Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

RALF is back in action tonight!

IGeJL0A.jpg

Great to see RALF Jeff :thumbsup:

Pie 'n Mash, throw in some mushy peas, and now you're talking.:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. You have a good weekend mate.;)

You too mate :) :thumbsup:

A package from Jack Black Jack Black arrived about an hour ago with the pictured contents.

2019 Guardians Lambfoot with Ironwood covers and blade etch; Jack Black SFO Standard with ebony covers and blade etch; two buttons; AND an Anchor and lovely booklet titled "Maritime" from the Roundtree Tryon Galleries filled with maritime pictures and articles - a nice touch. I'll post more pictures in the days ahead. I just wanted to get this post up quickly.

hUjj7lm.jpg

Glad it made it Ed :) :thumbsup:

That anchor looks like a bottle opener.

Here's mine in use on Sunday, celebrating the anniversary of the foundation of the US Navy :thumbsup:

jISAbSW.jpg

48911789187_a7f63f5ae3_h.jpg

He sure is, GT.
Your comment reminded of Mom's home cookin' . :rolleyes: :D

Looking good Kevin :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Every community should have a warm comfort food pie shop. Until then, that delicious looking bread should serve the same purpose. Thanks for sharing this nice slice of life.

Thank you Harvey, I toasted a couple of slices for my breakfast :) :thumbsup:

Friday is here again Guardians :) I hope everyone has had a reasonable week, and that you're looking forward to a great weekend :) Carrying my AC today :thumbsup:

TjCF0Ai.jpg

Thanks Harvey, those old Pie 'n' Mash shops used to be a real feature of London's East End. Up north, we tend to have chips (thick-cut fries) with chips, but strangely, there is a Pie 'n' Mash shop in the North Yorkshire market town of Skipton :thumbsup:

Fj0r9KL.jpg

That's great Jack. :) Something new to me when I moved to Yorkshire was a bit of Yorkshire Caviar with a hot pie (or pork pie actually). :thumbsup:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yorkshire Caviar

Aye I was thinking the other day about meeting up again; we'll have to get something sorted. :thumbsup:

A package from Jack Black Jack Black arrived about an hour ago with the pictured contents.

2019 Guardians Lambfoot with Ironwood covers and blade etch; Jack Black SFO Standard with ebony covers and blade etch; two buttons; AND an Anchor and lovely booklet titled "Maritime" from the Roundtree Tryon Galleries filled with maritime pictures and articles - a nice touch. I'll post more pictures in the days ahead. I just wanted to get this post up quickly.

hUjj7lm.jpg

That's cracking! Jack's a damned generous chap in't he. :thumbsup:

donn donn - Thank you David. What a treat that link is. Being retired, I’m like a 24 hours Cable News Network. Lots of hours to fill.:) Aside from your fine Lamb, I was intrigued by the winged creature with crown embossed on the case. May I ask what it is?

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1214786

Oh good grief what have I done? :D Harvey please don't waste your retirement watching British TV! :DIt's the most appalling rubbish! We have some good historical documentaries but ITV isn't the channel you'll find them on. :rolleyes:
The creature is the Russian Imperial Eagle. It's on one of these:
wLavlLY.jpg

A 'Sevastopol Cannon'. These were Russian cannon (I think 36 pounders) captured by the British and her allies during the Crimea War (1853-1856). There so named after the siege of Sevastopol but in reality I think they were captured at different periods throughout the war. I just did a wiki search and found a very interesting article on them which I'll be reading myself later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Sevastopol_(1854–1855)

This one sits within the bailey of the Norman era Rochester Castle, in Rochester in the county of Kent.
BXU2qq2.jpg

3FSpcVt.jpg

Btw there stunning colours in your photo. I think were having a bit of what I call a "dirty autumn". It's not yet in full swing over here but the colours seem really subdued this year. :(

Right I'm carrying this today as I thought I'd lost this chap a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was lying somewhere betwixt my house and the city of Liverpool. But last night I was rooting about the foot well of the car in the dark trying to find my parking pass that I'd just fumbled when my hand came down on it. :rolleyes::)
D4pcTl0.jpg

Here's mine in use on Sunday, celebrating the anniversary of the foundation of the US Navy :thumbsup:
Excellent occasion.
It never occurred to me before, but those irritating "This Day in History" features might be good for finding a reason/excuse to raise a glass.
g18NGVr.jpg

I'd have thought of it sooner if I'd had more patience.

