Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I don't know Jack, I quite like them. This metal tankard is my first and was a Christmas present. Sheffield, English Pewter Company. 92% tin, 6% antimony, 2% copper. (and 100% Yorkshire ale, naturally). :):thumbsup:

MFkABdF.jpg

I thought you might :p I think they might be better today, I had one as a kid, and in the olden days, they were battleship grey and tasted minging! :D My whiskey glass is from the same firm, and the pewter rim doesn't need polishing at all, like the old pewter did. Did you know that the English Pewter Company are based in the very same building Harry Brearley invented stainless steel in 1913? :thumbsup:

Harry_Brearley.jpg

P4Mf5aQ.jpg

Roasting coffee with my AC

View attachment 1268405

Nice pic Joshua :) :thumbsup:

That's a stolen pic, David. Wouldn't mind going to Lambeau Field for a game, but my wife won't go to Wisconsin in the winter. Not a big fan of cold weather myself. I think the current 59F is a little chilly (it's been in the 80's within the last week) here in south Texas.
The playoff game tonight is at 5:40 pm central time. Loser goes home, winner plays in the Super Bowl in a couple of weeks.

59F is a summers day here :D 80F gets people in hysterics and shouting about water rationing :D
Anyway Go Packs! We have an NFL show over here so I can actually catch that game next weekend. :thumbsup:

I thought you might :p I think they might be better today, I had one as a kid, and in the olden days, they were battleship grey and tasted minging! :D My whiskey glass is from the same firm, and the pewter rim doesn't need polishing at all, like the old pewter did. Did you know that the English Pewter Company are based in the very same building Harry Brearley invented stainless steel in 1913? :thumbsup:

Harry_Brearley.jpg

P4Mf5aQ.jpg

Err no I did not! Thank you for enlightening me to a nice piece of Sheffield industry history.
I have an old half-pint pewter tankard and I know what your talking about. I've wondered whether its the patina and not the actual pewter that affects the taste .
Great photos there. :thumbsup:

You too Dylan, cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. A superb duo you are sporting today.

The knife is definitely a collector's edition, and the "Pulp-Lit Annotated Omnibus Edition" title page is very cool! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The Guardians could have quite a Lambsfoot invasion of the Books and Blades thread if everyone reposted their recent photos (including all the comic books) there.

Thank you, GT! I suspect you are quite right, a lot of readers here with a wide variety of interests.

Something fine for me today.

xILg1pY.jpg

think that's fair enough Willie :) :thumbsup:
I'm glad not to disappoint you sir, I have another footed knife that I'm fond of that I wouldn't do anything to, but my mechanic saves me lots of choice pieces of scrap steel to at with, and we make our own charcoal since having a supply of wood isn't a problem I've got a fairly cheap hobby.

Ouch! That's a shame :( :thumbsup:
I have some good news on that front, my brother (who is a pretty darn good welder) thinks we can lay a bead on it and grind it down for a repair.
Nice reference! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you sir!!!
1579492837470347324358.jpg
Just got home a bit ago, lake Erie cranked up the lake snow machine just as the fuel pump in my plow truck quit. My poor brother logged 30 hours in the cab. I got lucky and our old man filled in for me to get some sleep. So I've only had 18. Time for a night cap and a short sleep before heading back out. Toted the lambsfoot today.

Err no I did not! Thank you for enlightening me to a nice piece of Sheffield industry history.
I have an old half-pint pewter tankard and I know what your talking about. I've wondered whether its the patina and not the actual pewter that affects the taste .
Great photos there. :thumbsup:

The building is looking a bit run-down these days, but if you're ever heading north on the train out of Sheffield, look to your right a couple of seconds after you pass the Wicker Arches, and you'll see it David :thumbsup:

800px-English_Pewter_Company.jpg

It might be the patina, I guess after a few pints you wouldn't notice :D I think the era when blokes kept tankards in their local was back in the days when the glasses weren't very clean :eek: Thanks my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Hope your day has gone well.

Thank you Joshua :) Unfortunately I ended up with a bunch of work landing in my lap o_O Hope you had a good one good sir :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you, Jack. Your Hartshead looks great in the shade. The Alfred Blackwell is very nice.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. The B & C wasn’t nearby, but I found one online with the very same stamp.
View attachment 1268432

Your image of two Lambs locked in mortal combat:D is excellent.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1268439

Thank you Harvey, great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

The Lambsfoot points the way :)
GW1HayQ.jpg

PrD5IfE.jpg

kB7xJQ7.jpg

Fantastic photos Dan, looks like a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. A superb duo you are sporting today.

Thank you, GT! I suspect you are quite right, a lot of readers here with a wide variety of interests.

