Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Enjoyed totin' this Lambsfoot the last couple of days.
qHynF7L.jpg

....................That's another great pic Mark, I like a morel myself :) :thumbsup:

Life is good, and even better with a Lambsfoot! :D Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope you have a fantastic time visiting my Celtic neighbours Bill :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a lot of fun John, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

F-A-B Dennis ;) :thumbsup:

Great stuff Preston :) I could do with a rest myself, I have walked 30 miles since my guest arrived Thursday night, and it has all been on pavement :rolleyes:

Stunning pic Dwight :thumbsup:

Glad you're enjoying it Rachel :) Yep, the pin is there OK ;) :thumbsup:

Smashing Harvey! :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack.:thumbsup: Morels are among the most interesting looking for sure and probably my favorite mushroom to eat.

Fantastic picture, Mark. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you John!:thumbsup:

-.-- --- ..- ' .-. . / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . :D

It's a blessing and a curse. :p

I see wood and horn and stag and...
0AV02o6.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great variety there.:thumbsup:

Cool pic of your ironwood lambs foot an that old rodnreel, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

..........................Here's another recent pic of Union Jack, pile side today:
View attachment 1178175

- GT
Thanks Gary! Lovely shot of UJ's backside.:)

Great pics of the stick with your ebony WCLF and stag HHB, Mark! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Is the stick from the same grandfather who had the dated baseball?

Congrats on the thoughtful gifts, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Kudos for your generosity, Dennis! :):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliment, Jeff; just trying to give as good as I get around The Porch! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. :) I guess I'm not going to reproduce your results just by using "elbow grease"! :eek::rolleyes:

Excellent detectin', Vince! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on a winning pair, Jon! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I try to restrict my and my knives' time in the sun each day, Harvey. ;):thumbsup:
That red jigged bone looks great; I can't keep track of all the marvelous vintage lambsfoot examples you're hunting down! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:;)

Thanks, Jack; I seem to take a lot of good photos while I'm up here. :):cool:

Have a fantastic hike, Jack, and I hope your back doesn't interfere with your plans and enjoyment. :cool::cool::)

I remember this photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the compliments, Dennis. :)
I hope you can get the seizures under control and get out for a while in the near future! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Here's a strange photo of Union Jack with the evening sun lighting him up and turning him into golden rosewood!
View attachment 1178176

- GT
Thanks for the nice words Gary.:thumbsup: Yes sir, same Grandfather with the baseball. (paternal) I lived with my grandparents from about age 12 to my 16th birthday and have been on my own ever since.;) Always enjoy your photos of UJ in different settings.:cool: Hope you had a fantastic vacation my friend!

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb Thank you kindly Mark.

@5K Qs Thank you G.T. For the nice things you said. In the future, every time I see Union Jack, I’ll be reminded of those warm, Sunny waterfront days of your vacation. I didn’t think that second image of Union Jack was strange. Rather liked it, especially the Mason Jar beer glass.

Good Morning Guardians. Thought of all the Canadian Guardians when my neighbor/friend came home from a driving trip to Canada, with a case of Molson Export Ale. I exchanged with him a bottle of Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout for one.
F36AC788-8054-4FDF-B185-F6606805FC81_zps0wdq1eba.jpeg
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Great pic Harvey. That Snakewood /Damascus combo is beautiful!

Thanks so much Mark! :) That’s a terrific photo of your Hartshead and the wooden calipers! :thumbsup: :cool:

Thanks Gary! We had a great trip. :thumbsup: :)
:thumbsup:Thank you Ron!

Great tools, Mark!!:thumbsup:

Yes....yes it does!;):thumbsup:

-. .. -.-. . / - --- ..- -.-. .... / .-. .- -.-. .... . .-..
:D:thumbsup:

Dandy hurd you got going!:cool::thumbsup:

Looking good, Gary!
Would that be called a 'pile-Jack'?:D:thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Gary! We'll get there eventually!;):thumbsup:

Awsome! Stunning coloring!
Maybe UJ had a little too much ale,...feeling 'light headed'?!:D:rolleyes::p (I'm really sorry for these, Gary!o_O)
Thanks Dennis! Always appreciate your thoughtful posts!

Thanks chaps your welcome. There maybe some more ancient church stuff next week. :thumbsup:

What a beautiful walking stick and a great gift from your grandad.

Oh now that's cool. :cool::thumbsup: Watermills and windmills. I can sit there and watch them all day long. :cool:

And that's cool to. I've never seen a wooden caliper before.:thumbsup: Great shot.

Errr.....Pies. :D

That's a cracking photo! The sun does wonders with the colours in the wood.:thumbsup:

Great pics Jack! Looks like you found some sun at least. :thumbsup:

Hang on. You've read it from the start and it's only taken you...two months...???!!:eek::eek::D

That's a great looking twin-blade. There very hefty knives; I reckon pretty indestructable. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the music festival, it sounds like a fun weekend. :thumbsup:

Well just in from work, so a couple of hours kip then I'm off for a few days to the wilds of North Yorkshire to help set up a beer festival :thumbsup:
Oh, and drink at the beer festival to.:cool:
So a recycled pic of the Big'un that will be seeing some use to be sure. :thumbsup:
k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Hope everyone has an equally great weekend. :)
Thanks for the nice compliments @donn . Absolutely loved the ancient door and these wood statues are simply amazing. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us!:cool:

Last edited:
I'm glad you found her dog, Mark. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John. :thumbsup: Amazing how attached we become to our faithful companions isn't it?

Good Sunday Morning, All!
I'm in the same boat as Mark, hope to catch up later today. GREAT posts and photos over the last couple of days!

Cool pic Dennis! I've enjoyed all your recent photos my friend. Hope you're getting along well.

