Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I’m in Dylan!
(Not fermented, but I’m going to try Greg’s approach with the next batch)
11ZYyGW.jpg

I'm in! Thanks Dylan.

Thanks, fellas! I'll get you added to the list.

Favorite Knife Race...
It's getting harder to pick the winner.

Happy National Knife Day :)

Not because I gifted it to you but because of the Scarcity I'd say the Waynorth Cutlery would win out over any Lambfoot. You can easily replace the Rosewood Lambfoot but it would be a problem replacing the WCLF. Either way there isn't a loser no matter what you might decide.

Added another one today.
View attachment 1183977

A Bobby Dazzler! :) :thumbsup:

Hope you have a good weekend as well, Jack. And have an enjoyable hike, wherever that takes you!

I will be taking a hike as well :thumbsup:, but only behind my lawn mower :thumbsdown::mad:. And as a bonus, I believe I get to mow my mother in law's yard as well.

I'll be totin' one lamb or another, though, so all is not lost! :D

Thanks a lot Matt, I hope you get to put your feet up after all that mowing buddy :) :thumbsup:

I carry a Lambsfoot beause....
48603538746_0535a121b0_h.jpg

the ladies love a man with manly thumbs.
;):p:rolleyes::D

Have a great weekend y'all!

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I'm Back!!!!! Two holes in a cheek, three suckers and a sticker that says "I Was A Big Boy".:thumbsup::D

@cigarrodog Prester John Prester John - Ask and ye shall receive Harvey. I'll have to wait until tomorrow but I'll be chomping on them soon.

OUBlSY7.jpg

Well done Ed, cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians for the kind words !
I am happy you are enjoying the pics.
Hi, GT, here is the pic from another angle :)
It's a BIG cast iron pipe :D

Qv3TJdF.jpg

Yesterday, we had a very nice walk along the coast in Charlottetown, the capital of Prince Edward Island.
We came upon this cannons on a hill that overlooks the mouth of the city's harbour..
It's what they called "The Prince Edward Battery".
It was first used by the French and then the British to protect the city.

2ssaOKt.jpg

BYLzQdp.jpg

qsN2vP1.jpg

Fantastic Dan, thanks for taking us along :) :thumbsup:

Carried these two today. Have our first football game tonight. Gonna keep the Hartshead in my pocket.
View attachment 1184072

Hope the game went well Taylor, those two are taking on some great character :thumbsup:

z5WUziK.jpg

My wife said: Is that a thing? Taking pictures on the bottom of your shoes??:rolleyes:
I said: No... it's not. But you see I need a new pair, right?

@Cambertree -Chin, I love that photo of your Lambfoot on your Browning!:cool:
All your photos are excellent but I think that one's special.
Also, look forward to your posts on the meat pie quest.:D
Thanks for the nice words and glad you enjoyed the links my friend.:thumbsup:

Awesome! (yeah, I said it!)
Add me to the list of admirers of Dan's "A Walk in Nature" series! :D
I have enjoyed each and every pic and hadn't yet commented on any. All of them have been great photos Dan. Thanks for taking us along!:thumbsup:
That Ebony LF looks magnificent!

LOL! :D It's a cool pic Mark :) I've had mine on today, I found a place that was selling off the large sizes at a bargain price, so I bought 3 pairs! :D :thumbsup:

I don't know if I'd be enjoying this knife so much, or at all, if I wasn't a member of the Guardians!! It's been about three years since Jack started the Guardians, and I am sure this thread is responsible for spurring me on!! Thanks Jack!!
View attachment 1184134

We certainly have a great bunch of posters here Charlie :) Great to have you here my friend, and your outstanding contribution to Lambsfoot history :) :thumbsup:

I have the Waynorh Ebony with me again today.

oj8pD1e.jpg

Smashing Dylan :) :thumbsup:

ATTENTION!

