Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I've been off the forums for a couple of weeks as I've been extremely busy so just sort of catching up with the thread. :thumbsup: Great pics everyone.
When I've had a lambsfoot in my pocket these past two weeks it's usually been this one. :thumbsup:
qOZQb49.jpg

And an action shot. :)
osD0ubV.jpg

Welcome back David, great pics :) :thumbsup:

This one has swept the pocket hog Hartshead out of my pocket at least for one more day. :D

jvFFMsnh.jpg

Looking good Greg :) :thumbsup:

Good Thursday Morning Guardians
This week seems to be flying by so fast. It's good to be at work and busy again. :cool::thumbsup:
I've tried to get along with those Swiss knives, but I just never really took to them. But I do appreciate the array of tools they come with. So, I just got this Gerber Shard and I'll be testing it out in the coming weeks. I'll have a Lambsfoot in my front pocket for cutting duties, and the Shard in my watch pocket to take care of any screwdriver, bottle opening, or prying emergencies. :D

I have various doohickeys of different kinds John :thumbsup:

My BROTHER IN LAW is still in ICU! They may move him to a regular room tomorrow! :thumbsup: Today I’m still sitting with him and I’m toting a Lambfoot in my pocket! :D

View attachment 1187383

Hope so Ron, keep rubbing that Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

My Uncle may be released to go home soon from his acute rehab. He hasn't been out of a hospital for several weeks, so this would be some very welcoming news. Then learning how to manage around home will be his next challenge. But at least he will be home. And I have enjoyed having my Aunt here as we have gotten to catch up quite a bit. But we all know about what it means to be home.

:thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians! Jelly with me again (or still), like just about every day! Found a few new rocks on the way in this morning.
NlnbVko.jpg

Nice Matt :) :thumbsup:

Good (late) morning Guardians! As I continue to find ways to entertain myself, I offer a picture from my very makeshift studio of my A. Wright with the nice pattern side. Show side is eh.... This is a little nicer. Hope everyone is having a great day.View attachment 1187407

Good-looking Lambsfoot Fred :thumbsup:

Reveille, Reveille, Reveille, All hands on deck. Trice up all racks. Clean sweep-down fore and aft. Empty all trash cans over the side. Muster on the Forecastle with appropriate Lambfoot. Uniform of the day is as Guardians desire.

zY9v6rD.jpg

Missing the Navy Ed? :D Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Snacklicious Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

I want to live at Harvey's! :thumbsup::D

Me too! :D Bet he lives in a gingerbread cottage! :D ;) :thumbsup:

It's starting to feel like fall. :) 60F
View attachment 1187531

Enjoy the cooler weather Dave, beautiful ebony :) :thumbsup:

All dressed up and ready to go!

View attachment 1187575

Nice set-up :)

Home from work, so a Lambsfoot goes in the pocket. :)

Happy days! :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1187657
Rosewood catching some rays.

Good-looking Rosewood Jon :thumbsup:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone and good evening Guardians!
Carried this Ironwood again today.
Fee6cLR.jpg

recycled pic:rolleyes:

Smashing pic Mark, well worth recycling :) :thumbsup:

"A Walk in Nature" #17
Baby pine cones
Dsf2j0a.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Wonderful Dan :) :thumbsup:

...I get real close to the knife with my phone...

:eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm doing good my friend, thanks for asking! :):thumbsup: Just have to endure a couple of MRI's tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Great to see you here Dennis, hope the MRIs go OK my friend :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. Big'un again for me today, but only because I'm flushing the joints and cleaning the other lambsfoots I have. :thumbsup:
62wpiMR.jpg

Morning David, good choice there :) :thumbsup:

I'll be up bright and early for my weekly trip to the market tomorrow, and I think I'm going to take The Black Prince with me ;) Have a great day folks :thumbsup:

1i7KGDL.jpg
Couple of aces there, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thissun is a Lambsfoot! :D
Jf8IjBS.jpg
Big, Bold, Beguiling! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yesterday afternoon I gave my lambsfoot a spa treatment after our camping vacation by the sea.
While waiting for the doc I reread tips about sharpening and watched videos.
After I came home I tried again and was able with seemingly little effort re profile the bevel, find the burr, and get it to shaving sharp :).
CpxvUeL.jpg
"A Walk in Nature" #17
Baby pine cones
Dsf2j0a.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
What was the most helpful sharpening tip, Dan?
Your ebony looks clean and classy! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Did you modify/pinch the bolsters on that knife?

