Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

As always, interesting posts in the Guardians thread! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
As too often lately, there hasn't been an interesting post from me in the thread for quite some time (shame on you who're thinking, "Like ever!" :rolleyes:), and this post won't change that. ;)
Here's the lambsfoot I'm carrying with me this week. It's the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
jan18.gl.mark.patina.jpg

- GT

As too often lately, there hasn't been an interesting post from me in the thread for quite some time (shame on you who're thinking, "Like ever!" :rolleyes:), and this post won't change that. ;)
Here's the lambsfoot I'm carrying with me this week. It's the 2017 Guardians horn lambsfoot (thanks, @mrknife):
View attachment 1198655

- GT
Sweet patina GT! Hopefully I can add a buffalo handle to my collection someday. They are very elegant looking, of course Jacks SFO buffalo is the icing on the cake. :D

I find it interesting that the pivot is hidden on that Rodgers. I can understand why the TEW is built that way, with the plastic pop on handle scales. I was just perusing the TEW catalog and came across a screw together Lambsfoot (I know, it's an abomination. :eek:) Model - Endurance #741b. Have you came across any on these?

Yeah, I think whoever posted about them before had a bit more info about them, maybe even a name if I remember correctly. From what I recall, the covers were just glued on, but Rodgers had found some 'new' way of fixing them. 'Course I might just have dreamnt that! :D We need to update the index :thumbsup:

Link?! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

I'm finally here this afternoon; hope all is well in Guardian land!! Hi everyone!!
With me every day, lately!!
View attachment 1198605

Great to see you here Charlie, and that ebony beauty :) :thumbsup:

Again, thank you Kevin. Clearly Jack has a better informed knowledge base than I do. All I know, is that here was cool looking shadow pattern Lambfoot from Joseph Rogers. It’s not Bone, but a really tough jigged patterned bexoid. Perhaps the bexoid is glued. The blade appears to me to be carbon. There’s snap, no wobble, and the blade is centered and razor sharp. I think even Jack might like it if it was in his hands.:D

Jack Black Jack Black - More great images Jack.:)

Good Day Guardians.
E392493E-E8D2-4387-B6A9-DDEE3D18A478_zpsb70tiys4.jpeg

From what I recall that Bexoid is glued and pinned. Wright's still use a similar-looking material, it's referred to as Bexoid, but I think it's harder than the old stuff. Here's a couple of TEWs with Bexoid :thumbsup:

eFmM4Xf.jpg

Q2TpLQz.jpg

And I came across another Shadow by them :thumbsup:

vil3xfv.jpg

Thanks Harvey, I love that pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

This knife had a similar handle until rehandled and given to me as a gift! Looks like it's from the same time frame!! Great pics, Harvey!!
View attachment 1198622 View attachment 1198623

If I'm not mistaken Charlie, @glennbad might have shown that one here before he worked his magic (hope I've got that right! :D) It looks very special, nice gift :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1198655

- GT

Always a pleasure GT :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1198674

Done with work for the day!!;) Time to relax and practice my pirate dialect for tomorrow :p

LOL! Great pic Jon :) :thumbsup:

Well, it's 0035Zulu, Thursday, 19 September 2019 so that means it's:

PIRATE'S DAY !!!!

Now all ye Shellbacks and lowly Polliwogs lay to the Larboard Side of the Forecastle to observe Pirates Day, as declared by JohnDF JohnDF some time ago, Today, September 19, 2019, is "Pirate's Day"!!! Therefore, I have impressed (Shanghaied) this A. Wright Large Lambfoot Rosewood covered knife into service in Ed's Navy and called forth from the "Ancient Order of the Deep" various "Dizziens of the Deep Sea" to celebrate this glorious day.

RzTvd7O.jpg

Have a great night Captain Jack Black!!

A perfect start to a great holiday.
:cool: :thumbsup: Have a restful night Cap'n Jack. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thankee kindly shipmates! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning, just relaxing on the "Porch":);) Just about to have brekky.:thumbsup: Hope everyone has had a good day, i have to adjust for the time difference.:D
lLUHjXV.jpg

My eyes can't see it me heartie! :( :thumbsup:

Near the bexoid era I think, Harvey!

Arrrgghhh! :D :thumbsup:

I think that's right, Jack (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)! knowtracks sent it to Glennbad, then to me!!
Hope you are having a good sleep!!

Thankee kindly me old pal, nicely done! :thumbsup:

Here is a link to the Taylor Eye Witness - Endurance 741b Lambsfoot , for those who are curious.
http://taylors-eye-witness.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/endurance-2016.pdf

"The strongest pocket knife we have ever produced"

"Hand made in Sheffield by skilled craftsman"

Blistering barnacles! There be monsters! o_O Like monsters from the South China seas! o_O

Well, it's 0035Zulu, Thursday, 19 September 2019 so that means it's:

PIRATE'S DAY !!!!

Now all ye Shellbacks and lowly Polliwogs lay to the Larboard Side of the Forecastle to observe Pirates Day, as declared by JohnDF JohnDF some time ago, Today, September 19, 2019, is "Pirate's Day"!!! Therefore, I have impressed (Shanghaied) this A. Wright Large Lambfoot Rosewood covered knife into service in Ed's Navy and called forth from the "Ancient Order of the Deep" various "Dizziens of the Deep Sea" to celebrate this glorious day.

RzTvd7O.jpg

She's ship-shape and Bristol fashion! Arrgghh! :D :thumbsup:

An' I got out of my bunk early for this?! :rolleyes: :eek: 'Ave a good days piratin' Guardians! ;) :D :thumbsup:

smqrPob.jpg

I saw two lambsfoots on Time Team last night. Usually it's all trowels with the occasional Opinel. Phil was poking at something with a lambsfoot, and the guy who cast the socketed bronze axe used a lambsfoot to peel off his mold.
The bronze guy thought they should sacrifice something after pulling so much stuff out of there, so I presume he made the bronze sword that Francis bedded in the silt before they left. Season 7 episode 9, Ii think.
Nice little snickersnee, but I'm glad we've evolved lambsfoots.

Rose Beast will be getting some yard work soon.
x5DUPeC.jpg

Back