Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you Gary :) :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, I'm going downhill by the minute! :eek: How could I forget about Linus! :confused: I'm blaming it on being distracted by @Crazy Canuck 's delicious-looking tea ring :rolleyes: The only thing I could find to go with a cuppa was a Clif bar! o_O ;) :thumbsup:

fZXaNSa.jpg

usQ5E6H.jpg
Never get tired of that ivory!

Here is something for a rainy day!! (Raining all weekend here in the Rainforest!!). I've jumped on the slingshot bandwagon, and I am currently building a "shot trap" using my HHB of course, and an old cardboard box!!! Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
HHB w Wasp 1.jpg

Never get tired of that ivory!

Thanks Vince :) :thumbsup:

Here is something for a rainy day!! (Raining all weekend here in the Rainforest!!). I've jumped on the slingshot bandwagon, and I am currently building a "shot trap" using my HHB of course, and an old cardboard box!!! Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
View attachment 1216743

Great stuff Charlie, have fun my friend :) Love that pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Or a chaw of tabacky!

:D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Sorry for not responding sooner. The Lamb is indeed a 1XL. You have some very top drawer Lambs. A pleasure to look at. So is that link to tools. It’s monetized for the old Catalogues, but well worth it for the serious researcher. Good to hear that your having a nice weekend.

@pjsjr Hello Preston. Very nice image.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Another 1XL.
81420FA3-7F2B-46B7-929A-8F91B4A39262_zps91bneefh.jpeg

Sounds great Kevin, I can just picture it with little beer glasses as hour markers! :D Also, someone invented the Teasmaid (which I'm staggered to see is still manufactured), so why not a Beermaid?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks mate, I thought it was a nice piece of stag, but not sure how it'll shoot. I certainly need to replace the 2" bands, think the guy who made it must have run out of rubber! :rolleyes: He makes knives too :thumbsup:

Gfpujon.jpg

Your 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot is looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:
Just some small alterations to that Teamaid design and POW....BEERMAID !
Those short bands on the sling shot should work juuuust fine....for a T-Rex. :p:D;)

I thought some of our Guardians might be interested in the website of the UK Tools & Trades History Society, it has some excellent free resources, such as old catalogues ('Smith's Key' is among them), and lots of interesting articles, including some on historic cutlery manufacturers. Note that you'll have to search around the site a bit, as they're not all linked to on the Resources page :thumbsup:

FncGsQq.jpg
The White Rose is looking splendid, as always. :thumbsup:
Also, thank you for the link.

I'm sure it's just an oversight that people don't praise your advice, FBC! :p:thumbsup:
Thanks for the effusive praise for Union Jack. :)

You must be right, just an oversight.... :rolleyes::D

My Saturday Lamb
48926738711_b9d0539986_h.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Sorry for not responding sooner. The Lamb is indeed a 1XL. You have some very top drawer Lambs. A pleasure to look at. So is that link to tools. It’s monetized for the old Catalogues, but well worth it for the serious researcher. Good to hear that your having a nice weekend.

Thank you Harvey, that is gorgeous :) There are a few catalogues to download for free here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/downloads. More freebies here: https://taths.org.uk/reading/taths-free-e-books Lots more too, you just need to look around the site a bit :thumbsup:

A little more catch-up action for me as I quote some almost-randomly-selected posts from earlier this week.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you Gary for your nice words. You were right. It’s birch bark shedding a couple of outer layers. Your Valley Jack looks mighty fine.
Thanks for the info on your photo, Harvey, and for the compliment regarding VJ. :)

Very frustrating GT o_O Thank you for the kind words my friend, and that's a great pic of Valley Jack :thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, thought I'd carry this old Alfred Blackwell today :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:
I appreciate your support of the VJ portrait. :)
Your Alfred Blackwell is a venerable and vivid lambsfoot, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:
Exciting ebony, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Cool photo, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: For a sun-chasing mythical wolf, Sköll took a surprisingly dainty bite out of that fruit. ;)

Good morning Guardians! :) I’m visiting my daughter so unfortunately I don’t have any of my wooden covered Lambsfoot knives with me. So I’m not actually carrying any of these, but I thought since it’s Wooden Wednesday a family portrait of my Ironwood clad Lambsfoot collection would be okay! :thumbsup::)
Impressive array of ironwood lambsfoots, Ron! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I turned a few bowls this summer for family, friends and as wedding gifts.
Now closing my unheated little shop for the winter.
Here are a couple bowls from local woods.

Black Locust bark edge bowl
Box Elder ( Manitoba Maple )
Couple of lovely bowls along with your enchanting ebony lambsfoot, Dan! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.

