Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR! tmd_87 tmd_87 :thumbsup:

5aee53d83ff3763a5c5e142890cc2eba.jpg

Good morning Guardians
Sorry I'm a little late posting today. I had to take one last trip to the Bay Area :mad:
But on the happy side, the tour season is over and I have my boy back home... at least until he starts college. :)

Darn it! I HATE the Bay Area! :mad: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

At least it's the last trip John, have fun with your boy, and that great-looking Lambsfoot of course :) :thumbsup:

Also applies to Jalapenos and other peppers with heat. If you're looking for hot.
Thanks for that.
Smashing pic Christian, and that's a great tip :) It also reminded me I had some nectarines in the kitchen, so I'm eating one right now! :D :thumbsup:
Sounds great. I'm going to grab one myself.
Good morning Guardians
Sorry I'm a little late posting today. I had to take one last trip to the Bay Area :mad:
But on the happy side, the tour season is over and I have my boy back home... at least until he starts college. :)

Nice.

Thanks Dwight! Yes sir. Wondrous Echinacea! ;)
I must have lost a quote last week where I praised the wide angle photos that showed some of your beautiful "yard". I enjoyed seeing more of your photo backdrop lab.
Those flowers are wondrous indeed! Thanks Mark for the compliment. :) Another fine photo of your pin-stripe iron lamb.

Thanks Dwight, great pic of your DamLamb
Thank you Jack.

Ugh... I am hopelessly behind here (almost 500 posts I think...), I will need to find the time to get caught up proper when I have a bit more to spare.

In the meantime, I wish you all a good day and hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.

Charlie's Jigged has been a rather constant companion. So constant that my other knives have been rather neglected. It is starting to show a rather wonderful patina though, the bolsters, liners, and backspring are beginning to darken.

xdrWuCw.jpg

Something that I was thinking about today: I have quite an assortment of Lambsfoot knives now but the one that I currently lack is Wright's Big 'Un. I am not sure how the Waynorth Lamb compares in terms of size but I have very much enjoyed the dimensions. The longer blade gives me more versatility in the cuts I can make, especially when preparing food, but I don't feel put out by the additional length. In fact, I have a knife that can operate like a big knife as well as a small knife and that is something rather remarkable. In my opinion, of course.

Some comparison shots of what is representative in my current collection:

ykXAYoo.jpg

kHBO2rn.jpg
Gorgeous pics of some of your flock Dylan.

Jack Black Jack Black - I love the black sheep with the bell Jack! Very cool! :D

Totin another this afternoon. :)IMG_4198.jpeg

Looked at the computer screen to find I was 10 pages behind :eek:
And a tip about picking out fruit! There's something you don't see every day around here Thanks kamagong kamagong .
So many great pics, and so little time, I had to cull my responses :rolleyes:
There was something said about the weight of the HH stag - FWIW mine came in at 3.18 ounces.
On to some acknowledgement. I know I've left many deserving folks out. "Sorry about that, chief"

let's add a little Lambsfoot content to keep us on the straight and narrow. :)
View attachment 1164600
Beautiful pic :thumbsup:
Indeed!
Nice way to bump us back!
An old chunk of driftwood...
thxCuUf.jpg
Wonderful contrast! Grats :thumbsup:
Thank you Ed. I think this Oxhorn example demonstrates that Wright's (and other manufacturers) traditionally saved the best horn for the Mark side, and used plainer horn on the Pile side.

B3ZcrBq.jpg

at9rmd2.jpg

With the 2016 Guardians knives, I asked them to use their best horn on both sides of the knife, which they not only thought extravagant, but rather odd. In retrospect, it might have been a mistake as it has led to them having to do the same with other knives.

f8hEXiF.jpg

fcDwEpJ.jpg

With stag it's traditionally been the same, as you say, but then everyone has their own tastes in stag, while one man likes popcorn, another likes smooth, and while one likes dark stag, another prefers light. The cutlers have no idea of course. In the case of the Hartshead Barlows, the Sambar stag (which is no longer available in England due to the Indian Government's export ban) is vintage material, cut decades ago for steak knife hafts. Employing someone to try and match pieces of it would increase costs hugely, and create a large amount of waste. Even then, those cutlers have no idea of the standards someone on a knife forum might want, or what their individual tastes are. I imagine they try their best.

I have noticed, with regard to all patterns, that some folks seem to confuse the standards one might apply to a custom-made knife to factory-made knives, something which is just unrealistic, since custom knives cost many times more, and are made to match the specific tastes of the customer. For those with very specific tastes in stag, or who are dissatisfied with the standard of factory-made knives, I would suggest that the custom route is the way to go (that or moderate your expectations). Mr John Lloyd, for example, does excellent stag, well-matched I am sure, and he has also made Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup:
Love the 2016 - oh well :oops:
View attachment 1164661 Good morning guardians starting the day of turning these little babies into breakfast home fries with the help of this lambsfoot
That knife is a beauty :cool:
Playing with this dynamic duo today
MunHgnW.jpg
Now that's a Dynamic Duo - grats

Nice recipes and pictures!! I am gonna have to hurry and post these comparisons - I have an urge for a snack!!!:D
The older inspirations and the new!!:)
View attachment 1165850 View attachment 1165851
You are definitely one inspired dude - definitively speaking ;)
Charlie, when you see the Rodgers Lambsfoot, especially the one on the bottom of the image, next to your Waynorth, one can only be amazed by the Waynorth. And when you handle the Waynorth, that feeling of amazement increases.
7C6F880A-F037-4D31-885F-9552890E39FB_zps20jly3wm.jpeg
Well said! It is an exceptional example of design and craftsmanship. Magnificent, Charlie :cool:Outta the park :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A great way to start the day! We drink the French roast, and when we have time, use the French press for a treat!:thumbsup:

