Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

G,day everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. I went to a tractor pull competition and took some photos of old tractors and cars. @ Jack Black i have some pics here that i thought you may be interested in, they are of an old Bedford truck in mint condition, an old Wolseley and an Austin. These vehicles hold many memories for me, as i am sure they do for you mate. My uncle's only ever bought English cars, and they were just so well made and smooth to drive, leather seats, wooden instrument panels just fantastic. And the old Bedford trucks were the work horse of Australia for years. I loved riding in them as a kid. I know you English were great cutler's, but you were good at manufacturing full stop, especially vehicles. Hope you like the pics..
PjfXOe5.jpg
HB0XAoq.jpg
RSSrCWi.jpg

Nt2FB71.jpg
ohESOVJ.jpg

@waynorth I have thrown in a photo of a Lamb Foot so i do not get into strife, i was at a" tractor pull" country show on Sunday and they had some beautiful old restored cars,and knowing your liking for a good hot rod, took some photo's. They also had a fully restored Buick, and an Early model Ford.
luGXai7.jpg
CSyiuEc.jpg
l7uiTkn.jpg

zU5VpTP.jpg

sVUguja.jpg
bi5g7BP.jpg
nSZ8p2p.jpg

hz4vC9D.jpg

Thank you Harvey :) Well, despite the name of the diner, I think it was actually more of an English-style breakfast that they ruined rather than an American-style one! :rolleyes: What a terrific threesome, I'd love to get some of those triple rat-tail bolsters made up :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. A triple rat-tail SFO would be brilliant.

@waynorth - Thank you kindly, Charlie.

I got out some tomatoes for my chilli and my wife told me I should use a serrated knife to cut them.:rolleyes: I responded that who ever taught her that was unsafe and should not be trusted.:D She asked why, and I said if you don't keep your knife sharp enough to slice tomatoes you are unsafe and lazy. :D
HX2XuTJ.jpg

Thank you, Harvey, Tomatoes are next. :D
View attachment 1196892

Nice tomato n Lambsfoot pics fellers ;) :thumbsup:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :)

Jack Black Jack Black Thanks for the tour and all the great photos Jack! :thumbsup: :)

Lambsfoot content: :D

33206920508_df80f290b0_b_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, great to see those two together, I always forget you have two, but then I forget I have two! :D :thumbsup:

TY Jack :D
Now, if only my cat and my dog would have at least some respect for me and listen once in while :)

I once had a knife purloined by a cat I was looking after! :eek: It had got attached to her magnetic collar (for opening the cat-flap), but I didn't find that out until I had turned the whole house over, and spent the day looking for it! :rolleyes:

Have you ever seen a lamb petting a chipmunk with its foot ? ....
It's a little weird :D

zCxfbO0.jpg

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

And I would say. :thumbsup::p
aacc74f56411f6bd366a872794c1d7cd.jpg

LOL! Michael Elliott tells me he made thousands of those bolsters as an apprentice, but re-making the tooling would be expensive. I've been nagging Wright's about it for several years! ;)

Thank, Jack, I am. My wife is out of town for the weekend so I have had plenty of time in the shop to work on knives.
Btw, I can relate to your feelings about your HHB being a pocket hog. I seems I have to force myself to carry anything else but Jake lately....He's just a good worker, I like that.

Excellent pic, Mark.
The knife ain't too shabby either. ;)

I seem to have a abundance of interesting items that my wife likes to call crap.;) It has been suggested many times that I have a yard sale, I always refuse and tell them that I would rather just give it away. They always ask the same thing " Why? You could make a lot of money." First I think " No you can't.....hmmm, I wonder what they are selling at their yard sales" then I reply "Not enough money to deal with the people" I have also offered to split the money 50/50 if they wanted to do it......No takers so far. :rolleyes: :D

Your ebony Waynorth is pure class. :thumbsup:

I agree with Harvey, Dave.
Great shot and knife. :thumbsup:

48740000017_3705b19337_h.jpg

Looks great Kevin, I'm glad you're getting to spend some time in the shop my friend :) Hope your wife had a good weekend too :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot in my pocket all day...

