Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

What the heck. Another picture just because it's Sunday. Buffalo Horn covered "Big-un".

wlvAXlv.jpg

I’m showing the same photo and totin the same Lambsfoot two days in a row! ;) I’ve got more apples to slice today and this Bigun handles that task very well! Y’all have a great day! :D

48542834036_5318b6ee2e_o_d.jpg

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Did you grind/sand down the stag on that knife? If so, could you post a link about doing it? Doesn't matter one way or the other. It's a looker any way you look at it..

Nice set-up Mike, thanks for making the effort with the Lambsfoot's precarious perch. Cool slingshot :thumbsup:

Sounds great Mike, I'm thinking of getting another. I only have this one, I deliberately bought one that looks like a child's toy (some very nosey folks in the UK)! :D :thumbsup:

8S02om1.jpg

Thanks Jack, and very cool frame! I have a couple from them as well.

xia5sE2.jpg

But today, felt like going with one I made a little while ago.

GouqEhZ.jpg

Also enjoying getting to know this 2 blader. Pretty heavy/chunky, but rides well in the pocket and is very sturdy. Came as the dirtiest Lambsfoot I've received, but once cleaned up I have to say it's the best made I've had so far. Very well put together! :)

xia5sE2.jpg

GouqEhZ.jpg

Also enjoying getting to know this 2 blader. Pretty heavy/chunky, but rides well in the pocket and is very sturdy. Came as the dirtiest Lambsfoot I've received, but once cleaned up I have to say it's the best made I've had so far. Very well put together! :)

They are very solid and well put together. I've got two of them and as you said; they do carry well.

xia5sE2.jpg

GouqEhZ.jpg

Beautiful lambfoot and slingshot collection. I want to try a two bladed lambfoot, I’ll add it to my to buy list;). Most of my traditional knife collection are multi blade. Nice work on the sling shot, you did a great job on it. I honestly didn’t realize there were so many Guardians interested in sling shots. It seems a lot of “knife” people are outdoorsman/ natural lovers as well. :cool:

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Did you grind/sand down the stag on that knife? If so, could you post a link about doing it? Doesn't matter one way or the other. It's a looker any way you look at it..
Thanks for the compliment Ed. :) It’s exactly the way it came from Wright’s, except for some some darkening due to normal use. I got it from our friend Jack Black Jack Black . It’s a second because of a crack that has been factory repaired on the mark side butt end. Being Pere David Stag they’re mostly smooth antlers from my limited experience. It’s a fine knife and certainly one of my favorites! :)

You guys are gonna get me into another hobby :) lol
Quick question: I am right handed for most things ..... as a child I would hold the slingshot with my right hand and pull with my left, and my dominant eye is the left, ( at one point I had though about taking up target shooting with a firearm but the right handed/left eye dominant issue discouraged me a bit).
Any quick slingshot advice for me ? Do you keep both eyes open when you shoot ? How do aim properly ?
(without derailing the thread
I would like to give my heartfelt thank you to a fellow Guardian who pm me with a wonderful introduction, tips, information and resources into the world of slingshot as well as a generous offer to send starter package.
WOW TY Mike !!! Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck !

Here is my slingshot from my childhood, it's about 36 years old I think :)
My cousin and I made two, painted his orange and mine blue. The leather for the pouch was from an old shoe we found in a pile of garbage in and empty lot :)
y4SMu5I.jpg

L44Qe1H.jpg

“A Walk in Nature” # 39
x6Cps5T.jpg

Album:
https://imgur.com/a/S5jZPtE
Well done Dan, I'm thinking of doing some washing-up tomorrow, maybe going going round with the vacuum cleaner! :D ;) I was thinking of you this afternoon my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:
bWBAvLC.jpg

Dan and Jack, I'm totally flabbergasted that our little feathered friends are drawn to human hands holding lambsfoot knives! :eek::p:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for all your kind words my friend, for me and our fellow Guardians :) Your efforts in keeping up are always appreciated, and it's great to see that pile shot of Lam Jack :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for your encouragement, Jack. :)

View attachment 1199424 View attachment 1199425

Just imaging what a Lambsfoot would look like with a shield. I think I prefer no shield, but a nice Cocobolo handle would be beautiful. What do the rest of you think? Have a great weeeknd Guardians!!
I was temporarily puzzled about what sort of sorcery you were doing, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I think of the Lambsfoot as a true "work knife", like a Sodbuster.
I think a shield on a Sodbuster would look slightly out of place,
and so I think a shield on a Lambsfoot would look out of place as well.
For the most part I agree, although a narrow bar shield might look nice.
With regard to the shield question, I'm sure I'd find a tasteful cloven hoof shield to be quite compelling! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) But my sense of aesthetics doesn't always match that of others.

