Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning Guardians, thought I might as well join in ;) :thumbsup:

RtyEkiN.jpg

I’m surprised those are still allowed over there, Jack. :rolleyes: :D

I don't like seeing the old gals, who used to work on the checkout, having to stand up for hours at a time, encouraging shoppers to use the robots, which will eventually see them turfed out of a job :mad: :thumbsup:

I thought it was interesting, when we first visited England, that the employees working the grocery store checkouts were sitting down. Most of ours here have to stand.

We have one grocery store chain that pretty much dominates the market. They've always had a great reputation for quality, good prices, and treating their employees well. Unfortunately, they are pushing pretty hard on the self check, I often see only two or three of the twenty lanes actually open. On the other hand, they are also pushing some sort of we-shop-for-you app, that one can order food online to be picked up or delivered. So the store is full of "professional shoppers" :rolleyes: It seems that while Millennials will stand in line for hours to get into the most popular bars and restaurants, they hate shopping. o_O Okay, it's official, I need one of those canes, just to bang on the ground whilst I rant and grumble.

For anyone who thinks their ebony isn't dark enough, just add a little brisket and sausage grease. The pickles and onions are good for patina, too.
cjaQuef.jpg

I’m pretty sure I know the chain you’re talking about, r8shell r8shell . (It’s HEB, right?) My uncle, who lives outside College Station, manages the beer and wine department at one of their stores, and has always talked about how well they treat employees.

There was a group of super villains in Spider-Man comics in the 1960's called "The Sinister Six"!
3PWdPHR.jpg
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I thought I had that comic, but maybe it was a re-print, or I am just familiar with the image :confused: Spiderman had the best villains :cool: :thumbsup:

I find that quite amusing... You should make a coffee table book of stuffed animals and lambsfoot knives.View attachment 1266692
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side... And a lambsfoot in your pocket

Next year's calendar?! :D Cool pic Willie :thumbsup:

You really do live on the Island of Misfit Toys. :eek::thumbsup:

I hope it helped. :cool::thumbsup:

Sad days. :oops:

Love it! Great picture, Jack. :):thumbsup:

I love puns. :):thumbsup:

Oh ya, forgot about them. :cool::thumbsup:

Nice Solo Carry. :D:thumbsup:

Yeah, what's going on?! :eek: Thanks John, can't do any harm, and it certainly tasted good :) :thumbsup:

Everybody wants a lambsfoot these days...

:D :thumbsup:

Looked in yesterday but was too tired to post after another round with a CAT Scan and a needle biopsy

Standard with Buffalo Horn covers..

tlo59wU.jpg

Sorry to hear that Ed, hope you're rested now :) Great pic there :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool slingshot and razor. Never really into slingshots, but there was a time as a young lad, where I might have improvised with a thick rubber band and a bunch of wadded paper spitballs as projectiles. Fun times.:D

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. The pile side looks equally nice.

JohnDF JohnDF - Thank you John . Looks like a perfect Lamb for Friday’s. Any day, actually.

@Modoc ED - Best thoughts and wishes on your medical visit.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1266855

Thanks Harvey :D Nice pic of your IXL :thumbsup:

I’m surprised those are still allowed over there, Jack. :rolleyes: :D

I thought it was interesting, when we first visited England, that the employees working the grocery store checkouts were sitting down. Most of ours here have to stand.

I’m pretty sure I know the chain you’re talking about, r8shell r8shell . (It’s HEB, right?) My uncle, who lives outside College Station, manages the beer and wine department at one of their stores, and has always talked about how well they treat employees.

Me too Barrett, give it 5 years o_O I don't know that about having to stand, that seems a bit rotten :( :thumbsup:

I'll be having another early night tonight, and hoping to feel better tomorrow, and go out for a stroll. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

wc2IXNG.jpg

Next year's calendar?! :D Cool pic Willie :thumbsup:
I'd buy one, and thanks Jack. I have a question to put before you...15792898761501338886612.jpg
Is the above blade good to be hafted after heat treat and called a lambsfoot? I've been so inspired by others projects I had to do one. I had originally forged this into a spear point and had it on a friction folder. And are lambsfoots allowed to be friction folders?
If it's no good I'll edit it out and whatnot. Thanks guys.
Edit: just saw you aren't feeling well Jack Black Jack Black I'd finish that night cap and maybe have 2 or 3 more and hit the sack, hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yep, it's HEB! :cool::thumbsup: They are a great grocery store, and they have their own disaster relief unit.
The only complaint I have is never enough checkout lanes open, but I know they have to compete with Walmart and Amazon/Whole Foods nowadays when they used to be the only game in town, so I guess they have to push the high tech. :rolleyes:

I'm finishing out the week with the Ebony Big-un. I'd better switch it up next week, the rest of the flock is getting jealous. ;)
DDR0EEb.jpg
PXne3Nb.jpg

I thought I had that comic, but maybe it was a re-print, or I am just familiar with the image :confused: Spiderman had the best villains :cool: :thumbsup:
I was buying comics in the 1960's to early 1970's, when Stan Lee wrote Spider-Man, and most of the Marvel comics, it seems. In the early '70's they started reprinting the Spider-Man series in a book called Marvel Tales. I don't know if they reprinted any other series. Spider-Man was the most popular. In the early '70's you could still pick up old comics at used bookstores for pennies. Not like it is now. Every one in a plastic bag and overpriced. Comics were better then, and written mostly for young people. Family friendly, like the Porch. Too much weirdness out there now.

Yep, it's HEB! :cool::thumbsup: They are a great grocery store, and they have their own disaster relief unit.
The only complaint I have is never enough checkout lanes open, but I know they have to compete with Walmart and Amazon/Whole Foods nowadays when they used to be the only game in town, so I guess they have to push the high tech. :rolleyes:
What I dislike about HEB now is that too many people ride the motorized carts, when 99% of them can walk. Even my 89-year-old mother, who is overweight, won't ride the cart. [Curmudgeonly gripe of the day.]

What I dislike about HEB now is that too many people ride the motorized carts, when 99% of them can walk. Even my 89-year-old mother, who is overweight, won't ride the cart. [Curmudgeonly gripe of the day.]
The last time my 88-year-old dad came to visit, he insisted on riding the cart, and backing up as much as possible, just to make the incredibly loud I'M BACKING UP BEEP! BEEP! noise. Yes, he can walk, but wanted to prove he could still embarrass his middle aged daughter. :rolleyes: :D

I'll be having another early night tonight, and hoping to feel better tomorrow, and go out for a stroll. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend :thumbsup:

wc2IXNG.jpg
I hope you have a good night and feel much better tomorrow, Jack.

I was buying comics in the 1960's to early 1970's, when Stan Lee wrote Spider-Man, and most of the Marvel comics, it seems. In the early '70's they started reprinting the Spider-Man series in a book called Marvel Tales. I don't know if they reprinted any other series. Spider-Man was the most popular. In the early '70's you could still pick up old comics at used bookstores for pennies. Not like it is now. Every one in a plastic bag and overpriced. Comics were better then, and written mostly for young people. Family friendly, like the Porch. Too much weirdness out there now.
Spider-man was definitely the most popular back then. One of the reasons he's always been my favorite. I often drop by the comic book store with my sons and pick up an old copy or two for old time sake. They cost me a dollar these day, still a bargain I think.

I'd buy one, and thanks Jack. I have a question to put before you...View attachment 1266902
Is the above blade good to be hafted after heat treat and called a lambsfoot? I've been so inspired by others projects I had to do one. I had originally forged this into a spear point and had it on a friction folder. And are lambsfoots allowed to be friction folders?
If it's no good I'll edit it out and whatnot. Thanks guys.

Update: it was all for naught... Cracked the blade near the ricasso on heat treat. Gotta start from scratch when I get a chance to crank up the forge. ☹️

it was all for naught... Cracked the blade near the ricasso on heat treat. Gotta start from scratch when I get a chance to crank up the forge. ☹️

Last edited:
Cool futuristic shot of your oxhorn (not "osborn", darn spell checker :mad:), Dennis! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the compliments on my pics. The "stone" to which you refer is the top of a hand pump (you can see the spout to the left) attached to the "fish cleaning table" on the dock at the cottage rental place we stay each summer for a week or two. Pretty sure it's black-painted steel (or cast iron?). Here's another pic of Union Jack at the base of the pump where it bolts to the table:
uj-mark-vopen-pumpbase-jpg.1266647

And since Union Jack is my lambsfoot this week, here's a bonus shot of his pile side, with a friend. Makes one wonder who's guarding whom! ;)
uj-pile-blackhead-sheep-jpg.1266646

Nice knife good pictures, Gary.;):thumbsup:

Back