Over two years have passed and almost 1400 pages have been filled since my very first post in this thread. Some might call that a good reason to celebrate. Though I cannot always keep up here due to the speed at which this thread flows, it is still something special to bear in mind when one considers the enthusiasm that the Lambsfoot knife has wrought.

This might be good cause for a giveaway. However, I am going to do something a bit different and get a bit of a pass-around started. This has been done with other traditional knives (notably Earl and Pearl in recent years) so I'd like to start an exclusive pass around for the Guardians here that will include a Lambsfoot from my personal collection.

I've obtained Jack's blessing to initiate this and will go over the rules below. I thought long and hard on which of my Lambsfoot knives would make a good knife to traverse the world and I decided on one that has some of the most sentimental meaning to me. It is not my first Lambsfoot but it is the first one that I purchased for myself and I have posted rather frequently about it here in this thread. This knife has been with me elk hunting, mushroom hunting, hiking, crabbing, drinking, and so much more. It sports mismatched Ebony covers and a nice patina and is overall quite a well made knife.

Now for the details/rules:

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot! (Every travelling knife needs a name and this one is no exception. I seem to recall dubbing this one Linus quite some time ago.)

If you are interested in participating, please read the rules and simply say, "I'm in!" and I will add you to the list.
  1. Please be a Guardian in good standing. Since pass-arounds largely work on an honor system and there have been instances where knives have fallen through the cracks in other pass-arounds, I would like this to be open to the established Guardians here exclusively. If you enjoy the pattern and pop in here now and then and are an established member otherwise, I am willing to make exceptions but they will be on a case by case basis.
  2. Once participants receive the knife, they will have it for no longer than 2 weeks (this can be flexible but communication is warranted). Please carry the knife, use it, take it to notable locations in your area, and take LOTS of pictures and post them here, captioned with "The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot".
  3. When you send it off to the next person, please send it with a local postcard and/or keepsake that is pertinent to your locale.
  4. This is open to international folks as well so please do not hesitate to participate if you are outside the confines of the US.
  5. Once the pass-around has concluded, we will determine what will be Linus's final resting place. Perhaps I will fashion a special case and we can hold a giveaway at the end.
That's pretty much it, folks. I hope you all will participate, this could be a lot of fun. I will let the list populate for a week or two and will kick things off with a proper Oregon sendoff. I also will edit in a link to this post in my sig line for ease of reference.

Here is Linus.

pRShKzu.jpg

df0pT9z.jpg

Participants:
  1. @WhittlinAway
  2. Prester John Prester John
  3. @Half/Stop
  4. @cigarrodog
  5. @Cambertree
  6. @Dschal
  7. @E40
  8. @Wild Ben

Great idea pal, I'll be happy to host Linus if he wants to go overseas :) :thumbsup:

Dylan, I'd be honored to host Linus. I'm in!

Not sure whether any of these'll still be around when it's my turn, but my Hartshead Barlow helped me sample some of my batch of jalapeños this evening. They're getting there, but still need a few more days of fermentation, I think...

cKGwnlnh.jpg

Cool pic Greg :cool: :) I've just been enjoying some Peppadews :) :thumbsup:

Some quick pics of where I am right now:

View attachment 1184202
View attachment 1184203
View attachment 1184201

Lookin’ mighty tasty there, mi amigo!:thumbsup:

And thank you for the kind comments Harvey, Dave, Jack, Kevin and Mark.:)

Hope you had a great hike Chin, looks beautiful mate :) :thumbsup:

And your doing a mighty fine job my friend. :thumbsup::cool::D
Thanks, my friend.

I don't know if I'd be enjoying this knife so much, or at all, if I wasn't a member of the Guardians!! It's been about three years since Jack started the Guardians, and I am sure this thread is responsible for spurring me on!! Thanks Jack!!
View attachment 1184134
Once again, Jack's fault! :D:thumbsup:
Jack Black Jack Black

ATTENTION!

