Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hope y’all are doing well! :D:thumbsup: I’m away from my flock but the one I have with me is a dandy! :thumbsup::D

48682571721_b84360c234_o_d.jpg

Tuesdays following a long weekend always feel like you're playing catch up for getting a day off. Made it through, and it's good to be home. My ebony Lambsfoot helped band up some african blackwood to blow off some steam :)

N9K00iQ.jpg

I thought I was going to address these posts on Sunday, but something came up. Then apparently an upgrade and restart was pushed to my computer while I slept Sunday night, and my quotes were all gone in the morning. So I quoted most of them again on Monday, but then didn't have time to respond to them. So here on Tuesday night, I'll be dealing with posts from the weekend - I'm the King of staying current! :rolleyes::(

Have a pot of chili simmering on the stove - should be ready in another hour or so, and man, does my house smell amazing right now :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and that my fellow Canucks have a great Thanksgiving!

aSDEnBV.jpg
The chili and knife look good, Mike! Best wishes for the yoga marathon. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Guardians in northern North America! ;):cool::cool:

Speaking of tools, this pic is one I had left over from the series John JohnDF JohnDF inspired of ‘Show Your Lambsfoot with Some Old Tools’.
ETvjeX5.jpg

Tremendous tool pic, Chin! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A picture to remember summer by, bye summer... :)

View attachment 1212114
I always enjoy the knife pics with watery backgrounds! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Summer already seems so far away. :( 34˚F when I got up this morning, and we turned on the furnace over the weekend when the inside temp hit 61 (and falling). :eek:

Good Old Jake
Can shake and bake! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hope everyone’s Weekend is a good one.
View attachment 1212336
Harvey, your knives have plenty of charisma, and this one is no exception! :thumbsup::cool::cool: But I also enjoy speculating to myself what the background is in each shot. Usually I convince myself that I know what your knives rest on, but I'm pretty clueless on this one, unless it's tree bark!??! :confused::rolleyes:

Oops... I forgot to post my apple picture from today's trip. I was thinking about you all. :)

That's not forbidden fruit, is it, John? ;):cool::cool:

Stag comparison

Harrison Bros & Howson; Jack's SFO Hartshead Barlow; A. Wright Pere David

VfEIzdJ.jpg
SaCp8RY.jpg

Hartshead Barlow is on the left, next is the DamLamb, the next two are from short Sambar runs I commissioned before the Guardians knives, next is the 'Senator', then a one-off I got at the factory, then finally, my AC :thumbsup:
Excellent stag comparison shots, ED & Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hello Guardians! I hope everyone has had a good day! Totin my Waynorth Jigged Bone :):thumbsup:

48332462997_cc9844ba6a_o_d.jpg
Exquisite lambsfoot, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I sure enjoy that those who have them share some photos here!

Blimey, it's already a few hours past breakfast, and I'll I've done is catch up with this thread :eek: Some toasted Leeds Bread Co-op Malted Sourdough has kept me going ;) :thumbsup:

ChskJl6.jpg

Off to do some chores now :( :thumbsup:
Both bread and SFO lambsfoot Barlow look delectable, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. :)
At our alternative setting, the students go to school once a week (twice for math) for direct instruction and are on independent studies the rest of the week. I have meetings on Mondays and teach the other four days.
Last year a downed power line caused a big fire that cost many lives and homes. The company got sued for a ton of money and almost went bankrupt. So now when it's dry and windy, they shut down the power to save lives and prevent being sued for a ton more. It's pretty inconvenient but I can see their side of things.
Thanks for the explanations about your students, John. :thumbsup: I often forget all the different approaches being used for alternative education.

I can see why the power company wants to do it, but do they get to decide when to turn it on and off? Do they lower rates of give rebates or something when they disrupt everyone's lifestyles?

