Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Interesting knife grip. I'm going to try that next time I cut hose. :cool::thumbsup:
I hope it works for you as well as it did for me.

Great pics Kevin, nice to see you're eating well ;) :thumbsup:
A little too well I fear, I have had sausage the last 3 days in a row. :D

Taking the old pocket hog out with me again tomorrow :) Have a wonderful weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

QTcH2HE.jpg
A precarious perch for the Pocket Hog. :eek::D
The HHB and background make for a fine picture. :thumbsup:

Happy that football season is back.
Going to watch my nephew play in Galt tonight and going to watch the Sac State game tomorrow night.
I will be totin' my Lamb as usual, as long as they haven't added any security checkpoints (knife confiscation stations).

You were just a stones throw from my neck of the woods.
I hope the game went well for your Nephew.

Good morning Guardians! Plan on escaping my home recovery ward today, hope to get some photos. Enjoy this day!

Good to hear of your escape. I hope they don't send the dogs after you. ;):D

Thanks Dennis; sometimes that knife sees more pie than anything else. :D
What are those bizarre white spots on the blade?
It's slowly going through the patina process... the great metamorphosis!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians. Big'un again for me today, but only because I'm flushing the joints and cleaning the other lambsfoots I have. :thumbsup:
62wpiMR.jpg
Looks like you have enough flushing fluid for your joints!:D:thumbsup:
Great to see you here Dennis, hope the MRIs go OK my friend :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!:):thumbsup:
Quite the impressive big horn lambsfoot that can slice through rock!! ;):cool::cool:
:D
It was a special run of adamantium blades!:p:thumbsup:
Great picture, I love the flashlight. It reminds me of the one I had in Scouts. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John!
It's actually a magnifying glass with a light and a scale, used by our troopers for checking pupil dilation. It's quite handy for looking at fine details.
75per.jpg
You know I love the pattern on your Big’Un Lambsfoot. Best wishes on enduring and the outcomes of your two MRIs.:thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Harvey! It really is becoming one of my favorites to carry!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians.
ff2a9d18-ceee-4425-8c36-638cb2efbeb0-jpeg.1188006
Wonderful photo, Dwight! Such a grand Lambsfoot!:eek::thumbsup:
Hey, Dennis, that doughnut looks a little stale ;)
Looks like the Big'n made short work of it anyway. :D
:p;)
It slices, it dices, it juliennes!:cool::thumbsup:
I escaped! For a little while anyway, accompanied by the ebony lambsfoot. This is a over 100 year old corn crib. Amazing how good the oak still is after all these years.
View attachment 1188360
Good for you, Fred! Cool photo!:cool::thumbsup:
Hope y’all have a good one! :) Totin this Weeun today! ;)

41992444392_9568a4262b_b_d.jpg
Good looking photo, Ron!;):thumbsup:
That didn't take long. :)
Glad you got it "squared" away, John!:D
Good looking pair you have there!:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians.
6f6a3836-9ba1-4a08-af5a-b3dd6ed8b805-jpeg.1188494
Nice Lamb sparkles, Harvey!:D Your HHB is looking good!:thumbsup:
Have not been carrying a lambfoot much recently but thought it high time I give the Barlow a trip out.View attachment 1188527
:cool::thumbsup:
Looks like your HHB is enjoying the day out!
Happy weekend Jack and fellow Guardians!
Sorry for the focus on the butterfly and not the Lambfoots.:)

V6k5m3R.jpg
Hey, isn't that a Heart song..."Lamb and Butterfly "?
Still, a nice photo, Mark!:cool::thumbsup:
Cool COLD photo, Dave!:D:thumbsup:
This one is not a " Walking in Nature" :) ...... more like " Sitting down comfortably in your camping chair in nature ".
This curious goose ate a few grapes we tossed him. It was interesting to see the bulge in his long neck progress downwards as he swallow them.
sJZBRfZ.jpg
Cool shot!:cool::thumbsup:
At least he didn't chase ya!;):thumbsup:
View attachment 1188558 Afternoon guardians had to share these 3 lambsfoot thanks to Jack Black Jack Black . He has made 2 of my grandchildren very happy and of course also myself.
Awsome! Congratulations! Jack really is a great guy!:):thumbsup:
Both the walking stick and the Waynorth Lambfoot showed up in today's mail.

