Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Bay Area Lambsfoot Content

l1U9Jbrh.jpg

It's not all bad, folks.

Was a pocketknife standard issue by the time of the Crimean War? If not, and soldiers had to personally obtain their sharps, I wonder if any Hussars, Lancers, or Light Dragoons had a lambsfoot in their pockets during the famous Charge?

48349024032_efe9a526c2_b.jpg

Good morning, you asked what the covers were on Reaper Al's lamb foot, i am pretty sure they are polished rosewood. I have one and it looks identical to mine. Have a good Sunday mate.
Mr. Black, now be patient with me my friend, am going to try to insert a photo of my polished rosewood lamb foot, and see if you think they are similar.

Sticking with my current theme and Betty.
48327318517_f786743d30_h.jpg
Ebony, Plain Bolster: Betty looks built for the open road, FBC! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Stag HHB: Bucolic Barlow, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

... I’ve had my Waynorth Jigged Bone in my pocket today. It’s really a fantastic knife! :D

48332462997_dd89a4b0bb_b_d.jpg
Waynorth Jigged Bone: Understatement of the Year, Ron! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This one has been passed on to another in the spirit of spreading the word of the mighty Lambsfoot.
18253441174_cc7b558e6d_h.jpg
Anonymous Lambsfoot: Way to Pay it Forward, FBC! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1165232 A little figure to the pile side.
Another Plain Bolster Ebony: Intriguing pile side, Ben! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1165271
Celebrating my birthday early with family. My grandfather gave me a doozy of a present. A Pre-64 Winchester model 88 in 308 Winchester!!! He bought the gun in 1960 for $65. Shot a lot of black tails with it.
Another Waynorth Jigged Bone: Happy Birthday, Taylor! :):cool::thumbsup: That rifle from your grandfather is such a memorable gift, and your lambsfoot is of the highest caliber possible! :eek::cool::cool:

Waynorth Ebony: Byronically lovely, Dwight! :cool::cool::thumbsup: "She walks in beauty, like the night"

For the moment, I’d just like to file a report with GT 5K Qs 5K Qs that my pastie investigations are progressing well.;):D:p
View attachment 1165210
(But my photo framing ability is apparently deteriorating!:D:eek:)

Mah knife did the slicing honours. These are from two of the four bakeries in my small country town - a meat Cornish pastie, and a more modern, square shaped Aussie vegetable pastie.

Although the vegetable pastie appeared to just be carrots, onion and potato, I preferred it, as the ingredients tasted like they were made from fresh vegetables, rather than a frozen premix.
A third Plain Bolster Ebony: Accolades on conducting the research and publishing your results, Chin! :cool::cool:;) I'm especially glad to get your opinion on the veggie pastie; my wife doesn't eat mammals, so I've been trying to convince her she should try a chicken or vegetarian version if (when) we go to a pastie palace. Additional "facts" are always welcome. :p

Morning Guardians, I've got so much work on at the moment! :eek: My Rosewood Big 'Un is going to help me with some of it :thumbsup:

Have a pleasant Sunday folks :thumbsup:

e0A3xMO.jpg

Book, snuff-box and compass picked up in Holmfirth yesterday :)
Big Rosewood: Couple of good old acquisitions, Jack! Too bad the compass doesn't tell you whether you're moving forward or backward in time. :cool::cool::D

I had this beautiful Waynorth out with my .308 Browning X-bolt last weekend:
zhhX8b8.jpg

And yes, those pasties are puff pastry. Not sure if that’s traditional English. Again, the vegie pastie was superior in that regard, being very light and flaky.
A third Waynorth Jigged Bone: Heart-stopping on either side of the equator (or International Date Line)! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the pastie crust details, Chin. I don't expect to see light, flaky crust on the pasties I hope to encounter in a couple of weeks. (Better not mention to my wife that the pastie crust is probably made with lard. :eek:)

Looks good Jack!:thumbsup:
Happy Sunday to all the Guardians.
j0dME10.jpg
Desert Ironwood: That's a dreamboat, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

... I feel bad about neglecting this ole Humphreys Radiant so it’s riding solo in my pocket today! :D

35858019270_36a451b695_b_d.jpg
Humphries Radiant: what a glorious old lamb (or is it old goat), Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I personally appreciate your looking out for the welfare of old goats, sir!! :D

I'm back to Black Jack, my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot, for this week:
pile.V.woods.jpg

- GT

And when you handle the Waynorth, that feeling of amazement increases.
7C6F880A-F037-4D31-885F-9552890E39FB_zps20jly3wm.jpeg
I can only judge by visuals, and yours is looking good, Harvey!;):thumbsup: cigarrodog cigarrodog I had the wrong name down, sorry about that!:(
Gotta have a couple cups of good coffee to start the day Dennis! :thumbsup: :)
Sir, yes sir! Enjoy the simpler things in life, coffee, a Lambsfoot, and maybe a Nectarine !:cool::thumbsup:
that's a beautiful picture of a very handsome Lamb.
Thank you very much John!:):thumbsup:
They are quite abundant here, and I often come across bushes full of fruit on my walks, with nobody having picked them
Exactly, then they complain about the price!o_O:thumbsup:
That's a fine pic :)
Thank you kindly, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
I hope Dennis doesn't mind me answering for him, but that's one of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives with Ironwood scales
:D:thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) I haven't carried my AC in a while, making up for that today :thumbsup:

YkTZDW9.jpg

Have a good week folks :thumbsup:
And...what a grand photo of a gorgeous AC, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians, today again lima bone!;):thumbsup:

1h2nae.jpg
The Force is strong in this one, José!:D:thumbsup:
A good Monday morning to all.:thumbsup:
V88RCwE.jpg
Those would certainly make a morning good! Great photo, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:
I’m carrying this Ebony beauty from Charlie today! :thumbsup: :D

48346802336_457a7e9af7_b_d.jpg
And it certainly is a beauty, Ron! Great shot!:):thumbsup:
The long, slim blade is perfect for the task, whether it's quartering a freestone or slicing pieces off a clingstone.

48346935576_eb6c9e7f30_b.jpg
Great knife, great photo, and cool tip!:cool::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I see your lamb still has the cool pattern of patina.
For now, but it is now starting to darken up and even out.
Have a great week Guardians.
img_2307-jpeg.1166081
:eek:
Stunning knife and excellent photo, Dwight!:):thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
Td8VZV6.jpg
Cool photo, Vince. Love the translucent stag on the top one!:cool::thumbsup:
Like slipjoints, they don't make 'em like they used to.

48348244962_336e2557f6_b.jpg
Cast iron is essential! "The only way to FRY"!:D:rolleyes:o_O:thumbsup:
o03OZlj.jpg

My week got off to a great start -
Memorizing photo, Jack! My lustful eyes keep scanning from one knife to the next!:D:thumbsup:
I think my neighbours must have heard me laughing when I opened the parcel paulhilborn paulhilborn sent me! :D What a fantastic surprise :) It even has a working bell :cool: :thumbsup:

BPLigJw.jpg

which Prester John Prester John kindly sent me, along with a very cool postcard :) :thumbsup:

wTbf6eX.jpg
Very cool mail call! Very cool of Paul and Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
Some comparison shots of what is representative in my current collection:

ykXAYoo.jpg

kHBO2rn.jpg
Very nice comparison shots of three great examples, Dylan!;):thumbsup:
I just ran and took a quick comparison pic for you with a Big 'Un :thumbsup:

28048I7.jpg
Did not realize the WCLF was so long! Nice shot, Jack.:thumbsup:
But on the happy side, the tour season is over and I have my boy back home... at least until he starts college. :)
Sounds like a win, win, win, John! Such a dandy lamb, my friend!
How did your son fair with the band competition?
Totin another this afternoon. :)
img_4198-jpeg.1166283
:D
Very super cool groovy photo, Dwight!:cool::thumbsup:

Wonderful contrast! Grats :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, OG!
That sir, is a beauty :eek:
And thanks again:):thumbsup:
slow deep breaths, think of a peaceful scene...:mad: -> :eek: -> :rolleyes: -> :)
OG
g8KpZhl.jpg
Nothing more irritating than arrogant, and so often wrong, bank folk!:mad:
But what a gorgeous Patter Weld Lambsfoot worry stone!;):thumbsup: Great photo, OG!
Toss in some Lambsfoot content, even better ;) :D :thumbsup:

LOOHHdv.jpg
All that stag goodness would make anything better!;):thumbsup:
Atta Boy! We should ALL hate the Bay Area. :D
Thanks, Jack. The Waynorth Lamb makes a very slender pocket carry. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. :)
That is certainly a 'precious'! Another wonderful shot, Sir John!:):thumbsup:
Have a good week Guardians!
48342064126_5c19b30c77_h.jpg
Great enginuity, Kevin! Cool photo:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Couldn't decide which lambsfoot go with this black cherry pie. ;):D
View attachment 1166346 View attachment 1166347
Well I hope you tried cutting and eating a piece with each knife to be fair!:p:thumbsup: Nice couple to TCB!

l1U9Jbrh.jpg

It's not all bad, folks.
Some handsome horn you have there, and great photo to show it off!:cool::thumbsup:
I wonder if any Hussars, Lancers, or Light Dragoons had a lambsfoot in their pockets during the famous Charge?

48349024032_efe9a526c2_b.jpg
You certainly wouldn't go amiss having one in your pocket during any battle!
Very cool photo!

