Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

All hail the Queen of The Lambsfoot.
Such a fabulous knife, I always enjoy seeing it. :cool: :thumbsup:

I agree, the HHBLF is a special knife.
Big thanks to Jack for a great design on this Special Factory Order. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the very kind words John :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I had a busy and enjoyable day yesterday.
Our little town comes alive once a year as about 50 high school marching bands come to compete. Our kids competed in it when they were in high school and my wife and I continue to volunteer and help even after our kids have left for college. It is amazing to see about 5,000 high school kids put their best foot forward, work super hard, and they ALL behave so wonderfully. There is hope for this world and it's starting in band rooms across the country. Keep Music and Arts in high schools (my political statement for today)!!! :cool: :thumbsup:

Of course I was carrying Skoll all day...

Sounds like you're having a great weekend my friend :) Skoll is looking well-loved :) Have any other mythic beasts started appearing in the patina ;) :D :thumbsup:

A house guest just arrived, Linus by name. Of course, he's resting today, it being Sunday and all; also, he's had a long trip from the west coast. May take him out back later for some whiskey and a cigar. I'll post a couple of pics tonight, and then at intervals during the next couple of weeks.

Another day.

ExkJawj.jpg

View attachment 1216391 View attachment 1216392 It’s my birthday next week so all my grandchildren stopped by yesterday and dropped off a present they all took a hand in designing. As you know from my posts I love to cook and bake.they thought I would really treasure this

Hope you have a great birthday! Those muffins made me have a craving, and I had to run to the local bakery for the below picture ;)

First time I poke a hole in the bull's eye from 33 feet :)
My lamb has graciously volunteered to point to it :D

L83MIJc.jpg

Nice shooting Dan! :thumbsup:

L'il Lambsfoot today, and starting the day off right with a chocolate raspberry tea ring :)

Exy80iK.jpg

A house guest just arrived, Linus by name. Of course, he's resting today, it being Sunday and all; also, he's had a long trip from the west coast. May take him out back later for some whiskey and a cigar. I'll post a couple of pics tonight, and then at intervals during the next couple of weeks.

I had to read your post several times Ed, I was thinking 'house guest' was a euphemism for a new knife, and I was wondering why the pic wasn't showing! :confused: Talk about a Senior Knife Knut moment! :rolleyes: Have a great time with Linus :thumbsup:

Another day.

ExkJawj.jpg

Looking good Ed, I think you may have got the best of the bunch there my friend :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great birthday! Those muffins made me have a craving, and I had to run to the local bakery for the below picture ;)

Nice shooting Dan! :thumbsup:

L'il Lambsfoot today, and starting the day off right with a chocolate raspberry tea ring :)

Exy80iK.jpg

You've given me a craving now Mike! :eek: What a great way to start the day, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

THought I'd Take a new scan of my Stag HHB Yesterday for the ABC thread, but here it is in case you missed it!!:D
View attachment 1216528

Great pic Charlie :) I haven't even opened the ABC thread yet! :eek:

I discovered that I haven't commented on any posts newer than last Sunday; I think I'm 15-16 pages behind. :eek: So this post is mainly highlighting the rich variety of lambsfoot knives that show up in the Guardians' pockets and hands. I'm only commenting on the first of each type I encountered when reading posts from last week; I ignored many other examples, some of which may have appeared in "better" photos, but "first come, first served" is my motto here today. :rolleyes:

I absolutely love my Ashleys Choice Lambsfoot, the Stag is Just Great! perfect in width- as in not too chunky- great walk and Talk- quite a good edge from factory- everything about this Knife I just love.
YDjR4JP.jpg

Top-notch example of the Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot SFO, Duncan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I think all of us that are fortunate enough to have them agree with your sentiments. :)

On a lighter note, the weekend is nearly over and I'm still enjoying my favorite beer and my favorite knife ...
IJrwJcM.jpg
Excellent Octoberfest brew and exquisite ebony WCLF, @AnW ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

iCi6iV9.jpg

I hope everyone is having a great weekend as well!
Rockin' rosewood, Mike! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

We got your back Jack.
The amount of work you have done my friend for nothing but the good of the Knife World- I know personally the amount of non profit work that you have put in has been immense, least to say the massive positive effect that you have had in bringing Sheffield’s History out to the Knife World when it looked as though it had been sealed over and forgotten.
The Lambsfoot lives and breaths again in style - because of you, and I will finish up by saying your Generosity is absolutely unmatched.
Very well-said, Duncan! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll affirm every statement that appears in your post!

