Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lovely photo Jack :thumbsup::) I have to agree with you regarding the weather, I can't remember a September this cool for a long time. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1215375

Thank you Dave :) Yes, been a strange year :confused: Some lovely colours in that photo my friend :thumbsup:

Friday night here, and I have an appointment with beer! ;) :D :thumbsup:

1OwP6Qq.jpg

I don't know if anyone has anything exciting planned for the weekend? Our weather has been so wet and miserable for the past few weeks, that it's been a while since I was able to get out for a good hike. A little different to this time last year, when I took this photo of my AC. Probably just going to visit a few antique stores, probably get some lunch and a pint. Hope everyone has a great weekend anyway :thumbsup:

FO90zyI.jpg
Lovely stag. Beautiful weather all week here in North Carolina (near Wilmington). Going to do the same as you - visit a few stores, except....with the wife...ugh!

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Lovely stag. Beautiful weather all week here in North Carolina (near Wilmington). Going to do the same as you - visit a few stores, except....with the wife...ugh!

Onebigbill Onebigbill - My Dad was raised in Wilmington, went to New Hanover High School, and graduated in 1930. Good luck with the wife while shopping.:)

You'll have to show us your latest Lambfoot when you get back.

Howdy All!
Been a little under the weather lately, spent the week in ICU, but got to come home last night!

I'll try to catch up some this evening, fantastic posts and photos from everyone!:thumbsup:

And a special thanks to @JohnDF for encouragement!

But it wasn't all bad, I did get a new sippy cup!:D:cool::thumbsup:
20191015_123241.jpg You can see me smiling here:
20191015_123214-1470x3024.jpg
And of course, my super-duper HHB!
20191014_110149-1470x3024.jpg

Howdy All!
Been a little under the weather lately, spent the week in ICU, but got to come home last night!

I'll try to catch up some this evening, fantastic posts and photos from everyone!:thumbsup:

View attachment 1215423 You can see me smiling here:
View attachment 1215424
View attachment 1215425
Dennis, I see on the board it says diet clear liquids, beer is a clear liquid. ;):D bounce back, my friend.

Glad you found it. That meal looks amazing. :) :thumbsup:

Thanks John, it filled a hole. :)

Have you moved to Yorkshire David? When I was a kid Pie 'n' Peas suppers were a common fund-raiser for various church groups and charities, and common in pubs. I've never been a fan of mushy peas though :eek:

Good advice on British TV! :rolleyes:

I had always though Victoria Cross medals were made from metal taken from cannons captured at the Siege of Sevastopol, but apparently that isn't the case. Great pics, as always, my friend, and I'm glad you found your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Sorry Jack, I meant back in 2000 when I moved to York.
Aye I always thought that about the Victoria Cross, but no apparently it's Chinese not Russian bronze.

Thank you for noticing. :)
I went ahead and sanded all the edges down.
It feels very nice and smooth in the hand now. :cool: :thumbsup:

Now that looks interesting. I've wondered about doing that myself (and not just on my lambsfoot knives). That certainly looks like a neat job you've made of it. Did you treat the wood with anything afterwards (eg, linseed oil)?

I don't know if anyone has anything exciting planned for the weekend?

FO90zyI.jpg

Work for me :(.
I briefly saw the sky turn that funny colour this morning. Then it went back to normal....:rolleyes:

Great colours!

Howdy All!

View attachment 1215424
View attachment 1215425

Dagnabit Dennis!!!! That's not good but at least you had your socks on. Hope you're feeling much better and I know it's good to be home. Of course we'd love to see your pictures and hear your comments but don't over do it. Rest easy and take care.

Howdy All!

View attachment 1215424
View attachment 1215425
Hoping for a swift recovery, Dennis.
And cool sippy cup! You can measure the whiskey as you pour. :)

I don't even remember if I've looked at this thread since Tuesday :eek::(, but I'm just gonna jump in here, context-free with no idea what's been going on with the Guardians recently, and say:

I carry a lambsfoot ...

UJ.mark.blackhead sheep.jpg

so I'll have an excuse to play with wooly toys! :D
How 'bout you??

- GT

Howdy All!

View attachment 1215424
View attachment 1215425
Dennis, sorry to hear about your ICU stay but I'm glad you are in the comforts of your own home now. I hope you make a quick and full recovery.

Back