Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Dave, please pass along mine and Kim's best wishes, you guys will be in our prayers!:)

Good to hear, hope they find what's wrong quickly!!:thumbsup::oops:
Dennis and Kim thank you ever so much for your prayers and concern. We should hear how the first test went today. :)
Also, Linda is touched by all of the Guardians thoughts, prayers, and positive encouragements.

Almost Friday. C'mon weekend!
RydKhl4.jpg

Hmmm. Lovely examples of rosewood, ironwood, ebony, and stag on this page, but no horn yet. Ok. I’ll take one for the team and carry this one to make an ordinary Thursday a little more special. :)

sCc6bCdh.jpg

Recycled photo, but that coffee cup is in my left hand as I tap out this message on my iPad with my right. ;)

Last edited:
"Good shopping". Hope you snag a bargain or two.:):thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I didn't get a sausage unfortunately :( But I did enjoy lots of laughs and ate some cake! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Very nice selection, Jack!:eek::thumbsup: As a "forced" collector now, I appreciate them now. I keep one in the car, one in the truck, and a couple in the house. Need to get a couple more wooden ones, and use the metal folders as backup.

What...no Oosik?:rolleyes::D

Thank you very much, Harvey! Hope your vacation went well!!:):thumbsup:

Dave, please pass along mine and Kim's best wishes, you guys qill be in our prayers!:)

Great Lambsfoot Guardian Overwatch photo, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

What a real beauty, Gary!!:eek::thumbsup:

Very nice on both sides of your HHB, José!:cool::thumbsup:

And looking very good!:thumbsup:

....oh, oh, pick me Teach, I know!:p:thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Dennis :) I bought myself a staff recently, that's quite fun, but I'm glad I don't actually need to carry it at the moment :thumbsup:

Mine today, along with a great little map light via Leeds, England!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!!
View attachment 1183002

Looks like you're well-equipped my friend :) :thumbsup:

Stellar Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like a new comic book series to me..."Lambsfoot in Space"! :D:thumbsup:

They do have Superpowers!:D:cool::thumbsup:

Have a great day at it, Jack!:):thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks a lot buddy, hope you're having a good one there :) I was hoping to get 30 minutes on the couch this afternoon, but no chance of that I'm afraid :rolleyes: Taking 'ahr lass' out later ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! I do stay busy, some days more so than others! I really do enjoy BladeForums and all the great folks here! :D :thumbsup:

Dennis my friend, I appreciate your kind words. :thumbsup:

It's always great to have you here Ron :) :thumbsup:

Pleasant surprise in the mailbox after work today - L'il one in rosewood. The swayback has arrived :D

SOIofEP.jpg

It's been a couple of years since my last Lambsfoot, and I have to say, this one is really well done. A good flushing and a little work on the edge, and it's good to go. Snappy little bugger! The pull is around an 8, but I think it'll break in nicely. Now I need a Big 'un :)

Nice Mike :) :thumbsup:

It's been a couple of years since my last Lambsfoot...

Say 2 'Our Father's, 3 'Hail Mary's, and promise not to sin again my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Wow! Congratulations! It looks great! I don't recall having seen a rosewood l'il one before, but I like it. :) :thumbsup:

Between your new one and the horn one that @Modoc ED has been showing, I'll have to be careful to not end up "needing" a l'il one of my own. ;)

Me neither Greg, though Wright's do a huge number of patterns :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! Just a little brainstorm while I was walking my dog. He should probably get paid for all of the ideas that come to me while we are strolling. :)

My, there're a lot of thingies on that thing. ;)

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dennis, I am progressing.

Good to hear Jeff :) :thumbsup:

“To Market, to market.” In style with your Hartshead Barlow. Have fun. Thank you Jack. The Lambsfoot knife commemorating the First Columbia Mission(STS-1), is out of this world.
83870953-89C6-4B3F-9A3A-D9FAE9E56308_zpstwvlpmrm.jpeg

A Coachman would be wonderful.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you John. I’m thrilled to have any version.

@mitch4ging Thank you Dennis.

Many thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Morning Dave. :thumbsup: Good looking Rosewood!
Tell Linda we are all pulling for her (and you as her support.)

+1 :) :thumbsup:

Almost Friday. C'mon weekend!
RydKhl4.jpg

Fantastic photo Mark :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Strong black coffee and a Lamb to match. Starting the day right...