Over two years have passed and almost 1400 pages have been filled since my very first post in this thread. Some might call that a good reason to celebrate. Though I cannot always keep up here due to the speed at which this thread flows, it is still something special to bear in mind when one considers the enthusiasm that the Lambsfoot knife has wrought.

This might be good cause for a giveaway. However, I am going to do something a bit different and get a bit of a pass-around started. This has been done with other traditional knives (notably Earl and Pearl in recent years) so I'd like to start an exclusive pass around for the Guardians here that will include a Lambsfoot from my personal collection.

I've obtained Jack's blessing to initiate this and will go over the rules below. I thought long and hard on which of my Lambsfoot knives would make a good knife to traverse the world and I decided on one that has some of the most sentimental meaning to me. It is not my first Lambsfoot but it is the first one that I purchased for myself and I have posted rather frequently about it here in this thread. This knife has been with me elk hunting, mushroom hunting, hiking, crabbing, drinking, and so much more. It sports mismatched Ebony covers and a nice patina and is overall quite a well made knife.

Now for the details/rules:

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot! (Every travelling knife needs a name and this one is no exception. I seem to recall dubbing this one Linus quite some time ago.)

If you are interested in participating, please read the rules and simply say, "I'm in!" and I will add you to the list.
  1. Please be a Guardian in good standing. Since pass-arounds largely work on an honor system and there have been instances where knives have fallen through the cracks in other pass-arounds, I would like this to be open to the established Guardians here exclusively. If you enjoy the pattern and pop in here now and then and are an established member otherwise, I am willing to make exceptions but they will be on a case by case basis.
  2. Once participants receive the knife, they will have it for no longer than 2 weeks (this can be flexible but communication is warranted). Please carry the knife, use it, take it to notable locations in your area, and take LOTS of pictures and post them here, captioned with "The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot".
  3. When you send it off to the next person, please send it with a local postcard and/or keepsake that is pertinent to your locale.
  4. This is open to international folks as well so please do not hesitate to participate if you are outside the confines of the US.
  5. Once the pass-around has concluded, we will determine what will be Linus's final resting place. Perhaps I will fashion a special case and we can hold a giveaway at the end.
That's pretty much it, folks. I hope you all will participate, this could be a lot of fun. I will let the list populate for a week or two and will kick things off with a proper Oregon sendoff. I also will edit in a link to this post in my sig line for ease of reference.

Here is Linus.

pRShKzu.jpg

df0pT9z.jpg

Participants:
  1. @WhittlinAway
  2. Prester John Prester John
  3. @Half/Stop
  4. @cigarrodog
  5. @Cambertree
  6. @Dschal
  7. @E40
  8. @Wild Ben

I'll be glad to show Linus around the 209, Dylan.

48609888157_5ce2015939_h.jpg

Not because I gifted it to you but because of the Scarcity I'd say the Waynorth Cutlery would win out over any Lambfoot. You can easily replace the Rosewood Lambfoot but it would be a problem replacing the WCLF.
Neither one of them are replaceable.
One was a gift from you and the other was a gift from Jack.
One is a Limited Waynorth SFO by GEC and the other was a Limited Run of African Rosewood by Wright's.
Both are special to me, made in limited numbers, fantastic actions, F&F, and would be the first two knives I'd grab in case of a fire.

I’m in Dylan!
(Not fermented, but I’m going to try Greg’s approach with the next batch)
11ZYyGW.jpg

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1184218 Good morning guardians woke up this morning starving so I decided to start the day with a bagel. Skipped the jalapeño cream cheese and went with melted jalapeno cheese in its place

That looks very tasty Al :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Nice pic of your ebony WCLF John :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) Hope y’all have a great weekend! :thumbsup: :D

48542834036_19cf806a10_b_d.jpg

Grat patina Ron, hope you're having a good weekend my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.

