Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Waynorth Jigged Bone: Understatement of the Year, Ron! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! They are special knives indeed! :) :thumbsup:

Sir, yes sir! Enjoy the simpler things in life, coffee, a Lambsfoot, and maybe a Nectarine !:cool::thumbsup:

And it certainly is a beauty, Ron! Great shot!:):thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment Dennis! :) I’ve not had any nectarines yet this season. I’ve really been enjoying some local fresh peaches. Pam and I really enjoy protein smoothies made with fresh peaches! :thumbsup: :D

Playing with this dynamic duo today
MunHgnW.jpg
Great pic! The handle on your Waynorth looks killer!

Gracias amigo.

She really is a beauty John. He's a pretty good Egg. I mean Ed. :cool:

Way cool Kevin. Love the ultralight engine. :D

:cool: Peace out. :D

Awesome horn Greg! Great pic too.

"He walks in beauty, and he's BLACK as the NIGHT" :eek:

Thanks brother.

:D

Another regal relic in worthy repose. I love the accoutrement too.

View attachment 1166500
Thank you Dwight. Your AC looks quite at home in its’ beautiful surroundings.

Couldn't decide which lambsfoot go with this black cherry pie. ;):D
View attachment 1166346 View attachment 1166347

Mmmmm....:) :) :thumbsup:

Ron lets test out the customs agents see what happens. :thumbsup::p

Do you suspect they might have a finger in every pie Dave?! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Bay Area Lambsfoot Content

l1U9Jbrh.jpg

It's not all bad, folks.

Stunning photo Greg :) :thumbsup:

Was a pocketknife standard issue by the time of the Crimean War? If not, and soldiers had to personally obtain their sharps, I wonder if any Hussars, Lancers, or Light Dragoons had a lambsfoot in their pockets during the famous Charge?

48349024032_efe9a526c2_b.jpg

As far as I know, it was not until the Boer War that pocket knives were issued, but I suspect that soldiers have carried Lambsfoot knives as long as they've been available ;) Nice patina and pic my friend :thumbsup:

Mr. Black, now be patient with me my friend, am going to try to insert a photo of my polished rosewood lamb foot, and see if you think they are similar.

Well done :) They are indeed similar :thumbsup:

Stag HHB: Bucolic Barlow, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm back to Black Jack, my 2018 ebony Guardians lambsfoot, for this week:
View attachment 1166420

- GT

Thanks GT, it's great to see the return of Black Jack :thumbsup:

Exactly, then they complain about the price!o_O:thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup:

And...what a grand photo of a gorgeous AC, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:

Yes, and they are certainly expensive :rolleyes: Thank you very much Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Memorizing photo, Jack! My lustful eyes keep scanning from one knife to the next!:D:thumbsup:

Did not realize the WCLF was so long! Nice shot, Jack.:thumbsup:

Today's....
Fbvv6TS.jpg

Now off to Sharkfest!:cool:

Thanks again Dennis, I like your pic, what an interesting-looking tool :) :thumbsup:

Lovely old Lambsfoot Harvey, and a smashing pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Jack, you are so very welcome but my friend, I too laughed when I came across such a fitting ornament for you:p Nanc cast a glance my way as I actually let out a laugh once I spotted the little fella:)
I couldn't wait to send him to his rightful home;) Thank you Jack for the wonderful Lambfoot knives you commission as well as this very special thread:thumbsup: Like Vince, (very nice indeed Vince) I wanted to include some licorice as well as some local items tied to my home town (next package) but time was fleeting:oops:
Alright now, painted ours as well as my Dad's townhouse and garage the last two days with the ebony Lamb helping out on several occasions. The last time it was painted was over 25 years ago, so I feel good that it may have been the last time, at least for me
:D
81WeUD.jpg

J2KtgN.jpg

loEEFz.jpg

OPZGCN.jpg

You're a great friend Paul :) And a very industrious one, nice work, and wonderful photos of your ebony '18 :) :thumbsup:

Another gorgeous pic Dwight :) :thumbsup:

The site went down as I was posting this, hope I'm able to post it later :thumbsup:

I just cannot believe just how fast this Thread Moves!!!:eek:

I was pleased to see Pauls Present arrived at your doorstep Jack my friend- that was pretty cool of Paul wasnt it! :)

I just want everyone to know that the Photo's here are spectacular! Wow!

Thank you Duncan, it certainly was :) Hope you're keeping well my friend :thumbsup:

Hi Donn - Concerning my Morgan motor car...there are more than you think because they were imported over many decades. Having said that, the Morgan Car Company made few of them and they mostly rotted away (had a wood super structure under the body skins. Mine was a total basket case and I had to replace all the wood, etc. People don't take them out much - garage queens. A pity really. Not very comfortable - like being drug around in a peach crate over a rough road. But, dripping with cool.

Thanks for elaborating! That sounds like pretty much a complete rebuild then.:thumbsup: I've never ridden in one, but I've driven a Caterham, (a more bare bones low 2-seater) which sounds like it was about as comfortable as your Morgan. :eek::D
There very expensive cars over here in the UK nowadays but you still see them about on sunny days (i.e, not often). I hope you get the weather to enjoy yours :thumbsup:
Interesting photo with the book!:thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis. it's actually from an atlas that pre-dates the moon landings. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how you turn the TV off after you've dozed off :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Hey Jack my telly has a snooze function which I can set to turn off after 30 mins or an hour.:thumbsup:

Do you know how to pick a good nectarine?

