Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hopefully this will at least be an improvement on how it came (though the rubber is a bit BRIGHT - must be an anti-zombie slingshot! ;) ) :thumbsup:

8XRm5cv.jpg

The last time I carried my ebony 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot, halfway through a pleasant evenings imbibing, I took a fresh bottle of fine Irish whiskey out of the box to find this...:eek:

l5Ju3HA.jpg

So much for the security tag! o_O Not the first time this has happened, and in the past I've managed to get them off with the help of a Leatherman, but this was one darn stubborn tag, I had to use a hacksaw in the end! :mad: Fellers have got out of Long Kesh easier! :rolleyes:

qJOuvsD.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - How many tears must be shed, before the parents buy their little darling another one. I’ve been that parent.:)

Good Morning Guardians.
7FF27D17-9FE1-49B8-8391-18E907734272_zpszlmqt4aq.jpeg

Yes indeed my friend, me too, I sure hope Monkey has been found :) I've also been the parent who had to replace all his teaspoons because one of his offspring took bizarre pleasure in surreptitiously throwing them in the dustbin :rolleyes: That's an interesting-looking doohickey along with your Damascus SFO :thumbsup:

I told my wife it's like camping... I'm kind of enjoying it. :cool:
and you don't have to hike out 10 miles when you run out of whiskey! :thumbsup:;):D
A photo to Fall over. ;):thumbsup:
Haha, thanks John. I had to double check to make sure this wasn't @5K Qs GT's comment. :D

I started smoking as a 7-year old, and took to it with a passion (I quit 40 years ago). I went through a period of smoking roll-ups when I was 13 or 14. They've been common here for years, but back then only ex-cons and hobos smoked rollies (I liked the quality of the tobacco). Folks would move away from me on the bus, not because I was a child smoking, that was fine, but because I was smoking rollies! :D Nice pic Kevin :) :thumbsup:
child-smoking.jpg

Ya, hoodlum. ;):D

I was thinking that the rollies would be less expensive and maybe better for me. So I tried this chemical free, organic, picked only on a full moon, blah blah, tobacco....it was almost 18 usd a pouch :eek: and dry as sticks. I haven't given up on the rollies though, I picked up a pouch of Bugler for 6 usd. It has been more to my liking.

48944598577_f8602c2793_h.jpg

Yes indeed my friend, me too, I sure hope Monkey has been found :) I've also been the parent who had to replace all his teaspoons because one of his offspring took bizarre pleasure in surreptitiously throwing them in the dustbin :rolleyes: That's an interesting-looking doohickey along with your Damascus SFO :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Throwing spoons in the dust bin is funny...in retrospect.:) The doohicky is a sterling silver Bomb Bead.

Nice pic.:thumbsup: I dug out a couple slingshots from my youth and they're a bit different from the ones being posted now. A lot of time was spent with these old plastic models back when I was a kid. Extra ammo was stored in the hollow handles. Surgical tubing was the norm, back then. Have you ever used this style? I may have to try a new one and see how they compare.

d8PYO2V.jpg

QlEW1rH.jpg
Great pics Mark !
I just started shooting slingshots and get the sense that the technology in the bands has come a long way since the days of the wrist rocket style slingshots.
As a child I shot with a tree fork slingshot and square bands or surgical tubing.
Nice antler slingshots:thumbsup:

Hopefully this will at least be an improvement on how it came (though the rubber is a bit BRIGHT - must be an anti-zombie slingshot! ;) ) :thumbsup:
Very cool :cool::thumbsup:

I'm sorry about your pup.

@
Pàdruig Thank you for sharing this with us. It is tough to lose a loyal companion.

Red Rocks is a beautiful area. My cousin had a gallery in Old Colorado City and I visited the area a number of times.

Sorry to hear about your loss Dylan. He was a beautiful boy and I know you and your family will miss him.

Pàdruig Pàdruig - Very sorry, Dylan, to hear of Saxon’s passing.

So sorry to hear about Saxon, Dylan. I know what you are going through.

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are the greatest gift to man and that companionship is on of the purest things in the world. He will live forever in your heart and in the good memories you have of him.

Joe

Really sorry to read of your heartbreaking news Dylan :( I'm sure you have many happy memories of your times with Saxon, thanks for sharing some of them with us. Sincere condolences my friend, and thanks for the great photos :thumbsup:

Dylan I am extremely sad to hear about Saxon. Terrible loss for you and your family.

My sincerest condolences, Dylan.
6PPZIL4.jpg

My sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved friend Dylan.

Sincere condolences to you and your family, Dylan, on the passing of Saxon. Just heartbreaking.

Good morning, Guardians, and Dylan, so sorry to hear of your sad news.

Sorry about Saxon, Dylan!! Tough to lose a member of the family!!:(
@Padruig

@Padruig - Very sad to hear about Saxon Dylan. They're just like family. He looked to be a magnificent dog.

Thank you all so much for the very kind words, they are all very much appreciated. I loved that boy and could never resist showing him off or talking about him really, he had such a great spirit.

I opted to carry one of my very favorites today, I don't think I have a better "Autumn" knife.

EC35RUY.jpg

The last time I carried my ebony 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot, halfway through a pleasant evenings imbibing, I took a fresh bottle of fine Irish whiskey out of the box to find this...:eek:

l5Ju3HA.jpg

So much for the security tag! o_O Not the first time this has happened, and in the past I've managed to get them off with the help of a Leatherman, but this was one darn stubborn tag, I had to use a hacksaw in the end! :mad: Fellers have got out of Long Kesh easier! :rolleyes:

qJOuvsD.jpg

It might be easier to just pay for it next time, Jack. ;):p:D

Thank you all so much for the very kind words, they are all very much appreciated. I loved that boy and could never resist showing him off or talking about him really, he had such a great spirit.

I opted to carry one of my very favorites today, I don't think I have a better "Autumn" knife.

EC35RUY.jpg

Regretfully I missed your post and just saw it now. My deepest condolences , Dylan.
Being a dog person myself I can relate a little.
Take some comfort in knowing that you gave Saxon a good life that was filled with love.
RIP Saxon...

Back