After posting a picture of a Lambfoot with my suckers yesterday, I sat down in my reclining chair for what was suppose to be only a few minutes and woke up four hours later. While out like a light these two A. Wright Lambfoot knives came in the mail. They are from the dealer in Snowdonia, Wales. The build of both knives is quite good. However, I gotta say that A. Wright sure isn't shy when it comes to filing down the kick in order to have the tip of the blade sit down into the well of the frame. Just look at the kick of the Big-un

Rosewood Large (Big-un) - Ebony Standard with exaggerated sway back frame
2VyFvEV.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Is the cover of the Big-un in fact Rosewood? It looks paler than most rosewood I have Seen. Anyone - please fee free to chime in on this question..

Nice thing to wake up Ed :) Wright's Indonesian Rosewood varies in colour a lot, that is unusually light, but I've seen it that colour before. They had some light stuff in recently, but judging from the tang stamp, that looks like an older knife than the ebony one. I'd also guess that from the way the kick has been filed. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen today, but I think I could guess who made that knife, and he's happily retired now. Still, what is it, a $40 knife? :thumbsup:

Good-looking pair Ben :thumbsup:

Hartshead in the park...

OILCa45h.jpg

... hike to follow.

Excellent pic Greg, hope you had a great walk :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1184348 Harvested enough blueberries for 2 pies 1 for my daughters house and 1 for my sons house.now out to the peach trees and see if I can harvest enough for a peach pie

Nice work :) :thumbsup:

Good Weekend Morning Guardians.
26C57696-9DF8-4995-AD6A-7B32AFD39178_zpsrdncp3ca.jpeg

Beautifully photographed Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I have one on the way that is outta this world!!! Sellers photo

BHNPGdJ.png

Congratulations :cool: :thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot...
kod5BoC.jpg

...because it's a booger trying to open a bag of grits without it!

How 'bout you?

uOhFTA7.jpg

Had to have some bacon with them grits:
citBy0q.jpg

And some eggs, of course:
4amPboP.jpg

(I actually used a chef's knife to cut the vegetables this time, but the lambsfoot wanted to pose.)

Good morning, Guardians!

Nice to see you're not wasting away Vince ;) :) :thumbsup:

Took an older buddy along with me to mow my mother in law's yard. I really like the size, shape, and feel of this knife a lot, but it is really poorly put together so I just don't carry it much. I probably should bite the bullet and order another, but now I have Jelly, and maybe I'll see if Jack does another special run I will definitely get in on next time! :thumbsup:
lCJuAOS.jpg

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend so far.

A Stag Barlow for me today.

ANzQxb3.jpg

Nice Saturday stag Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Favorite Knife Race...
It's getting harder to pick the winner.

Happy National Knife Day :)

Happy National Knife Day to you and all our other US members John :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1184481
Going to the Oakland Athletics game vs the San Francisco Giants!!!!

LET'S GO OAKLAND

Cheers Taylor, have a great game :) :thumbsup:

"A Walk in Nature" #11
vAfal5r.jpg

PgiUcEI.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Stunning photos Dan :) :thumbsup:

My 2019 Guardian came along to this morning’s pistol match.

View attachment 1184492

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

Top pic Kevin! :D :thumbsup:

Took an older buddy along with me to mow my mother in law's yard. I really like the size, shape, and feel of this knife a lot, but it is really poorly put together so I just don't carry it much. I probably should bite the bullet and order another, but now I have Jelly, and maybe I'll see if Jack does another special run I will definitely get in on next time! :thumbsup:
lCJuAOS.jpg

Is that a Big 'Un Matt? Some years ago, I nearly gave up on Wright's as the QC was so hit and miss. I came up with another solution though ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) It's a 3 day weekend here - a Bank Holiday Weekend as it's known - That usually means rotten weather, but on the contrary, it is unusually good - combine that with the fact it's the last Bank Holiday until Christmas, the start of the football season, an international cricket tournament in Leeds, a big local music festival, and the afore-mentioned Carnival, and in my opinion, you have a good reason to get out of town for the day and go somewhere quieter! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Few pics from my hike today :thumbsup:

fTINfyb.jpg

dt3W5CE.jpg

3lEMCVy.jpg

Back