Great photo of your AC, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One for GT ;) :thumbsup:

BJmwoOx.jpg
Thanks, and Cheers, Jack! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I will be moving into the hotel on Sunday while the remodeling starts on our house. We will be staying there for the whole week while our old floors are being ripped up and new floor is installed. It's going to be like a little vacation, at least it will feel that way after moving everything out of our house into storage. :D

These are the two Lambsfoot knives coming with me to the hotel... Big surprise, right?
That pair of lambsfoots should help ease any inconveniences as you're temporarily uprooted, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I hope the remodeling is masterful and sticks to schedule (and budget)! :)

I'd planned on another Statistics of the Guardians Thread post to celebrate the 1,500 page mark, but I got busy and the mark flew by when I wasn't able to do any number crunching. I still plan to do that in the coming weeks, but for now I thought I'd throw out a couple of fun facts for Friday as a teaser.

In the first 1,523 pages of this thread:

- The most quoted post was post #9668 by Jack Black Jack Black . It was quoted in 17 other posts.
- The post containing the most quotes was post #24421 by @mitch4ging. It quotes an astounding 35 other posts.

Well done, Gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Fascinating tidbits of information, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
(I had a question or two that I thought you might be willing to investigate, but now they've dropped totally from my memory! :mad::(:thumbsdown:)

Yesterday we finished repainting our home ( it took us a week ).
My good wife just finished vacuuming and getting rid of all the dust, it feels we live in a new home :)
Next week I will have a lot of pictures and curtains and blinds to hang :)
Sounds impressive (and exhausting :rolleyes:), Dan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Congrats on a big job, well done!

What Palatial Pirate Plunder, Gary! Snazzy Shot, Sir!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dennis. :)

...Awesome shot, GT! :cool::thumbsup:
Wasn't that a popular song in the '80s? "....the Red Eye of the Tiger...":D
Mine today, hope to go do a little shooting this weekend.
View attachment 1199817
Yeah, I think the midnight flight out of Bengal is called Red Eye of the Tiger. ;)
Your stag HHB is a handsome devil, Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool: )I hear knives take on characteristics of their owners.)

Great pic of your lambsfoot pair!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1199956 Good morning guardians early start today all the grandkids wanted muffins so 2 hours worth of baking I turned out chocolate chip,blueberry,lemon poppy seed. I really wish these kids would all like the same kind. I had to put 2 lambsfoots on guard duty to protect them from unwanted muffin thieves
You're VERY nice to your grandkids, AL! :eek:;):thumbsup: When I go into my local bakery and ask for chocolate chip muffins, they usually tell me something like, "We got cranberry walnut today; take it or leave it!" My wish is certainly not their command!

Unfortunately 90% of the pics of my Lambsfoot were out of focus o_O

HkFVb48.jpg

THIS photo is definitely NOT out of focus; what a great shot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm glad you enjoyed your outing.

That horn lambsfoot is quite irresistible, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That's a fine looking catch box Jon. Can't wait to see it when it's finished. I shoot in the basement quite often (10m or 33' range). My catch box is made from an old 55 gallon drum. This photo was a pain to stage, as the Lambsfoot was being a brat and not wanting to pose with the slingshot ;)
Mike and JaxBaron JaxBaron , you've got some appealing "wrist rockets"! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I think if I were to take up slinging shot, my catch box would have to be a "double wide"!

Back at home:
qRaH64O.jpg
Couple of lookers, Barry!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

And the Gabon Ebony Waynorth has joined the flock. Very happy to get this one.
View attachment 1200504
Congrats, Fred!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your stag is stellar, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

And along with most of my fellow Guardians, I also enjoy a good adult beverage now and then. :)

View attachment 1200608
ED and Neal, I think those jigged bone WCLF knives, when open, are probably the best looking knives on The Porch!! :thumbsup::eek::thumbsup: (I always use one of those double-ended bottle-openers with the triangular can-punch to open my beer at home. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Haven't found anything else as efficient. :))

Last day for Lam Jack before the weekly knife rotation:
LJ.mark.V.wisteria.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Beautiful lambfoot and slingshot collection. I want to try a two bladed lambfoot, I’ll add it to my to buy list;). Most of my traditional knife collection are multi blade. Nice work on the sling shot, you did a great job on it. I honestly didn’t realize there were so many Guardians interested in sling shots. It seems a lot of “knife” people are outdoorsman/ natural lovers as well. :cool:
I have found that people interested in knives, are generally outdoor people. Interested in all things outdoors.:cool:

Cool pic Kevin, I loved that book as a kid, and as an adult :) :thumbsup:

Good to see you kept

Interesting looking book.:thumbsup: Nice looking knife as well:cool:
I wish I had found that book when I was a kid. My fort building skills would have been greatly improved. :D
The gear weights are enough to make the "Ultra Light" folk faint. ;)

That horn lambsfoot is quite irresistible, FBC! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, GT, she has a little wicked streak too. :D

This little Lamb' bit me yesterday. It was just a nick, a gentile reminder that the tip is sharp. :p
48772641731_cba1aeb49a_h.jpg

Back