1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    G,day everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. I went to a tractor pull competition and took some photos of old tractors and cars. @ Jack Black i have some pics here that i thought you may be interested in, they are of an old Bedford truck in mint condition, an old Wolseley and an Austin. These vehicles hold many memories for me, as i am sure they do for you mate. My uncle's only ever bought English cars, and they were just so well made and smooth to drive, leather seats, wooden instrument panels just fantastic. And the old Bedford trucks were the work horse of Australia for years. I loved riding in them as a kid. I know you English were great cutler's, but you were good at manufacturing full stop, especially vehicles. Hope you like the pics..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jack Black likes this.
  2. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    @waynorth I have thrown in a photo of a Lamb Foot so i do not get into strife, i was at a" tractor pull" country show on Sunday and they had some beautiful old restored cars,and knowing your liking for a good hot rod, took some photo's. They also had a fully restored Buick, and an Early model Ford.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. A triple rat-tail SFO would be brilliant.

@waynorth - Thank you kindly, Charlie.

mitch4ging, Jack Black and dc50 like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice tomato n Lambsfoot pics fellers ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, great to see those two together, I always forget you have two, but then I forget I have two! :D :thumbsup:

I once had a knife purloined by a cat I was looking after! :eek: It had got attached to her magnetic collar (for opening the cat-flap), but I didn't find that out until I had turned the whole house over, and spent the day looking for it! :rolleyes:

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Michael Elliott tells me he made thousands of those bolsters as an apprentice, but re-making the tooling would be expensive. I've been nagging Wright's about it for several years! ;)

Looks great Kevin, I'm glad you're getting to spend some time in the shop my friend :) Hope your wife had a good weekend too :thumbsup:

Very elegant John :thumbsup:

:cool: :thumbsup:

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, dc50, cigarrodog and 6 others like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm afraid the pics aren't showing mate :( I used to work on Bedfords a lot when I first left school, and my mate has an Austin K9 :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Gird your loins for another week my friends ;) :thumbsup:

With considerable effort, I have managed to wrestle my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket, and replaced it with this beauty from Charlie :thumbsup: Happy Birthday to our friend and fellow Guardian Mr @waynorth :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

JustinR, TFBraden, peanutsxx and 16 others like this.
  6. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Good morning and nice week.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, peanutsxx, WHT and 14 others like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! I don’t have nearly as many as you my friend and I do have to stop and think sometimes! ;) :eek:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  8. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m enjoying my coffee with @waynorth this morning! Happy Birthday Charlie! All the best to you my friend! :thumbsup: :D

[​IMG]

Dschal, TFBraden, peanutsxx and 12 others like this.
  9. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Good Morning Guardians! Finally a item on my to do list I look forward to doing:D:cool:. Just saw it was your Birthday!! @waynorth HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

EE330DEB-94C0-4C2E-82B2-76CDDCC95231.jpeg

Dschal, TFBraden, peanutsxx and 11 others like this.
  10. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks a lot John! Very nice of you to say my friend.:thumbsup:

Another great pic Dave!:cool:

What a beautiful pair of Ironwood Ron!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Kevin! :thumbsup: Lovely wood on your HHB!

Happy Monday Jack and all the Guardians!:thumbsup:
    Special birthday wishes to Charlie @waynorth and many more to come!;)
    Sorry for the poor quality on this other pic of the swing:
    [​IMG]

11. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Mark! :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Ramrodmb like this.
  12. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I want to start off wishing Charlie @waynorth a Happy Birthday. :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

Haha... That's a great picture. :D :thumbsup:

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

14. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Happy Birthday, Charlie! It's also Respect for the Aged Day (in Japan). And Mexican Independence Day. Lots of stuff to celebrate! :)
    [​IMG]

16. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I had a piece of cake 'for Charlie'! :D Forgot to take a pic though :( :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Have a good week my friend :thumbsup:

Awwww :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Dan :) :thumbsup:

Ay caramba! :eek: If I'd known it was Mexican Independence Day I'd have bought a bottle of tequila while I was out! :D I will have to toast the Irish/Scots Mexicans! :D ;) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Ramrodmb, dc50 and 4 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm sure Charlie will be having a great day with his family around him :) Been a heck of a year ey Charlie? ;) Wishing you many more happy birthdays my friend :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Although I am of Mexican descent (and Irish!), I do not care much for tequila. Going to buy me some Scotch tonight!
    ¡Viva Mexico! Sláinte!

dc50, Half/Stop, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I very rarely drink it Vince, but enjoy it when I do :) I'll break out the Bushmills Malt and have a dram later my friend ;) :thumbsup:

20. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Happy Birthday Charlie!!!! This one will be in my pocket today.

[​IMG]