Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

One knife I wish I was around for. :cool::thumbsup:
You weren't here? It feels like you have always been part of the Guardians.
Well, I hope one finds it way into your hands.

Howdy All!
Been missing this place, got some more catching up to do, but fantastic posts by all of you!:):thumbsup:

Here's Big'un posing with a Savage 1921.

View attachment 1247472 View attachment 1247473
Both the Savage and the Big'n look to be well loved.
I hope you are doing well.

What kills vehicles in the UK more than the actual weather is over here in the winter they grit the roads with rock salt. :rolleyes:
Great picture with that engine diagram.
ROCK SALT....Nooooo! :eek:
Thanks, Donn.

Gracias Guardianes :) !
Hey David, I don't know if "argy bargy" is used in Canada as I am still learning English as a second language however I will find out ... thinking I could just say it at work or with friends and see what they think ... especially with my Spanish accent :D

Hey Guardians, meet Toby :)
We brought him home last night :) and he is settling wonderfully with us :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago we lost Koko :( ( last picture ) . He was only seven. He went everywhere with us ... sailing, xc skiing, walking, bicycling ( he is in a winter video I posted a little while ago). He got sick suddenly and the vet could not save him ... we miss him so very much and grieved his loss intensely.

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg
Sorry to hear about Koko. It sounds like you gave him the best life a dog could ask for.
Toby, is a lucky pup.

Here's another one I took of the '18 yesterday.
49205424358_b157b33dd8_h.jpg

Hey David, I don't know if "argy bargy" is used in Canada as I am still learning English as a second language however I will find out ... thinking I could just say it at work or with friends and see what they think ... especially with my Spanish accent :D

We brought him home last night :) and he is settling wonderfully with us :thumbsup:

A few weeks ago we lost Koko :( ( last picture ) . He was only seven. He went everywhere with us ... sailing, xc skiing, walking, bicycling ( he is in a winter video I posted a little while ago). He got sick suddenly and the vet could not save him ... we miss him so very much and grieved his loss intensely.

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg

Having just lost a pup recently, I can sympathize tremendously. Toby looks like a sweetheart, I hope he brings you and your family lots of comfort and happiness.

Thanks Dylan, it's such a shame that they can't produce that sort of quality consistently :( That is such a wonderful photo, I love the inverted view of the bare trees in your whisky :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Despite Wright's failings, I do continue to hope for their success.

Another of Jack's fine SFOs for me this evening. It accompanies me in the quiet, yet chilly aftermath of a recent storm that rolled through.

CyuN8Ci.jpg

I already confuse them. :D

From recent experiences I've learnt it's not actually that hard to do so... :rolleyes::D

donn donn - Thanks much, David. Squeeze is one of my all time favorites. Here’s a cut from another album.

Nope, doesn't ring a bell at all so definately before my time. :D Thanks for posting that though. :):thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
4F3E0890-CC1C-4D7A-9A17-37E707912FEB_zpsydcsiv4u.jpeg

Now I do like that lambsfoot. :):thumbsup:

Sorry Dan, assumed you were in U.S, not Canada. My apologies.
We were teaching the Spanish nurses who came and worked in the UK some of the more obscure English phrases and they sounded great. And in return they were teaching us how to swear in Spanish. :D

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

Arrr....cute. :thumbsup:
Hello Toby.

Absolutely, it's the salt that does it :eek:

Cool pic David, when I was a kid you used to see those all round the coast, but they seem less common today :( :thumbsup:

DuWdkXU.jpg

Friday tomorrow! :) :) :thumbsup:

Aye, being a landlubber I'm not sure how many there are. I know there's one in Scarborough and other coastal Yorkshire towns?
3mnNSr2.jpg

JfMzYS5.jpg

ROCK SALT....Nooooo! :eek:
Thanks, Donn.

And a better knife to go foraging with you couldn't ask for.:thumbsup:

Aye most of our rock salt is mined in (actually under) the county of Cheshire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_in_Cheshire

AB4bsNq.jpg

They were used to store various national treasures in WWII, and our National Archives are being transferred into them. And one of the old mines has been converted to store hazardous waste.

Excellent Lambsfoot. :cool::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. Loved your fish ornament too.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool looking Velocette. Fine image of of the pint and your WCLF.

JohnDF JohnDF - Hey John. Love your Fisherman Ornament and WCLF.

Ramrodmb Ramrodmb - Beautiful image, Mark, of your Ironwood SFO. The red is a great touch.

donn donn - The mince pies look warm and inviting. Your reference to Argy Bargy motivated me to see its’ definition, as well as to trigger an 80s memory of a Squeeze Album of the same name.:)

Good Morning Guardians.

A friend brought over a partially filled Mason Jar of my absolute favorite Rum, 7 yr old Havana Club. A shame I can’t get a whole bottle.:(:)

“A wee dram to ward off the Winter chill.” Along with a J. Milner Lamb. Cheers!
View attachment 1247328
Thanks, Harvey. A warm, inviting image of yours, as well. I'd have a drink with you if I could.

