Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A. Wright Standard Lambfoot Knife Buffalo Horn - Pile Side

Pi0WqAt.jpg

View attachment 1199424 View attachment 1199425

Just imaging what a Lambsfoot would look like with a shield. I think I prefer no shield, but a nice Cocobolo handle would be beautiful. What do the rest of you think? Have a great weeeknd Guardians!!

Interesting idea Leslie. Wright's do one with a Shield, but they don't sell many. A Lambsfoot with a shield is actually very unusual, looks OK, but I personally prefer the lack of one I think :) :thumbsup:

tEuFMjR.jpg

(Not my pic)

A. Wright Standard Lambfoot Knife Buffalo Horn - Pile Side

Pi0WqAt.jpg

Looks nice Ed :thumbsup:

@Campbellclanman - Nice to see you here. May everything be going your way.

Jack Black Jack Black - Love that clock image. Watch that YT Captain Kidd movie. Not historically accurate, but Charles Laughton(he was from Yorkshire, wasn’t he?), one of my all time favorite British Actors, the theme, the sets and the costumes, made for a perfect “Talk Like a Pirate Day.”

Good Morning Guardians.

Pocket Pals
B2AED735-9E09-4F57-9B1F-5B39FAC513C6.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey there fellow Guardians!
Reading the Pirates themed post was great. I haven’t been in a position to carry or photograph a knife in the last two weeks - That makes life lifer pretty darned hard eh! :eek:

I look forward to contributing more soon my friends. :thumbsup:
Loving the photos of these beautiful knives.
I'd bring you a knife, Duncan; but there be monsters out there!!! :eek:Arrr!!
Get better soon!! Hope you are healing well!!:)

Jack Black Jack Black - Love that clock image. Watch that YT Captain Kidd movie. Not historically accurate, but Charles Laughton(he was from Yorkshire, wasn’t he?), one of my all time favorite British Actors, the theme, the sets and the costumes, made for a perfect “Talk Like a Pirate Day.”

Good Morning Guardians.

Pocket Pals
View attachment 1199477

Thank you Harvey, I took it in the old mill/museum I visited last weekend :)

Yes, Charles Laughton was from Scarborough on the Yorkshire Coast, I'm not sure how much piratin' went on there, but it was certainly a haven for smugglers! :rolleyes:

B4r4LGI.jpg

Witchcraft!

Dan can certainly charm the birds from the trees :D :thumbsup:

Just imaging what a Lambsfoot would look like with a shield. What do the rest of you think? Have a great weeeknd Guardians!!
I think of the Lambsfoot as a true "work knife", like a Sodbuster.
I think a shield on a Sodbuster would look slightly out of place,
and so I think a shield on a Lambsfoot would look out of place as well.

Just my .02¢ but to me a shield would clutter the sevelte frame of the Lambfoot knife.

I think of the Lambsfoot as a true "work knife", like a Sodbuster.
I think a shield on a Sodbuster would look slightly out of place,
and so I think a shield on a Lambsfoot would look out of place as well.

For the most part I agree, although a narrow bar shield might look nice.

I agree with you all! :D :thumbsup:

It's no longer Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I can still talk of pirates. ;)
In the olden days, before the Barnegat Lighthouse was built on the northern tip of Long Beach Island (a barrier island off the coast of New Jersey, across Barnegat Bay) The Barnegat Pirates, also called "moon-cussers" for they could only ply their dark trade on moonless nights, would hang lanterns 'round the necks of cows and walk them back and forth along the beach. Ships on their way north would see these lights, and think there were other ships closer to shore. Thinking themselves farther out and wanting to take the shortest route up to New York, they'd steer in and run aground. The pirates would then scavenge the shipwrecks. Ship-less, cow-herding pirates, they were!
LvRBZmd.jpg

It's no longer Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I can still talk of pirates. ;)
In the olden days, before the Barnegat Lighthouse was built on the northern tip of Long Beach Island (a barrier island off the coast of New Jersey, across Barnegat Bay) The Barnegat Pirates, also called "moon-cussers" for they could only ply their dark trade on moonless nights, would hang lanterns 'round the necks of cows and walk them back and forth along the beach. Ships on their way north would see these lights, and think there were other ships closer to shore. Thinking themselves farther out and wanting to take the shortest route up to New York, they'd steer in and run aground. The pirates would then scavenge the shipwrecks. Ship-less, cow-herding pirates, they were!
LvRBZmd.jpg

Very interesting Rachel, I highly reccomend Bella Bathurst's book 'The Wreckers' :thumbsup:

Just settling down to a few Friday evening beers :)

ZHdweie.jpg

Back