:thumbsup:

I’ve got my Stag Hartshead today! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

48598892751_c5baff4139_b_d.jpg

That sure is some beautiful stag there Ron :) :thumbsup:

Hmmm. Lovely examples of rosewood, ironwood, ebony, and stag on this page, but no horn yet. Ok. I’ll take one for the team and carry this one to make an ordinary Thursday a little more special. :)

sCc6bCdh.jpg

Recycled photo, but that coffee cup is in my left hand as I tap out this message on my iPad with my right. ;)

Great to see that one again Greg :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, mid afternoon here, and I hope everyone is having a great day :) This week has flown, Friday tomorrow! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

FbnMcD2.jpg

That's a downside to the lambsfoot I suppose. I don't think it ages as well as other patterns.
Enjoyable discussion Christian, I'm glad you quoted Greg's post as I missed it before :thumbsup: I'm not sure the Lambsfoot ages any worse than other patterns though, the point of a Wharncliffe blade is more susceptible to accidental breakage and wear and tear I think, Clips can lose their belly or end up as a recurve. The Sheepsfoot has more steel of course, but how many folks these days sharpen a knife to the point they'll wear it out (the good thing about the Sheepsfoot is that it will probably end up as a Lambsfoot!)? I've seen numerous heavily used Lambsfoot blades, which while they've lost a lot of steel, still have a point and a straight edge :thumbsup: ...
Seems like a valid concern, Christian. Thanks for persuasively addressing the concern, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Just to Compare. Small (Pruner); Standard; Big Un

bmhL1Ht.jpg

Not much difference between the Small and Standard (about 3/16") but enough to make the Small a better fit in a watch pocket.
Thanks for the helpful comparison shot, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My first post in this thread, does this count...........

xX0TOzD.jpg
That's a cool old knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I know you mentioned a little about its history in a subsequent post, but without more details, I apparently don't have enough imagination to grasp what you did. :rolleyes:

I am hangin' with Jake today.
48586202341_351a4d55af_h.jpg
FBC, Jake looks right at home with some of his more experienced tool kin! :cool::cool:;)

Nice stag on that senator!
Thanks, Vince. :) (I showed off the best side first, you know. :rolleyes:)

"A Walk in Nature" #7
Reaching the hole in the cliff wall for a pic was a bit challenging at times. :)
ctSFOXM.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
More very enjoyable pics, Dan! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the one in which you sacrifice your ebony lamb on a rocky altar to Poseidon, the sea god! :D:rolleyes:

I can’t find my AC lambsfoot send up some prayers hopefully at work in my desk.....
Glad you found it so quickly! :):cool::thumbsup:

GT sometimes you've got to be a lowrider to be cool :cool: you've got to let your suspenders down once in a while. ;):p
:p:D Dave, the whole point of my switch to suspenders was to eliminate the lowrider look of my pants; I got tired of saggin' all the time! :eek::thumbsup:

Thank you, John, I was waiting for my wife they were using a scope through her nose and throat to see why she is having trouble swallowing food.
I hope the tests lead to an improvement for her, Dave!

Enjoyed totin' this Lambsfoot the last couple of days.
qHynF7L.jpg
Your horn lambsfoot is very handsome, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Pile side view!;):thumbsup:

Superior stag HHB, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Decisions... Decisions... Which one will get carried today?
You've got two pockets ...
John, @AnW brings up an important fact that influences my carry decisions. ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary! Lovely shot of UJ's backside.:)

Thanks for the nice words Gary.:thumbsup: Yes sir, same Grandfather with the baseball. (paternal) I lived with my grandparents from about age 12 to my 16th birthday and have been on my own ever since.;) Always enjoy your photos of UJ in different settings.:cool: Hope you had a fantastic vacation my friend!
Thanks for the encouraging words, Mark. :)
Our vacation was very satisfying, and I'm looking forward to heading back in 49 weeks and 2 days, but who's counting?! :p:thumbsup::cool:

I started calling him that as he's sporting a tater patina.

DSC-2941.jpg
I like Tater's patina a lot! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Did you just stick him "up to the hilt" into a raw potato? How long did you leave him that way?

Thanks GT! I remember you mentioning your Stella before. Amazing the impact dogs can have on us! The Loess hills sure are a unique system of hills on an otherwise boring (but fertile:)) plain.
That filework is really interesting and not the typical variety. It looks carved into the backspring never reaching the edges, if that makes sense.:thumbsup::cool:
Happy Hump-day Guardians!
Y1jad95.jpg
Thanks again for your responses, Mark; Man Jack's file work IS quite interesting. :)
Your stag HHB has captivating toasty coloration! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Dave, prayers up for your wife. Swallowing is kind of important!

RALF and me with some green tea this morning.
2KDdnNY.jpg
Are you doing OK with the whole swallowing thing after the neck/throat surgery, Jeff?

PRDkkTx.jpg

Ansel Adams ~ Frozen Lake and Cliffs, The Sierra Nevada, Sequoia Nat'l Park, CA 1932
OG
For Wooden Wednesday......... :thumbsup:

48591594626_ae08bca426_b_d.jpg
OG & Ron, you certainly have unforgettable examples of the cutler's art, thanks to Charlie's efforts!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians! Jelly is making a Lambsfoot believer of me! Such a great blade profile, makes a great slicer, great control with the pointy, narrow tip. And good looks to boot!
tnFBA9O.jpg
Your jigged LFNT is a KO!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Good morning, Guardians!
nBDPlG1.jpg

Up and at 'em!
Vince, you sure have some splendid knife pics with watery backgrounds! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Dave, please tell your wife I was just in that very situation. Ended up having an endoscopy and for me it is a game changer:thumbsup: The Doc said they stretched my esophagus to the max (22mm) and I haven't experienced this much relief in years (two at least):)
Now I'm not sure of her diagnosis but if that's what they go with, the procedure works well:thumbsup:
Glad you're feeling so much better, Paul, after what sounds like quite dramatic and "invasive" surgery! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

UguDdlZh.jpg

Sheffield Pocket Watch.
Very nice, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::cool: One of my grandfathers taught me to tell time like that when I was quite young. At that time, Michigan did not switch to DST during the summer, so when the state DID eventually switch a few years later, we had to adjust our procedure.

