Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, it's actually 209 minutes! :eek: I doubt there'll even be an intermission o_O Anything more than 90 minutes is a bit much for me too, but we haven't had a dry weekend in months, and I've used up all my other wet weather options :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Beautiful AC, Jack!:thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  3. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Good morning Guardians.

Enjoy the weekend, my friends. Hope you enjoy the movie, Jack!

What a great knife Jack's Hartshead Barlow turned out to be. Thanks again, sir!
    [​IMG]

4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Many thanks Mark, that's a great shot of your Barlow :) Hope you have a great weekend :thumbsup:

5. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    5EACA0DD-A06E-455C-A1C5-7B54B16227E2.jpeg 23C55528-F1A2-4D2A-B7BA-A12F7E628E6D.jpeg

Have a great weekend Guardians!

After much trial and error, and considerable expense, I can make a few shaving recommendations for those who are interested. Muhle makes a tremendous razor. Astra Platinum blades are an incredible bargain. Simpson’s Manchurian Badger cannot be beat. I also use Taylor’s Old Bond Street Jack. I especially like the Peppermint. However, to me, there is nothing better than Trumper’s Limes, Coconut Oil, or Almond; in that order.

Beautiful photograph of a great knife Mark, @Ramrodmb !

Thank you for the compliments on our German Shepherd @cudgee . You might be surprised to learn that even though she looks serious, she is really just a big marshmallow. She would not hurt a fly, but she does not have to, nobody would dare test her! All she needs to do is show up.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    I'm starting my full week off for Thanksgiving. It should be jam-packed with things that need to get done. Football game today, football on TV tomorrow, and moving everything back into the house on Monday - Wednesday... getting ready for Thanksgiving and eventually Christmas. Hope all my Guardian friends have a fun relaxing weekend. :)

[​IMG]

7. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Good morning all. Starting the day off right with a good shave and a good knife.
    IMG_1921.JPG

8. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Outstanding shots today gentlemen!
    Been getting acquainted with this beauty by carrying it all week. Turns out it's a stout, hard working, hand friendly, welcome addition to the flock. Just love it, thanks Jack!
    Have an enjoyable weekend all.

[​IMG]
    Pile side can be seen in the Stag Saturday thread

9. strokednbored

strokednbored Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Good morning guardians.
    It's been a while since I've stopped in to say hello. It's been fun going through this thread and catching up. Hope you all have a great weekend!

[​IMG]

10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I will probably choose my newest lambsfoot to carry all through Thanksgiving week. (I have to put away most of my knives when family comes to stay, just so they don't worry I've gone knife-mad) I expect it'll finally develop a good patina after cutting fruit pies and such.
    [​IMG]

11. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I wonder if Jack is enjoying his nap?

mitch4ging, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  12. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good morning everyone!! I got back from the hospital late yesterday afternoon but was in "Squinty Eye Pain" and was unable to post. "Squinty Eye Pain" is, when you hurt so bad, you have to squint one eye shut really tight to help the pain medication do it's job.

Here's a pic of my "L-il Un" with horn covers and shaped handle with my board reflected in the blade.

[​IMG]

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Hope you're feeling better, ED.

14. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I sure enjoy mine.

Jack Black likes this.
  15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I have my nap scheduled. I'll be counting Lambs... :D

[​IMG]

16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Watching the Premier League on the telly.
    [​IMG]
    With the proper accompaniments, of course.
    [​IMG]

17. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Sorry to hear of your extreme discomfort, Ed. Hope your pain subsides quickly. Take care.

@Jack Black - Just saw that “The Irishman” is coming to Netflix, next week. Watched the trailer. Kind of felt conflicting emotions. On the one hand, a veritable “Dream Team” of cast, director, and script/story line, and on the other hand, a kind of farewell to a generation of our bad guys. Hope you enjoy it as much as I’m sure I will, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
    2E4FCA34-E5F2-4C97-90B2-381E5E6B7C19.jpeg

18. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Hope you're feeling better today Ed.

Morning Guardians. It's been a few days shy of a month now with this beauty in the pocket. I do miss the L'il Lambsfoot a bit, but am really enjoying carrying it. Hoping everyone has a great weekend, and if there's any CFL fans, that you enjoy the Grey Cup tomorrow. Our city is hosting this year but didn't make it :(

[​IMG]

19. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Happy weekend Guardians.
    [​IMG]

20. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Ed, gettin' out of the hospital is half the battle, glad you made it. Hope you are able to keep both eyes open from now on. Feel good fast sir.
    One year I chose to visit Toronto on a weekend when unbeknownst to me it was hosting the Grey Cup. The whole town was light-up for the entire weekend.:eek::confused: Have fun but not to much. ;)
    BTW nice stag on your barlow.:thumbsup::thumbsup: