks, fellows for the compliments. I'm a self-taught artist and as Dave says, I generally just do my own thing.
I screw up stick figures:(. But I can play 3 cords on my guitar!:D:thumbsup:

QxsvuT0.jpg
Sounds like a real "Thriller"!:D
Thankfully, what you can't see is me doing my best imitation of Michael Jackson's dancing wearing only my boxers!:eek::p

Love this knife!
N3fB1tk.jpg

Last edited:
Back