Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

"A Walk in Nature" #7
Reaching the hole in the cliff wall for a pic was a bit challenging at times. :)
M1hSyJp.jpg

T6OJLMs.jpg

oBCIFrz.jpg

8SvkIMR.jpg

ctSFOXM.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

9F18CCD1-6D62-43C9-9E34-802211FDE818.jpeg CC3A0F65-2BDD-4041-873F-1EB794D92CCC.jpeg
Perhaps these are already here, idk. Nice older images though.
Thanks, Neal
Edited, Jack, hope that’s better. Dk about clarity, as I do this all from my phone. Attribution of the images is explained in Jack’s post, 28838. I actually was unsure which Cat. they came from, as source wasn’t cited where I found these, so excellent to know!
Thanks, Jack Black Jack Black !

Last edited:
My mission here is complete :D ;) Great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:
:D:D:D
I love this pic Dave, the knife looks so well-loved :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack, it is my most loved user, I also love the little stag lambsfoot except she only does photo ops. :p
I sometimes carry a smaller knife for the same reason, but 90% of the time, I just reach for my Lambsfoot and use it discreetly, sometimes even not opening the blade the whole way (if I am on public transport for example). I was in a very large open space (Leeds Market food hall) having coffee with a friend yesterday, lots of people there, security guards on hand, and a group of cops having coffee nearby. I used my Hartshead Barlow twice to slice some Yorkshire Parkin, the knife came out did the job, and went back in my pocket, with nobody the wiser. I'm not always so discreet, but so far the only attention my knives have had from strangers has been positive. I really hope it stays that way :thumbsup:
I like a Rebel Jack :thumbsup::cool: I was in a hospital waiting room this afternoon and was sorely tempted to bring out the ebony just for comfort but with half a dozen folks staring at there cell phones I chickened out. :rolleyes::D

Same here, I carried a sheath knife most of my childhood, remember buying a pocket-knife on a school trip, and there was a trip to a local cutlery works where knives were handed out as gifts :rolleyes:
I believe I mentioned before that I received a pocket knife with a Mountie on it when I was but a wee lad.

Morning Guardians, taken me 2 1/2 hours to catch up, I better get on with some work! :eek: Carrying the pocket-hog again today :rolleyes: Have a good one folks :thumbsup:

wrwx5xt.jpg
Jack I'm thinking this HB has to be one of your most photogenic :thumbsup::cool:

PRDkkTx.jpg

Ansel Adams ~ Frozen Lake and Cliffs, The Sierra Nevada, Sequoia Nat'l Park, CA 1932
OG
OG the depth of color on your Waynorth is a nice deep rich chestnut.

From what I've seen, all old Lambsfoot blades eventually become punches! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
Some of us old Lambsfoot owners eventually gain a paunch. :D

Your rosewood HHB is attractive headwear for that carved bear, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Or are you starting a DIY totem pole there? :p (That red car with the fender skirts is cool, but doesn't have much ground clearance. :rolleyes:)
GT sometimes you've got to be a lowrider to be cool :cool: you've got to let your suspenders down once in a while. ;):p

Thank you, John, I was waiting for my wife they were using a scope through her nose and throat to see why she is having trouble swallowing food.
Tell her we are thinking of her.

Found my AC in my pants pocket, it was not there earlier... This knife has become one of my very favourite knives ever
It's a magic knife... Disappears and reappears.

"A Walk in Nature" #7
Reaching the hole in the cliff wall for a pic was a bit challenging at times. :)
M1hSyJp.jpg

T6OJLMs.jpg

oBCIFrz.jpg

8SvkIMR.jpg

ctSFOXM.jpg

Album:

Stunning pics Dan, thank you for sharing them, and for all the trouble you've taken to take this great photo series :thumbsup:

View attachment 1182467 View attachment 1182468 View attachment 1182469 Perhaps these are already here, idk. Nice older images though.
Thanks, Neal

Why post all these non-lambsfoot knives in the lambsfoot thread? Please read post #1.