:D Thanks GT!

You've had quite the dazzling array of lambs on display over the last few weeks as well!
Thanks, Matt. :)

I carry a lambsfoot...

dYvZ4iAh.jpg

... because some dog treats are too darn big*.

* - My dogs wish to inform you that they do not share this opinion.
:D:thumbsup::D Seeing another entry from the originator of the "I carry a lambsfoot" theme is always enjoyable, Greg.

Oh I still have plenty of other want. ;)

And need, for that matter: my whittling knives still see plenty of use. They just don't ride in my pocket very often anymore.

I'll admit that I thought you might have a reaction to that statement. :D
Thanks for acknowledging my predictable comments on the absolute hegemony of the lambsfoot. :rolleyes:;):thumbsup:

... and I still find use for a punch and a cap lifter from time to time.

A harness jack with a lambsfoot main would be an incredible work knife. Or, a split-back whittler with lambsfoot main and punch and cap lifter secondaries would be a fantastic work and after-work knife.

One can dream... :D
You may say Greg's a dreamer,
But he's not the only one. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I still say it... Way Cool A Go Go :cool::thumbsup:

Here ya go, GT... Space Lamb with Regular Rosewood
Hey, I like that fusion of a couple of '60s phrases, John! :D:cool::cool:
Thanks for the comparison shot! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was struggling to get to the end of my street a few years ago GT. Still can't walk like I used to, but definitely suffering less :) That's a tremendous effort my friend, nice that your daughter was able to join you on vacation, must have seemed like old times :) I enjoyed your ebony review, and it's nice to see that view of Man Jack :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind comments, Jack. :) I'm glad you've improved your walking capabilities. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@5K - Thank you GT. Beautiful file work on your Senator, GT.
I was never going to show this knife, but John JohnDF JohnDF encouraged me to do so. Thank you John.

Teamed up with my Seiko WN-1(Think Earth Watch).
E339BD60-2308-44A2-8158-3BF60D40087D_zpsbuitislc.jpeg
Thanks for the compliment Gary, nice to see more of Man Jack :) :thumbsup:

Definitely one to show off Harvey, I'm very proud of the one JohnDF JohnDF very kindly gifted me :) :thumbsup:

in8Tv2k.jpg

Harvey and Jack, thanks for your compliments for Man Jack. :)
Your Space Shuttle lambsfoots are such ingenious commemoratives! ;):cool::cool: Hard to believe that flight occurred almost 40 years ago! :eek:

What a real beauty, Gary!!:eek::thumbsup:
Man Jack is looking Marvelous, My Man! :D:cool:
Mine today, along with a great little map light via Leeds, England!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!!
View attachment 1183002
Thanks for all your compliments to everyone, including me, Dennis. :)
Your stag HHB is grand! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pleasant surprise in the mailbox after work today - L'il one in rosewood. The swayback has arrived :D

SOIofEP.jpg

It's been a couple of years since my last Lambsfoot, and I have to say, this one is really well done. A good flushing and a little work on the edge, and it's good to go. Snappy little bugger! The pull is around an 8, but I think it'll break in nicely. Now I need a Big 'un :)
Congrats on the addition, Mike; that's a terrific trio you have! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks so much Gary, don't even think, I want to increase my herd!;):thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup: I hope you soon have another addition to your flock, José! :cool:

Good morning Guardians.:):thumbsup:

Your striped ironwood is outstanding!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Man Jack is still with me:
senator.patina.wholeknife.jpg

- GT

Thank you for the kind words Dennis :) I bought myself a staff recently, that's quite fun, but I'm glad I don't actually need to carry it at the moment :thumbsup:
That staff should come in handy when you need to cross a stream over a log and some knave is trying to come the other way. Smite his pate!
Vince, you sure have some splendid knife pics with watery backgrounds! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks, Gary, but Jack's the King of Watery Backgrounds!

It's always great to have you here Ron :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! It’s always great to be here! :thumbsup: :)

That sure is some beautiful stag there Ron :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, mid afternoon here, and I hope everyone is having a great day :) This week has flown, Friday tomorrow! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

FbnMcD2.jpg
Thank you Jack and may I say the same right back at you sir!! :thumbsup: :D

OG & Ron, you certainly have unforgettable examples of the cutler's art, thanks to Charlie's efforts!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you Gary! :) Your correct a big thanks to Charlie and the great folks at Great Eastern Cutlery! :thumbsup: :D

Back