Nectarines are one of my favorite fruits, behind only mangoes and red seedless grapes. For the longest time I was clueless on how to pick them. Sometimes I would get a sweet, juicy gem, while others left me unsatisfied.

A while back a kind lass at the local Farmers' Market taught me The Secret. She told me to leave the beautiful, gleaming fruit for those obsessed with the superficial and to instead choose their freckled kin. It seems that the freckles on nectarines, much like the freckles on a human's skin, are sun spots. These spots are indications that the nectarine has had more sun exposure, which causes the nectarine to build more sugars, making it sweeter.

Guess which knife I'll be using on this bunch? None other than my WCLF of course. The long, slim blade is perfect for the task, whether it's quartering a freestone or slicing pieces off a clingstone.

48346935576_eb6c9e7f30_b.jpg

Thanks for spilling the beans, I never knew that about nectarines. :thumbsup: And that looks the perfect fruit knife.:thumbsup:

Something that I was thinking about today: I have quite an assortment of Lambsfoot knives now but the one that I currently lack is Wright's Big 'Un. I am not sure how the Waynorth Lamb compares in terms of size but I have very much enjoyed the dimensions. The longer blade gives me more versatility in the cuts I can make, especially when preparing food, but I don't feel put out by the additional length. In fact, I have a knife that can operate like a big knife as well as a small knife and that is something rather remarkable. In my opinion, of course.

Some comparison shots of what is representative in my current collection:

ykXAYoo.jpg

kHBO2rn.jpg

The big 'un is the largest (UK legal) slipjoint I have and is the best for when you need a large robust knife for outdoor work. :thumbsup:
It's also the perfect size for slicing pies.:cool:
qQpqqyJ.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR! @tmd_87 :thumbsup:

5aee53d83ff3763a5c5e142890cc2eba.jpg

Is that all for you Jack? :D

Looked at the computer screen to find I was 10 pages behind :eek:

Pretty sure I put this one up before but having just chewed out a bank manager on the phone, I'm not feeling too creative - slow deep breaths, think of a peaceful scene...:mad: -> :eek: -> :rolleyes: -> :)
OG
g8KpZhl.jpg

Aye I looked at the computer screen once after leaving the computer for about 30 minutes and found this thread had advanced 2 pages... :eek:
Lovely looking damascus there on that mahogany. :thumbsup:

Your pic of you fine golden horn Lambsfoot with the F1 engine inspired me to take the one I am posting today.
There might be a small difference in horsepower. :D

Have a good week Guardians!
48342064126_5c19b30c77_h.jpg

I was chatting to my brother about the F1 engine. Apparently it was burning 20 tonnes of fuel every second! It burned the equivalent amount of fuel every 8 seconds that a 747 would use on a 17 hour flight and just the fuel pump alone was pumping as much fuel every second as a 747 uses on take take off.
Yours looks way more powerful than that though :D:thumbsup:

Couldn't decide which lambsfoot go with this black cherry pie. ;):D
View attachment 1166346 View attachment 1166347

Mmmm....Waynorth lambsfoot....mmmmmm...cherry piiie.....:)

Was a pocketknife standard issue by the time of the Crimean War? If not, and soldiers had to personally obtain their sharps, I wonder if any Hussars, Lancers, or Light Dragoons had a lambsfoot in their pockets during the famous Charge?

48349024032_efe9a526c2_b.jpg

Good question. British Redcoats weren't particularly well provided for (but better than the civilian poor) and I forget the proportion now but many were convicts who'd been given a choice; jail or enlist. I seem to recall reading once they were issued with a tool for maintaining their muskets but I may be mis-remembering the date. Given the appalling funding of the army in the 19th century I'm going to hazard a guess and say they were not issued with a pocket knife.
Just briefly. Many of our towns and cities displayed Russian cannon captured in the Crimea. Most were unfortunately melted down for metal in WWI but a few survived.
F8qZH2A.jpg

Love that shot. :thumbsup:

Wife was doing some British baking so told me to bring the lambsfoot for a picture.
A hot water crust pork pie and a merengue roll elderberry/peach custard. View attachment 1166536

View attachment 1166537

Your British baking looks more British than our British baking....:)

Keeping with the recent navigation theme I remembered I do have one old compass.
dvsHtEu.jpg

Great shots everyone.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a win, win, win, John! Such a dandy lamb, my friend!
How did your son fair with the band competition?
Thank you, Dennis. :)
My son's corps did really well. They went undefeated, they ended their tour in first place in the Open Division, they won the California Championships for the Open Division, and they were 16th overall in the nation. :cool::thumbsup:

That is certainly a 'precious'! Another wonderful shot, Sir John!:):thumbsup:
Thank you again, Dennis. :)

She really is a beauty John. He's a pretty good Egg. I mean Ed. :cool:
Thank you, Dwight. :)
Yes, ED is a great guy for sure. :cool::thumbsup:

Back