Those look delicious David :) :thumbsup:

Very cool ornament to complement your ebony WCLF John :) :thumbsup:

Lovely photo Dan :) :thumbsup:

That sounds familiar Mark! :D I'm glad you had a great weekend :) I think the book would bore the pants off most folks, but I think my friend will love it :D That's a stunning photo my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice choice Ed :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Harvey, you just inspired me to try and get hold of a bottle of my favourite rum for Christmas :)

rum_dip6.jpg

That's a wonderful pic of your fabulous Milner :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a good day :) I'll be off to the market early in the morning, and the forecast is for low temperatures, wind, and heavy rain, so I might add something extra to my coffee to keep out the chill ;) :thumbsup:

0aks4jJ.jpg
Thanks, Jack. Glad to hear your friend liked the book. Love the "Hair of the Dog" flask with your HHB, my friend.:thumbsup:

Howdy All!
Been missing this place, got some more catching up to do, but fantastic posts by all of you!:):thumbsup:

Here's Big'un posing with a Savage 1921.

View attachment 1247472 View attachment 1247473
Love the Savage posing with your Horn Big-un, Dennis! Glad to see you again and hope all is well with you.:thumbsup:

It is one of Jack's finest SFOs, in my humble opinion. Also a true testament to what Wright's could be capable of.

Indeed!

Thank you, Jack. I've done a few floors in years past but never made a habit of it. The end result will be worth the aching back... (I hope... :oops:)

Thank you, Mark. To be honest, I had not even thought of knee pads and/or a back brace, I so very appreciate the tip. I am going to go pull out my old pads (used for roofing some years ago) and set them aside with the tools for the project.

Figured I would pull out this beauty to accompany me with an evening winter smoke. Mostly just overcast right now and a pipe tends to be a bit less lengthy of a commitment compared to a cigar. (Next year's project: building a cover for my back deck...)

CCg6QQQ.jpg
Excellent photo , Dylan. Like Jack, I was drawn to the glass with the tree reflections. Very cool. The pipe is a handsome thing and goes well with your strikingly re-covered Red jigged bone Lamb.:cool:
What type of wood are you going with for the floor, if you don't mind me asking?

Great picture there. Sorry I didn't know argy bargy wasn't in use in the U.S.:D I think we should all start using the old fashioned phrases. Then we could confuse the youngsters. :D

The red contrasts with the ironwood perfectly. Great shot. :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps. I was finding that shop bought mince pies were a bit short on, well, mince. :rolleyes: They were also bloating me up (more than a mince pie would bloat you up:D) so I started making my own. I'm quite pleased with the result so far. :thumbsup:

That J. Milner is a fine knife. Your a lucky chap.:thumbsup:
I'm going to have to look up that album now as I was still in shorts for most of the 80's. :D

What kills vehicles in the UK more than the actual weather is over here in the winter they grit the roads with rock salt. :rolleyes:
Great picture with that engine diagram.:thumbsup:

No knife for me today as I've chosen to go into work (to escape the UK general election :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). But I'll post something anyways.
VplwZRA.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.
Thanks, David.:thumbsup: Very cool collection pot. I wasn't sure what that was at first. Thanks for the additional photo of the plaque explaining it.

@CelloDan - So sorry for your loss of Koko. They leave a mark on us, don't they?
But, could the little guy Toby be any cuter? I think not!:) I hope he helps to ease the pain.

That's another great pic Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

The 13th, no less!

:eek: :eek:

I'm quite glad that nobody brought cameras to parties back in my younger days. ;)

Hmmmm :D :thumbsup:

Another of Jack's fine SFOs for me this evening. It accompanies me in the quiet, yet chilly aftermath of a recent storm that rolled through.

CyuN8Ci.jpg

Another lovely photo Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Aye, being a landlubber I'm not sure how many there are. I know there's one in Scarborough and other coastal Yorkshire towns?
3mnNSr2.jpg

JfMzYS5.jpg

And a better knife to go foraging with you couldn't ask for.:thumbsup:

Aye most of our rock salt is mined in (actually under) the county of Cheshire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_in_Cheshire

AB4bsNq.jpg

They were used to store various national treasures in WWII, and our National Archives are being transferred into them. And one of the old mines has been converted to store hazardous waste.

Yes, all the East Coast seaside towns had them when I was a kid :thumbsup:

That's very interesting about the Cheshire salt mines David :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I'm a little late posting this morning as my pal came round and took me out for breakfast :) Thought I'd go with my ebony '18 for Friday 13th. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

TLkU7RR.jpg

It's Friday again! :D:D
Hope everyone had an OK week and an excellent weekend to come!:thumbsup:

Here's a Silver flask my Wife's Grandfather carried in WW2, posed with my trusty '19 Ironwood. I'm very proud to have the flask, along with his issued Ruck sack and a small fixed blade I've shown elsewhere. He sounded like quite the man, though I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

JU8yl7x.jpg

You weren't here?
I found the Guardians shortly after that, and I'm glad I did too. :)

That knife is Worthy too. ;)

From recent experiences I've learnt it's not actually that hard to do so... :rolleyes::D
For some of them, it's their waken state. :D

Loved your fish ornament too.:thumbsup:
Thank you, Mark. :)

Beautiful knife pictured on an artistic background. Makes for a great picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Classy picture, Mark. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Glad to hear your friend liked the book. Love the "Hair of the Dog" flask with your HHB, my friend.:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Mark, I must have a dozen flasks, but that is the only one I have in that shape, and I rather like it :) :thumbsup:

I found the Guardians shortly after that, and I'm glad I did too. :)

Beautiful knife pictured on an artistic background. Makes for a great picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Me too John :) Sorry you missed out on the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot though :( Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

Happy Friday the 13th, Guardians.
Carrying this pair to ward off the bad luck.

