Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Happy Friday, Guardians!
Friday is my favorite day of the work week.;) I love spending the weekend with my family.
Hope you all get to do something you enjoy this weekend.:thumbsup:

'19 Ironwood JB sfo's
8C11hH6.jpg

I have a polished deer antler point handle on a Spanish navaja, which I love. Polished stag is a great handle. (Can't post a pic in this thread, though.)

Vince, I've seen your knife in another thread. It is absolutely stunning!

I do like the way you kept the contours of the stag. I'll bet it feels like a worry stone. :cool::thumbsup: I may have to pick up a small pere david one of these days and give it a try.

It actually does make for a nice worry stone. Believe it or not, when I purchased that knife I asked for the gnarliest stag they could find. The chances of you finding a relatively smooth stag handle to sand into a 'smooth white bone' are very good!

Looks like that one has been getting plenty of use Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Nice catch Mr Pink ;) Joseph Rodgers may well be the world's most famous historic cutlery company, so you won't have difficulty finding info on the firm. Here's a good start :thumbsup:

The Brothers look good Ron :D :thumbsup:

Two great posts Ron :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of my horn Big 'Un with a bucket ;)

ZxdTpRb.jpg

Here's the bucket :D It was used for pouring molten steel :thumbsup:

7oX9Lo7.jpg

That horn looks like molten lava.... Never seen one quite like it. It's absolutely stunning!! If that was a standard cover choice they wouldn't be able to take my money fast enough!

It actually does make for a nice worry stone. Believe it or not, when I purchased that knife I asked for the gnarliest stag they could find. The chances of you finding a relatively smooth stag handle to sand into a 'smooth white bone' are very good!

I think, once again, that demonstrates the risks involved in ordering these knives sight-unseen, it's a complete lottery, but I'd say that your chances of getting some gnarly stag are close to zero o_O

That horn looks like molten lava.... Never seen one quite like it. It's absolutely stunning!! If that was a standard cover choice they wouldn't be able to take my money fast enough!

Thank you my friend :) Charlie @waynorth has a few nice horn models too, but I had to buy a lot of knives to get some good ones. In the case of this one, I was lucky enough to spot it at the factory while looking round with @herder (that was under the old ownership). I subsequently asked to have horn like this on half of the 2018 Guardians Knives, but I got something completely different. So, once again, as a lone punter, ordering is a complete lottery, and I've had a lot of bad experiences with the horn from this manufacturer, such as it lifting off the scales. Horn can look great, and I think we were lucky to get some good stuff for the 2017 Guardians knives, but personally, I'd steer clear of horn, it's just too much of a gamble, and if you have problems with it, you're likely to be stuck with a knife that you can either get re-covered or put in a drawer :(

Thought I'd go with the Almond today ;)

ZPJLQKo.jpg

I was watching that 'Made in Britain' show last week and part of it showed the production of Jagger Razors of Sheffield. The Model 301 I think.

Thanks Jack, here are some Chickadee action shots :)
BLT41tY.jpg

hbQdqyI.jpg

Great shot. You are a true birdman. :thumbsup:

The Lincoln Memorial: There are always so many people here it is hard to get a photo without a person in it.
49094718901_163d771365_o.jpg

49094906847_1f0e7219cb_o.jpg

Great shots. I wish our leaders still thought and spoke like that. :thumbsup:

Good afternoon guardians! I've been spending most of my free time this past week polishing the stag on a lambfoot I picked up last year. I have mixed feelings with the Pere David stag and I must admit, I like this knife a lot better with its new shine. Probably sacrilege, but oh well.... :D

Only have the mark side done so far.... pile side next then a good sharpening.

Before:

After:

That's great work, thanks for showing. I have a Wrights knife that may benefit from similar treatment.

donn donn As a church historian, I love your coverage of various church buildings. The mention of bells reminded me of my visit to Carlisle where the bells sounded like someone beating a piece of sheet metal with a sledge hammer. It was not something I wanted to hear daily.

