Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lovely photos Jack. One of my favourite places is Skye. My favourite place on Skye is probably Talisker Bay. The whisky they make nearby is not at all bad either!

Thank you my friend, definitely a special place :) :thumbsup:

Inspired by Jack's History bits and Jer's mode of transport, I thought I'd truck these in from the cold, of the Queen's tower (a display case):)!!
These Lamb Foot knives are all Wright, except the black Eye!!
View attachment 1230372 View attachment 1230373 View attachment 1230374 View attachment 1230375 View attachment 1230376 View attachment 1230377

Great to see those Charlie, four hand-picked, and one SFO :) Love your pics, Tonka were the bees knees (though I don't think they were available here until my younger brother was playing with toy vehicles) :cool: :thumbsup:

My favorite libation from Islay or anywhere.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
I'm gonna have to do some taste tests with Laphroaig, because I love that one too.

I'm gonna have to do some taste tests with Laphroaig, because I love that one too.

Me too, but for me, Lagavulin has it beat by a ways :) Of course the extra 6 years in the barrel probably helps ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for doing the picking and SFOing, Jack!!:)

You're very welcome my friend :) :thumbsup:

That'd make a great sequel to this Dan! :D ;) :thumbsup:
:D:thumbsup: I got to watch this movie :D
Looks like you NEED to be ready Dan! :eek: Hope you don't get it too bad my friend :thumbsup:
It's coming down pretty good right now, I'll be ready in the morning :):thumbsup: I am actually looking forward to it !

Oo, nice. Mine is about 22 years old. I'll run it till it drops, at which time I'll console myself with the modern spout-aiming lever. With mine you have to twirl a crank.
Thanks Jer, I never had one. My neighbors with their machines were very helpful so many times too and dug us out. One of the biggest headaches is the snowplows that drive by our street every 2 hours and dump this mountain at the entrance of our driveway :mad:

Now that snowblower looks the business! Just in time to deal with that weather forecast.:D
I am ready David :):thumbsup:

I hope you picked up a couple of spare shear pins for your new snow blower.
Thanks Ed for the tips. There were two pins in a plastic bag together with the manual. I'll make sure to get spare ones tomorrow. A little while ago I checked the oil, put gas in the tank and started for the first time. :thumbsup::)

Just now I opened the front door and showed my trusty ebony lambsfoot what "S#*#" is all about :D
He'll be riding in my pocket as we clear it tomorrow :thumbsup:

ybbdhOP.jpg

One of the biggest headaches is the snowplows that drive by our street every 2 hours and dump this mountain at the entrance of our driveway
Yeah. I try to thwart them by clearing the edge of the street up to the previous driveway. But if they get you anyway, it's good to have the snow-blower.

Thank you, Jack! That Bushmills looks terrific and Marilyn is a fine looking lass, nice looking horn.

n7ugWLr.jpg
Sorry, Dylan, I guess I lost your quote earlier. Wonderful shot of your WCLF!:cool::thumbsup:
It's just past midnight on the East coast so on this Veterans Day, a tip of the hat to all Veterans.

ksYhZYE.jpg
A tip back to ya, Ed! Thanks for your service!!:):thumbsup:
Hope all went well with your "Fantastic Voyage" Dennis!
Thanks, Charlie!:D Just waiting for the Dr to review and call us back.
Nice snap open and closed!!
It needs a light honing, and it's going for a pocket-ride!! Cheep cheep!!:D:D
eye-synth-stag-1-jpg.1230122
eye-synth-stag-2-jpg.1230123
"Eye" thing you scored a winner there!:cool::thumbsup:
Nice to see your horn Big 'Un :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack! I do enjoy it!;):thumbsup:
Still raining here in Yorkshire :( Saluting our resident sailor Guardians with my 'US Navy' Needham Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:

0p1wiut.jpg
Been quite dismal here, windy and cold, just no snow, a little frozen rain.
Very nice Lambsfoot for a special day, both sides of the ocean!:thumbsup:
:)
Nice, Dan!:thumbsup:
Good morning and great week Guardians.;):thumbsup:

Nice photo, José!:thumbsup:
Kermit and his friends anxiously awaiting the new addition to the flock. They've been informed he or she is scheduled to arrive in a week or so and they're doing their best to be patient.

