Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning Guardians, it's been a short week here due to our previous three-day weekend. Still nice to have Friday come round though :) Have a good one folks, the weekend is nearly here :) :thumbsup:

a2ZtN6G.jpg

ZEr5WNY.jpg
Great photos Jack! Both of these knives are gems. Top notch!

What was the most helpful sharpening tip, Dan?
Your ebony looks clean and classy! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Did you modify/pinch the bolsters on that knife?

- GT

TY GT, I think the most helpful thing was to step away, think about it and come back to it later. Perhaps I was tense and in a rush re my doctor's appointments.
I was using to much pressure and not letting the abrasives do the work and for some reason I was using too big of an angle.
So I put back the little angle guides on the ends of my stone and voila, got the burr in no time.
I did not modify the bolsters, it's an effect from the lighting at the moment of taking the photo. I just noticed it, you have an eye for detail :thumbsup::)

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. You know I love the pattern on your Big’Un Lambsfoot. Best wishes on enduring and the outcomes of your two MRIs.:thumbsup:

@donn - Thank you David. That barrel should slake even a king-sized thirst.:) Cheers!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:) Fine images of those two lovely Lambs in the great outdoors.
6633B591-685C-441D-853B-EAA30BC93B48_zpsrxzdqnpz.jpeg

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Valley Jack is always a good looker.:thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
FF2A9D18-CEEE-4425-8C36-638CB2EFBEB0.jpeg

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. You know I love the pattern on your Big’Un Lambsfoot. Best wishes on enduring and the outcomes of your two MRIs.:thumbsup:

@donn - Thank you David. That barrel should slake even a king-sized thirst.:) Cheers!

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.:) Fine images of those two lovely Lambs in the great outdoors.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1188006
Is that your house Harvey!? :)

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1188006
Love that photo Harvey. Very nice.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Lucy is looking Luscious. :D:thumbsup:

Still a beauty Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

Great picture of little ghost Lucy.:):thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

Nice thread John :) :thumbsup:

Its a tribute to Jack Black :D

Thanks pal! :D :thumbsup:

Happy Friday Guardians

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

La crème de la crème. :)
View attachment 1187860
Just like the good ole' Anglo-American Match Races ;)

Nice piano keys JP ;) :) :thumbsup:

This lambfoot is Ford tough! :cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1187868

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Jack:)

That Luscious Lucy is one darn fine looking lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thank you Gary! :)

Big Rose is on duty today! Y’all have a blessed day! :thumbsup: :)

View attachment 1187874

Thanks buddy :) Hope you and Big Rose have another posting soon :thumbsup:

Nice photo of the arachnid. The knife h'aint bad either!
Thanks, Bill. He was a fast little guy.
Sounds good Kevin, he probably wanted some of your shake ;) Nice pics my friend :thumbsup:
He can't have any! The last thing I need is spiders all jacked up on caffeine and sugar running around here. ;):D

Your model Karmen Ghia looked good. My brothers and I went through a rather lengthy phase in our youths during which we put together many model rockets, airplanes, and cars/trucks. I was not very adept at it. :( My best glue jobs tended to be unintentionally getting fingers stuck together. :rolleyes:
I don't remember if you've already posted something like this, but if you had a model of a 50s "two-tone" car, your two-tone horn lambsfoot would look amazing with it! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

FBC, that drink sounds fantastic, but I'm not thrilled with the company you were keeping while you drank it! :thumbsup::confused:

Valley Jack's mark side:
vj-mark-vopen-shovel-flat-jpg.1187061
GT, did you use a well ventilated area for this model building? ;):D
I know I don't have any model 50's American cars ( that I built ) but I might have a toy or two. I'll see what I can find.

VJ looks poised to strike. :D

I once delivered a Karmen Ghia to Sigmund Freud's granddaughter :)
Was she cute? ;)

It is! I started back in 1980 and use to work out every day. Not so much now.
I understand about "just one more hobby "! Like you, guitars, knives and forging keeps me poor!:D:thumbsup:
I think it was the "getting married" that keeps me poor. :D

Thank you kindly, Kevin! They really have some beautiful horn out there!:thumbsup:
Wrights sure does a nice job with the horn handles. :thumbsup:

My Big'n today...
20190829_183034-1470x3024-jpg.1187784
Hey, Dennis, that doughnut looks a little stale ;)
Looks like the Big'n made short work of it anyway. :D

Pics from yesterday.

48644524152_cae983ca93_h.jpg

Sausage and Lambsfoot knives, they just seem to go together. :D
48645457167_eec830b735_h.jpg

Jake helped with changing out some hose fittings. I have to say that the Lambsfoot blade shape is ideal for these kinds of tasks. :thumbsup:

Great photos Jack! Both of these knives are gems. Top notch!

Thanks a lot Jon, been nice carrying Lucy again :) :thumbsup:

TY Jack ! :thumbsup:

I just realized how what I wrote can be interpreted in a slight different way LOL :D , hilarious the funny things we say when writing in a second language :D

Thanks Dan :) Yeah, you lost me for a minute! :D :thumbsup:

TY GT, I think the most helpful thing was to step away, think about it and come back to it later. Perhaps I was tense and in a rush re my doctor's appointments.
I was using to much pressure and not letting the abrasives do the work and for some reason I was using too big of an angle.
So I put back the little angle guides on the ends of my stone and voila, got the burr in no time.
I did not modify the bolsters, it's an effect from the lighting at the moment of taking the photo. I just noticed it, you have an eye for detail :thumbsup::)

That's it :) :thumbsup:

And a Good Friday Morning to everyone!
O9sv99y.jpg

Great pic Vince :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1187896 Good morning, Guardians! We did a little tree climbing in the park this morn!

Nice ebony Ben :thumbsup:

It's the Jack Black Horn for me today. Don't forget 19 September -"Pirate Day" !!!!

zBkf6Wp.jpg

Glad you're liking that one shipmate ;) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1188006

Thank you my friend :D :) Smashing pic :thumbsup:

Just thought I would post the pile side for a change.

View attachment 1188029

That's nice Bill :) :thumbsup:

Was she cute? ;)

Pics from yesterday.

48644524152_cae983ca93_h.jpg

Sausage and Lambsfoot knives, they just seem to go together. :D
48645457167_eec830b735_h.jpg

Jake helped with changing out some hose fittings. I have to say that the Lambsfoot blade shape is ideal for these kinds of tasks. :thumbsup:

Not so much that I'm still dreaming about her! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Great pics Kevin, nice to see you're eating well ;) :thumbsup:

Back