Prester John Prester John -because they contain examples of early American productions of Lambsfoot Knives? Certainly I can remove it if it’s troublesome.
Thanks , Neal

Well, it's certainly interesting. I just noticed a couple of lambsfoots and a whole bunch of other shapes. Thought Jack might object, but his call, of course.

Those images have been posted on The Porch a number of times, including by myself. SOME of the images have been posted, more than once, here in the Lambsfoot thread. Neal, I've seen your post on my phone and on my PC, on the PC the post doesn't look so good as the images are of a different size, and the larger image (which if I recall correctly is from an old Simmons catalogue) doesn't contain any Lambsfoot content. The other images do not contain examples of early American productions of Lambsfoot knives, they are in fact taken from the 1897 Taylor's Eye Witness catalogue, a Sheffield company, still in existence. For those who enjoy old cutlery images, there's a dedicated thread here on The Porch. I have posted all the images I have from the 1897 catalogue there. As there are only 3 Lambsfoot knives shown in the two TEW images, perhaps you could crop the images or otherwise edit your post Neal? Always great to see old Lambsfoot pics, and I think it's legitimate to post other images in relation to a specific discussion. One of the problem with posting images of other knives is that they can then attract comments and discussion which is not appropriate to this thread. When images are posted it's important that they be correctly attributed, otherwise we risk misleading anyone who reads this thread :thumbsup:

I can’t find my AC lambsfoot send up some prayers hopefully at work in my desk.....

Found my AC in my pants pocket, it was not there earlier... This knife has become one of my very favourite knives ever

Phew! Glad you found it :) :thumbsup:

Fading light with Guardians Ebony:thumbsup:
iDdKZL.jpg

GDaNXD.jpg

Fantastic pics Paul :) :thumbsup:

:D:D:D

Thank you, Jack, it is my most loved user, I also love the little stag lambsfoot except she only does photo ops. :p

I like a Rebel Jack :thumbsup::cool: I was in a hospital waiting room this afternoon and was sorely tempted to bring out the ebony just for comfort but with half a dozen folks staring at there cell phones I chickened out. :rolleyes::D

I believe I mentioned before that I received a pocket knife with a Mountie on it when I was but a wee lad.

Jack I'm thinking this HB has to be one of your most photogenic :thumbsup::cool:

OG the depth of color on your Waynorth is a nice deep rich chestnut.

Some of us old Lambsfoot owners eventually gain a paunch. :D

GT sometimes you've got to be a lowrider to be cool :cool: you've got to let your suspenders down once in a while. ;):p

I like 'Rebel Jack' as a pattern name Dave! :D

The way things are here, you're risking getting jumped on by a SWAT team getting your pocket knife out in a public place! o_O

Funnily enough, the knife I bought on the school trip and your Mountie knife would have been made by the same company, Richards of Sheffield :)

Thank you my friend, I've come to really like the Hartshead Barlow :)

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, John, I was waiting for my wife they were using a scope through her nose and throat to see why she is having trouble swallowing food.

That's an unpleasant procedure Dave, I hope Linda is going to be OK :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :) It's only taken me an hour to catch up this morning ;) :thumbsup:

kok2qWo.jpg

In this "blast from the past" post, I'll focus primarily on ebony lambsfoots in some old posts I've read.

Thanks. OG.
Betty helped make some guacamole.
48562106091_64afae1e4d_h.jpg

I might have a little too much extra time today. :D
Bam-Ba-Lamb! ;):cool::thumbsup: Betty is an ebony queen who's willing to help out in the kitchen! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Took my son out for some Chinese food...
Good Morning Guardians
John, your ebony WCLF is a multicultural wonder: Canadian-designed American lambsfoot that enjoys Chinese food, Hungarian puzzles, and California living! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