Wow! Those are really beautiful Mark, fantastic photos, just incredible :) :thumbsup:

That looks great Al, I'm going to have to give a cobbler a try :) I bet it tastes even better than it looks too :) :thumbsup:

That movie looks very good Rachel, thanks for the recommendation :cool: I was thinking of going to see this one...

If I can get Wright's to do one in bone, it'll almost certainly be camel bone. They have suggested using Pere David stag, sanded down and polished, but nice though I'm sure that would look, I don't think it's the same :thumbsup:

Smashing pics, and a happy ending Mark :) :thumbsup:

Great stuff John :) :thumbsup:

Very cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

I was going to make pasta for lunch, but I'm on my own today, and I have a lot of crumble needs eating - It's a hard job, but someone has to do it! ;) So I just had coffee and a sandwich. Big 'Un did the work ;) :thumbsup:

lMIbu55.jpg

xg7Boxb.jpg

C9ywwU2.jpg
Thanks Jack! Yes, the happy ending was the best part!;) Wow that bread looks tasty next to your Rosewood!

Lovely sticks Jack! Thanks for showing and sharing some of their history.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. The look and ambiance of Il Paradiso is exactly what the Chef/Owner envisioned. My kind of place. Great images from your posts. Now about that bread. I love bread. That loaf looks heavenly.

@r8shell Thank you for the trailer, Rachel. A World that has never heard of the Beatles or their songs? I can’t picture that.:eek: They were like my older Brothers introducing me to a different way of life. I will see that movie. The brief bits of Beatle covers in the trailer sounds great.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb I am so happy that Stella was found. Must have caused a great deal of anxiety inducing worry. Those walking sticks are gorgeous family heirlooms. Many fine images.

@mitch4ging Hope you’re having a good Sunday, Dennis.

Good Afternoon Guardians. There are so many exceptional images from all of you. Today’s Guardian Journal is brilliant.

1C0DB0E5-EF94-4146-A75A-5B0F1BA13AA3_zps9ow4p1at.jpeg
Thanks so much Harvey for the kind words about Stella! Yes, the anxiety and worry were a bit overwhelming. :eek: Only to be bested by the relief and joy of having our perseverance pay off! Also, thanks for the compliments on the walking sticks.:thumbsup:
I really love the Stag on your HHB!:cool:

Those walking sticks are super-cool, Mark, and the photo with your ebony Waynorth lambsfoot is superb! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'm glad you could find little lost Stella (we have the ashes of our old Stella, a toy poodle, on the living room mantle)! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: The Loess Hills amazed me when we drove out to the IA-NE border one summer! :cool::cool:

Dynamic duo, @E40; I think the ebony model is especially classy! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on using your skills to improve the condition of your new ebony lambsfoot, Jon! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wish I had the talent to fix up some of my knives that aren't what they could/should be!

Thanks, Greg. :)

Thanks for your thoughtful comments, John. :)
Cracker Jack and I are both better for the vacation experience! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron. :) It was a great time, even though some long-standing vacation traditions (most notably, Rummikub tournament and jigsaw puzzle(s)) didn't happen.

Thanks, Jack. :)

Impressive flock photo, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Decades ago, there was an American TV show called "Eight Is Enough". Do you think that title applies to your lambsfoot collection? :D

Man Jack has some file work on the spring and liners, and stag thickness that's just about perfect for me.
View attachment 1182658

- GT
Thanks GT! I remember you mentioning your Stella before. Amazing the impact dogs can have on us! The Loess hills sure are a unique system of hills on an otherwise boring (but fertile:)) plain.
That filework is really interesting and not the typical variety. It looks carved into the backspring never reaching the edges, if that makes sense.:thumbsup::cool:

PRDkkTx.jpg

Ansel Adams ~ Frozen Lake and Cliffs, The Sierra Nevada, Sequoia Nat'l Park, CA 1932
OG
OG, your Waynorth is a beautiful example! :thumbsup: I always love to see the Ansel Adams prints. In 2015 while Pam and I were in Savannah they had this exhibit at SCAD, Savannah College of Art and Design.
(SCAD Museum of Art presents “In Passing: American Landscape Photography,” a group exhibition profiling historic and contemporary photographs of the American landscape. With images dating from 1938 to the present, the exhibition includes significant works by Ansel Adams, Aaron Brumbelow, Tom Fischer, Jeff Rich, Victoria Sambunaris and Rebecca Norris Webb.) So many beautiful and iconic photos of America! :D

Fading light with Guardians Ebony:thumbsup:
iDdKZL.jpg

GDaNXD.jpg
Great photos Paul! :thumbsup: The 2018 Ebony is a special Lambsfoot! :)

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good week :) It's only taken me an hour to catch up this morning ;) :thumbsup:

kok2qWo.jpg
Good morning Jack! I love the Hartshead and your Guardians cap. :thumbsup: I got to see Charlie’s @waynorth cap at the Rendezvous! :) It’s amazing how skilled Barry @gunstockjack is with a needle! ;) He must still have blisters on his fingers! :eek: :D I’m devoting well over two hours a day to the forum. Usually at least an hour in the mornings including taking my photos for the day if required and more time throughout the day. Of course, I choose to do this and I do enjoy the time. I will say that if I wasn’t retired I couldn’t do it. ;)

For Wooden Wednesday......... :thumbsup:

48591594626_ae08bca426_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, John, I was waiting for my wife they were using a scope through her nose and throat to see why she is having trouble swallowing food.
Dave, please tell your wife I was just in that very situation. Ended up having an endoscopy and for me it is a game changer:thumbsup: The Doc said they stretched my esophagus to the max (22mm) and I haven't experienced this much relief in years (two at least):)
Now I'm not sure of her diagnosis but if that's what they go with, the procedure works well:thumbsup:

Back