Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I was watching an episode from Season 5 of 'Homeland' last night, and it turns out that Black Jack gum is secret spy code! :eek: If r8shell r8shell hadn't sent me some last week, I wouldn't have even known what it was! :cool: Rachel, just so I know, does the signal mean that I'm being 'reactivated' or that I need to go 'underground'?! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

xBxrXr2.jpg

Pretty interesting history :cool:

Thank you Ron, I got distracted halfway through writing that post, but meant to add that while I only had a few seconds from Wright's, they had one guy who used to knock on the door once a week and ask to buy them, and some of the dealers bought them too. While I was quite happy with the ones I had, I believe that some of these seconds were sold on dishonestly. I am pleased that Michael Elliott has taken a decision to no longer sell any seconds made, they'll either be put right, or they'll be scrapped.

Thank you very much my friend, that's a great-looking Big 'Un :) :thumbsup:
Thank you my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I was watching an episode from Season 5 of 'Homeland' last night, and it turns out that Black Jack gum is secret spy code! :eek: If r8shell r8shell hadn't sent me some last week, I wouldn't have even known what it was! :cool: Rachel, just so I know, does the signal mean that I'm being 'reactivated' or that I need to go 'underground'?! :confused: :D :thumbsup:

xBxrXr2.jpg

Pretty interesting history :cool:
Ha! I've never seen that show, so maybe both. :p
That article says they changed ownership in late 2018, which explains why I hadn't seen any for sale in a long time until this year. Next, you'll have to try the clove, and teaberry flavors. ;)

I am content. Maybe even happy.
SPUzQ6t.jpg

It's usable now that I can pinch the main.
(Even with the main nick reachable, I was shredding my nails because I had to reach across the handle and pull with my nail at right angles to the blade.)

screened porch screened porch - I have two of those knives and have the nail nick notch issue on one of them somewhat; however, both of them are manageable. I think one of the reasons for the nail shredding is that not only for these knives but for many knives that I have from A. Wright, the pulls are cut very "crisp" and the pull edges are not rounded at all during the blade polishing process whether the result is a satin blade or mirror polished blade.

I gotta say the "Easy Open" notch you ground into your knife is very appealing and a great idea.:thumbsup:I'm not going to do that to one of mine but it is a great way to alleviate any opening problems related to nail nicks/pulls for the two-blade lambfoot knife.

They do that every now and then!:D:thumbsup:
I did that same thing with a spear point the other day!:cool::thumbsup:

Back to the rock...
rock0-jpg.1201047
Lookin' good. :thumbsup:

Looks like a cool book, and of course a very cool Lambsfoot, Kevin! I went from the Boyscout book to the Army books, but haven't seen yours.:cool:

Just to clarify Kevin, is it Woodcraft & Camping by Bernard S Mason? Yep, them's pointy knives! :eek: :thumbsup:

That book is By Horace Kephart here is a pic with the title page. If either of you don't have it it is worth picking up.
48784048542_a8fcb2c224_h.jpg

I do have Woodcraft by Bernard S. Mason too. Jack, I am sure you will recognize these pages.
48784352411_43eb4e8923_h.jpg

48784526797_b5e3c27729_h.jpg

That grain be poppin' , homie! :thumbsup:

Very, very nice.:thumbsup: I remember your saying you had a "special" knife coming and this must be it!!!:D
Thanks Ed. Very special because of the cutler who made it for me and the special attention I received. Not as perfectly made as some other knives I own but, like the HHB I have, it is just so special. I may trade of sell some of my other knives but I'll never part with my lambsfoot beauties. I have a lambsfoot barlow on order from a custom cutler who is a "one man show" in Sheffield and I can't wait for that one too.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Thanks Ed. Very special because of the cutler who made it for me and the special attention I received. Not as perfectly made as some other knives I own but, like the HHB I have, it is just so special. I may trade of sell some of my other knives but I'll never part with my lambsfoot beauties. I have a lambsfoot barlow on order from a custom cutler who is a "one man show" in Sheffield and I can't wait for that one too.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
Make sure we see pics, looking forward to seeing it:thumbsup:

Back