Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning!

DSC-2992.jpg

@donn - Thank you David. What a treat that link is. Being retired, I’m like a 24 hours Cable News Network. Lots of hours to fill.:) Aside from your fine Lamb, I was intrigued by the winged creature with crown embossed on the case. May I ask what it is?

@waynorth - Those two lambs and hat will make fine companions. Best wishes on your appointments.

Good Morning Guardians.
707F34D5-958C-4AEA-833B-4B094746EFD0.jpeg

Nice inky Gabon Ebony, a stovepipe kick, a rat-tail bolster, and the amazing LambFoot Blade!
Add some hand-rolled gem-grade turquoise from New Mexico, strung in the traditional Santo Domingo way, and life is bliss!!:)
View attachment 1214325

Lovely composition Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Nice model truck, and knife of course. I just love old toys, models and cars and model train sets.:cool::thumbsup::)

Thanks mate, I gave the truck to my pal on the tool-stall (to keep or pass on to one of his grandkids). He loaned me a couple of vintage Buck & Hickman catalogues, which I used for the background of the second pic (few more scans in the vintage ads sticky) :thumbsup:

That's a good one, Jack. It definitely deserves more pocket time. Have a good time at the market tomorrow.

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

@waynorth - Thought this would be a good time to post a picture of my Waynorth Cutlery Lambfoot

dcFabzr.jpg

Very fine it is Ed :) :thumbsup:

Just saw this and wanted to share.:)

Thanks Harvey, those old Pie 'n' Mash shops used to be a real feature of London's East End. Up north, we tend to have chips (thick-cut fries) with chips, but strangely, there is a Pie 'n' Mash shop in the North Yorkshire market town of Skipton :thumbsup:

Fj0r9KL.jpg

Thought i had better play ball with Modoc ED Modoc ED and pull my lamb out of the shed for a bit of fresh air. They are certainly not going anywhere, as the headline says.:thumbsup:

NOfT4Jb.jpg

Smashing :) :thumbsup:

Long day of appointments tomorrow!!
I'll be fortified with two Lamb Foots, and my best HAT!!:DView attachment 1214569

Hope your appointments all go well Charlie :) That is a GREAT hat, and two lovely knives of course :) :thumbsup:

Good morning!

DSC-2992.jpg

That doesn't look too shabby does it? :) :thumbsup:

Just noticed I dropped David's post! :eek: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the directions Jack, I may visit them next time I'm in Sheffield. I don't know when that'll be though; I'm not even going the beer festival this year :(
lAzmlLO.png

Your very talented sir. I've been to shows were that sort of work sold for a pretty penny :thumbsup:
Does the lambsfoot

Thanks Harvey. You may actually be able to watch the programme in question. I don't do catch-up TV (I don't do much TV at all) but AFAIK, unlike the BBC, there's no restriction on people abroad watching our commerical TV stations.

https://www.itv.com/hub/itv

I never tire of seeing that Albert Oates. Lovely looking knife. :):thumbsup:

Not only the last in Sheffield but the programme said that the blanks for the scissors aren't even forged in Sheffield but come from abroad. :rolleyes:
There exquisite little scissors. :thumbsup: I think my mum has a couple of pairs of them which maybe Victorian.

Actually a rare oasis in the middle of the old industrial north-west.

Well good morning Guardians. I'm actually off to work in a minute so no knife for me for the rest of the day. But it would be this one.
FLwg2Z7.jpg

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday. :thumbsup:

That's a shame David, you must be busy! :eek: Hope we can meet up again before too long :)

That is pretty poor about the blanks for those scissors being imported o_O Still, plenty of old pairs about from what I see :thumbsup:

Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The patina is coming in fast now...

That is coming on John :) :thumbsup:

Superb pic of your AC Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Ty David, I find wood turning quite therapeutic. I wish I would have the time to do it more often
-----
J3IijDo.jpg

Great photo Dan :thumbsup:

6.05pm here, and I am worn out after a long day helping out my pal on the market. I haven't even felt like eating, except for a couple of buttered slices of this delicious Blue Bird Bakery granary bread :thumbsup:

mnBzvm8.jpg

@donn - Thank you David. What a treat that link is. Being retired, I’m like a 24 hours Cable News Network. Lots of hours to fill.:) Aside from your fine Lamb, I was intrigued by the winged creature with crown embossed on the case. May I ask what it is?

@waynorth - Those two lambs and hat will make fine companions. Best wishes on your appointments.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1214786
Simply the best Harvey. :thumbsup::cool:

Lovely composition Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I gave the truck to my pal on the tool-stall (to keep or pass on to one of his grandkids). He loaned me a couple of vintage Buck & Hickman catalogues, which I used for the background of the second pic (few more scans in the vintage ads sticky) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

Very fine it is Ed :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, those old Pie 'n' Mash shops used to be a real feature of London's East End. Up north, we tend to have chips (thick-cut fries) with chips, but strangely, there is a Pie 'n' Mash shop in the North Yorkshire market town of Skipton :thumbsup:

Fj0r9KL.jpg

Smashing :) :thumbsup:

Hope your appointments all go well Charlie :) That is a GREAT hat, and two lovely knives of course :) :thumbsup:

That doesn't look too shabby does it? :) :thumbsup:
Pie 'n Mash, throw in some mushy peas, and now you're talking.:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. You have a good weekend mate.;)

A package from Jack Black Jack Black arrived about an hour ago with the pictured contents.

2019 Guardians Lambfoot with Ironwood covers and blade etch; Jack Black SFO Standard with ebony covers and blade etch; two buttons; AND an Anchor and lovely booklet titled "Maritime" from the Roundtree Tryon Galleries filled with maritime pictures and articles - a nice touch. I'll post more pictures in the days ahead. I just wanted to get this post up quickly.

hUjj7lm.jpg

Back