Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

47682419592_a4430367c9_o_d.jpg
Beautiful collection of Ironwood, Ron. Each one unique.
Hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter. :cool: :thumbsup:

The Pink Lady apples are my wife's favorites. I prefer my apples to be a little tart. ;)

Wonderful to see the old jigging. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks John :) :thumbsup:

And I like them cooked, with butter, sugar, and cinnamon.

And a good morning to you, Guardians!
XybiBvq.jpg

That stag looks like its been cooked in butter and cinammon Vince :) :thumbsup:

and inside a pie crust. :D :thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting that Jack, a visit to their showroom would be interesting.
Anyway I watched the programme and thought "oh now I need some Sheffield scissors". I thought though that I'd check my mum's kitchen draw first. Lucky I did.
7bpLfKE.jpg

All old, and all seem to be 'Richards'. And apart from the two with surface rust which I'm sure a bit of 0000 wool will fix, all appear to be in great nick. :thumbsup:

There place is at the bottom of Broad Lane, just across the road from Fagan's. You can just walk in off the street. The workshop is separated from the showroom by a large window, so you can see scissors being made sometimes. A good job you checked in the drawer! :D Richards made an awful lot of pairs of scissors, they even had a factory devoted to them before the war :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I’m visiting my daughter so unfortunately I don’t have any of my wooden covered Lambsfoot knives with me. So I’m not actually carrying any of these, but I thought since it’s Wooden Wednesday a family portrait of my Ironwood clad Lambsfoot collection would be okay! :thumbsup::)

47682419592_a4430367c9_o_d.jpg

Have a great time with your daughter Ron :) That's a wonderful Ironwood line-up my friend :) :thumbsup:

I bought a loaf made by York's Blue Bird Bakery today. The stall had nearly sold out of bread, so I ended up getting something a bit different, a wholemeal sourdough, made with rye flower, and with coriander seeds on the crust. Not sure I'd get it again, but it makes a change :thumbsup:

lvEAug2.jpg

I bought a loaf made by York's Blue Bird Bakery today. The stall had nearly sold out of bread, so I ended up getting something a bit different, a wholemeal sourdough, made with rye flower, and with coriander seeds on the crust. Not sure I'd get it again, but it makes a change :thumbsup:

lvEAug2.jpg
Looks like a good hearty bread.
I like heavy dark breads, they have a deep rich flavor.

DvMpZTm.jpg

A tl29 version would be my most favorite working knife. As is, its dang close anyways.

Looks like you've been getting some good use out of that one David :thumbsup:

Looks like a good hearty bread.
I like heavy dark breads, they have a deep rich flavor.

It's pretty dense and heavy, should make for some filling toast tomorrow morning :thumbsup:

I turned a few bowls this summer for family, friends and as wedding gifts.
Now closing my unheated little shop for the winter.
Here are a couple bowls from local woods.

Black Locust bark edge bowl

kCFfYju.jpg

Box Elder ( Manitoba Maple )

WWohW3E.jpg

Those are beautiful Dan, nice work :thumbsup:

I know the feeling mate, I've been easing myself into semi-retirement the past couple of years! :D

I never watch TV David, but I dare say I can find that online, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen other short films about the firm, and you can call in at their showroom and factory and watch them working - though they seem to do less than me! :D I called in with H herder a couple of years back, and while there was nobody making any scissors, we were able to buy a few things :thumbsup:

Just done a search online, and there's a whole load of short films if folks are interested, including several on Wright's own site . There's more on the Tube. Here's one, from a few years back, for folks who don't want to have to poke around (note the continued misuse of the term 'Master Cutler' by the presenter :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

Great video Jack, and yes, I remember well that shop. Sad to know that they are also the last of their kind in Sheffield.

Here are a couple of beauties with this theme in mind.
The charming little scissors are marked "T. Renshaw & Son Sheffield" and are a product of the 1800s. Thomas Renshaw & Son existed circa 1841 to 1900 and used "Stand" as a trademark.
"Stand" is stamped on the back side of the scissors shown. Thomas Renshaw past away in 1893, and sadly his son died just three years later of "questionable" drowning. This information was pulled from Geoffrey Tweedale's excellent book. I do not know if T. Renshaw offered a Lambsfoot model, but they certainly could have as they were also listed as a pen and pocket knife manufacturer.

View attachment 1214258

Happy Wednesday, Guardians! Got this one in my pocket today... here posed again in one of its favorite parking lot trees!
uQqeDjS.jpg

Nice image Matt :thumbsup:

Happy Wednesday Guardians. Feeling a bit fancy today ;)

isEhMmh.jpg

Jell4Q5

Looking good Mike :) :thumbsup:

Great video Jack, and yes, I remember well that shop. Sad to know that they are also the last of their kind in Sheffield.

Here are a couple of beauties with this theme in mind.
The charming little scissors are marked "T. Renshaw & Son Sheffield" and are a product of the 1800s. Thomas Renshaw & Son existed circa 1841 to 1900 and used "Stand" as a trademark.
"Stand" is stamped on the back side of the scissors shown. Thomas Renshaw past away in 1893, and sadly his son died just three years later of "questionable" drowning. This information was pulled from Geoffrey Tweedale's excellent book. I do not know if T. Renshaw offered a Lambsfoot model, but they certainly could have as they were also listed as a pen and pocket knife manufacturer.

View attachment 1214258

Excellent post my friend, a beautiful pair of scissors, and a great pic :)

Scissors and Lambsfoot by Unity Cutlery Co-operative :thumbsup:

IP9fOWS.jpg

Back