Thanks, GT. I'll just consider it a bit of character building. ;)

It was my usual: the standard buffalo horn.
Losing that one would be tough (but I suppose that's true about most of our knives).

I hadn't heard that about Krispy Kreme, I'll have to check on that.
The Land Shark would seem like an appropriate carry for Talk Like a Pirate Day. But I'd think any Lambfoot would be fitting, it just seems like a pocket knife that a pirate would carry.
Apparently, I'm living in the past, John. :rolleyes: A Google search revealed Krispy Kreme hasn't done that promotion for a couple of years. :( When I had cataract surgery in January, the anesthesiologist told me a bunch of pirate jokes; I'll have to see if I can remember any of those.

1HwWMyGh.jpg

They're ready to go. :)
Dynamite! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Gonna be a hot time in the old time tonight at Greg's place!

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Beautiful color on Valley Jack.

Yep. That’s where I got the phrase.:)
Thanks, Harvey. :)
And thanks for the Deja Vu link; lotta good music on that album! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

urvZq66.jpg

This cat is hip! The knife's pretty cool, too. :cool:
Eminent rosewood, Vince, and what looks to be some energetic music! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

GT, In my defence I was left unsupervised. ;):p
View attachment 1187272
:D:D No excuse, Dave!

Thanks Gary, yes it's the Guardians 2018 I won in Jack's 1000 page draw.:):thumbsup:
Thanks for the confirmation, José. :)

Good morning Guardians, the other side of "19".;):thumbsup:

That side or your ironwood looks first-class, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How does it look in the sun?

I once delivered a Karmen Ghia to Sigmund Freud's granddaughter :)

That's a great pic of Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:
How did you feel about that, Jack? ;):p
Thanks for the Valley Jack compliment. :)

I've been off the forums for a couple of weeks as I've been extremely busy so just sort of catching up with the thread. :thumbsup: Great pics everyone.
And an action shot. :)
osD0ubV.jpg
Welcome back, David, and thanks for another grand lambsfoot and pie pic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I wonder if we could get a free range lambsfoot sometime? :rolleyes:

This one has swept the pocket hog Hartshead out of my pocket at least for one more day. :D

jvFFMsnh.jpg
Couple of high-performance tools, Greg! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I've tried to get along with those Swiss knives, but I just never really took to them. But I do appreciate the array of tools they come with. So, I just got this Gerber Shard and I'll be testing it out in the coming weeks. I'll have a Lambsfoot in my front pocket for cutting duties, and the Shard in my watch pocket to take care of any screwdriver, bottle opening, or prying emergencies. :D

Your ebony WCLF looks as immaculate as ever, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Interesting tool. Is the V-notch supposed to be a little nail puller? Can't imagine you'd get much leverage.

They probably couldn’t catch a cold Gary! I was only carrying the one knife! ;)
View attachment 1187383
:D
Joy-inducing jigging on your WCLF, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope your BIL is fit to move soon.

Good (late) morning Guardians! As I continue to find ways to entertain myself, I offer a picture from my very makeshift studio of my A. Wright with the nice pattern side. Show side is eh.... This is a little nicer. Hope everyone is having a great day.View attachment 1187407
Kickin' stripes on your rosewood, Fred! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Reveille, Reveille, Reveille, All hands on deck. Trice up all racks. Clean sweep-down fore and aft. Empty all trash cans over the side. Muster on the Forecastle with appropriate Lambfoot. Uniform of the day is as Guardians desire.

