Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hope you feel better soon Mike Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck

My new scout LT wants to say "Hi" to you :)

hKeX1yt.jpg

Cool pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Knowing that I wouldn't be able to get hold of any decent bread by the time I got back to Leeds yesterday, I purchased a couple of small loaves from the Bluebird Bakery in York, white sourdough on the left, granary on the right :)

BIa2In6.jpg

Just having a sandwich and a glass of Barossa Valley Shiraz :thumbsup:

zFFy65k.jpg

More great ebony!:eek: Nice choice, John!
Thank you, Dennis. :)

I seen John's and Ed's Bat Lamb Signal, but I was delayed by some BedLamb going on here:D!
Wonderful wordsmithing, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:

Struggling with an awful cold this week
Hope you feel better soon. :(

Not that I needed reminding why I prefer carbon steel ;) :thumbsup:
But it stains... and it doesn't hold an edge forever... and I can't brag about it to my bros :confused: :D :rolleyes:

I purchased a couple of small loaves from the Bluebird Bakery in York, white sourdough on the left, granary on the right :)

BIa2In6.jpg
Great picture, Jack. Hope it tastes as good as it looks. :cool::thumbsup:

Hope that cold clears up for you soon Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck .:thumbsup:

Sad to say Linus is still missing. I think he is being held captive in Tennessee but there's no telling where he really is. Is he buried in a desk drawer, forgotten in the pocket of a pair of old pants, languishing under a pile of paper ---????? It's a mystery for sure.:(

Today's contribution is a mixed pair of Jack Black Jack Black SFO Hartshead Barlows

eOc4mzz.jpg

Good Morning Guardians
I had a good time watching all the marching bands yesterday. Today I'm taking my son to the ballet... :eek:
As part of his marching band training, he is taking a ballet class. One of the requirements for the class is to attend a ballet. I promised I'd go with him if he promised not to let me snore too loud. :D

The morning sun hitting my WCLF resting on my ammo box...

Hope that cold clears up for you soon Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck .:thumbsup:

Sad to say Linus is still missing. I think he is being held captive in Tennessee but there's no telling where he really is. Is he buried in a desk drawer, forgotten in the pocket of a pair of old pants, languishing under a pile of paper ---????? It's a mystery for sure.:(

Today's contribution is a mixed pair of Jack Black Jack Black SFO Hartshead Barlows

eOc4mzz.jpg
I'm sure Linus has not been forgotten. Ron may be traveling, and I think we will see Linus soon.

Last edited:
But it stains... and it doesn't hold an edge forever... and I can't brag about it to my bros :confused: :D :rolleyes:

Great picture, Jack. Hope it tastes as good as it looks. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, good bread :) :D :thumbsup:

eOc4mzz.jpg

Blimey, where is Linus?! :eek: Nice to see those two together Ed :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I had a good time watching all the marching bands yesterday. Today I'm taking my son to the ballet... :eek:
As part of his marching band training, he is taking a ballet class. One of the requirements for the class is to attend a ballet. I promised I'd go with him if he promised not to let me snore too loud. :D

The morning sun hitting my WCLF resting on my ammo box...

Have fun John :D :thumbsup:

From a posting standpoint, I've been AWOL from the Guardians for a while. I still read the thread at least at breakfast and after supper most days.
While carrying out some very long overdue knife-cleaning duties, I managed to stab myself with an old dirty knife :rolleyes: After cleaning the wound, and applying a large band aid, it still wouldn't stop bleeding, so I thought I'd give this stuff a try. Has anyone else tried it, it's very inexpensive compared to Haemostatic agents, and suitable for more people. You pour on the powder, and it forms a 'scab' almost immediately :thumbsup:
That WoundSeal powder sounds like handy stuff to keep around! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the report, Jack, and I hope you're well on your way to complete wound recovery by now!