Thanks, guys. It's my favorite lambsfoot in the flock. Not only for looks, but the size fits my hand perfectly, the swell end sits right in the center of my palm. :thumbsup:
RyhunMv.jpg
Shapely stag lambsfoot, Rachel! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Tanaka was just great last night, but Verlander is on the mound tonight, so maybe we can even the series.
Mission accomplished! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

UJ looks great lounging in the sun with the watery background!:thumbsup:
Thanks, Mark; that's Union Jack on vacation in August. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Union Jack looks great.
Good PM Guardians.
458BD609-5525-4E52-8E7E-68772CD9C6F2_zpsq92mkqyo.jpeg
I really like fake stag like your Bexoid, Harvey, or Uncle Henry's staglon, maybe because my first knife was a Colonial scout with plastic fake stag. :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yes, we've both seen many people come and go on The Porch. It always makes me sad, as they've often become good friends, and I worry about them :)

Not officially christened, I'd probably have to ask Charlie @waynorth for his permission first, but that's always how I affectionately think of that knife :) That's a great pic of your Union Jack, really shows it off well :thumbsup:
Yes, it is sad when folks who have been quite involved here disappear. :(
I like your unofficial name for the knife. :thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for complimenting Union Jack. :)

Nice picture of a special knife.;):thumbsup:
Thanks for your encouragement, José. :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Union Jack never looked better.
Always appreciate your support, Harvey. :)

This week, my lambsfoot is the 2019 Guardians SFO lambsfoot with desert ironwood covers. I call mine Valley Jack:
VJ.pile.Vopen.backyard.jpg

- GT

Continued happy nature walking & lambsfoot carrying Dan. You have done well by both and
have inspired us as well, bringing us these lovely scenes. :thumbsup: Very nicely done indeed.
Glad to have been part of your share :)

Cheers, Ray

You've done a remarkable job and I've enjoyed every one of them.

Morning Guardians. With Dan wrapping up the series (which I'm sure we've all enjoyed immensely), I'll join him in carrying my ebony today :)

Dan, thank you so much for this wonderful series, I think it represents a real high point in the thread :) A fantastic classic to a superb series of posts :) :thumbsup:

Ebony it is then.

Thank you for your most enjoyable “A Walk in Nature” series. Looking forward to the next series.:thumbsup:

Dan - thank you for all those wonderful photos- beautiful!

Thank you so much Guardians, so happy you enjoyed them and I was able to contribute to this great thread.

What shall I name my ebony lambsfoot ? Any suggestions ?

That's not forbidden fruit, is it, John? ;):cool::cool:
Not forbidden, just sinfully delicious.

I can see why the power company wants to do it, but do they get to decide when to turn it on and off? Do they lower rates of give rebates or something when they disrupt everyone's lifestyles?
I honestly do not know. I hope they aren't going to charge me for sitting in the dark. :mad:

What shall I name my ebony lambsfoot ? Any suggestions ?
Bob?
Sorry, I cant help myself. :D

Yeah- That's a cool knife Ron matey, it deserves to be in New Zealand actually! :D

Hey I was posting in another thread - and I came across these photo's- now with the exquisite memory that I have I cannot for the life of me remember if I have posted these here before?
But these are remembrance Stones of my two beautiful 4 legged friends who have left me, I hope with all my heart I see those lovely dogs again sometime...... Cool Stones with Super Cool Knives, and apologies if I have posted these here before?
oPyhUcQ.jpg

wweVHls.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you Gary for your nice words. You were right. It’s birch bark shedding a couple of outer layers. Your Valley Jack looks mighty fine.

Yeah- That's a cool knife Ron matey, it deserves to be in New Zealand actually! :D

Hey I was posting in another thread - and I came across these photo's- now with the exquisite memory that I have I cannot for the life of me remember if I have posted these here before?
But these are remembrance Stones of my two beautiful 4 legged friends who have left me, I hope with all my heart I see those lovely dogs again sometime...... Cool Stones with Super Cool Knives, and apologies if I have posted these here before?
oPyhUcQ.jpg

wweVHls.jpg
Nice remembrance stones. What breed of mates were they?

Back