Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Edited and stolen from my house for more appropriate content :D
What could be more appropriate then spinning some family orientated vinyl
njPfQxL.jpg

I carry a lambsfoot...
kod5BoC.jpg

...because it's a booger trying to open a bag of grits without it!

How 'bout you?

uOhFTA7.jpg

Had to have some bacon with them grits:
citBy0q.jpg

And some eggs, of course:
4amPboP.jpg

(I actually used a chef's knife to cut the vegetables this time, but the lambsfoot wanted to pose.)

Good morning, Guardians!

You had me at grits!
You really had me at grits and bacon!

Favorite Knife Race...
It's getting harder to pick the winner.

Happy National Knife Day :)

I think those two could easily trade leads for a good long time. Let's hope it's a marathon!

Excellent pic Greg, hope you had a great walk :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly. My wife, youngest dog, and I had a nice hike on a mostly paved trail along the coast. It was a bit overcast, but the temperature was perfect for hiking. There were a bunch of surfers in the water at our turn-around point. This morning I mentioned that to a friend who surfs, telling him that I'd been thinking about him. It turns out he was there in the water at exactly that time. Small world!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) It's a 3 day weekend here - a Bank Holiday Weekend as it's known - That usually means rotten weather, but on the contrary, it is unusually good - combine that with the fact it's the last Bank Holiday until Christmas, the start of the football season, an international cricket tournament in Leeds, a big local music festival, and the afore-mentioned Carnival, and in my opinion, you have a good reason to get out of town for the day and go somewhere quieter! :rolleyes: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Few pics from my hike today :thumbsup:

fTINfyb.jpg

dt3W5CE.jpg

3lEMCVy.jpg

Sounds like a great hike. Thanks for sharing!

Taylor, that India Ale is some of the finest liquid on the planet, and it's gotten hard to find around here. Have a gulp for me, will ya?

I haven't tried that one yet. Sounds like I need to track down a sample. Challenge accepted. :D

A Lambsfoot in the pocket and a hike just seem to go hand in hand!:cool::thumbsup:

They sure do! I used mine to slice up a dog treat into tiny pieces (very similarly to my "I carry a lambsfoot..." post from the other day) when we were starting to run low on supply. :)

I carry a Lambsfoot because...carrying a sword would be just silly!:D
kat1-jpg.1184712

:D

Good Morning Guardians, Up and at’em! Check the ebony scales out on this lambfoot. I haven’t came up with a name for it yet, but this one is quite unique. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I will be taking it easy and resting up for the work week. ;)

View attachment 1184865 View attachment 1184864

Delightful!

Cheers Greg, looking forward to it, my friend.:thumbsup:

(I have an excellent Thai Sweet Chilli sauce recipe, if you’d like, as well?);)

Well, if the International Order of Guardians were ever able to have a BBQ/bring a plate potluck, rendezvous meeting, it would be quite the feast of tasty world cuisine, I’m sure.:D

And that’s not even including all the primo beverages that would be getting shared around!;)

I was chuckling this morning, thinking of which Guardians would be assigned to which duties.:D

I won’t go through the mental list I generated, in case I leave anyone out, but suffice to say, we’d have the booze, food, BBQ duties, condiments and desserts, and even postprandial cigars well covered!

Well, we can dream!

That's a really nice dream. Wouldn't that be something!?

Maybe we can do a virtual potluck some day and cook and post a picture of what we'd bring? Wouldn't be quite the same, but still might be fun. :thumbsup:

And, you wanna PM me that recipe? :D

A Big-un with Buffalo Horn Covers and a Big-un with Rosewood Covers flank:

Small Buffalo Horn, Standard Buffalo Horn, Hartshead Stag, 2-Blade Rosewood; Standard Ebony

9FlPCN9.jpg

That's a fantastic family you've got there! I like them all, but the horn on the big 'un on the left ant the li'l one on the top have me quite smitten. :thumbsup:

Hope you had a heavenly hike, Greg; your rosewood HHB looks right at home in the great outdoors! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I sure did! Thanks, GT. And, you're right. It does look right at home in the outdoors, now that you mention it. I guess that's no surprise given its creator. :thumbsup:

Not my lambsfoot carry for this week, but in keeping with the theme of this post, I'll show LamBarJack, my rosewood HHB:
hhb-mark-v-stand-jpg.1184943

I'm glad you made an exception. Great to see it again!

uGEJIJS.jpg

Cooking chili Sunday.

Jiki, that is some fantastic patina you've developed. Hope the chili turned out super tasty and to just the level of heat you were shooting for. :)

Better eat it before that pirate does! He sure looks like he's ready to take a bite.

