1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning Guardians.:):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Dennis and Kim thank you ever so much for your prayers and concern. We should hear how the first test went today. :)
    Also, Linda is touched by all of the Guardians thoughts, prayers, and positive encouragements.

3. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Good Morning Guardians! :)
    Lambsfoot Rosewood and tin box.JPG

4. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Morning Dave. :thumbsup: Good looking Rosewood!
    Tell Linda we are all pulling for her (and you as her support.)

5. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Mark, :)

cigarrodog, Jack Black and Ramrodmb like this.
  6. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Almost Friday. C'mon weekend!
    [​IMG]

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    Strong black coffee and a Lamb to match. Starting the day right...
    [​IMG]

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Beautiful photo and Ironwood there Mark! :thumbsup: :D

I’ve got my Stag Hartshead today! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

[​IMG]

9. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Hmmm. Lovely examples of rosewood, ironwood, ebony, and stag on this page, but no horn yet. Ok. I’ll take one for the team and carry this one to make an ordinary Thursday a little more special. :)

[​IMG]

Recycled photo, but that coffee cup is in my left hand as I tap out this message on my iPad with my right. ;)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  10. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks Ron! :)
    Can't go wrong with a pocket full of Stag like that! Wishing you a great day as well.:thumbsup:

Half/Stop, dc50 and Jack Black like this.
  11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks pal, I didn't get a sausage unfortunately :( But I did enjoy lots of laughs and ate some cake! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Dennis :) I bought myself a staff recently, that's quite fun, but I'm glad I don't actually need to carry it at the moment :thumbsup:

Looks like you're well-equipped my friend :) :thumbsup:

Stellar Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks a lot buddy, hope you're having a good one there :) I was hoping to get 30 minutes on the couch this afternoon, but no chance of that I'm afraid :rolleyes: Taking 'ahr lass' out later ;) :thumbsup:

It's always great to have you here Ron :) :thumbsup:

Nice Mike :) :thumbsup:

Say 2 'Our Father's, 3 'Hail Mary's, and promise not to sin again my friend ;) :thumbsup:

Me neither Greg, though Wright's do a huge number of patterns :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Good to hear Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    +1 :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic photo Mark :) :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

That sure is some beautiful stag there Ron :) :thumbsup:

Great to see that one again Greg :) :thumbsup:

Hi Guardians, mid afternoon here, and I hope everyone is having a great day :) This week has flown, Friday tomorrow! :eek: :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Seems like a valid concern, Christian. Thanks for persuasively addressing the concern, Jack. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the helpful comparison shot, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a cool old knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I know you mentioned a little about its history in a subsequent post, but without more details, I apparently don't have enough imagination to grasp what you did. :rolleyes:

FBC, Jake looks right at home with some of his more experienced tool kin! :cool::cool:;)

Thanks, Vince. :) (I showed off the best side first, you know. :rolleyes:)

More very enjoyable pics, Dan! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I especially like the one in which you sacrifice your ebony lamb on a rocky altar to Poseidon, the sea god! :D:rolleyes:

Glad you found it so quickly! :):cool::thumbsup:

:p:D Dave, the whole point of my switch to suspenders was to eliminate the lowrider look of my pants; I got tired of saggin' all the time! :eek::thumbsup:

I hope the tests lead to an improvement for her, Dave!

Your horn lambsfoot is very handsome, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superior stag HHB, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

John, @AnW brings up an important fact that influences my carry decisions. ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the encouraging words, Mark. :)
    Our vacation was very satisfying, and I'm looking forward to heading back in 49 weeks and 2 days, but who's counting?! :p:thumbsup::cool:

I like Tater's patina a lot! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Did you just stick him "up to the hilt" into a raw potato? How long did you leave him that way?

Thanks again for your responses, Mark; Man Jack's file work IS quite interesting. :)
    Your stag HHB has captivating toasty coloration! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Are you doing OK with the whole swallowing thing after the neck/throat surgery, Jeff?

OG & Ron, you certainly have unforgettable examples of the cutler's art, thanks to Charlie's efforts!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your jigged LFNT is a KO!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

14. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Vince, you sure have some splendid knife pics with watery backgrounds! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Glad you're feeling so much better, Paul, after what sounds like quite dramatic and "invasive" surgery! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Very nice, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::cool: One of my grandfathers taught me to tell time like that when I was quite young. At that time, Michigan did not switch to DST during the summer, so when the state DID eventually switch a few years later, we had to adjust our procedure.

Thanks, Matt. :)

:D:thumbsup::D Seeing another entry from the originator of the "I carry a lambsfoot" theme is always enjoyable, Greg.

Thanks for acknowledging my predictable comments on the absolute hegemony of the lambsfoot. :rolleyes:;):thumbsup:

You may say Greg's a dreamer,
    But he's not the only one. :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey, I like that fusion of a couple of '60s phrases, John! :D:cool::cool:
    Thanks for the comparison shot! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments, Jack. :) I'm glad you've improved your walking capabilities. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Harvey and Jack, thanks for your compliments for Man Jack. :)
    Your Space Shuttle lambsfoots are such ingenious commemoratives! ;):cool::cool: Hard to believe that flight occurred almost 40 years ago! :eek:

Thanks for all your compliments to everyone, including me, Dennis. :)
    Your stag HHB is grand! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on the addition, Mike; that's a terrific trio you have! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

:D:thumbsup: I hope you soon have another addition to your flock, José! :cool:

Your striped ironwood is outstanding!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Man Jack is still with me:
    senator.patina.wholeknife.jpg

- GT

15. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

16. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    L'il one is starting the first day in the pocket. GT inspired reading :)

[​IMG]

17. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That staff should come in handy when you need to cross a stream over a log and some knave is trying to come the other way. Smite his pate!
    Thanks, Gary, but Jack's the King of Watery Backgrounds!

18. zolthar

zolthar Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 9, 2015
    T
    Thanks GT!

19. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! It’s always great to be here! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Jack and may I say the same right back at you sir!! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you Gary! :) Your correct a big thanks to Charlie and the great folks at Great Eastern Cutlery! :thumbsup: :D

20. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Mark! :thumbsup: :)

Ramrodmb likes this.