zY9v6rD.jpg
Your big rosy rosewood is a looker, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Majestic stag, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's starting to feel like fall. :) 60F
View attachment 1187531
Your ebony lambsfoot is notable for its blackness, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Home from work, so a Lambsfoot goes in the pocket. :)
Optimal, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1187657
Rosewood catching some rays.
Rosewood can look phenomenal in the sunshine! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you very much, Gary!
It's actually a light fixture glass globe, the knife is setting inside of it. I found an old wooden pulley a couple of weeks ago, and decided to use it for a light. :D:thumbsup:
My Big'n today...
View attachment 1187784
Thanks for helping me out with the photo background, Dennis. :)
Quite the impressive big horn lambsfoot that can slice through rock!! ;):cool::cool:

Good morning and a great weekend for all Guardians.:):thumbsup:

Very regal knife, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Valley Jack redux:
IJ.pile.open.shovel.jpg

- GT

Good morning to all! And that is all I have for now. Might actually wander outside today and get some fresh air, weather is not too bad for what we could be seeing. A few more days of recovery and then back to the grind. Best enjoy it while I can.

Hope you have a great day Fred :thumbsup:

Valley Jack redux:
View attachment 1187827

Thanks pal, I do like the black stuff ;) Your Valley Jack is looking fine as wine :) :thumbsup:

Losing that one would be tough (but I suppose that's true about most of our knives).

Apparently, I'm living in the past, John. :rolleyes: A Google search revealed Krispy Kreme hasn't done that promotion for a couple of years. :( When I had cataract surgery in January, the anesthesiologist told me a bunch of pirate jokes; I'll have to see if I can remember any of those.

Dynamite! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Gonna be a hot time in the old time tonight at Greg's place!

And thanks for the Deja Vu link; lotta good music on that album! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Eminent rosewood, Vince, and what looks to be some energetic music! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

That side or your ironwood looks first-class, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: How does it look in the sun?

Welcome back, David, and thanks for another grand lambsfoot and pie pic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your ebony WCLF looks as immaculate as ever, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Interesting tool. Is the V-notch supposed to be a little nail puller? Can't imagine you'd get much leverage.

Joy-inducing jigging on your WCLF, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope your BIL is fit to move soon.

Your ebony lambsfoot is notable for its blackness, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Quite the impressive big horn lambsfoot that can slice through rock!! ;):cool::cool:

Valley Jack redux:
View attachment 1187827

- GT
One fine looking lambfoot!

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

I enjoy yours very much!:):thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis. :)

bad pirate jokes!:D:thumbsup:
Bad pirate jokes are the best. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard a GOOD pirate joke. :D

nice photo!
Thank you, Dennis. :)

That looks a useful little gadget. :thumbsup:
I've tried out the screwdrivers and they work really well.

I have various doohickeys of different kinds John :thumbsup:
I'd like to see a few that you find most useful. :cool::thumbsup:

Happy days! :) :thumbsup:
Always happy to get the Lambsfoot in the pocket. :cool::thumbsup:

the anesthesiologist told me a bunch of pirate jokes
I'm sure they were extra funny with the gas. :D

Interesting tool. Is the V-notch supposed to be a little nail puller? Can't imagine you'd get much leverage.
I think it's supposed to be a nail puller, but as a teacher I saw it as a staple puller. :D

Thanks, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

Great picture, I love the flashlight. It reminds me of the one I had in Scouts. :cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. Big'un again for me today, but only because I'm flushing the joints and cleaning the other lambsfoots I have. :thumbsup:
62wpiMR.jpg
Got enough beer for the weekend? :D

Lucy is looking Luscious. :D:thumbsup:

Fantastic picture of your Valley Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Valley Jack redux:
View attachment 1187827

- GT
Thanks GT! Wowzers :eek: that ironwood sure is a looker! :)

Here's to hoping he gets a regular room, then gets out of there!
Thanks Dennis:)

Hope so Ron, keep rubbing that Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:
Thanks so much Jack:)

Morning Guardians, it's been a short week here due to our previous three-day weekend. Still nice to have Friday come round though :) Have a good one folks, the weekend is nearly here :) :thumbsup:

a2ZtN6G.jpg

ZEr5WNY.jpg
That Luscious Lucy is one darn fine looking lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Gary! :)

Big Rose is on duty today! Y’all have a blessed day! :thumbsup: :)

CF6583C5-FF22-426D-9CC0-7B6011411705.jpeg

Back