Something fine for me today.

xILg1pY.jpg

Thank you very much Dylan, fabulous Sunday choice my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad not to disappoint you sir, I have another footed knife that I'm fond of that I wouldn't do anything to, but my mechanic saves me lots of choice pieces of scrap steel to at with, and we make our own charcoal since having a supply of wood isn't a problem I've got a fairly cheap hobby.

I have some good news on that front, my brother (who is a pretty darn good welder) thinks we can lay a bead on it and grind it down for a repair.

Thank you sir!!!
View attachment 1268787
Just got home a bit ago, lake Erie cranked up the lake snow machine just as the fuel pump in my plow truck quit. My poor brother logged 30 hours in the cab. I got lucky and our old man filled in for me to get some sleep. So I've only had 18. Time for a night cap and a short sleep before heading back out. Toted the lambsfoot today.

Sounds like fun Willie, I hope you can salvage your earlier project :) Sounds like you are all logging in some hours there buddy :eek: Stay safe, and I hope the week brings better things :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, another Monday :rolleyes: I hope everyone had a great weekend at least, and that your week gets off to a reasonable start :thumbsup:

wciaYCl.jpg

Sounds like fun Willie, I hope you can salvage your earlier project :) Sounds like you are all logging in some hours there buddy :eek: Stay safe, and I hope the week brings better things

Thanks Jack. We just wrapped up again (hopefully) gonna take it easy the rest if the day. Hopefully you get some time back after having to work yesterday. It's never fun getting a task on an allotted day off. At least you got a chance for a pint and a shot at the end of the day. Have a good one. 15795200817661197209678.jpg
Toting the lambsfoot again today, treating the scales to a linseed oil bath...

You'll have to plan ahead for a Sunday Sausage Sandwich next week
I will do just that.
I've really taken to sausage sandwiches, they remind me of something a Hobbit would ear. ;)

You can charge a lot more for a graphic novel ;) :thumbsup:
That's the truth!!!

Hidden tang :) ... and hidden nail nick :eek: :D

Your Lamb looks "comfy", Harvey. ;)

Classy looking photo. :cool::thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, another Monday :rolleyes: I hope everyone had a great weekend at least, and that your week gets off to a reasonable start :thumbsup:

wciaYCl.jpg
Good Morning, Jack.
A lot of us here in the States have the day off from work. It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Thanks Jack. We just wrapped up again (hopefully) gonna take it easy the rest if the day. Hopefully you get some time back after having to work yesterday. It's never fun getting a task on an allotted day off. At least you got a chance for a pint and a shot at the end of the day. Have a good one. View attachment 1268863
Toting the lambsfoot again today, treating the scales to a linseed oil bath...

I often have to work on Sundays Willie, not usually that unexpectedly, but I think I have it a lot easier than most all in all. Thank you my friend, hope you get a chance to put your feet up :) :thumbsup:

I will do just that.
I've really taken to sausage sandwiches, they remind me of something a Hobbit would ear. ;)

That's the truth!!!

Hidden tang :) ... and hidden nail nick :eek: :D

Your Lamb looks "comfy", Harvey. ;)

Classy looking photo. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning, Jack.
A lot of us here in the States have the day off from work. It's Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

LOL! :D Yeah, that's my Stan Shaw :)

6Kozd3t.jpg

Enjoy your day off John :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Woke up at 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.
I'm taking my seat out on the porch early, with a cup of coffee and sharp knives to share, waiting for others to join me. :)

Sorry to hear about the insomnia mate, 3.00am is an early start. I love your pic though :) :thumbsup:

Hope you've got a day off too Kevin, cool pic there :) :thumbsup:

The Lambsfoot points the way :)
GW1HayQ.jpg

PrD5IfE.jpg

kB7xJQ7.jpg

Cool pictures! That snow looks great. :thumbsup:

The building is looking a bit run-down these days, but if you're ever heading north on the train out of Sheffield, look to your right a couple of seconds after you pass the Wicker Arches, and you'll see it David :thumbsup:

800px-English_Pewter_Company.jpg

It might be the patina, I guess after a few pints you wouldn't notice :D I think the era when blokes kept tankards in their local was back in the days when the glasses weren't very clean :eek: Thanks my friend :thumbsup:

wciaYCl.jpg

Cheers Jack, I must of seen it in days gone by, I just can't recall.
Hope you've had a good Monday; it's been nice to have some blue sky again after yesterday's murk.

d7Etjse.jpg

Cheers Jack, I must of seen it in days gone by, I just can't recall.
Hope you've had a good Monday; it's been nice to have some blue sky again after yesterday's murk.

d7Etjse.jpg

It's certainly not the most eye-catching building David. Not too bad thanks, yes a nice sunny day over here, cold though. Great-looking watch, and it looks good with your Lambsfoot. Hope you've had a good day pal :thumbsup:

Sambar Stag covered SFO Hartshead Barlow with a Whitetail Deer Stag whistle. I think they compliment each other nicely.

ObFO7lN.jpg

They go well together Ed, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Back