It didn't hang around long Bill! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, Up and at’em! Check the ebony scales out on this lambfoot. I haven’t came up with a name for it yet, but this one is quite unique. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I will be taking it easy and resting up for the work week. ;)

Wow, that is incredible Jon :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful knife, Jack! :thumbsup:

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Thank you very much Matt :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do any proper multi-quoting.
I moved my younger son to college and we've started to clear out some of the rooms for our remodeling project.
The next month will be even more busy with moving my other son to college and moving everything out of the house.
But believe I will still be here every day checking out the fine Lambsfoot pictures and participating whenever I can find time.

Going to carry my Rosewood today...

Hope they're settling in OK John, your Rosewood is looking great :) :thumbsup:

Well, if the International Order of Guardians were ever able to have a BBQ/bring a plate potluck, rendezvous meeting, it would be quite the feast of tasty world cuisine, I’m sure.:D

And that’s not even including all the primo beverages that would be getting shared around!;)

I was chuckling this morning, thinking of which Guardians would be assigned to which duties.:D

I won’t go through the mental list I generated, in case I leave anyone out, but suffice to say, we’d have the booze, food, BBQ duties, condiments and desserts, and even postprandial cigars well covered!

Well, we can dream!

Yes it was a fine hike, thanks Jack. One of those bright, sunny days with a clear, stiff breeze out of a blue sky, blowing away those ol’ cobwebs of winter.:thumbsup:

My desert ironwood Guardians 2019 edition was there to help put together an afternoon lunch out on the trail:

View attachment 1184645 View attachment 1184644 View attachment 1184643
I got some fine cheeses to try from Rob the British Butcher.

Ironsides sliced up some very tasty Leicester and aged Irish Cheddar for the roll. Delicious!
View attachment 1184693

Alright, this is the last report in an occasional series of investigations into traditional pies and pasties, inspired by David @donn, Jack, and GT @5K Qs .

Thanks GT - I’ve not tried that Two-Hearted Ale, although I have noted that it’s a favoured brew of a few Guardians. I’ll look out for it, my friend - although I’m not sure we have it here.

So, with my ol’ ebony Lambsfoot in pocket, I headed out to try some of the wares of the famous ‘Victorian Sausage King’!

View attachment 1184867

cCavQlJ.jpg

I’ve been quite taken with this shop, and was pleased to find a very reasonably priced large bottle of Hendersons Relish among the British and Irish delicacies on their shelves. One thing I love about travelling is sampling the tastes of different foods around the world.

And who doesn’t love a shop where you can get a beer with your food supplies?

View attachment 1184866

kLX0mph.jpg

(Actually, prompted by @donn ‘s accolades for Sarah Hughes’ Ruby Mild, I perhaps foolishly thought I’d try a John Smith’s Extra Smooth. I’ve never reflexively spat out a first mouthful of beer and tipped the rest down the sink before, so the less said about that one, the better.)

aaYaJvh.jpg

Thankfully, the pies and pasties are far better!

I acquired some Cornish Pasties, some genuine vegetable pasties (no shortening in the crust), and some Manchester Cheese ‘n’ Onion pies, and a couple of Scottish ‘Bridies’.

Here’s a vegie pastie, and a Bridie:

vYg9JDz.jpg

And a Cornish pastie and a Cheese ‘n’ Onion pie:

fUQ4A15.jpg

I understand the folded edges of Cornish Pasties were made so miners could grasp them with their hands covered with dirt or toxic chemicals, and eat the inner pastie, and throw the crust away.

Both of the pasties were very good, but I think I like the pasties made with fresh chopped vegetables in the best of my local bakeries a little better.

ShQeZvl.jpg

Great thoughts on that BBQ Chin :) Glad to hear you had a good hike, what an incredible range of photographs, that looks like a tasty sandwich my friend :) Great investigative pie reporting, they look good, and it's nice to hear you were able to get hold of some Henderson's, I am a bit shocked! :D I had to laugh at your description of that John Smith's! :D I wouldn't give mouth-room to any of those beers mate. I imagine Rob's main market is ex-pat Poms, who emigrated in the 60's, the pies look great, but you're probably best buying your beer somewhere else I reckon ;) Fantastic pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

OK, the trip to Ireland and Scotland is over; time to get my trusty HHB back to work out into the garden.
View attachment 1184917

Hope you had a wonderful time Bill :) You must be glad to be reunited with your Lambsfoot though ;) :thumbsup:

A Big-un with Buffalo Horn Covers and a Big-un with Rosewood Covers flank:

Small Buffalo Horn, Standard Buffalo Horn, Hartshead Stag, 2-Blade Rosewood; Standard Ebony

