1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I like rosewood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like ironwood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mark! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like ebony lambsfoot knives; thanks, John! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like Barlow lambsfoot knives; thanks, Ron! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like horn lambsfoot knives; thanks, Greg! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like little lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mike! :):thumbsup::cool:
    I hope you like the Foundation trilogy, Mike! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Your advice regarding the staff sounds familiar, Vince, and made me snort with food in my mouth. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    There's no doubt that Jack is the watery king, but your pics are still impressive to a nonresident of Texas who equates "Texas" with "dry", regardless of how unfactual that may be. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Harvey. :)
    Intriguing photo! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What is the orange/black/crumbly background??:confused:

I like big lambsfoot knives; thanks, ED! :):thumbsup::cool:

Great news, Dave; thanks for sharing it here! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. ;):cool::cool: I read that other thread; very impressive work! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for sharing your private potato patina procedure!! ;):thumbsup::cool::cool:

FBC, Man Jack appreciates your praise of his patina and backspring. :)
    That "Old Black Betty" is performed by Ram Jam makes life even more sweet. (If you haven't seen it, the You Tube video is fine entertainment (I think I posted it here before):
    )
    I can imagine that Jake is quite a teller of tales; comes with the territory when you've got stamped bolsters, I suppose.
    Another thought-provoking car photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet that bug is either underpowered or over-tired! :rolleyes: (Is "over-tired" even a word in this context?? Is over-rubbered any better??)

I'm guessing accuracy would require not only seasonal adjustments, but also adjustment for position within time zone. I grew up on the western edge of Eastern Time, and I'm sure the sun positions at say 9am were quite different on our Michigan farm and in Times Square! ;)

Dylan, I'll bet the average post length is higher in this thread than is the case in the Totin' Today thread, which results in my perception that this thread takes longer to keep up with. :eek:;)
    Nice photo of your produce and ebony WCLF! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for your attention, Jack. :)

I like stag lambsfoot knives; here are the two I have.
    MJ&CJ.onend.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    I am but a simple person, and do not like to make things complicated. I just like Lamb Foot knives.!!!

3. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Both beauties in Stag Gary but that Ashley sure is purdy;):thumbsup:

Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  4. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  5. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Your Man Jack is nice stag, GT... but your AC is fantastic! :thumbsup:

Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  6. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
  7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    That makes two of us Gary! :thumbsup: :D

dc50 likes this.
  8. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @5K Qs Thank you GT. The background is in the Childrens’ portion of the park where they use chalk to draw on. When you shoot standing up, the surface looks much smoother. I like to get very close, on my knees, to show detail. Those Stag Lambfoot knives of yours makes for a winning pair.

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Two beautiful Stag Lambs, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  10. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, GT! And I agree with your perception. Very nice Stag duo!

Slàinte!

[​IMG]

11. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice pic, some lovely stag there Harvey :) :thumbsup:

That's fantastic news Dave, hope it's all plain sailing from now on :) Paul is a top guy :) Hope you and Linda have a great weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's an excellent thread, well done :) :thumbsup:

Ace pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

Fine photo Dylan, glad to hear you're getting a good crop :) :thumbsup:

And very nice they are GT :) :thumbsup:

12. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Gary.:thumbsup:

13. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much Gary.:):thumbsup:

14. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning Guardians, today with bone lime/lemon.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. CelloDan

Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

17. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    @CelloDan Dan, I’ve been meaning to post this for over a week! ;) Thank you for all the great nature photos and Lambsfoot content. And also all the time required to take them. :) They are great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A good Friday to all you Guardians! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned! :cool: Today I’ve got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow in my pocket sharing time with a non Lambsfoot companion! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Super pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Cheers Dylan :) :thumbsup:

19. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    It struck me the other day that “lambsfoot” refers both to a recognized pattern (i.e., the classic Sheffield Lambsfoot Knife) and to said pattern’s main, or only, blade. So, we routinely talk here about lambsfoot knives and also knives with lambsfoot blades.

That’s not news to anyone who frequents this thread, but what surprises me is that I haven’t been able to think of any other knives where the exemplar pattern is named after the blade (or vice versa? which came first...?). We don’t tend, e.g., to say “he carried his clip point today” or “she sliced it with her spey” without also, at least implicitly, referring to the pattern, even if it’s just a jack knife.

Is the lambsfoot truly unique in this regard, or am I just failing to identify other examples?

Edit: thanks to @5K Qs , @Jack Black , @kamagong, and @Cambertree for providing other examples. No need to derail the thread with others.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Nice pic John :) :thumbsup:

Absolutely Ron, I'm very much enjoying Dan's pics too :) Well done Dan :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic of your Rosewood Hartshead Barlow :)

Hi Guardians, I didn't quite get time to catch up and post my carry earlier, so it's mid afternoon here now. Hope everyone's Friday is going well :) I thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]