Carrying the 2017 Guardians Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:

PJNdCmv.jpg
Astounding horn, Jack!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:

Majestic Michael May Barlow lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Recycled pic of my 2019 Ironwood SFO.
Fee6cLR.jpg
Your model of the 2019 Guardians desert ironwood lambsfoot SFO is sensational, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. I love my HHB! The stag is great, the pull just right and the whole design is special. Jack made a truly excellent job of them. But it's so nice I still can't bring myself to use it for anything other than light duties! :D I'm going to have to bite the bullet and use it for the inevitable autumn garden duties.
Nice to see your Union Jack sunning itself. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the reply, David; I'm glad you're liking the stag HHB, but I agree that they're even more enjoyable if you use them! :):thumbsup::thumbsup: Thanks for noticing the Union Jack. :)

Thank you GT! Me and the misses have been married 5 years. We started dating when I was 23 yrs old, I will be turning 33 in a few weeks. Looking forward to a life time of anniversaries. :D
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1213344
That vintage smooth golden rattail-bolstered lambsfoot on the flaming maple leaf is outstanding, Harvey! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, my friend. That may be the first time anyone has said anything positive about my advice. ;):D

Union Jack is looking regal perched on his post. :thumbsup:
I'm sure it's just an oversight that people don't praise your advice, FBC! :p:thumbsup:
Thanks for the effusive praise for Union Jack. :)

Your 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot is exemplary, Taylor! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some of the vintners are also turning out some excellent beers. I had this cracking Imperial Ale from the Barossa Valley this past weekend (where the Penfolds vineyards are). Pictured with my Michael May Lambsfoot.

mAZtp1k.jpg

Thanks GT, I have quite lot of photos (with Lambsfoot content, of course) accumulated. Just have to find a minute to write it up. I always appreciate your astute questions, mi amigo.:)

Sure thing, my friend. I’ll bring a plate - and why don’t we meet at Mike’s or Dave’s place.;) I’m sure they’ll still have some tasty Thanksgiving leftovers!:thumbsup:
Chin, both the brew and the Michael May lambsfoot look intoxicating! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind words; I only wish all my questions were astute! :p

Terrific trio, Dylan, but the Sambar Damascus lambsfoot rules the roost, IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

It never ceases to amaze me, the knowledge on the "Porch" knows no bounds.:D...
So very true, @cudgee !

I visited two of our cathedrals over the weekend. The second was Hereford cathedral.
From across the River Wye.
mb5pMFE.jpg

Grand stag HHB SFO, David, and I always enjoy your photo reports on the monumental old cathedrals! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Tuesday Guardians.;):thumbsup:

What a fine and fancy stag lambsfoot, José! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Today is my 82nd birthday and I opened my wife's present. The fit and finish is outstanding!

View attachment 1213727
Belated birthday greetings, @WHT! Your new TEW lambsfoot with the blond horn is definitely a birthday treat! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hope y’all are doing well! :D:thumbsup: I’m away from my flock but the one I have with me is a dandy! :thumbsup::D

48682571721_b84360c234_o_d.jpg
Breathtaking bone WCLF, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Not forbidden, just sinfully delicious.

I honestly do not know. I hope they aren't going to charge me for sitting in the dark. :mad:

Bob?
Sorry, I cant help myself. :D
Sinfully delicious works for me. :thumbsup:;)
We've got some serious infrastructure challenges. :eek::(
Can't really go wrong with a palindromic name! ;):thumbsup::D

Nice to see Valley Jack again. :cool: :thumbsup:
Nice of you to say so, John. :)

Super snazzy snakewood, Duncan, and nice memorials for your former canine companions! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

I had to read your post several times Ed, I was thinking 'house guest' was a euphemism for a new knife, and I was wondering why the pic wasn't showing! :confused: Talk about a Senior Knife Knut moment! :rolleyes: Have a great time with Linus :thumbsup:
Sorry I was being a little obtuse, Jack! Linus is the Lambsfoot in @Pàdruig's pass-a-round. It just arrived yesterday. I will post pics later--about to leave the house now.
--Vince

Very well-said, Duncan! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: I'll affirm every statement that appears in your post!

Astounding horn, Jack!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Gary :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - I think you meant Vince.

Sorry I was being a little obtuse, Jack! Linus is the Lambsfoot in @Pàdruig's pass-a-round. It just arrived yesterday. I will post pics later--about to leave the house now.
--Vince

Sorry guys, I'm going downhill by the minute! :eek: How could I forget about Linus! :confused: I'm blaming it on being distracted by Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck 's delicious-looking tea ring :rolleyes: The only thing I could find to go with a cuppa was a Clif bar! o_O ;) :thumbsup:

fZXaNSa.jpg

usQ5E6H.jpg

View attachment 1216391 View attachment 1216392 It’s my birthday next week so all my grandchildren stopped by yesterday and dropped off a present they all took a hand in designing. As you know from my posts I love to cook and bake.they thought I would really treasure this
What a wonderfully thoughtful gift Al! I hope you have a great birthday and get to spend lots of time with your family, especially those grandchildren! :thumbsup::D

Breathtaking bone WCLF, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you for the kind words Gary! :):thumbsup:

Lovely pearl Jack. :thumbsup::cool: That CLIFF bar sure looks like pemmican. :p

View attachment 1216620

Thanks buddy, it tasted a little better than it looked :D ;) :thumbsup:

Don't blame you for getting distracted Jack. Those tea rings are an evil mistress.

@CelloDan making me want to go downstairs for a few shots :)

9hKNoFJ.jpg

Thanks Mike, that's a great line :D Great-looking slingshot to go with your Lambsfoot too my friend. I ordered some rubber for the stag slingshot I picked up yesterday, have to say it's a short frame, probably looks better than it shoots! :D Guess I can always get a set of knife scales out of it! ;) :thumbsup:

A2z5C5a.jpg

I think the stag is from the Harewood Estate, where I saw a large herd of deer yesterday, and some darn nice-looking antlers ;) :thumbsup:

Back