Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I like rosewood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool:

Almost Friday. C'mon weekend!
RydKhl4.jpg
I like ironwood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mark! :):thumbsup::cool:

Good Morning Guardians
Strong black coffee and a Lamb to match. Starting the day right...
I like ebony lambsfoot knives; thanks, John! :):thumbsup::cool:

I’ve got my Stag Hartshead today! Hope y’all have a great day! :D

48598892751_c5baff4139_b_d.jpg
I like Barlow lambsfoot knives; thanks, Ron! :):thumbsup::cool:

Hmmm. Lovely examples of rosewood, ironwood, ebony, and stag on this page, but no horn yet. Ok. I’ll take one for the team and carry this one to make an ordinary Thursday a little more special. :)

sCc6bCdh.jpg

I like horn lambsfoot knives; thanks, Greg! :):thumbsup::cool:

L'il one is starting the first day in the pocket. GT inspired reading :)

TGofCw7.jpg
I like little lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mike! :):thumbsup::cool:
I hope you like the Foundation trilogy, Mike! :cool::thumbsup:;)

That staff should come in handy when you need to cross a stream over a log and some knave is trying to come the other way. Smite his pate!

Thanks, Gary, but Jack's the King of Watery Backgrounds!
Your advice regarding the staff sounds familiar, Vince, and made me snort with food in my mouth. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
There's no doubt that Jack is the watery king, but your pics are still impressive to a nonresident of Texas who equates "Texas" with "dry", regardless of how unfactual that may be. :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thanks GT. Your Man Jack looks great with the patina.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1183302
Thanks, Harvey. :)
Intriguing photo! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What is the orange/black/crumbly background??:confused:

If you don't mind Greg, I'll join you and carry my Big-Un with Horn today.

PqkiQ7i.jpg
I like big lambsfoot knives; thanks, ED! :):thumbsup::cool:

Good news! The first tests came back normal :thumbsup::D now it's onto further testing with a Surgeon in October.
paulhilborn paulhilborn has been more than helpful sharing his diagnosis and treatment, this has really helped set us at ease.
Thank you goes out to all, for your encouraging words. :thumbsup::)
Linda
View attachment 1183345
Great news, Dave; thanks for sharing it here! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. ;):cool::cool: I read that other thread; very impressive work! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT!

Yes, I used a raw potato. First, I degreased Tater's blade with 91% rubbing alcohol. Then I stuck it in "up to the hilt" and left it overnight. About 8 hours. The next morning, after I cleaned the blade off with Dawn and water (rubbing with a patch of old t-shirt), it wasn't as consistent as I wanted. So I stuck it in again, but this time moved the blade back and forth and up and down a few times to get the tater juices smeared around better. Left it again for about 8 hours, then cleaned and mineral oiled it. I find that this patina makes it a little easier to pinch open too.
Thanks for sharing your private potato patina procedure!! ;):thumbsup::cool::cool:

A man couldn't ask for more. :D
Btw, until a few days ago, I had no idea that the "Bam Ba Lamb" band what named Ram Jam. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that Man Jack had such a fancy back side. :eek::D
Jake was telling them tales from his home land. :D

Man Jack is developing a fine patina
48540117146_20c98d8e85_h.jpg
FBC, Man Jack appreciates your praise of his patina and backspring. :)
That "Old Black Betty" is performed by Ram Jam makes life even more sweet. (If you haven't seen it, the You Tube video is fine entertainment (I think I posted it here before):
)
I can imagine that Jake is quite a teller of tales; comes with the territory when you've got stamped bolsters, I suppose.
Another thought-provoking car photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet that bug is either underpowered or over-tired! :rolleyes: (Is "over-tired" even a word in this context?? Is over-rubbered any better??)

Oh, how cool! I should learn to do that. Do the reference points for time have to change as the seasons progress?
I'm guessing accuracy would require not only seasonal adjustments, but also adjustment for position within time zone. I grew up on the western edge of Eastern Time, and I'm sure the sun positions at say 9am were quite different on our Michigan farm and in Times Square! ;)

Interesting to note: I had to get caught up on both the Totin' thread and this one. It was curious to me that this thread moves just about as quickly, the number of posts needing to be read being about the same as over there.
fOz1pTw.jpg
Dylan, I'll bet the average post length is higher in this thread than is the case in the Totin' Today thread, which results in my perception that this thread takes longer to keep up with. :eek:;)
Nice photo of your produce and ebony WCLF! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I try pal ;) :thumbsup:

Me too pal ;) Man Jack is looking good :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your attention, Jack. :)

I like stag lambsfoot knives; here are the two I have.
MJ&CJ.onend.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
I like rosewood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like ironwood lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mark! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like ebony lambsfoot knives; thanks, John! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like Barlow lambsfoot knives; thanks, Ron! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like horn lambsfoot knives; thanks, Greg! :):thumbsup::cool:

I like little lambsfoot knives; thanks, Mike! :):thumbsup::cool:
I hope you like the Foundation trilogy, Mike! :cool::thumbsup:;)