D3rABPd.jpg
That sir, is a beauty :eek:

Pretty sure I put this one up before but having just chewed out a bank manager on the phone, I'm not feeling too creative - slow deep breaths, think of a peaceful scene...:mad: -> :eek: -> :rolleyes: -> :)
OG
g8KpZhl.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - I love the black sheep with the bell Jack! Very cool! :D

Totin another this afternoon. :)View attachment 1166283

Thanks buddy, that's a cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Love the 2016 - oh well :oops:

That knife is a beauty :cool:

Now that's a Dynamic Duo - grats

You are definitely one inspired dude - definitively speaking ;)

Well said! It is an exceptional example of design and craftsmanship. Magnificent, Charlie :cool:Outta the park :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That sir, is a beauty :eek:

Pretty sure I put this one up before but having just chewed out a bank manager on the phone, I'm not feeling too creative - slow deep breaths, think of a peaceful scene...:mad: -> :eek: -> :rolleyes: -> :)
OG
g8KpZhl.jpg

I got the year wrong! :D That looks splendid OG :) :thumbsup:

The herringbone is a nice background for the AC. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot pal :) One of my wes'kits ;) :D :thumbsup:

Atta Boy! We should ALL hate the Bay Area. :D

Thanks, Jack. The Waynorth Lamb makes a very slender pocket carry. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. :)

I'm going to go out a buy a pitchfork tomorrow John! :mad: :D :thumbsup:

Beautiful knife there my friend :)

Thanks Jack!

Doings some home work before football practice! Then gonna throw a tri tip on the grill!!!

You have a great day Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Lambs....FARFOOTNUGEN!!!!!!!! :D :cool: :D :cool: :D
I see what you did there.
s0210.gif

That brings back some memories Kevin, the Silent Lambsfoot :) I think I must have given away a dozen of those knives, and everyone who has had them has loved them :thumbsup:

dUvq5X2.jpg

Jack Black: I just ran away.
Pertinux: No "just", Jack. What set you off? You started at what time?
Jack Black: Early, still dark.
Pertinux: Then something woke you, didn't it? Was it a dream? What was it?
Jack Black: I heard a strange noise.
Pertinux: What was it?
Jack Black: It was... clanging. Some kind of clanging, like a broken trash compactor.
Pertinux: What did you do?
Jack Black: I went downstairs, outside. I crept up into the barn. I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
Pertinux: And what did you see, Jack? What did you see?
Jack Black: Lambs foot knives. The Lambs foot knives were clanging.
Pertinux: They were throwing away the stainless steel Lambs foot knives?
Jack Black: And they were clanging.
Pertinux: And you ran away?
Jack Black: No. First I tried to buy them. I... I offered money to the vendor, but they wouldn't sell. They just stood there, confused. They wouldn't sell.
Pertinux: But you could and you did, didn't you?
Jack Black: Yes. I took one Lambs foot knife, and I ran away as fast as I could.
Pertinux: Where were you going, Jack?
Jack Black: I don't know. I didn't have any food, any water and it was very cold, very cold. I thought, I thought if I could save just one, but... it was a copy. Just a copy. I didn't get more than a few miles when the sheriff's car picked me up. The vendor was so angry he sent me to live at the Pub in Yorkshire. I never saw the shop again.

Thanks for the link to that old thread, I had a good time reading back through it.
This post form @Woodrow F Call is gold. Gets me laughing every time I read it.

Your lambsfoot sure are building up the miles :D:thumbsup:

Your pic of you fine golden horn Lambsfoot with the F1 engine inspired me to take the one I am posting today.
There might be a small difference in horsepower. :D
Love it, could be a model of my '54 Beetle...I had it painted bright yellow and put a thin racing stripe on.
That little bug could very well be a '54, it does have a oval rear window...kinda poorly done but a oval

Nickle beer?!!! :eek::D
That HHB of yours is lookin' gooooood. :thumbsup:
Bam-Ba- Lamb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Every time you post this, it makes me sing that song in my head.

Valley Jack is here for his last day of his turn as Lambsfoot of the Week for me:
ij-pile-open-shovel-jpg.1165535
VJ doesn't look like he needs a vacation...:D Who's next ?

Have a good week Guardians!
48342064126_5c19b30c77_h.jpg

I see what you did there.
s0210.gif

Thanks for the link to that old thread, I had a good time reading back through it.
This post form @Woodrow F Call is gold. Gets me laughing every time I read it.

Your pic of you fine golden horn Lambsfoot with the F1 engine inspired me to take the one I am posting today.
There might be a small difference in horsepower. :D

That little bug could very well be a '54, it does have a oval rear window...kinda poorly done but a oval

Nickle beer?!!! :eek::D
That HHB of yours is lookin' gooooood. :thumbsup:

Every time you post this, it makes me sing that song in my head.

VJ doesn't look like he needs a vacation...:D Who's next ?

Have a good week Guardians!
48342064126_5c19b30c77_h.jpg

A shame so many of the pics are gone now, but that post of Woodrow's is priceless, one of the funniest I've ever read! :D Fantastic pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:

Back