View attachment 1188568
Nice! Both look like they'll serve you well!:cool::thumbsup:

Took this pic for the Trad' n Toy thread but I thought it could go here too.
Awhile back ( I use that term when I can't remember how long ago it was. :p) I posted a thread about making this traditional Appalachian toy called a Gee Haw Whimmy Diddle. Sorry, no Lambsfoot content in that thread but here is a link if you would like to check it out anyway. Also a link with some history on the toy.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/me-hugo-and-a-gee-haw-whimmy-diddle.1507736/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gee-haw_whammy_diddle

48649923073_50167672aa_h.jpg
Ingenious! Looks like a fun project! Good job, Kevin!
“A Walk in Nature” # 18
4mgQom9.jpg

RE5qK5k.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
More great butterflies and Lambs! Great photo, Dan!:cool::thumbsup:
Hope all have a great weekend ...

kshQYht.jpg
Great way to start the weekend! Nice WCLF!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also carrying my HHB...
50per.jpg

Happy that football season is back.
Going to watch my nephew play in Galt tonight and going to watch the Sac State game tomorrow night.
I will be totin' my Lamb as usual, as long as they haven't added any security checkpoints (knife confiscation stations).

Hope that it was a great game John, and that you got to watch it with your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Plan on escaping my home recovery ward today, hope to get some photos. Enjoy this day!

Good luck Fred :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. It's the tower and ruined nave and chapter house of Howden Minster in East Yorkshire.
gcVmb0E.jpg

I'll try. :D
Valley Jack is looking ready for chores there. :thumbsup:

LOL! They were just the empties John, used as anchors for tying down the gazebo over the bar at a beer festival I helped set up. :D
lxPUqlD.jpg

The actual beer (the real ale) was 6 firkins on the garden bar and a further 3 firkins in the pub :thumbsup:
Jgknm7G.jpg

2Y5fREw.jpg

aJtnKXx.jpg

It was only a small beer festival but as it was the landlord's first at that pub he was so happy with how it turned out he's repeating it next year. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that Jolipapa. I live about 15 miles from Oulton Park; they have all sorts of interesting motor sports stuff on there. :thumbsup:

Aye my thirst was slaked. So much in fact I've not had a beer in nearly two weeks...:eek:
But what a perfect little house! I could live in that...:cool:

Now that stag is looking nice and dark. :thumbsup:

But which ones which? :)

Fascinating David, great pic :) The beer festival looks pretty good too :) :thumbsup:

Back at you Jack. Going to be celebrating the Labor Day holiday at my home in NC with friends from our neighborhood. Good eats, good drinks, great conversation.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Hope you and all my US friends are having a fantastic Labor Day weekend Bill :) :thumbsup:

I escaped! For a little while anyway, accompanied by the ebony lambsfoot. This is a over 100 year old corn crib. Amazing how good the oak still is after all these years.
View attachment 1188360

Nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Hope y’all have a good one! :) Totin this Weeun today! ;)

41992444392_9568a4262b_b_d.jpg

Sweet stag Ron :)

That didn't take long. :)

Nice black n tan combo John :thumbsup:

Smashing pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Have not been carrying a lambfoot much recently but thought it high time I give the Barlow a trip out.View attachment 1188527

That's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

V6k5m3R.jpg

Still a striking image Mark :) :thumbsup:

Very cool Dave ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1188558 Afternoon guardians had to share these 3 lambsfoot thanks to Jack Black Jack Black . He has made 2 of my grandchildren very happy and of course also myself.

I know they've gone to a good home my friend :) :thumbsup:

Both the walking stick and the Waynorth Lambfoot showed up in today's mail.

View attachment 1188568

Happy days! :)

Took this pic for the Trad' n Toy thread but I thought it could go here too.
Awhile back ( I use that term when I can't remember how long ago it was. :p) I posted a thread about making this traditional Appalachian toy called a Gee Haw Whimmy Diddle. Sorry, no Lambsfoot content in that thread but here is a link if you would like to check it out anyway. Also a link with some history on the toy.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/me-hugo-and-a-gee-haw-whimmy-diddle.1507736/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gee-haw_whammy_diddle

48649923073_50167672aa_h.jpg

Very interesting Kevin :thumbsup:

A little too well I fear, I have had sausage the last 3 days in a row. :D

A precarious perch for the Pocket Hog. :eek::D
The HHB and background make for a fine picture. :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

“A Walk in Nature” # 18
4mgQom9.jpg

RE5qK5k.jpg

Album:

Superb pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Lots of great photos today. I've been pre-occupied the past couple weeks with selling and buying a house but hopefully I can get caught back up as thing start to settle down. Hope all have a great weekend ...

kshQYht.jpg

Good luck in your new home :) Cheers :thumbsup:

Masterful mega-quote my friend, and a nice pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1188923 Good morning guardians starting today off with a buffalo horn and blueberry muffin combo

Great start to the day Al :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a fab weekend :) I had an enjoyable day yesterday, though my hike was cut short by heavy rain. We ended up in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and checked out the historic Piece Hall :thumbsup:

mZue5Vq.jpg

69eH29H.jpg

CNd1e6z.jpg

XbjrAh6.jpg

I've got plenty of chores to do in the house today, so hanging onto my Hartshead Barlow for now, but I might switch later :thumbsup:

DUpz7ll.jpg

Good morning all! Going to visit my Uncle today with a crab feast with friends later. While I don't use a lambsfoot for picking crabs, I have an old Buck penknife that has been my exclusive picking knife for many years now. I don't get as many sideways looks as I used to, but some still question my sanity. Just don't care for the mass produced chunky knives that are the norm around here.

