Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Looks like a great way to start the weekend Dylan :) Very interesting to read about the Braggots, a style of beer I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info my friend, fantastic pics :) :thumbsup:

Looking good Mr Pink :thumbsup:

Personally, I am not a fan of the Pere David stag, some of it looks 'OK', but with most of it, I'd just rather have something else (ie a different cover material). Unfortunately, the cutler won't just use the best pieces, they'll use all the stag they have, however featureless and uninteresting it is. I think folks just have to take that into account if they decide to order one of the stag models. They're not going to get anything remotely like the photos on the website (which are incredibly misleading), they're not even going to get that type of stag.

31.25%20lambfoot%20stag%20open.JPG

131-2bolster.jpg

Glad you're pleased with your Hartshead Barlow Steve :) Of course that is vintage Sambar stag, and the supply of that, even for SFOs, seems to be exhausted I'm afraid :(

I do know Paul Iseard Steve :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, the weather is still rotten here, so I'm going out for lunch, and then to see The Irishman at one of those fancy cinemas with sofas and table service. Thought I'd be best served by my AC :) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

xC2WXFm.jpg

Beautiful AC, Jack!:thumbsup:

Beautiful AC, Jack!:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.

Enjoy the weekend, my friends. Hope you enjoy the movie, Jack!

What a great knife Jack's Hartshead Barlow turned out to be. Thanks again, sir!
Y1jad95.jpg

Many thanks Mark, that's a great shot of your Barlow :) Hope you have a great weekend :thumbsup:

View attachment 1237458 View attachment 1237457

Have a great weekend Guardians!

After much trial and error, and considerable expense, I can make a few shaving recommendations for those who are interested. Muhle makes a tremendous razor. Astra Platinum blades are an incredible bargain. Simpson’s Manchurian Badger cannot be beat. I also use Taylor’s Old Bond Street Jack. I especially like the Peppermint. However, to me, there is nothing better than Trumper’s Limes, Coconut Oil, or Almond; in that order.

Beautiful photograph of a great knife Mark, Ramrodmb Ramrodmb !

Thank you for the compliments on our German Shepherd @cudgee . You might be surprised to learn that even though she looks serious, she is really just a big marshmallow. She would not hurt a fly, but she does not have to, nobody would dare test her! All she needs to do is show up.

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians
I'm starting my full week off for Thanksgiving. It should be jam-packed with things that need to get done. Football game today, football on TV tomorrow, and moving everything back into the house on Monday - Wednesday... getting ready for Thanksgiving and eventually Christmas. Hope all my Guardian friends have a fun relaxing weekend. :)

Outstanding shots today gentlemen!
Been getting acquainted with this beauty by carrying it all week. Turns out it's a stout, hard working, hand friendly, welcome addition to the flock. Just love it, thanks Jack!
Have an enjoyable weekend all.

sggJWET.jpg

Pile side can be seen in the Stag Saturday thread

I will probably choose my newest lambsfoot to carry all through Thanksgiving week. (I have to put away most of my knives when family comes to stay, just so they don't worry I've gone knife-mad) I expect it'll finally develop a good patina after cutting fruit pies and such.
MFisd0I.jpg

Good morning everyone!! I got back from the hospital late yesterday afternoon but was in "Squinty Eye Pain" and was unable to post. "Squinty Eye Pain" is, when you hurt so bad, you have to squint one eye shut really tight to help the pain medication do it's job.

Here's a pic of my "L-il Un" with horn covers and shaped handle with my board reflected in the blade.

blJm1C0.jpg

Good morning everyone!! I got back from the hospital late yesterday afternoon but was in "Squinty Eye Pain" and was unable to post. "Squinty Eye Pain" is, when you hurt so bad, you have to squint one eye shut really tight to help the pain medication do it's job.

Here's a pic of my "L-il Un" with horn covers and shaped handle with my board reflected in the blade.

blJm1C0.jpg
Sorry to hear of your extreme discomfort, Ed. Hope your pain subsides quickly. Take care.

Jack Black Jack Black - Just saw that “The Irishman” is coming to Netflix, next week. Watched the trailer. Kind of felt conflicting emotions. On the one hand, a veritable “Dream Team” of cast, director, and script/story line, and on the other hand, a kind of farewell to a generation of our bad guys. Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
2E4FCA34-E5F2-4C97-90B2-381E5E6B7C19.jpeg

blJm1C0.jpg

Hope you're feeling better today Ed.

Morning Guardians. It's been a few days shy of a month now with this beauty in the pocket. I do miss the L'il Lambsfoot a bit, but am really enjoying carrying it. Hoping everyone has a great weekend, and if there's any CFL fans, that you enjoy the Grey Cup tomorrow. Our city is hosting this year but didn't make it :(

SDmhWrk.jpg

Good morning everyone!! I got back from the hospital late yesterday afternoon but was in "Squinty Eye Pain" and was unable to post. "Squinty Eye Pain" is, when you hurt so bad, you have to squint one eye shut really tight to help the pain medication do it's job...
Ed, gettin' out of the hospital is half the battle, glad you made it. Hope you are able to keep both eyes open from now on. Feel good fast sir.
... Hoping everyone has a great weekend, and if there's any CFL fans, that you enjoy the Grey Cup tomorrow. Our city is hosting this year but didn't make it :(

SDmhWrk.jpg
One year I chose to visit Toronto on a weekend when unbeknownst to me it was hosting the Grey Cup. The whole town was light-up for the entire weekend.:eek::confused: Have fun but not to much. ;)
BTW nice stag on your barlow.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back