9FlPCN9.jpg

A fine-looking flock Ed :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians. I'm finding myself very much taken with the L'il one! It's a great size, and rides very well in the pocket. Parents are in town for a visit today, so we're getting ready to meet up for Dim Sum for breakfast :)

j4U3qPa.jpg

Glad you're liking the Little 'Un Mike, and hope you had a great time with your parents :thumbsup:

Man Jack's last appearance of his week in my rotation:
View attachment 1184942

Farewell dear friend :) :thumbsup:

Great to read that you had a heck of a hideout hike, Jack! ;):cool::cool: Your stag HHB sure "puts its best foot forward" in outdoor pics; that central ridge on the mark side is killer! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Not my lambsfoot carry for this week, but in keeping with the theme of this post, I'll show LamBarJack, my rosewood HHB:
View attachment 1184943

- GT

Thank you very much Gary :) Great to see LamBarJack :thumbsup:

Jack that looks great. That is another project I do in the winter make homemade sausage. I start from scratch bone the pork butts grind the pork season the mix and stuff it in casings by this time of year I am out of sausage

Thanks Al :) You are very industrious my friend, I'm afraid mine were just shop-bought :oops: I spent a lot of time cranking the mincer as a kid though ;) :D :thumbsup:

"A Walk in Nature" #12
(last photo shows the scenic background in which the knife pics were taken)
3wfZmgZ.jpg

qmTvvAv.jpg

C7UQOwY.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Absolutely stunning Dan :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
Zt89nw0.jpg

LOL! :D Where did you find that Vince? :D Great pic :thumbsup:

Am I to understand correctly that Cambertree is suggesting a gathering of the worlds greatest Guardian and culinary members??? :)
If so, I'm in!!! While I can't cook to save my life, I do consider myself a connoisseur of fine food which runs the gamut from State Fair corn dogs to Coq au vin (which my wife makes).
Maybe a lofty goal to get a group of like minded people together from around the globe, but what a great idea!!!

Knife content...
A picture from a father and son (and a couple of knives of course) road trip up to the North Shore of Lake Superior a few weeks back.

View attachment 1184968

Wouldn't it be great? :) That's a fantastic picture my friend, and I'm sure that was a great trip :) :thumbsup:

I’m still not 100% but improving steadily. Pam’s brother is also making some improvements. The doctor told her this morning if he continues as is he will probably be in ICU a couple of more days. Hopefully things can continue on the upswing! :thumbsup:

I’m probably not leaving the house today but I’ve got my AC in my pocket to keep me company! Thanks to all you Guardians for the thoughts and prayers! They are felt and appreciated! :thumbsup: :)

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg

That's good news Ron, hope things continue to improve with both you and Pam's brother. Nice pic of your AC :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Buddy. Here’s to happy feet. Merrells Rule. Size 12, please.:) Your AC is smashing. Any place. Any time,

@Timeinthefield - I’d call 1500 pages and your first Lambsfoot a great start. Welcome.

@Cambertree - Thank you Chin for all that goodness you posted.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians.
CC2E8D8C-C29C-4C4B-A81B-5068BF35D212_zpsrvkvuzto.jpeg

Thank you Harvey, that's a very cool pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

I was going to include a fero rod but I would've had to take out one of the Lambs ..... and I couldn't decide which one. ;):p:D

Betty with the rat rod Ghia model kit that I built many many years ago.
If Betty were a car, I think she would be a Rat Rod.
48602749956_f1410a58ce_h.jpg

LOL! :D Betty is riding in fine style Kevin :) :thumbsup:

That certainly is some fine photography OG :) Your Hartshead Barlow fits in nice too ;) :thumbsup:

I guess I'm now a member.:D
IMG_20190825_135653676.jpg

IMG_20190825_142239.jpg

Welcome to The Guardians :) :thumbsup:

uGEJIJS.jpg

Cooking chili Sunday.

That's taking on some nice character :)

Good to see that one Jer :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Another day-off here, but catching up is eating into my day, and I need to get on with a few things. Hopefully I can catch up fully later, but for now I'll just wish everyone a good week :thumbsup:

Carrying my AC again :thumbsup:

0JWcGCh.jpg

Beautifully figured Ebony! Unusual and gorgeous knife.

borrcibm.jpg

Very good :D It's a typical example of Yorkshire humour :thumbsup:

It's over 100 in my living room, so I have had to seek air-conditioned sanctuary in my local for a couple of hours ;) :thumbsup:
Didn't think it got that hot in England! Forecast for today is a high of 100 degrees F. I love air conditioning!

Hope you have a great day, Jack.

Good morning, Guardians!
WK3ZNTa.jpg

Back