That's a great picture. I wonder if shark tooth would make a good cover material.

donn donn - Thank you David and thank you as always for sharing that most enjoyable looking beer festival.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1188494

Fascinating David, great pic :) The beer festival looks pretty good too :) :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps, beer festival was great ta! :):thumbsup:

And a bath to...:)

V6k5m3R.jpg

“A Walk in Nature” # 18
4mgQom9.jpg

RE5qK5k.jpg

Album:

What smashing pics. You both must of been waiting for ages for those butterflies to land. :thumbsup:

Oh dear Dave. Has autumn arrived in Canada? Cos it's arrived in the UK. :rolleyes:

It's slowly going through the patina process... the great metamorphosis!:cool::thumbsup:

Looks like you have enough flushing fluid for your joints!:D:thumbsup:

Also carrying my HHB...
View attachment 1188903

LOL! And don't my joints need flushing often these days...:(
Great HHB. :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a fab weekend :) I had an enjoyable day yesterday, though my hike was cut short by heavy rain. We ended up in Halifax, West Yorkshire, and checked out the historic Piece Hall :thumbsup:

mZue5Vq.jpg

69eH29H.jpg

CNd1e6z.jpg

XbjrAh6.jpg

I've got plenty of chores to do in the house today, so hanging onto my Hartshead Barlow for now, but I might switch later :thumbsup:

DUpz7ll.jpg

Fascinating pictures Jack; I think I'd read about the renovation of that place then promptly forgot about it.
But I've just spent five minutes trying to find the lambsfoot that surely you must of perched on the gate before taking the photo. :D

Great pics everyone. :thumbsup: It appears Imgur isn't working for me at the mo' so I'll come back later with a picture of today's carry (probably the Big'un for some gardening).
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday lined up. :thumbsup:

I have a heartwarming tale to share this morning Guardians :) A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had been looking after my friend's kids for the day, and that we'd been out foraging and practicing knife and fire skills :)

UXw8u3w.jpg

qW6zI1r.jpg

Reaper AL Reaper AL has two grandsons who like to read the Guardians thread, and having seen the pics I posted, one of the boys, who makes Paracord bracelets, asked Al to ask me if he could make some for my friend's kids. I was just amazed by this kind thought, what a fine young man :)

I got my pal to measure up the kids, and in no time at all a large box arrived at Grumble Towers, with a range of goodies from Al and his family. Al's grandson made a couple of bracelets for each of the kids, as well as one for me and their dad, plus some very nice key-chain attachments, and some spare Fire-cord for the boys' tinder kits. The kids have been very excited, and I know they're going to be so thrilled when they receive these gifts from a very kind young man and his grandfather :) Al also has granddaughter's, and having heard that a package was being sent across the Pond, one of them wanted to include something for my friend's daughter, so in addition to the cool bracelets, she has a couple of Beanie Boo's too :)

YqdcVGo.jpg

I am very impressed with my own bracelet, it's the first one I've had which actually fits me (a great piece of guesswork by Al)! :D As you can see it has a special buckle, with a ferro rod and striker (and whistle) to complement the Fire-cord (Paracord with waxed jute twine, which can be ignited even when wet) :thumbsup:

cLQAQf8.jpg

xJ9HQq9.jpg

vPaQ2KM.jpg

Al also threw in some other goodies, a couple of Case belt sheaths and pocket slips, as well as a great pre-loaded leather strop, which I've already used (there's also a very special pocket knife).

ZfCpeon.jpg

I really can't thank Al and his family enough, and will post an update when I give the gifts to my friend's kids :) I'm sure Al's grandson's kindness has raised some big smiles in Guardianland, and that the meticulous quality of his workmanship is being admired - let me just add that this talented young man is six years old! I am just flabbergasted at the way Al and his family have reached out like this, and (honestly) I'm smiling so much my face is hurting! :D We see a lot of generosity here on The Porch, but I think this deserves a special mention :) :thumbsup:

Fascinating pictures Jack; I think I'd read about the renovation of that place then promptly forgot about it.
But I've just spent five minutes trying to find the lambsfoot that surely you must of perched on the gate before taking the photo. :D

Great pics everyone. :thumbsup: It appears Imgur isn't working for me at the mo' so I'll come back later with a picture of today's carry (probably the Big'un for some gardening).
Hope everyone has a nice Sunday lined up. :thumbsup:

Thanks David, they took a long time doing the pace up. Sadly, they have concreted over the old sloping cobbled floor :( I took this pic of my AC the last time I visited the Piece Hall, so didn't want to replicate it :D :thumbsup:

KZ1N0dM.jpg

It rained that day too! :rolleyes:

JuR7Pal.jpg

Cool COLD photo, Dave!:D:thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis its always a pleasure seeing your post. :thumbsup::)
Very cool Dave ;) :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. :thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, Jack, for another piece of history :thumbsup: I'm thinking this would be one of the first shopping malls in your area :D
Oh dear Dave. Has autumn arrived in Canada? Cos it's arrived in the UK. :rolleyes:
It sure seems that way, David. August should be in the high 70's/'80s even 90's it's averaging in the '60s this year :)

Jack glad everything made it safely.i am glad to see your bracelet fits and hope the boys and their sister are happy with theirs. The best part of this thread is the kindness and respect that everyone shows for everyone else. I lurked on the blade forums for a couple of years before joining because i wanted to join a respectful community and was a little afraid of posting on the guardians thread for fear of not meeting the standards everyone holds here.with that being said I feel I have been accepted and a heart felt thank you goes out to everyone for making me feel at home

I have a heartwarming tale to share this morning Guardians :) A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had been looking after my friend's kids for the day, and that we'd been out foraging and practicing knife and fire skills :)

UXw8u3w.jpg

qW6zI1r.jpg

Reaper AL Reaper AL has two grandsons who like to read the Guardians thread, and having seen the pics I posted, one of the boys, who makes Paracord bracelets, asked Al to ask me if he could make some for my friend's kids. I was just amazed by this kind thought, what a fine young man :)

I got my pal to measure up the kids, and in no time at all a large box arrived at Grumble Towers, with a range of goodies from Al and his family. Al's grandson made a couple of bracelets for each of the kids, as well as one for me and their dad, plus some very nice key-chain attachments, and some spare Fire-cord for the boys' tinder kits. The kids have been very excited, and I know they're going to be so thrilled when they receive these gifts from a very kind young man and his grandfather :) Al also has granddaughter's, and having heard that a package was being sent across the Pond, one of them wanted to include something for my friend's daughter, so in addition to the cool bracelets, she has a couple of Beanie Boo's too :)

YqdcVGo.jpg

I am very impressed with my own bracelet, it's the first one I've had which actually fits me (a great piece of guesswork by Al)! :D As you can see it has a special buckle, with a ferro rod and striker (and whistle) to complement the Fire-cord (Paracord with waxed jute twine, which can be ignited even when wet) :thumbsup:

cLQAQf8.jpg

xJ9HQq9.jpg

vPaQ2KM.jpg

Al also threw in some other goodies, a couple of Case belt sheaths and pocket slips, as well as a great pre-loaded leather strop, which I've already used (there's also a very special pocket knife).

ZfCpeon.jpg

I really can't thank Al and his family enough, and will post an update when I give the gifts to my friend's kids :) I'm sure Al's grandson's kindness has raised some big smiles in Guardianland, and that the meticulous quality of his workmanship is being admired - let me just add that this talented young man is six years old! I am just flabbergasted at the way Al and his family have reached out like this, and (honestly) I'm smiling so much my face is hurting! :D We see a lot of generosity here on The Porch, but I think this deserves a special mention :) :thumbsup:
Jack glad everything made it safely.i am glad to see your bracelet fits and hope the boys and their sister are happy with theirs. The best part of this thread is the kindness and respect that everyone shows for everyone else. I lurked on the blade forums for a couple of years before joining because i wanted to join a respectful community and was a little afraid of posting on the guardians thread for fear of not meeting the standards everyone holds here.with that being said I feel I have been accepted and a heart felt thank you goes out to everyone for making me feel at home

Looking through this thread is going to cost me money. What currently available lambs foot would you guys recommend?

Thank you Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Jack, for another piece of history :thumbsup: I'm thinking this would be one of the first shopping malls in your area :D

LOL! Yeah, I guess so Dave :D The remains of the White Cloth Hall in Leeds date to 1711, but even after restoration, the place is never going to look like the Halifax Piece Hall. The second Leeds White Cloth Hall was built in 1756, but being too small, it was demolished 30 years later, with the third White Cloth Hall (some of which still stands) being built in 1775-76. The sites of both the first and third White Cloth Halls were close to another Leeds mall, which still stands today ;) :thumbsup:

800px-Leeds_Corn_Exchange.jpg

My Ironwood lambsfoot Totem is the star of the day. :)
View attachment 1188960

Excellent pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again Al, I'm glad you feel at home here my friend, it's great to have you here :) :thumbsup:

Back