Albert Oates
View attachment 1214220
At least 3 enticing textures in that photo, Harvey! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Happy Wednesday Guardians. Feeling a bit fancy today ;)
That 2-bolster ebony lambsfoot is supremely sophisticated, Mike! ;):cool::cool:

Interesting post and immaculate AC photo, Neal! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Scissors and Lambsfoot by Unity Cutlery Co-operative :thumbsup:
Jack, your matched set of Unity cutlery is grand (and delightfully self-referential in its "unity" ;))! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

waynorth waynorth - Thought this would be a good time to post a picture of my Waynorth Cutlery Lambfoot
Your jigged bone WCLF is an exquisite, breathtaking knife, ED!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You do know how to build someone up, then let them down, and not even gently.:rolleyes:;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
They taught me that in law school!
You were a good student:rolleyes:
:D:D Thanks for the amusing entertainment, gents!

Good Thursday Guardians.;):thumbsup:
José, I always enjoy seeing your green jigged bone lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Big Un on a cook stove
That big horn lambsfoot is a real looker, ED! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1214786
The photo of your AC is Artistically Compelling, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

6.05pm here, and I am worn out after a long day helping out my pal on the market. I haven't even felt like eating, except for a couple of buttered slices of this delicious Blue Bird Bakery granary bread :thumbsup:
Bread and ebony lambsfoot both look delectable, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Happy "70(ish)% of the way to the weekend", Guardians!
When the chips are down, that jigged bone WCLF will pick you up, Matt! ;):cool::cool:

A package from Jack Black Jack Black arrived about an hour ago with the pictured contents.

2019 Guardians Lambfoot with Ironwood covers and blade etch; Jack Black SFO Standard with ebony covers and blade etch; two buttons; AND an Anchor and lovely booklet titled "Maritime" from the Roundtree Tryon Galleries filled with maritime pictures and articles - a nice touch. I'll post more pictures in the days ahead. I just wanted to get this post up quickly.
Congrats, ED! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Jack's generosity and thoughtfulness are legendary!

48911789187_a7f63f5ae3_h.jpg

He sure is, GT.
Your comment reminded of Mom's home cookin' . :rolleyes: :D
Good Old Jake
Takes the Cake! ;)
FBC, your comment about my comment reminded me of this :D:thumbsup::

Valley Jack is back:
VJ.pile.Vopen.knot.jpg

- GT

Write too much, and you have to split your blabberings.

The creature is the Russian Imperial Eagle. It's on one of these:
A 'Sevastopol Cannon'. ...
This one sits within the bailey of the Norman era Rochester Castle, in Rochester in the county of Kent.
BXU2qq2.jpg

Right I'm carrying this today as I thought I'd lost this chap a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was lying somewhere betwixt my house and the city of Liverpool. But last night I was rooting about the foot well of the car in the dark trying to find my parking pass that I'd just fumbled when my hand came down on it. :rolleyes::)
Intriguing info about the cannons, David, and especially interesting to me since I live in Kent County Michigan (although we have no fortress to match the one in your pics :rolleyes:)!
I'm so glad you located the Eye of Sauron after a brief separation; great to see that unforgettable knife again! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians.;):thumbsup:
Peerless Pere David stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone has anything exciting planned for the weekend? Our weather has been so wet and miserable for the past few weeks, that it's been a while since I was able to get out for a good hike. A little different to this time last year, when I took this photo of my AC. Probably just going to visit a few antique stores, probably get some lunch and a pint. Hope everyone has a great weekend anyway :thumbsup:
Stunning photo of your AC, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Perhaps my weekend activities weren't exciting, but I made a substantial dent in the list I drew up Friday evening! ;):thumbsup:
0) Not on my original list, but the first thing I did at 7am Saturday: impulsively went to the next door bakery to see if any of their "day-old" 50% off products included chocolate chip cookies. Scored 2 bags of 4 BIG cookies each! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
1) Lawn mowed, after picking up leaves and sticks.
2) Laundry.
3) Returned stack of books to library, including one that required my reading about 150 final pages during breaks in the laundry.
4) Turned the 2-block trip to the library into a 2.5 mile walk (the weather here is gorgeous this weekend).
5) Volunteered in the "infant nursery" (kids < 2 years old) at church this morning. Only one kid instead of the usual 4-6, and he was scared to death of me the first half hour. But I kept ignoring him and enjoying myself with the many toys available, and he was finally compelled to join me to see why I was having all the fun.
6) Took care of some financial record-keeping.
7) Took some knife pics. (Preparing them for public consumption will have to wait for a different day.)
8) Worked on catching up in the Guardians thread.
9) Composed lab instructions for my statistics class.
Who knows what else I might get done in the 4 hours before I go to bed??? :p:thumbsup:

Lovely photo Jack :thumbsup::) I have to agree with you regarding the weather, I can't remember a September this cool for a long time. :rolleyes:
View attachment 1215375
Your distinguished ebony looks even more elegant flanked by the colorful stones, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Old Black Betty!!
Bam-ba-Lamb!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Howdy All!
Been a little under the weather lately, spent the week in ICU, but got to come home last night!

I'll try to catch up some this evening, fantastic posts and photos from everyone!:thumbsup:

And a special thanks to JohnDF JohnDF for encouragement!