Your advice regarding the staff sounds familiar, Vince, and made me snort with food in my mouth. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
There's no doubt that Jack is the watery king, but your pics are still impressive to a nonresident of Texas who equates "Texas" with "dry", regardless of how unfactual that may be. :rolleyes:

Thanks, Harvey. :)
Intriguing photo! :thumbsup::cool::cool: What is the orange/black/crumbly background??:confused:

I like big lambsfoot knives; thanks, ED! :):thumbsup::cool:

Great news, Dave; thanks for sharing it here! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. ;):cool::cool: I read that other thread; very impressive work! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for sharing your private potato patina procedure!! ;):thumbsup::cool::cool:

FBC, Man Jack appreciates your praise of his patina and backspring. :)
That "Old Black Betty" is performed by Ram Jam makes life even more sweet. (If you haven't seen it, the You Tube video is fine entertainment (I think I posted it here before):
)
I can imagine that Jake is quite a teller of tales; comes with the territory when you've got stamped bolsters, I suppose.
Another thought-provoking car photo! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll bet that bug is either underpowered or over-tired! :rolleyes: (Is "over-tired" even a word in this context?? Is over-rubbered any better??)

I'm guessing accuracy would require not only seasonal adjustments, but also adjustment for position within time zone. I grew up on the western edge of Eastern Time, and I'm sure the sun positions at say 9am were quite different on our Michigan farm and in Times Square! ;)

Dylan, I'll bet the average post link is higher in this thread than is the case in the Totin' Today thread, which results in my perception that this thread takes longer to keep up with. :eek:;)

Thanks for your attention, Jack. :)

View attachment 1183581

- GT
Both beauties in Stag Gary but that Ashley sure is purdy;):thumbsup:

Dylan, I'll bet the average post link is higher in this thread than is the case in the Totin' Today thread, which results in my perception that this thread takes longer to keep up with. :eek:;)

Thank you, GT! And I agree with your perception. Very nice Stag duo!

Slàinte!

irudXVD.jpg

[Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1183302

Nice pic, some lovely stag there Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Good news! The first tests came back normal :thumbsup::D now it's onto further testing with a Surgeon in October.
paulhilborn paulhilborn has been more than helpful sharing his diagnosis and treatment, this has really helped set us at ease.
Thank you goes out to all, for your encouraging words. :thumbsup::)
Linda
View attachment 1183345

That's fantastic news Dave, hope it's all plain sailing from now on :) Paul is a top guy :) Hope you and Linda have a great weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

That's an excellent thread, well done :) :thumbsup:

Ace pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

I have one in Ebony accompanying me today. Shown with yet another gathering of these delicious little guys. The big ones will be ready soon, turning into quite a harvest of tomatoes.

ezu1rT0.jpg

Fine photo Dylan, glad to hear you're getting a good crop :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1183581

- GT

And very nice they are GT :) :thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan Dan, I’ve been meaning to post this for over a week! ;) Thank you for all the great nature photos and Lambsfoot content. And also all the time required to take them. :) They are great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A good Friday to all you Guardians! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned! :cool: Today I’ve got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow in my pocket sharing time with a non Lambsfoot companion! :thumbsup: :D

48606230522_da896912de_b_d.jpg

It struck me the other day that “lambsfoot” refers both to a recognized pattern (i.e., the classic Sheffield Lambsfoot Knife) and to said pattern’s main, or only, blade. So, we routinely talk here about lambsfoot knives and also knives with lambsfoot blades.

That’s not news to anyone who frequents this thread, but what surprises me is that I haven’t been able to think of any other knives where the exemplar pattern is named after the blade (or vice versa? which came first...?). We don’t tend, e.g., to say “he carried his clip point today” or “she sliced it with her spey” without also, at least implicitly, referring to the pattern, even if it’s just a jack knife.

Is the lambsfoot truly unique in this regard, or am I just failing to identify other examples?

Edit: thanks to 5K Qs 5K Qs , Jack Black Jack Black , @kamagong, and @Cambertree for providing other examples. No need to derail the thread with others.

Last edited:
"A Walkin Nature" #10
My children's "loot" after our morning walk at the beach.
WlvF9ka.jpg

3iZswEx.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Nice pic John :) :thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan Dan, I’ve been meaning to post this for over a week! ;) Thank you for all the great nature photos and Lambsfoot content. And also all the time required to take them. :) They are great!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

A good Friday to all you Guardians! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned! :cool: Today I’ve got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow in my pocket sharing time with a non Lambsfoot companion! :thumbsup: :D

48606230522_da896912de_b_d.jpg

Absolutely Ron, I'm very much enjoying Dan's pics too :) Well done Dan :) :thumbsup:

Smashing pic of your Rosewood Hartshead Barlow :)

Hi Guardians, I didn't quite get time to catch up and post my carry earlier, so it's mid afternoon here now. Hope everyone's Friday is going well :) I thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) :thumbsup:

UYMq06E.jpg

CN7TJHG.jpg

Back