Nice pic John :) :thumbsup:

It's Friday again! :D:D
Hope everyone had an OK week and an excellent weekend to come!:thumbsup:

Here's a Silver flask my Wife's Grandfather carried in WW2, posed with my trusty '19 Ironwood. I'm very proud to have the flask, along with his issued Ruck sack and a small fixed blade I've shown elsewhere. He sounded like quite the man, though I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

JU8yl7x.jpg

Sorry you never got to meet your wife's grandfather Mark, but it's nice you have his flask, it looks like a good one :) Excellent pic :thumbsup:

So happy you keep checking in, Dennis. Hope you're doing well. :)

mitch4ging mitch4ging - Hello Dennis. Great to hear from you. Hope things are moving in the right directions for you. Your Lamb and rifle pairing is excellent.

Glad to hear you're on a better path Dennis and also glad to see I'm not the only one that suffers dust motes on their knives.:)
Great to see you here Dennis, cool pics :cool: Hope you're doing OK my friend :thumbsup:
Both the Savage and the Big'n look to be well loved.
I hope you are doing well.
Love the Savage posing with your Horn Big-un, Dennis! Glad to see you again and hope all is well with you.:thumbsup:
Thanks to each one of you for the kind words and encouragement! It does mean a lot!:thumbsup: Still working on it, sure knocks all my energy out!...:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians.
Another Christmas ornament.
Not sure why my Wife calls me a Such a Nerd? o_O

:D:thumbsup:
Spydey with a Lamb...watch out Venom! Cool shot, John!:)
The "Rock" hosting an Ebony Standard.

4NEHqTi.jpg
Your photo ROCKS, Ed! Ebony is my favorite!:cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.
4F3E0890-CC1C-4D7A-9A17-37E707912FEB_zpsydcsiv4u.jpeg
Awsome, Harvey! I'm not familiar with that knife, I like it!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toby
hJcv51b.jpg

nVgBKSw.jpg

Koko

PwkjTZo.jpg

Jjn3I2o.jpg
So very sorry to hear about Koko, Dan.:( it's never easy losing a family member/pet. We lost our dachshund a few years ago, didn't think we'd get another...now we have another dachshund and a Cocker Spaniel!:confused::)

It's a pleasure to meet Toby! Handsome fella!:thumbsup:

Many thanks Mike, really kind of you my friend :) :thumbsup:

DuWdkXU.jpg
:cool::thumbsup:
Somebody needs to send that Santa fella a set, he's looking mighty bushy!:D

That's a good looking one, Kevin...although the dude carrying the pitchfork seems a bit sinister!:eek::D:thumbsup:

CyuN8Ci.jpg
That setup is certainly photo "Worthy ":rolleyes::oops::p. Love those '18s, and I agree with John, wished I hadn't missed those.:cool::thumbsup:

Thought I'd go with my ebony '18 for Friday 13th. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

TLkU7RR.jpg
Cool foto, Jack! Love the cheerful colors!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy Friday the 13th, Guardians.
Carrying this pair to ward off the bad luck.
I think you're ready to Raise Some Cain!:(:D Always good to see your WCLF, John!!:thumbsup:

Sorry for all the horrible puns...just keeping a sense of humor, albeit corny!
Speeking of flasks, my camping / hiking flask and Big-un..:thumbsup:

20191210_191357-3024x1470.jpg

He sounded like quite the man, though I never had the pleasure of meeting him.

JU8yl7x.jpg
Sorry Mark, this one got dropped from my post above.
Great photo of two very awesome family heirlooms!:):thumbsup:
Been laid up lately and just attempting to catch up with the Guardians. Health issues are the pits. Moving forward to the Christmas Holiday. Got a lot of shopping to do yet.
Hope you are recovering and feeling better, Bill!!:thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF - Hey John. Love your Fisherman Ornament and WCLF.
I think I dropped this quote earlier... forgive me and Thank you. :)

Very cool ornament to complement your ebony WCLF John :) :thumbsup:

0aks4jJ.jpg
Alo think I dropped this one earlier... Thank you and what a wonderful picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Cool Christmas ornament and a beauty of a Lambsfoot , John. :thumbsup:
Thank you, at least I didn't drop this quote... :D

Been laid up lately and just attempting to catch up with the Guardians. Health issues are the pits. Moving forward to the Christmas Holiday. Got a lot of shopping to do yet.
Hope things get better. :)

watch out Venom!

I think you're ready to Raise Some Cain!:(:D

Keep 'em coming, Dennis. I love puns, Dad jokes, Bad jokes, Rad jokes, etc... :cool::thumbsup:

Back