Very elegant John :thumbsup:

Why, Dave, thank you for noticing.... ;):p:D I put a little ski wax on 'em. It seems to be working pretty good.
48740362676_d17d3a024d_h.jpg

:cool: :thumbsup:

Around the old house.
5VatxEU.jpg

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

G,day everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend. I went to a tractor pull competition and took some photos of old tractors and cars. @ Jack Black i have some pics here that i thought you may be interested in, they are of an old Bedford truck in mint condition, an old Wolseley and an Austin. These vehicles hold many memories for me, as i am sure they do for you mate. My uncle's only ever bought English cars, and they were just so well made and smooth to drive, leather seats, wooden instrument panels just fantastic. And the old Bedford trucks were the work horse of Australia for years. I loved riding in them as a kid. I know you English were great cutler's, but you were good at manufacturing full stop, especially vehicles. Hope you like the pics..
PjfXOe5.jpg
HB0XAoq.jpg
RSSrCWi.jpg

Nt2FB71.jpg
ohESOVJ.jpg

@waynorth I have thrown in a photo of a Lamb Foot so i do not get into strife, i was at a" tractor pull" country show on Sunday and they had some beautiful old restored cars,and knowing your liking for a good hot rod, took some photo's. They also had a fully restored Buick, and an Early model Ford.
luGXai7.jpg
CSyiuEc.jpg
l7uiTkn.jpg

zU5VpTP.jpg

sVUguja.jpg
bi5g7BP.jpg
nSZ8p2p.jpg

hz4vC9D.jpg

I'm afraid the pics aren't showing mate :( I used to work on Bedfords a lot when I first left school, and my mate has an Austin K9 :thumbsup:

qYrw631.jpg

Morning Guardians, hope everyone had a great weekend :) Gird your loins for another week my friends ;) :thumbsup:

With considerable effort, I have managed to wrestle my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket, and replaced it with this beauty from Charlie :thumbsup: Happy Birthday to our friend and fellow Guardian Mr @waynorth :) :thumbsup:

nLWGCdG.jpg

I really enjoyed all the pictures and the tour, Jack. Thanks for taking us along with you. :cool: :thumbsup:

It was an enjoyable day. Thank you, Jack. :)

Those look delicious, Dave. :cool: :thumbsup:

What a fantastic picture, Mark. It looks like the cover of a magazine. :cool: :thumbsup:

Great squirrel picture, Dan. I don't think I could get them close enough to take a picture, our squirrels are too nervous to get that close. I'm enjoying your nature pictures a lot. :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot John! Very nice of you to say my friend.:thumbsup:

Thank you, Harvey, Tomatoes are next. :D
View attachment 1196892
Another great pic Dave!:cool:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :)

Jack Black Jack Black Thanks for the tour and all the great photos Jack! :thumbsup: :)

Lambsfoot content: :D

33206920508_df80f290b0_b_d.jpg
What a beautiful pair of Ironwood Ron!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank, Jack, I am. My wife is out of town for the weekend so I have had plenty of time in the shop to work on knives.
Btw, I can relate to your feelings about your HHB being a pocket hog. I seems I have to force myself to carry anything else but Jake lately....He's just a good worker, I like that.

Excellent pic, Mark.
The knife ain't too shabby either. ;)

I seem to have a abundance of interesting items that my wife likes to call crap.;) It has been suggested many times that I have a yard sale, I always refuse and tell them that I would rather just give it away. They always ask the same thing " Why? You could make a lot of money." First I think " No you can't.....hmmm, I wonder what they are selling at their yard sales" then I reply "Not enough money to deal with the people" I have also offered to split the money 50/50 if they wanted to do it......No takers so far. :rolleyes: :D

Your ebony Waynorth is pure class. :thumbsup:

I agree with Harvey, Dave.
Great shot and knife. :thumbsup:

48740000017_3705b19337_h.jpg
Thanks Kevin! :thumbsup: Lovely wood on your HHB!

Happy Monday Jack and all the Guardians!:thumbsup:
Special birthday wishes to Charlie @waynorth and many more to come!;)
Sorry for the poor quality on this other pic of the swing:
3ZgMFFV.jpg

I’m enjoying my coffee with @waynorth this morning! Happy Birthday Charlie! All the best to you my friend! :thumbsup: :D

48379262366_94ca513d50_b_d.jpg

I had a piece of cake 'for Charlie'! :D Forgot to take a pic though :( :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Finally a item on my to do list I look forward to doing:D:cool:. Just saw it was your Birthday!! @waynorth HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

View attachment 1197340

:D :thumbsup:

Happy Monday Jack and all the Guardians!:thumbsup:
Special birthday wishes to Charlie @waynorth and many more to come!;)
Sorry for the poor quality on this other pic of the swing:
3ZgMFFV.jpg

Have a good week my friend :thumbsup:

Awwww :) :thumbsup:

“A Walk in Nature” # 35
okjQKYM.jpg

0hpl6BU.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE

Beautiful Dan :) :thumbsup:

Happy Birthday, Charlie! It's also Respect for the Aged Day (in Japan). And Mexican Independence Day. Lots of stuff to celebrate! :)
nBDPlG1.jpg

Ay caramba! :eek: If I'd known it was Mexican Independence Day I'd have bought a bottle of tequila while I was out! :D I will have to toast the Irish/Scots Mexicans! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back