But it wasn't all bad, I did get a new sippy cup!:D:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1215423 You can see me smiling here:
View attachment 1215424
And of course, my super-duper HHB!
View attachment 1215425
Thank you very much Ed!!
They did make me take my boots off!:mad::D
Holy Cow, Dennis! :eek::( Belated Get Well Soon wishes to you! Glad you're home, but ICU for a week sounds less than ideal! You sound like a man after my own heart, though, regarding the footwear. :) When I go to bed at night, the last things to come off are shoes, pants, and glasses, in that order, and those are the first things to go on in the morning, in reverse order. Between getting up and going to bed, I'm almost never without shoes, pants, and glasses!

I don't need any excuse to play with toys.
But a Lambsfoot always add to the enjoyment. ;) :thumbsup:
:D:p

A picture that I had posted in another thread awhile back...

View attachment 1215610
Marvelous photo of a majestic knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to see Old Toffee-wings again! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

2019 Ironwood- Jack Black- Guardians SFO
Vn2t9Wb.jpg
You take inspired pics of your ironwood, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning, Guardians!
Up and at 'em!
Your stag HHB looks like baked goods, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on the Astros accomplishments! ;):cool:

- GT

Write too much, and you have to split your blabberings.

Intriguing info about the cannons, David, and especially interesting to me since I live in Kent County Michigan (although we have no fortress to match the one in your pics :rolleyes:)!
I'm so glad you located the Eye of Sauron after a brief separation; great to see that unforgettable knife again! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Peerless Pere David stag, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Perhaps my weekend activities weren't exciting, but I made a substantial dent in the list I drew up Friday evening! ;):thumbsup:
0) Not on my original list, but the first thing I did at 7am Saturday: impulsively went to the next door bakery to see if any of their "day-old" 50% off products included chocolate chip cookies. Scored 2 bags of 4 BIG cookies each! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
2) Laundry.
3) Returned stack of books to library, including one that required my reading about 150 final pages during breaks in the laundry.
4) Turned the 2-block trip to the library into a 2.5 mile walk (the weather here is gorgeous this weekend).
5) Volunteered in the "infant nursery" (kids < 2 years old) at church this morning. Only one kid instead of the usual 4-6, and he was scared to death of me the first half hour. But I kept ignoring him and enjoying myself with the many toys available, and he was finally compelled to join me to see why I was having all the fun.
7) Took some knife pics. (Preparing them for public consumption will have to wait for a different day.)
Who knows what else I might get done in the 4 hours before I go to bed??? :p:thumbsup:

Your distinguished ebony looks even more elegant flanked by the colorful stones, Dave! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Old Black Betty!!
Bam-ba-Lamb!! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Holy Cow, Dennis! :eek::( Belated Get Well Soon wishes to you! Glad you're home, but ICU for a week sounds less than ideal! You sound like a man after my own heart, though, regarding the footwear. :) When I go to bed at night, the last things to come off are shoes, pants, and glasses, in that order, and those are the first things to go on in the morning, in reverse order. Between getting up and going to bed, I'm almost never without shoes, pants, and glasses!

:D:p

Marvelous photo of a majestic knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Good to see Old Toffee-wings again! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

You take inspired pics of your ironwood, Mark! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your stag HHB looks like baked goods, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Congrats on the Astros accomplishments! ;):cool:

- GT

Blabberings aside ( :) ) you always post interesting and thoughtful words.

Well done Dan, that's a cool pic :cool:

Nice Shootin Tex. :D :thumbsup:

Nice shooting Dan! :thumbsup:

CelloDan CelloDan making me want to go downstairs for a few shots :)

Now I'll be able to practice in my "Man-cave"!!! Except I feel like a "Kid" again!!:D
hhb-w-wasp-1-jpg.1216743

TY Guardians :)

NICE Charlie, so great to see another fellow Guardian lambsfoot totting and slingshot shooting :)

My wife is even allowing me to turn a part of our basement into a shooting slingshot range for the winter :thumbsup:
I hope it works and no errant shot ever pokes a hole in the drywall :eek: cause it’s a lot of fun !

Last edited:

Well that made my morning viewing that spectacular I*XL!!

I appreciate your support of the VJ portrait. :)
Your Alfred Blackwell is a venerable and vivid lambsfoot, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Jack, your matched set of Unity cutlery is grand (and delightfully self-referential in its "unity" ;))! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Valley Jack is back:
View attachment 1216763

- GT

Wow Gary, you have been busy :) Thanks for all the kind words my friend, that's a cracking photo of Valley Jack :thumbsup:

2) Laundry.

Thanks again pal, you have had a very industrious weekend :thumbsup: Nice score on those cookies ;) Sadly, bakeries are pretty rare here these days, but I remember a lot of places used to reduce yesterday's bread, cakes, and pastries to half-price. When I was in my late teens, I lived near a couple that opened until midnight, and from 11.00pm they'd mark the stuff down. Me and my girlfriend would head to one of them for a haul of cream cakes pretty regularly! :D :thumbsup:

Back