This is one of my favorite lambsfoot photos, ED, with your knife handle and the horn showing virtually identical coloring! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheep Cheep!! I thought I was letting a baby chick into my Lamb herd!!?? This knife that follows
was in a "make any offer" pile at my knife club breakfast, so it cost very little!
Two days later, I was just now Coon-Fingering and Chicken-Eyeing it (heh)!!:D and it's great!!
It's an Eye Witness, 3 9/16", with some black "staglon" type handles, and hammered pins!
The blade is perfectly centered, and hardly worn, just nice and evenly patina-ed!! Nice snap open and closed!!
It needs a light honing, and it's going for a pocket-ride!! Cheep cheep!!:D:D
View attachment 1230122 View attachment 1230123 View attachment 1230124
Congrats, Charlie; that looks like a good one! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I'm a sucker for all manner of faux stag (as well as for most varieties of the real thing)! :rolleyes:

Good morning and great week Guardians.;):thumbsup:
Striking stripes on your ironwood, José (and a ladybug bonus?)! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Kermit and his friends anxiously awaiting the new addition to the flock. They've been informed he or she is scheduled to arrive in a week or so and they're doing their best to be patient.
Cool pic of Kermit and friends, James! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Looking forward to see the new kid on the flock soon!

Good Morning Guardians
You deserve a badge of courage for sticking carnivorous Sköll into your pocket as often as you do, John! ;):cool::cool:

I'd like to be missing it. Oh well, Spring is just around the corner.
I appreciate your attitude, Jer, and I can accept that spring is just around the corner, but I fear that the corner itself is a loooong way down the road. :rolleyes::(

It may be my fault for jumping the gun and watching my favorite Christmas movie last night.
In the silver lining department, maybe some of that Fall yardwork will have to wait for Spring.
What's your favorite Christmas movie, Jer? I should probably try to avoid it this year. :eek:
Hard to believe that I had my yard virtually free of leaves last week Saturday, but the snow brought down many more leaves than I've picked up so far this season. I'm hoping the snow will all melt this week and I can do a lot of leaf maintenance next Saturday (but my oak trees still cling stubbornly to the majority of their leaves).

My favorite libation from Islay or anywhere.
I am so ignorant about whiskey/whisky that when some of you post "Islay" I think it's Pig Latin. (By the way, is the "I" in Islay long or short, and is the "s" an "ess" sound or a "zee" sound?)

Good to see your Eye on us again, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I use a leaf blower, blow them onto the big lawn, and then run them over with my lawn tractor. Quick and easy. :D
I don't have a lawn tractor, but I have a mulching lawn mower (maybe 26" or 28" wide?), and I can use John's technique (usually early and late in the leaf season when there's essentially just a single layer or two of leaves covering the yard. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: But at the peak of "leaf drop", when the leaves are at least ankle-deep, mulching them deposits such a thick carpet of shredded leaves that I don't dare let it stay on the grass all winter. :eek:

Inspired by Jack's History bits and Jer's mode of transport, I thought I'd truck these in from the cold, of the Queen's tower (a display case):)!!
These Lamb Foot knives are all Wright, except the black Eye!!
View attachment 1230372 View attachment 1230373 View attachment 1230374 View attachment 1230375 View attachment 1230376 View attachment 1230377
Heavenly Horn by the Truckload, Charlie! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope some day we won't have to go to war anymore.

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.

Douglas MacArthur"
"...and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks...."
--Isaiah 2:4
Wouldn't that be something, Dennis and Vince? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely check it out Dan, based on a true story :thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well so far. Thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day! ;) :thumbsup:

6OWaIPD.jpg

En0C7BL.jpg
I looked up the Wikipedia page for that movie when you posted the trailer, Jack; it looks like one I'd enjoy. I seem to recall I've liked that actor in at least a couple of roles, but can't remember what they were. :(:rolleyes:
Couple of impressive lambsfoots in 2019, Jack; I really like the bolster patina on your stag HHB SFO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Don't know if they have it in Canada, or something similar, but I spray Fluid Film on the inside chutes and blades and it pretty much keeps the wetter white stuff from sticking and clogging it up.
Would that Fluid Film be effective on a snow shovel? The first snowfall this year was trying my patience when each shovelful of snow I tried to throw over the fence retained at least a third of the its load stuck to the shovel! :mad:

Sorry, no truck and lamb pic today, Dennis. I did find my old Atari games though. :D
49049893293_41aa4e1fca_h.jpg
That 2-tone horn is fantastic, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I never had any kind of game system, but in 1982 I did buy a Radio Shack Color Computer and a used portable color TV so that I could play a version of Donkey Kong made by Tom Mix Software (came on a casette tape whose contents had to be downloaded to the computer).

