1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    I’m carrying my rosewood today. Fingers crossed this week goes better that last week. Excited for next week. I will be taking my first cruise. Just going to the Bahamas, more of a trial run to see how we like cruising/ testing our sea legs.;) Hope everyone has a great day!

EC7274FF-330D-4937-A15B-97F6684F079E.jpeg

2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Very well stated Duncan! :thumbsup: Every word echoes exactly the same way that I feel about @Jack Black and his efforts on behalf of the Guardians and the Lambsfoot knives we have grown to love. :)

Reaper AL, Dschal, Cambertree and 9 others like this.
  3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    What he said. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Dschal and 20 others like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning Guardians! :) Thank you Jack for bringing us all these beautiful knives. It goes without saying we would have never seen anything like this come from todays Sheffield without your influence! :thumbsup::D

[​IMG]

5. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Dschal and 14 others like this.
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I know you've had a rough couple of weeks. I hope they smooth out for you and that you find enjoyment in this community that you've created here. I will echo what others have already said, we appreciate all your hard work, but mostly we appreciate your friendship.

I call it the Microwave Generation. Everybody wants things fast and easy these days. Society has grown impatient and everyone feels entitled.

Cambertree, cigarrodog, donn and 5 others like this.
  7. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    It's going to take a lot of coffee to get moving today.
    I hope this coffee cup is bigger on the inside. :D

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Dschal and 20 others like this.
  8. herder

herder Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Beautiful knife, and I absolutely agree with this and the statements of others regarding Jack's influence on so many of these incredible Lambsfoot models.
    Thank you Jack!!! :thumbsup:

Cambertree, WHT, cigarrodog and 6 others like this.
  9. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  10. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you sir! :):thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  11. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning everyone.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Dschal and 17 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm sure it will be Duncan, I hope you can have it soon my friend :) Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind and supportive words my friends, I am very touched :)

Thank you Mark, that's very kind of you, and it's great to see your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Thank you these fantastic photos, and for the kind words David, I hope you had a good visit, in spite of the poor weather we've had the past few weeks :)

Dr Foster went to Gloucester,
    In a shower of rain...;)

Sorry to hear about how things have been with your work, it certainly doesn't sound like a lot of fun :( Hope things are going to get easier for you :thumbsup:

Spoken like a true romantic Jon :) :thumbsup:

Hope you have a wonderful time :) :thumbsup:

Snap! :D Always nice to see Old Toffee Wings Jer :) :thumbsup:

Thank you John, I am grateful :) The 'Microwave Generation' is a good phrase :thumbsup:

That's a great cup John! :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Very nice Ed :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Reaper AL, Dschal and 8 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack.
    Have a great day.

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you my friend, you too :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and JohnDF like this.
  15. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    @Jack Black - Thanks Jack. I hope today's road will be less bumpy than yesterday' road. You're running a great thread with a lot of SFOs that wouldn't be possible without the hard work and dedication you put forth for the Lambfoot pattern and Sheffield knives as a whole.

16. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Your background is reminiscent of ancient floor tiles. I saw that pic and instantly thought "why is Jer drinking sherry off the floor of an English cathedral??
    [​IMG]

Well, they won't be microwaving anything if the power companies keep flicking the switch whenever they please.... :rolleyes::D

Your welcome Jack. All true. As everyone else has said, I also genuinely appreciate your efforts. Without spending big bucks on the nicer more up-market European/U.S makes I don't think I'd of ever got round to owning pocket knives of such superb quality. :thumbsup:

And thanks things are settling back to normal. I read about your coming a cropper in Harrogate.:oops: Another thing that added to the busy schedule was I also came a cropper, carrying my bike over a stile I managed to remove all the skin off my left knee. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Ed :) :thumbsup:

Funny thought, and a great pic David! :D :thumbsup: Thank you my friend :) I'm glad you're getting back to your normal routine, but sorry to hear about your mishap, that must have been painful :( :thumbsup:

dc50 and donn like this.
  18. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Just wanted to chime in to express my deep appreciation for the world you have opened to all of us, Jack. “This too shall pass.” You’re simply a fine gentleman.

Looking forward to streaming the State Opening of Parliament, today. (Credit NYT)
    BA9C08D3-8991-4915-9DD3-BBFFD508E111.jpeg

@donn - Duly noted, David. Perhaps this would be a better choice.:)
    8AC68BE6-E6A0-4CDD-BBD1-B88C64E86F79.jpeg

Splendid images of your weekend journey.

Good Morning Guardians.
    11013C8C-74F2-4A66-9681-A49E1382577B.jpeg

19. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    “Hear, hear” Harvey :thumbsup: Your photos are always fascinating my friend.:)

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  20. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Is was. Still is...:oops::rolleyes::(:D

Thanks Harvey. Given the standing water in the fields that airboat would of been quicker than the train I traveled on yesterday :D

What did you think of the State Opening? Some bizarre happenings this year.
    The BBC always televise it live on their main channel BBC1, but this year they didn't.
    There are a lot of environmental protests in London at the moment which the authorities seem unable to deal with, but it would appear the entire area around Parliament was completely shut down. Usually there are thousands of people waiting to see the Royal Coach go past and arrive at Parliament.
    The Queen, for the first time I can remember, didn't wear the Imperial State Crown. Was this for health reasons? (It's damned heavy) or was Her Majesty making some sort of statement about the current state of UK politics?