Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Whew. It's been one of Those Days. Nothing truly bad like some folks here have been dealing with lately, but just one of those days when nothing seems to go right. In the midst of the spate of minor hiccups, I thought I'd lost My Lambsfoot. Searched everywhere for it. Not in the car. Not between the cushions on the couch. Not in the box of trash I'd taken out to the garage. Not even at the store that I'd been shopping at earlier in the day: I went back to check.

I was coming to grips with the loss when I went to file some bills that I'd paid earlier and there it was, sitting under the stack. I'd used it to open the envelopes and apparently hadn't put it back in my pocket. The funny thing is that I could have sworn I used it after that. Guess not.

So, My Lambsfoot has been found. Things are looking up. Maybe the hiccups are out of the way for the day. :thumbsup:

I hope everyone else's day is going more smoothly. :)
Glad you found you knife Greg! A lost lambsfoot would make for a horrible day!

This is an excellent question, Vince, and one I've thought a bit on. Certainly, it makes sense to provide Linus and his subsequent travels with his own thread. However, I wanted the pass-around to be exclusive to enthusiasts of the Lambsfoot and I'd hate to have yet another "exclusive" thread that will require monitoring. I would prefer the pass-around be betwixt friends and admirers of the pattern rather than have to deal with saying no a bunch of times to folks who are likely just hopping onto the bandwagon.

That all said, I do certainly welcome input on this matter from all of you folks. I am happy to accommodate whatever we all collectively think is best.
If you and Jack want to keep it here, I think that's great. :thumbsup:

Whew. It's been one of Those Days. Nothing truly bad like some folks here have been dealing with lately, but just one of those days when nothing seems to go right. In the midst of the spate of minor hiccups, I thought I'd lost My Lambsfoot. Searched everywhere for it. Not in the car. Not between the cushions on the couch. Not in the box of trash I'd taken out to the garage. Not even at the store that I'd been shopping at earlier in the day: I went back to check.

I was coming to grips with the loss when I went to file some bills that I'd paid earlier and there it was, sitting under the stack. I'd used it to open the envelopes and apparently hadn't put it back in my pocket. The funny thing is that I could have sworn I used it after that. Guess not.

So, My Lambsfoot has been found. Things are looking up. Maybe the hiccups are out of the way for the day. :thumbsup:

I hope everyone else's day is going more smoothly. :)
I'm happy you found your Lamb. I hope the rest of your week improves.

G'day everyone:) Just thought i would give my thoughts on my Waynorth Lamb Foot, after a breaking in period and having been carried for a while now. First thing is edge retention, just brilliant, all i have had to use so far is the small leather strop i made and is shown in the attached photo. Has developed a lovely patina, which will only develop better over time. I remember reading a post from a member asking about whether the dye in the scales might start to stain with use. Not even an issue for me!!! Apart from carrying as a daily user, i have used the knife as a twirler in my hand reading or watching telly or listening to music. If there were any raised rough spots on the scales they are now gone, it has a beautiful worn feel about it with not a hint of any dye run. I may be biased, because i just love this knife. :thumbsup:
qhjNj5G.jpg

Good eye, Kevin, a short and a long pair.:thumbsup:
Looks like fun, I'm just scared that I will pick up yet another hobby,
:D
Perfect pair!:cool::thumbsup:

Another great photo, Kevin!:):thumbsup:

Thanks for the complements on the pics, Dennis.
I like the golden ox horn on that one of yours. :thumbsup:

Great-looking '19 Kevin :) Thanks pal, I'm sure it'll be gone in a day or two, but I appreciate the cooling pic :D I did have a few beers over the weekend, but in the spirit of the local Carnival, I mainly drank ice-cold rum cocktails :D ;) :thumbsup:
It is supposed to start cooling off here tomorrow, 104 today. Icy rum drinks sounds pretty darn good right now!

FBC, thanks for your relevant replies to my sometimes irrelevant comments! :) I like the paint job on Betty's ride! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did the model come with body parts already colored, or did you get to paint it? If the latter, is that just flat black primer?
Thanks, GT. The model comes unpainted and I painted the body with flat black ( my favorite color :D ) paint / primer.

So the barrage of VW Bugs and Microbus images finally got to me. I blame mostly flatblackcapo flatblackcapo :)
2B5C1FC7-094A-4781-8B3F-8FC434A225B7_zpsjc03ydmz.jpeg
I accept this blame with a smile, Harvey. :D
That lamb is like the Cadillac of lambs!
I have a soft spot for coined liners.