Now for a comparison of Eye Witness and Wright file work:
View attachment 1231675

Crikey that couldn't of been good on the ears.:) Carlisle is the most besieged city in the realm and over the centuries has suffered a lot of damage; including the cathedral, so I wonder if that's something to do with it. The Norman Nave was half destroyed during our civil war so Carlisle cathedral is, AFAIK the only cathedral where the Chancel is longer than the Nave.
L6VoDwY.jpg

It was my HHB today but it'll be the rosewood in a sec as I need something with a bit more clout with which to make some parsnip soup. :thumbsup:
4jQGXh9.jpg

Hope everyone's having a decent Friday. :thumbsup:

I was watching that 'Made in Britain' show last week and part of it showed the production of Jagger Razors of Sheffield. The Model 301 I think.

Great shot. You are a true birdman. :thumbsup:

Great shots. I wish our leaders still thought and spoke like that. :thumbsup:

That's great work, thanks for showing. I have a Wrights knife that may benefit from similar treatment.

Crikey that couldn't of been good on the ears.:) Carlisle is the most besieged city in the realm and over the centuries has suffered a lot of damage; including the cathedral, so I wonder if that's something to do with it. The Norman Nave was half destroyed during our civil war so Carlisle cathedral is, AFAIK the only cathedral where the Chancel is longer than the Nave.
L6VoDwY.jpg

It was my HHB today but it'll be the rosewood in a sec as I need something with a bit more clout with which to make some parsnip soup. :thumbsup:
4jQGXh9.jpg

Hope everyone's having a decent Friday. :thumbsup:

Ey up David :) I was thinking of getting a Jagger razor some years back, but was totally put off by their promotional material, which said something like 'Sheffield has been producing cutlery and razors for nearly a hundred years'. With such ignorance of the city's history, I thought they must be some daft Johnny-come-lately's :rolleyes: Nice to know they're made in Sheffield at least (assuming that is the case) :thumbsup:

Interesting post, as always David :) Enjoy your parsnip soup, and your weekend :thumbsup:

Hope your weekend and the weather afford you some relaxation, Jack. :)

Good Morning Guardians

Thanks John, with all the rotten weather we've had here recently, I'm missing my adventures :( Your ebony WCLF seems to have taken over your pocket my friend :) :thumbsup:

Walking the trails the day after a big wind storm uprooted some trees along the path. ( pic from 3 weeks ago before the "white stuff descended upon the land :) " )
qPF097g.jpg

Cool pic Dan, Mother Nature can be a harsh parent :eek: :D :thumbsup:

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. Great looking horn on your Lamb. Hope things are going your way, my friend.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT.:) I may not achieve “screaming sharp, but I’m enjoying the journey.;) Your Man Jack Senator gets my vote.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. An overwhelming amount of great images from you and the Guardians.

@Half/Stop - Great posts from you and Linus, Ron. Maggie is adorable.

@Campbellclanman - Your AC truely looks awesome. Your continued healing is welcome news.

Good Morning Guardians.
DFDEBA60-387F-4D10-9735-6D72AAEB7E22.jpeg

Ey up David :) I was thinking of getting a Jagger razor some years back, but was totally put off by their promotional material, which said something like 'Sheffield has been producing cutlery and razors for nearly a hundred years'. With such ignorance of the city's history, I thought they must be some daft Johnny-come-lately's :rolleyes: Nice to know they're made in Sheffield at least (assuming that is the case) :thumbsup:

Interesting post, as always David :) Enjoy your parsnip soup, and your weekend :thumbsup:

Wow! Nearly one hundred years! It would take ten times that just to produce whats on your kitchen table :D
Yeah the programme said Jagger Razors are produced in Sheffield. Some of the machining is done by different companies but their all Sheffield based, though you wouldn't think that when watching that waffling video of theirs. :rolleyes::D
Parsnip soup enjoyed thanks. Hope your enjoying your Friday.
Gr0nIyD.jpg

Wow! Nearly one hundred years! It would take ten times that just to produce whats on your kitchen table :D
Yeah the programme said Jagger Razors are produced in Sheffield. Some of the machining is done by different companies but their all Sheffield based, though you wouldn't think that when watching that waffling video of theirs. :rolleyes::D
Parsnip soup enjoyed thanks. Hope your enjoying your Friday.
Gr0nIyD.jpg

LOL! :D I haven't been out all day, so I'm going kind of stir crazy David! :D That looks good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back