Today's....
Fbvv6TS.jpg

Now off to Sharkfest!:cool:

Cool photo, Vince. Love the translucent stag on the top one!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis. That is a special one. They all are, really.
Cast iron is essential! "The only way to FRY"!:D:rolleyes:o_O:thumbsup:
I do love cast iron. Sometimes a pain to clean. But I broke my wife's favorite cast iron skillet (which she inherited from her mother) by dropping it. A little nervous about touching her other skillets. But I often use a cast iron dutch oven to cook things like shrimp étouffée.
Today's....
Fbvv6TS.jpg
Mighty fine stag you've got there.

[Just scrolled to the top to verify which thread this is! Sometimes these long multi-posts throw me off, especially since I read several threads regularly.]

Lambsfoot content:
bXfekLN.jpg

Pile side of my Barlow. I really love this one.

Thanks Harvey, I really like the AC, for once there was no mischief with Wright's, and I think every one of them was great :) The only one that had a slight flaw was mine, which has a slightly proud tip :) :thumbsup:

o03OZlj.jpg

My week got off to a great start - I received not just one, but two gift packages from generous Guardians :) :thumbsup:

I think my neighbours must have heard me laughing when I opened the parcel paulhilborn paulhilborn sent me! :D What a fantastic surprise :) It even has a working bell :cool: :thumbsup:

BPLigJw.jpg

There was also a very classy cutlery item, which I'll post in the EDC thread ;)

I'll be chewing over where to hang Paul (and Nanc)'s gift, with these, which Prester John Prester John kindly sent me, along with a very cool postcard :) :thumbsup:

wTbf6eX.jpg

Thank you so much guys, I'm really touched by your kindness :) I hope everyone else's week got off to a great start :) :thumbsup:
Jack, you are so very welcome but my friend, I too laughed when I came across such a fitting ornament for you:p Nanc cast a glance my way as I actually let out a laugh once I spotted the little fella:)
I couldn't wait to send him to his rightful home;) Thank you Jack for the wonderful Lambfoot knives you commission as well as this very special thread:thumbsup: Like Vince, (very nice indeed Vince) I wanted to include some licorice as well as some local items tied to my home town (next package) but time was fleeting:oops:
Alright now, painted ours as well as my Dad's townhouse and garage the last two days with the ebony Lamb helping out on several occasions. The last time it was painted was over 25 years ago, so I feel good that it may have been the last time, at least for me
81WeUD.jpg

J2KtgN.jpg

loEEFz.jpg

OPZGCN.jpg

Thanks, Dennis. That is a special one. They all are, really.

I do love cast iron. Sometimes a pain to clean. But I broke my wife's favorite cast iron skillet (which she inherited from her mother) by dropping it. A little nervous about touching her other skillets. But I often use a cast iron dutch oven to cook things like shrimp étouffée.

Mighty fine stag you've got there.

[Just scrolled to the top to verify which thread this is! Sometimes these long multi-posts throw me off, especially since I read several threads regularly.]

Lambsfoot content:
bXfekLN.jpg

Pile side of my Barlow. I really love this one.
Lovely Barlow, beautiful scales. What is the punishment for breaking a family heirloom skillet?

Looked at the computer screen to find I was 10 pages behind :eek:
And a tip about picking out fruit! There's something you don't see every day around here Thanks kamagong kamagong .
So many great pics, and so little time, I had to cull my responses :rolleyes:
There was something said about the weight of the HH stag - FWIW mine came in at 3.18 ounces.
On to some acknowledgement. I know I've left many deserving folks out. "Sorry about that, chief"

Beautiful pic :thumbsup:

Wonderful contrast! Grats :thumbsup:

Love the 2016 - oh well :oops:

That knife is a beauty :cool:

Now that's a Dynamic Duo - grats

You are definitely one inspired dude - definitively speaking ;)

Well said! It is an exceptional example of design and craftsmanship. Magnificent, Charlie :cool:Outta the park :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That sir, is a beauty :eek:

Pretty sure I put this one up before but having just chewed out a bank manager on the phone, I'm not feeling too creative - slow deep breaths, think of a peaceful scene...:mad: -> :eek: -> :rolleyes: -> :)
OG
g8KpZhl.jpg
Thank you OG. Your Senator Dami Lamb is seriously suitable for framing.

Thanks buddy, that's a cool pic
Gracias amigo.

Atta Boy! We should ALL hate the Bay Area. :D

Thanks, Jack. The Waynorth Lamb makes a very slender pocket carry. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks. :)
She really is a beauty John. He's a pretty good Egg. I mean Ed. :cool:

Way cool Kevin. Love the ultralight engine. :D

FAR OUT MAN!
:cool: Peace out. :D

Awesome horn Greg! Great pic too.

Waynorth Ebony: Byronically lovely, Dwight! :cool::cool::thumbsup: "She walks in beauty, like the night"
I'm back to Black Jack, my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot, for this week:
"He walks in beauty, and he's BLACK as the NIGHT" :eek:

Stunning knife and excellent photo, Dwight!
Thanks brother.

Very super cool groovy photo, Dwight

Another regal relic in worthy repose. I love the accoutrement too.

IMG_3778.jpeg

Back