Thank you my friend, that's a cool image too :cool: You're either on the bus or off the bus ;) :D :thumbsup:

lx9a1hr.jpg
That mug is almost as cool as your HHB. :thumbsup:

With our current high temperatures, I am staying well away from the stove! :D :thumbsup:

8koy7wX.jpg
Looks tasty.... the food looks good too. ;):D

I'm staying away from the stove too.
48631740746_93212061c5_h.jpg

Same here Greg, my stag Hartshead has become a real pocket hog! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

:D Pocket hog. Gonna have to remember that term... :D

"A Walk in Nature" #14
Cavendish Trails, Prince Edward Island
fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

I keep neglecting to comment on your photo series, but I'm enjoying it tremendously. Thanks for taking the time to share all of these photos with us. :thumbsup:

They certainly are hard to leave behind! Great artwork background!:D:thumbsup:

Thanks! I can't take any credit for the artwork other than noticing it. Some kids must have been having some fun with sidewalk chalk at the park the previous afternoon or evening. I'm assuming it was kids, that is. Could have been adults, I suppose. Who doesn't love drawing with sidewalk chalk? :D

Cool photo! :thumbsup:

Definitely a desirable knife, Greg, but you HAVE to show your knives who is in charge and not let them "run the show"! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

What a day Greg! :eek: Hope the rest of it goes more smoothly :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Things have improved. :)

It is elk season and I am in the process of packing up my bow and other gear and will be hitting the forests and mountains for a week long excursion. I will be taking quite a number of knives, including more than a couple Lambsfoot blades, and will be seeking to give Linus a good and proper PNW sendoff before he makes his way down to Greg.

In the meantime, I've got this one with my morning coffee today.

y4Sd5TY.jpg

Love that mug and love that lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Have a great and safe trip!

Glad you found you knife Greg! A lost lambsfoot would make for a horrible day!

Thanks! Yes, it sure would have been a bummer to have really lost it. But, I predict I would have survived. ;)

G'day everyone:) Just thought i would give my thoughts on my Waynorth Lamb Foot, after a breaking in period and having been carried for a while now. First thing is edge retention, just brilliant, all i have had to use so far is the small leather strop i made and is shown in the attached photo. Has developed a lovely patina, which will only develop better over time. I remember reading a post from a member asking about whether the dye in the scales might start to stain with use. Not even an issue for me!!! Apart from carrying as a daily user, i have used the knife as a twirler in my hand reading or watching telly or listening to music. If there were any raised rough spots on the scales they are now gone, it has a beautiful worn feel about it with not a hint of any dye run. I may be biased, because i just love this knife. :thumbsup:
qhjNj5G.jpg

Thanks for the experience report. :thumbsup:

qhjNj5G.jpg
Looks nicely broken in, cudgee!! Nice patina; and strop!!:) I am glad to hear your report on performance!! GECs keep an edge for me too!!:thumbsup:

@Half/Stop - Thank you Ron.

JaxBaron JaxBaron - Those are beautiful covers on Sir Curly Wurly.

Jack Black Jack Black - Your HHB and the crumble look wonderful, Jack. Cheers.

@Ramrodmb - Mark, that’s a beautiful look at your Ironwood Lambsfoot.

WhittlinAway WhittlinAway - Greg, so glad you found your Lambsfoot. I know how that feels.

flatblackcapo flatblackcapo - Thank you. Quite an appealing image. Beautiful horn and patina.

It is elk season and I am in the process of packing up my bow and other gear and will be hitting the forests and mountains for a week long excursion. I will be taking quite a number of knives, including more than a couple Lambsfoot blades, and will be seeking to give Linus a good and proper PNW sendoff before he makes his way down to Greg.

In the meantime, I've got this one with my morning coffee today.

y4Sd5TY.jpg

Sounds like fantastic R & R Dylan, have a great time my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thinking of Jack sitting between two fans eating blackberry crumble :thumbsup::p I'll add a little ice cream to the mix. :D
View attachment 1186389

Cheers buddy, that looks great :D :thumbsup:

qhjNj5G.jpg

Nice write-up mate :thumbsup: Using a ruler to make a strop is a nice idea :thumbsup:

It is supposed to start cooling off here tomorrow, 104 today. Icy rum drinks sounds pretty darn good right now!

That mug is almost as cool as your HHB. :thumbsup:

Looks tasty.... the food looks good too. ;):D

I'm staying away from the stove too.
48631740746_93212061c5_h.jpg

That's HOT Kevin! :eek: Hope it's cooler today :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words my friend, that's a great pic :D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Things have improved. :)

Glad to hear it Greg :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Your HHB and the crumble look wonderful, Jack. Cheers.

Many thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

"A Walk in Nature" #15
Cavendish Trails, PEI.
4wZPhif.jpg

QJVbg1M.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Fantastic Dan, your photos are a real treat :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, thought I'd try carrying some rosewood today ;) Have a great day folks :) :thumbsup:

xgjDeDT.jpg

Back