Last edited:
Nice to see your AC again. :) :thumbsup:

Right I'm carrying this today as I thought I'd lost this chap a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was lying somewhere betwixt my house and the city of Liverpool. But last night I was rooting about the foot well of the car in the dark trying to find my parking pass that I'd just fumbled when my hand came down on it. :rolleyes::)
D4pcTl0.jpg
Glad you found it. That meal looks amazing. :) :thumbsup:

That's great Jack. :) Something new to me when I moved to Yorkshire was a bit of Yorkshire Caviar with a hot pie (or pork pie actually). :thumbsup:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yorkshire Caviar

Aye I was thinking the other day about meeting up again; we'll have to get something sorted. :thumbsup:

That's cracking! Jack's a damned generous chap in't he. :thumbsup:

Oh good grief what have I done? :D Harvey please don't waste your retirement watching British TV! :DIt's the most appalling rubbish! We have some good historical documentaries but ITV isn't the channel you'll find them on. :rolleyes:
The creature is the Russian Imperial Eagle. It's on one of these:
wLavlLY.jpg

A 'Sevastopol Cannon'. These were Russian cannon (I think 36 pounders) captured by the British and her allies during the Crimea War (1853-1856). There so named after the siege of Sevastopol but in reality I think they were captured at different periods throughout the war. I just did a wiki search and found a very interesting article on them which I'll be reading myself later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Sevastopol_(1854–1855)

This one sits within the bailey of the Norman era Rochester Castle, in Rochester in the county of Kent.
BXU2qq2.jpg

3FSpcVt.jpg

Btw there stunning colours in your photo. I think were having a bit of what I call a "dirty autumn". It's not yet in full swing over here but the colours seem really subdued this year. :(

D4pcTl0.jpg

Have you moved to Yorkshire David? When I was a kid Pie 'n' Peas suppers were a common fund-raiser for various church groups and charities, and common in pubs. I've never been a fan of mushy peas though :eek:

Good advice on British TV! :rolleyes:

I had always though Victoria Cross medals were made from metal taken from cannons captured at the Siege of Sevastopol, but apparently that isn't the case. Great pics, as always, my friend, and I'm glad you found your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Excellent occasion.
It never occurred to me before, but those irritating "This Day in History" features might be good for finding a reason/excuse to raise a glass.
g18NGVr.jpg

LOL! Good idea Jer, tonight I'll be celebrating the 1648 foundation of the Boston Shoemakers union! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Nice to see your AC again. :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Thank you John, Skoll is looking svelte :) :thumbsup:

Good morning! But, :mad:, another weekend...:D

DSC-2989.jpg

Great photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for noticing. :)
I went ahead and sanded all the edges down.
It feels very nice and smooth in the hand now. :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

This 2019 Guardians SFO with Ironwood covers from Jack Black Jack Black came in yesterday

8VXbnnU.jpg

JohnDF JohnDF - This one with Ebony covers also arrived in the same package.

eDMtNQt.jpg

Hope you like them both Ed :) :thumbsup:

Funny, I've got an Anchor bottle opener just like that Jack Black Jack Black .:thumbsup::D:rolleyes:

You do indeed Ed! :D I think Duane @sitflyer has one too, if I remember correctly :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - The frames and covers on the two knives I received yesterday are beefier than the normal run-of-the-mill Standard. How did that come about? I'd guess one part of it is that the bolsters on these heavier frames had to be thicker to accomadate the Rat Tail groove.

Jack Black Jack Black - The frames and covers on the two knives I received yesterday are beefier than the normal run-of-the-mill Standard. How did that come about? I'd guess one part of it is that the bolsters on these heavier frames had to be thicker to accomadate the Rat Tail groove.

Hi Ed, if you don't mind, I'll send you a PM by reply, sadly some of the folks who browze these pages can't be trusted not to try and get my designs replicated :thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone has anything exciting planned for the weekend? Our weather has been so wet and miserable for the past few weeks, that it's been a while since I was able to get out for a good hike. A little different to this time last year, when I took this photo of my AC. Probably just going to visit a few antique stores, probably get some lunch and a pint. Hope everyone has a great weekend anyway :thumbsup:

FO90zyI.jpg

I don't know if anyone has anything exciting planned for the weekend? Our weather has been so wet and miserable for the past few weeks, that it's been a while since I was able to get out for a good hike. A little different to this time last year, when I took this photo of my AC. Probably just going to visit a few antique stores, probably get some lunch and a pint. Hope everyone has a great weekend anyway :thumbsup:

FO90zyI.jpg
Lovely photo Jack :thumbsup::) I have to agree with you regarding the weather, I can't remember a September this cool for a long time. :rolleyes:
IMG_2164.JPG

Back