Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

IMG_1285.JPG
First... Absolute beauties! :cool::thumbsup:
Second... Shame on you for forgetting your Lamb. :D

Last edited:
I picked up a few old photos of Sheffield in the market the other week. This one features the road I grew up on. Our house was a couple of hundred yards further up the road, and a little smaller, but I lived in one of those houses when I was in my early twenties :)

wGRlCAg.jpg

This photo is taken nearby, and the two bridges shown pan the Porter Brook . Both bridges lead to the dam (or millpond) of Upper Spurgear Wheel . I wonder if the old gent is Mr Ibbotson, the owner of Porter Glen Boating Lake? :rolleyes:

ENOi9p6.jpg

This photo shows one of the entrances to Sheffield Botanical Gardens, and is close to where the Famous Sheffield Shop stands today, and near where @pmew 's grandfather used to live :) :thumbsup:

3bA5r91.jpg

The photos also give me an opportunity to show both sides of my Hartshead Barlow ;) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Bow chicka wow wow... Sultry photo, Harvey.

I picked up a few old photos of Sheffield in the market the other week. This one features the road I grew up on. Our house was a couple of hundred yards further up the road, and a little smaller.

wGRlCAg.jpg

This photo is taken nearby, and the two bridges shown pan the Porter Brook . Both bridges lead to the dam (or millpond) of Upper Spurgear Wheel . I wonder if the old gent is Mr Ibbotson, the owner of Porter Glen Boating Lake? :rolleyes:

ENOi9p6.jpg

This photo shows one of the entrances to Sheffield Botanical Gardens, and is close to where the Famous Sheffield Shop stands today, and near where @pmew 's grandfather used to live :) :thumbsup:

3bA5r91.jpg

The photos also give me an opportunity to show both sides of my Hartshead Barlow ;) :thumbsup:
Those are great photos, Jack. Thanks for sharing them. :cool::thumbsup:

I picked up a few old photos of Sheffield in the market the other week. This one features the road I grew up on. Our house was a couple of hundred yards further up the road, and a little smaller.

wGRlCAg.jpg

This photo is taken nearby, and the two bridges shown pan the Porter Brook . Both bridges lead to Upper Spurgear Wheel . I wonder if the old gent is Mr Ibbotson, the owner of Porter Glen Boating Lake? :rolleyes:

ENOi9p6.jpg

3bA5r91.jpg

Thank you Jack. That was simply wonderful to see both the days of yore, as well as your H.H. Barlow. Do you have a Bowler? Curious.

I had fun hanging out with the Guardians this morning. I finally had the time to "Quote and Reply" to many of you fine Guardians. I'm now going to be headed out to my Mom's place to enjoy a nice Sunday Brunch. I'm throwing my Rosewood in my pocket as there will be meat cutting duties ahead... Have a Great Sunday, All. :cool::thumbsup:

I had fun hanging out with the Guardians this morning. I finally had the time to "Quote and Reply" to many of you fine Guardians. I'm now going to be headed out to my Mom's place to enjoy a nice Sunday Brunch. I'm throwing my Rosewood in my pocket as there will be meat cutting duties ahead... Have a Great Sunday, All. :cool::thumbsup:

You too, John. Lovely lamb. :thumbsup:

wGRlCAg.jpg

ENOi9p6.jpg

3bA5r91.jpg

I love looking at old photos. Thanks for the tour, Jack.

And Good Morning, everyone!
ZBYg9b3.jpg

Thank you kindly, John. Wishing you and yours a fine time at Brunch. Your Rosewood is the perfect tool for your meat cutting duties. Also, nice family portrait of your Lambs.

Jack Black Jack Black Thank you Jack.

Those are great photos, Jack. Thanks for sharing them. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. That was simply wonderful to see both the days of yore, as well as your H.H. Barlow. Do you have a Bowler? Curious.

Thanks gents :) No bowler I'm afraid Harvey, I come from a long line of flat-cap wearers, you needed a bit of money to own a Bowler! :D Like these two fellers at another of the Porter cutlery dams, rough equidistant between photos 1 and 2. They are probably the gaffers! :thumbsup:

G1EbpuH.jpg

The wheel was owned by Harrison Brothers & Howson, who made a fine Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Oh, I would NEVER mix a single malt with anything. Gotta use a blend (Johnnie Walker, Chivas Regal, e.g.).

Good effort John, I hope you have a great day :) :thumbsup:

I love looking at old photos. Thanks for the tour, Jack.

And Good Morning, everyone!
ZBYg9b3.jpg

Thanks Vince, smashing pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Porter Brook, Jack? Why ever did you move away from a brook flowing with porter, you silly boy! ;)

LOL! It is actually named for it's porter-like colour Jeff! :D :thumbsup:

Just put this feller (a very thoughtful gift from Mr @paulhilborn ) up in the hall to guard my flat-cap ;) :thumbsup:

3ZlLNfd.jpg

And now I've got all my jobs done, it's Beer O'Clock :) :thumbsup:

218EfH3.jpg
Very nice gift. :thumbsup:
Had a flat cap just like that one once. Wore them when I was younger. Been watching old Cagney movies, and he often wore one. Used to be very common in the U.S. too back in the '20s and '30s.
And I love those Chimay glasses. May drink my beer today in one. At beer o'clock. ;)

Back