XnNGKAR.jpg
:D
Always nice to add to the flock!:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
Sköll is showing some great courage, John!:D:cool:
Hope the remodel is going well!
Skoll is looking fabulous! :) :thumbsup:

N8qjS0M.jpg

IB9JjC0.jpg
Great photos, Jack! Hope the weather is improving for you!:cool:
And Good Morning, Guardians!
8os8ei7.jpg

There's a veteran for you: died at the Alamo defending freedom.
Nice photo and Lambsfoot, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, it is. Quite quiet itself, but just a couple hundred yards to a major road.
ZpGiPUd.jpg
Very nice!:cool::thumbsup: Hope he don't get stuck in the snow!:eek::D
Great looking knife. :thumbsup:

It was actually mildly sunny up until about midday (transit began 12:30 GMT) then the inevitable happened and it started pouring down.:rolleyes: 13 years until the next one...:rolleyes:
Not today as the weather was to damned pants to take a photo.
vpvv9tE.jpg
Ain't that the way it works! But a wonderful photo, David!:)
I thought I'd truck these in from the cold, of the Queen's tower (a display case):)!!
These Lamb Foot knives are all Wright, except the black Eye!!
fancies-1-jpg.1230372
fancies-2-jpg.1230373
Great idea and photos, Charlie! You and Jer have a cool idea! Sure Kevin @flatblackcapo can add to the fleet!:cool:
Bit off topic, but just want to post for Remembrance Day, especially to any forum members who have served.
Nice post, cudgee, it is appreciated!:)
Just now I opened the front door and showed my trusty ebony lambsfoot what "S#*#" is all about :D

ybbdhOP.jpg
Mmmm, looks like a big chore, Dan! Don't forget the antifreeze of your choice! I like either coffee with a splash of Wiskey, or hot chocolate with Rumple Minze .:D:thumbsup:

Hope all had a great veterans day, especially fellow veterans!

Here's some memorable from days past, bringing in a few allies that are always there with us.
20191111_193815-2064x1469.jpg
Hope some day we won't have to go to war anymore.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.

Douglas MacArthur"

:D:thumbsup: I got to watch this movie :D

It's coming down pretty good right now, I'll be ready in the morning :):thumbsup: I am actually looking forward to it !

Thanks Jer, I never had one. My neighbors with their machines were very helpful so many times too and dug us out. One of the biggest headaches is the snowplows that drive by our street every 2 hours and dump this mountain at the entrance of our driveway :mad:

I am ready David :):thumbsup:

Thanks Ed for the tips. There were two pins in a plastic bag together with the manual. I'll make sure to get spare ones tomorrow. A little while ago I checked the oil, put gas in the tank and started for the first time. :thumbsup::)

ybbdhOP.jpg

Definitely check it out Dan, based on a true story :thumbsup:

Have fun with your blower my friend :) I doubt there are many in England, snow rarely stays for more than a few days, except on the hills. I remember spending a couple of hours clearing my path after it snowed a few years ago, woke up in the morning and all the snow had gone anyway :rolleyes:

Thank you, Jack! I do enjoy it!;):thumbsup:

Been quite dismal here, windy and cold, just no snow, a little frozen rain.
Very nice Lambsfoot for a special day, both sides of the ocean!:thumbsup:

:)
Nice, Dan!:thumbsup:

Nice photo, José!:thumbsup:

:D
Always nice to add to the flock!:thumbsup:

Great photos, Jack! Hope the weather is improving for you!:cool:

Nice photo and Lambsfoot, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:

Very nice!:cool::thumbsup: Hope he don't get stuck in the snow!:eek::D

Ain't that the way it works! But a wonderful photo, David!:)

Great idea and photos, Charlie! You and Jer have a cool idea! Sure Kevin @flatblackcapo can add to the fleet!:cool:

Nice post, cudgee, it is appreciated!:)

Mmmm, looks like a big chore, Dan! Don't forget the antifreeze of your choice! I like either coffee with a splash of Wiskey, or hot chocolate with Rumple Minze .:D:thumbsup:

Hope all had a great veterans day, especially fellow veterans!

Here's some memorable from days past, bringing in a few allies that are always there with us.
View attachment 1230648
Hope some day we won't have to go to war anymore.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.

Douglas MacArthur"

Sorry to hear about the miserable weather Dennis :( Thanks pal, it rained hard all night, but is dry at the moment :rolleyes: Great photo, and I share your sentiments my friend :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well so far. Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day! ;) :thumbsup:

6OWaIPD.jpg

En0C7BL.jpg

Good morning y'all! This was taken a few weeks ago. Woke up to 2" of the white stuff here in central Ohio. But, it won't last long this week. CelloDan CelloDan Dan, my snow thrower is in the garage and ready for service also. Don't know if they have it in Canada, or something similar, but I spray Fluid Film on the inside chutes and blades and it pretty much keeps the wetter white stuff from sticking and clogging it up.

DSC-3001.jpg

but I spray Fluid Film on the inside chutes and blades and it pretty much keeps the wetter white stuff from sticking and clogging it up.
I forgot to do it yesterday, but I use cooking oil spray for that, on the recommendation of somebody at Lowes. I think it's cheaper than Lemon Pledge, though I haven't bought that in a while.

Those are some beautiful Lambs, Charlie. The truck was a fun addition. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Dennis.
If everything stays on schedule, I can start moving back in a week. :cool::thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well so far. Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day! ;) :thumbsup:

6OWaIPD.jpg

En0C7BL.jpg
2019 Knives of the Year. :cool::thumbsup:

Back