We are approaching the 1,500 page mark and I want to compute some more statistics like I did to celebrate the 1,000 page mark. If you have any ideas for fun stats, please PM me and I’ll see what I can do.
Thanks for checking in, Greg. :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
I look forward to seeing some of your thread stats for 1500 pages! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'll have to think about questions I'd like answered statistically. Might be kind of interesting to see the magnitude of jumps in thread "traffic" after each of Jack's SFOs, but I don't know if that's a feasible data collection task.
Here's a link to Greg's post with some "millennial stats":
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-1003#post-18974495

"A Walk in Nature" #4
The last couple days I've come across 3 different trees/bushes with red berries and small fruits.
I don't have a clue about botany or anything relating to plants and trees.
However I enjoy taking a moment to stop and capture the moment along with my lambsfoot.
a4Npipo.jpg

Album:
I'm really enjoying your photo series of your ebony lambsfoot out in nature, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Such a nice finish on your knife's handle!

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've no plans to go anywhere today, plenty of stuff to do in the house, and I kind of fancy giving my feet a rest (70,000 steps since Monday)! :D :thumbsup:
Sunday Sausage Sandwich! ;) :D :thumbsup:

DSg5pXT.jpg
Big walking week, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I was proud of myself for meeting my goal of at least 10000 steps each of the 15 days we were away for vacation. :) Our daughter joined us at our rental cottage for the final 4 days of our time there (including the drive home), and each morning she made herself a couple of fried sausage patties and a fried egg that she put on a toasted English muffin with cheese. Reminded me of Sausage Sandwich Sunday on 4 consecutive weekdays! :D:thumbsup::cool:

More walking sticks and Ebony Lambfoot.
The sticks are Diamond willow (3) and Bamboo (1). My Grandad used to love carving and whittling on them. He worked on the one with the leather handle and I finished it many years ago, after he passed. The others were acquired more recently and worked on by me and my 2 sons. Also have a lamp he made out of a chunk of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_willow

x8rSh9q.jpg

Those walking sticks are super-cool, Mark, and the photo with your ebony Waynorth lambsfoot is superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'm glad you could find little lost Stella (we have the ashes of our old Stella, a toy poodle, on the living room mantle)! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: The Loess Hills amazed me when we drove out to the IA-NE border one summer! :cool::cool:

Working on some photos today, so this seems to be an appropriate place for this one.
View attachment 1180975
Dynamic duo, @E40; I think the ebony model is especially classy! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I’m carrying my new ebony today. This one had a lot of issues when it arrived. I was able to get the blade pretty centered and remove the blade play. Sanded and buffed the bolsters. It still has gaps in the back spring/liners but it will do. ...
View attachment 1181019
Congrats on using your skills to improve the condition of your new ebony lambsfoot, Jon! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wish I had the talent to fix up some of my knives that aren't what they could/should be!

Sounds like a proper vacation! Sometimes it's good to unplug and relax...

Welcome back. :)
Thanks, Greg. :)

That's what vacations are supposed to be about. Hope you are rested a re-charged. :cool::thumbsup:

Do I get a Gold Star?
Actually, my students get "No Aliens" stickers on there tests, I got the stickers from @r8shell :cool::thumbsup:

I hope Cracker Jack enjoyed the vacation too. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for your thoughtful comments, John. :)
Cracker Jack and I are both better for the vacation experience! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary! :) Hope you and your family had a great vacation! :thumbsup: :)
Thanks, Ron. :) It was a great time, even though some long-standing vacation traditions (most notably, Rummikub tournament and jigsaw puzzle(s)) didn't happen.

...Great to see you back Gary, but you can't spend your vacation trying to keep up with this thread my friend :D Cracker Jack is looking good in that excellent pic :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

After a good vacation, I wish all the Guardians a good week.
Now I'm reviewing my flock.;):thumbsup:

Impressive flock photo, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Decades ago, there was an American TV show called "Eight Is Enough". Do you think that title applies to your lambsfoot collection? :D

Man Jack has some file work on the spring and liners, and stag thickness that's just about perfect for me.
senator.spine.jpg

- GT

Back