Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you, Jack. :) I see your HHB is still the leader of the pack.:thumbsup::cool:

It is taking a lot of shifting Dave! :D It's been a while since I had a knife that was this stubborn about leaving my pocket ;) I feel kind of guilty about neglecting all my others, and much as I like it, I can't entirely explain the attraction :rolleyes: I must say that I do like the extra heft in the hand, not entirely logical, but perhaps that's one of the reasons the Barlow is such a successful pattern historically :thumbsup:

It is taking a lot of shifting Dave! :D It's been a while since I had a knife that was this stubborn about leaving my pocket ;) I feel kind of guilty about neglecting all my others, and much as I like it, I can't entirely explain the attraction :rolleyes: I must say that I do like the extra heft in the hand, not entirely logical, but perhaps that's one of the reasons the Barlow is such a successful pattern historically :thumbsup:
That's great Jack! It's not often these days that a fellow can settle and feel content with a particular knife. I find that we have so much variety in the marketplace that it becomes overwhelming at times whether it be knives, automobiles or even beer :eek: well maybe not beer lol :p

That's great Jack! It's not often these days that a fellow can settle and feel content with a particular knife. I find that we have so much variety in the marketplace that it becomes overwhelming at times whether it be knives, automobiles or even beer :eek: well maybe not beer lol :p

I doubt it'll last forever Dave, but I do like this one :) Hard to imagine that there are periods of my life where I have carried the same knife for a decade :rolleyes: Yeah, I like being spoiled for choice with the beer! :D :thumbsup:

IiYarQj.jpg

Fantastic pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

You too Mark, lovely composition :) :thumbsup:

Interesting reading Jer :thumbsup:

Hope you had a good one John, love those shakers :D :thumbsup:

Bon appetit Ed :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Incredible pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Good to see you here Barry, I was just wondering how you were yesterday :) Hope all is well :thumbsup:

Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes well :thumbsup:

Happy memories GT, and it's nice to see Cracker Jack :) I'm afraid I lost a post of yours a while back, so I missed commenting on your tree/house mishap, sorry to hear about that my friend, and hope everything is all sorted out now :thumbsup: Great idea about the moustaches! :D :thumbsup:

Another pic from yesterday :thumbsup:

qIJoWUm.jpg
Thanks Jack! Love the HHB shots! The Cardigan Arms looks like a good place to unwind and very interesting pics from the museum. That steam engine is just beautiful.:thumbsup::cool:

I spent the day with family. We went and visited Stella, the Jack Russell terrier who was missing for a few days a month ago and Stellas new companion, Indy, a 12 week old "Daniff"- a cross between a Great Dane and an English Mastiff. ( I'll edit in a pic)
Also, spent some range time with my 2 sons and got in some target practice, always an enjoyable time with my favorite people.
My Ironwood '19 handled all the cutting duties handily and was admired by all those who had opportunity to hold and use her. Here she is catching a rather magnificent sunset on the old time swing with us. Not easy to get a decent sunset pic, i'm afraid this one will have to do.
c9NXdhI.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and wraps up the weekend in style!:thumbsup:
Vn2t9Wb.jpg

Thanks Jack! Love the HHB shots! The Cardigan Arms looks like a good place to unwind and very interesting pics from the museum. That steam engine is just beautiful.:thumbsup::cool:

I spent the day with family. We went and visited Stella, the Jack Russell terrier who was missing for a few days a month ago and Stellas new companion, Indy, a 12 week old "Daniff"- a cross between a Great Dane and an English Mastiff. ( I'll edit in a pic)
Also, spent some range time with my 2 sons and got in some target practice, always an enjoyable time with my favorite people.
My Ironwood '19 handled all the cutting duties handily and was admired by all those who had opportunity to hold and use her. Here she is catching a rather magnificent sunset on the old time swing with us. Not easy to get a decent sunset pic, i'm afraid this one will have to do.
c9NXdhI.jpg

Vn2t9Wb.jpg

Thanks Mark, the Cardigan Arms is like pubs used to be here, with several separate rooms, each with their own character. Unfortunately, in the 1960's, the big brewery companies started knocking the rooms into one, and the old architecture was destroyed. Against the odds, the Cardigan Arms manged to escape the modernisation process, but was struggling a bit in recent years until Kirkstall Brewery took it over. It seems to be thriving now :) I wish it was a little closer to where I live! :D :thumbsup:

I love to see those old engines working :) We are lucky here as there are quite a few :thumbsup:

That sounds like a wonderful Saturday my friend, and your photos are absolutely beautiful :) Hope you have a good Sunday :thumbsup:

“A Walk in Nature” # 34
Yesterday I went out looking for my little friend "Chippy". I did not see him, however I got to meet "Ruby" the red squirrel :).
It looks like she is a nursing mother. She is very shy, however she agreed to pose for a couple pics with my lambsfoot to share with the Guardians :)
BcW3FAo.jpg

uPKB8Be.jpg

DPfUqjh.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Fantastic shots Dan, you're like Dr Doolittle! :D If I look out of my window, there's almost always a squirrel or two in the garden, but they are greys and I wouldn't trust them not to make off with my knife! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Good Sunday morning to all. Spent yesterday preparing for and actually picking some corn. As you can see by the photo, stalks are still green so it will have to wait another week or so. The lambsfoot helped in a couple of tasks and got some bolster patina from sitting in my sweaty pocket. Summer is over, where are the fall temps??!!
IMG_2082 2.jpg

ChL84k2.jpg

We headed out of town, and after passing by Kirkstall Abbey, we walked a couple of miles along the Leeds-Liverpool canal to the Leeds Industrial Museum , which is situated in a huge old mill.

W3y8F0w.jpg

Outside the entrance, a couple of old fellers were enjoying a mug of tea, and I got talking to them. It turned out they had both worked at the museum, but were now retired, and one of them was about to run the steam engine, so we accompanied them down into the bowels of the mill to see this old beauty.

EUs7qLM.jpg

ZYphqQ0.jpg

ITOR8Uc.jpg

RqkgYHi.jpg

ngCm8v8.jpg

SWjhyn8.jpg

82sTtWs.jpg

After leaving the museum, we continued our walk, and ended up at a smashing pub, The Cardigan Arms. A rare survivor of the move to 'modernise' English pubs in the 1960's and 70's, it has recently been restored to its former glory by local Kirkstall Brewery. It was a great place to read the newspaper, have a couple of pints, and get something better to eat in the back snug :)

LdW54Yg.jpg

WzTYD0C.jpg
I really enjoyed all the pictures and the tour, Jack. Thanks for taking us along with you. :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope you had a good one John, love those shakers :D :thumbsup:
It was an enjoyable day. Thank you, Jack. :)

The peaches are canned and ready for winter. :)
View attachment 1196680
Those look delicious, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

c9NXdhI.jpg

What a fantastic picture, Mark. It looks like the cover of a magazine. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great squirrel picture, Dan. I don't think I could get them close enough to take a picture, our squirrels are too nervous to get that close. I'm enjoying your nature pictures a lot. :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. Just so busy chasing that little white ball around the links that I got a little behind with our "cult" dialogs. Love weekends but this one is on the downside - almost over. But hey, being retired means every day is a weekend....sorry, not trying to rub it in for all you working class folks.:)
IMG_1631.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Good Sunday morning to all. Spent yesterday preparing for and actually picking some corn. As you can see by the photo, stalks are still green so it will have to wait another week or so. The lambsfoot helped in a couple of tasks and got some bolster patina from sitting in my sweaty pocket. Summer is over, where are the fall temps??!!
View attachment 1196694

Nice to see a Lambsfoot at work :) :thumbsup:

On some people's bookshelves, Catchphrase rhan 2 would be right next to Catchphrase rhan 1. I never ever ever do anything nice and easy, however, so I've no idea where it is.
I found this mushroom book. Seems the older I get, the more flow there is to go with.
cSB7Pl4.jpg

I knew a lass in Sheffield years ago, she had grown up in Wales speaking Wales, and claimed not to have learned English until she moved to Sheffield as a kid. Unfortunately, as she grew older, she completely forgot her native lanuage, and then had to re-learn it as an adult :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed all the pictures and the tour, Jack. Thanks for taking us along with you. :cool: :thumbsup:

It was an enjoyable day. Thank you, Jack. :)

Those look delicious, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

What a fantastic picture, Mark. It looks like the cover of a magazine. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great squirrel picture, Dan. I don't think I could get them close enough to take a picture, our squirrels are too nervous to get that close. I'm enjoying your nature pictures a lot. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you John, I'm glad you had a nice day too :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Another day of the yard sale today. It's funny watching people try to talk you down from $5 on an item you paid $100 for. Lol :p

Yeah, some folks are shameless! I see it all the time on my mate's tool stall o_O

Good morning Guardians. Just so busy chasing that little white ball around the links that I got a little behind with our "cult" dialogs. Love weekends but this one is on the downside - almost over. But hey, being retired means every day is a weekend....sorry, not trying to rub it in for all you working class folks.:)
View attachment 1196728

You enjoy your retirement Bill, I'm sure you earned it :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

Another pic from the mill yesterday :)

2ff1aR3.jpg

Back