It doesn't seem like long ago Dan :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

q3VwwiN.jpg

Those were the days, my friend! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Well I'm not a happy chap. Myself and Jack may of mentioned once or twice that over here in the north of England it's barely stopped raining for about 2 months.
Last week I put my HHB in my car glovebox. Yesterday I went to get it out and found the blade covered in rust. :( The inside of the car was...damp to say the least, as I've not driven it since last Thursday and it's been sat outside.
Not the best picture but the shadow on the blade is all rust, not a patina, as I've barely used this knife.
Sorry to hear that, David. :thumbsdown::(:thumbsdown: I hope whatever rust formed in a week can be removed fairly easily. I'm always thinking about what knife I ought to keep permanently in my vehicle; obviously I should probably only consider stainless steel candidates! :rolleyes:

Time to have some Sunday lunch. My lambsfoot this week is LamBarJack, and I'm depending on him to help make a summer sausage, extra sharp cheddar, dill pickle, and lettuce sandwich! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
hhb.mark.Vflat.table.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
Nice Kevin, you must have had that one a while now :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, my friend. I think Betty came with the "I'll take 'em all" bunch. :oops::D

More ebony?????o_O
Great shot, Kevin!
Thanks, Dennis. This is a pic of Betty in her younger and more stubborn days.

35356733016_703c5b5a0e_h.jpg

That 2-tone horn is fantastic, FBC! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I never had any kind of game system, but in 1982 I did buy a Radio Shack Color Computer and a used portable color TV so that I could play a version of Donkey Kong made by Tom Mix Software (came on a casette tape whose contents had to be downloaded to the computer).
Thank you, Gary. I think I still owe you a pic of this one with a two tone car from the 50's. :oops:
I too played a lot of Donkey Kong in my day. That set up sounds interesting. Do you still have it?

And a happy Sunday morning to all.
View attachment 1233958

Like that pic Vince :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you for the well wishes. Very much appreciated. Think we're over the worst of it and actually feeling much better today.

oVZ1jxn.jpg

Glad to hear it Mike :thumbsup:

That WoundSeal powder sounds like handy stuff to keep around! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the report, Jack, and I hope you're well on your way to complete wound recovery by now!

Thanks Gary, I reckon so :thumbsup: I put some LiquidSkin over the thumb wound yesterday, just to stop it opening up again. The fingernail is still a bit sore o_O :thumbsup:

I looked up the Wikipedia page for that movie when you posted the trailer, Jack; it looks like one I'd enjoy. I seem to recall I've liked that actor in at least a couple of roles, but can't remember what they were. :(:rolleyes:
Couple of impressive lambsfoots in 2019, Jack; I really like the bolster patina on your stag HHB SFO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I think you would Gary, hard to believe it's directed by David Lynch :rolleyes: Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Time to have some Sunday lunch. My lambsfoot this week is LamBarJack, and I'm depending on him to help make a summer sausage, extra sharp cheddar, dill pickle, and lettuce sandwich! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1234023

- GT

:thumbsup:

Thanks, my friend. I think Betty came with the "I'll take 'em all" bunch. :oops::D

Thanks, Dennis. This is a pic of Betty in her younger and more stubborn days.

35356733016_703c5b5a0e_h.jpg

Thank you, Gary. I think I still owe you a pic of this one with a two tone car from the 50's. :oops:
I too played a lot of Donkey Kong in my day. That set up sounds interesting. Do you still have it?

Oh yeah! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs

GT, from the Fluid Film FAQ:
FLUID FILM will prevent snow from sticking to snow blowers, snow shovels, snow mobiles, etc. and will also keep locks from freezing. It works in sub-zero weather conditions. Application may be required before each use.

I haven’t used it on a shovel. I’d keep it warm inside the house before spraying it. Shake it up good.

Nice pic of your Rosewood HHB! :thumbsup:

Back