forbidden fruit

but just as
Adam and Eve
I couldn't stand
the temptation.

- Luna Maria

48333605117_e9f8ac9c8f_c.jpg

Thanks buddy.
I really like it Harvey. Two questions. 1) Arched across the tang - does it say CURRENT? 2) What is the handle material
Thank you Dwight. Jack Black Jack Black should be credited for the answers being offered here. It’s a “Sheldon knife” friction folder. A basic tradesman’s knife with some sort of composite material. Jack has mentioned the material, but it escapes me now, as well as the “Current”Tang stamp., which is either the factory or the shop. It’s also stamped Albert Oates.
ECA4C52C-168E-45C6-857C-804C1C349DF8.jpeg

5539932C-EED5-49C0-955E-CAE776B9ADD8.jpeg

C68C523E-58EF-4595-9B98-862247208656.jpeg

View attachment 1165232 A little figure to the pile side.
Very nice Ben. Love the pile side especially.

Thank you Dwight. Jack Black Jack Black should be credited for the answers being offered here. It’s a “Sheldon knife” friction folder. A basic tradesman’s knife with some sort of composite material. Jack has mentioned the material, but it escapes me now, as well as the “Current”Tang stamp., which is either the factory or the shop. It’s also stamped Albert Oates.
Thanks Harvey. Perhaps gumfuddy or bexoid?

Hello Guardians!

I’ve got quite a busy weekend on, so I’ll have to catch up with a proper post and acknowledgments later. There’s been some interesting conversational points raised too about the construction of these knives.

For the moment, I’d just like to file a report with GT @5K Qs that my pastie investigations are progressing well.;):D:p
7BC6B9B5-38CC-49A5-9093-6748A9B3699A.jpeg
(But my photo framing ability is apparently deteriorating!:D:eek:)

Mah knife did the slicing honours. These are from two of the four bakeries in my small country town - a meat Cornish pastie, and a more modern, square shaped Aussie vegetable pastie.

Although the vegetable pastie appeared to just be carrots, onion and potato, I preferred it, as the ingredients tasted like they were made from fresh vegetables, rather than a frozen premix.

Ol’ Reliable handled the cutting chores with aplomb.

Dave, once again I say, it's all Jack's fault. ;):D

LOL, yep my first one was free as well!:p:D
18Dnrka.jpg

How did I end up with 9 Lambsfoot knives?!!

1A821399-F999-430F-A5FA-54A3EB17DE6E.jpeg

Enjoying a Bavarian brew with my Hartshead on hand, before checking out a Finnegans Wake reading group in Melbourne, I was invited to.

Back